Chapter 41

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

Yoseob's phone was going off the whole time he and  ______ were recording their song.

He pulled it from his pocket, and rolled his eyes.

"Thirty five missed calls?! What the hell is this?! I should've known she wouldn't just leave and let it all go."

"Who?" Ricky asked, confused.

______ sighed.

"Thirty five?!"

"Wait..." He said, his phone ringing again. He let it go. "Thirty six."

"That's....creepy."

"Can you go beat her up? Isn't my girlfriend supposed to get jealous and jump her?"

"Yah, am I violent?"

"I bet if someone did it to Ricky you would be."

"Well DUH! I'm the overprotective Noona. That's just who I am

"She likes me and won't leave me alone." YOSEOB whined. "It's annoying the hell out of me!!"

_____ took a deep breath.

Ricky tugged on Yoseob's sleeve.

"Hyungnim..."

"Hmm?" Yoseob looked at the younger boy.

"I know that look! Noona is about to give some of her 'Noona-style advice'."

YOSEOB looked at his girlfriend.

"What is it? Are you going to tell me to talk to her?"

______ made a face.

"Not that I want you to be alone with her, because I don't...but...."

"But what?" He asked.

"The only way to get her to leave us alone is to hear her out."

"What if I don't feel comfortable with that?"

"You think YOU don't feel comfortable?! How do you think I feel?! I am confident about our relationship and feelings for each other until she comes into the picture. She is someone that you liked for the longest time. She was a girl you loved."

"Loved?! Yah, what do you mean 'loved'? It was an unrequited crush. My feelings for her disappeared before I met you."

______ sighed.

"....."

"What? You don't believe me?"

"I think you're getting really worked up over this."

"ANDWAE!!!!!!!!!!" Ricky shouted. "I don't want you two to fight again!!! NO FIGHTING! Definitely no 'breaks'!"

"We're not going on a break..." ______ said. "Yah, headphones on...NOW! The adults are talking."

Ricky looked at Yoseob who just nodded.

______ shook her head.

"I swear, you go into protective mode." Yoseob said.

She shrugged.

"I can't help it. This is making you angry. You don't need to stress over it."

"Don't worry! Quit stressing over something that I should be dealing with. It has nothing to Di with you. I don't want you involved in her drama queen tantrum. I promise I'll take care of it!"

"......"

"Don't worry, I'm not a violent person."

"I know that." She giggled. "You just seemed really sensitive over this...."

"I'm sensitive because she's saying things about you!! You're MY girlfriend and you have enough to deal with!"

"Yoseob-ah, I've had to deal with girls like this before. Girls like drama. I try to avoid drama. I can handle it."

"Well not this time. You don’t have to. I will talk to her and get her off your back. Mianhae, it seems like I’m bringing all the drama into your life.”

“If you think I’m going to give you up just because there has been some drama going on…you must be insane. It’s a coincidence and not worth it.”

He smiled a bit.

“That’s why I’m going to handle it, arasseo?” he said pulling her into a hug. ______ pushed him off. He stared at her in shock. “Wae…?”

“Yah! Not here! I thought you promised we wouldn’t show PDA? Wait until we get outside!”

Yoseob chuckled and shook his head.

“Plus, you just told him to cover his ears, not his eyes.” He said motioning toward Ricky. “You don’t want to scar the kid and need to pay  a lot for therapy. Yojin doesn’t mind, she already needs help so…”

______ playfully hit him.

“Yah! I love uri Yojinnie! I haven’t seen her in forever!”

“Oh I envy you. I see her every day.”

“Hmm…well I need to visit her soon.”

Yoseob patted Ricky’s head.

Ricky looked up at him.

“Hmm?”

“You guys should come for dinner one evening.” He said.

______ nodded.

“Are you two done talking?” Ricky asked.

“Mhm.” Yoseob smiled. “Where are you going to now?”

“I have to go brag to my friends!” the younger boy shouted.

“Wae?” the couple asked.

“Noona sang and I kept in my excitement. I have to tell someone before I explode!”

He bowed to them, said goodbye and left.

______ sighed and shook her head.

“Yoo Changhyun is such a great kid.” Yoseob said. “I know it’s weird to bring him to work. Seeing his reaction to us, telling him you’re going to sing…I couldn’t not include him. It meant a lot to the kid.”

 His girlfriend smiled and nodded.

“Yoseob-ah…?”

“Hmm?”

“Kamsa.”

“For what?”

“Bringing him along.”

“Cheonmaneyo.” He smiled. “You should go back to finish up shoot for the day.”

“You might leave before I finish though.” She frowned.

“Then I’ll see you.” He told her.

“You better.”

______ looked around to make sure the director wasn’t around, then quickly gave him a kiss.

After she left he sighed.

“Uri ______ is amazing…” he smiled.  He pulled his phone from his pocket and made a disgusted face, when he saw she was calling back again. “If only SOMEONE would OUT!”

“Oppa…you answered.” Jieun said cheerfully.

"Coffee place, in ten minutes." Yoseob told her and hung up the phone without saying anything else.

 

 

_________________________________________________________

Uh Oh! Obsessive Jieun is going to hear from Yoseobie!