Chapter 43

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

 

“AISH! Yang Yoseob loosen up before you explode!” Kikwang scolded.

Yoseob just glared at him.

“How do you think I feel after leaving there?!”

“You mean after snapping at the girl you had a crush on since forever?”

“CRUSH?! I have NEVER hated someone, in my life! I’m seriously beginning to!”

“Where did that obsessive crush come from anyway?”

“I told you, she’s not my crush! I have a girlfriend!”

“Aish…” Kikwang flinched. “Babo-ya, no need to get snappy at me! I meant hers on you.”

“……the fact that I’m taken, apparently.” Yoseob sighed pulling at his hair. “Yah, Lee Kikwang?”

“Hmm?”

“Say something stupid.”

“M-Mwo?”

“I mean speak like you usually do. Babo-like things always tend to come out.”

“YAH!”

“What? I need cheering up. I’ve never been so angry in my life!”

“Hmm…two things you’ve never done in your life? Wow, lucky Lee Jieun. She gets to be the subject of both.” Kikwang said sarcastically. He put an arm around Yoseob’s shoulders. “Yah…We should go meet the guys for some fun. It will help you forget the drama from a few minutes ago.”

“Geurae. I need to exercise or something…” Yoseob said. “Let’s do something sporty.”

“Do you want Junhyungie to kill us?” Kikwang chuckled. “He’s against all things physical education. There can be nothing remotely athletic for him to want to participate. Hmm…how about bowling? You can picture someone’s face on the pins.”

“CALL!”

Kikwang let out a sigh.

‘I sure am glad it’s not MY face he’s picturing on the bowling pins. Yang Yoseob is really scary right now.’

They headed to meet their friends.

Kikwang repeated his suggestion for them.

“Bowling?” Doojoon echoed.

“Mhm.” Yoseob nodded. “It will be fun.”

“It sounds good. I’m up for it.” The leader agreed.

“What is your girlfriend doing?”

Yoseob shrugged.

“She was working when I last saw her.”

“You’re not going to hang out with her?”

“I don’t know if Yoseobie wants ______ to know what he just did.” Kikwang sighed. “I saw a whole new side of him earlier.”

“A new side?”

“The dark side.” Lee Kikwang nodded.

“Yang Yoseob has a dark side?” Junhyung chuckled in disbelief. “Yah…are you kidding?’

“Well, Kikwangie has seen it.” Doojoon commented. “That’s why I’m so glad you two made up.”

“What happened anyway?” Hyunseung asked. “Yang Yo?”

“Apparently, Kikwangie spent too much time with YOU today. When he spoke, he sounded like a lunatic.”

“Lunatic? I was just going along with what she said.”

“And she was acting like a lunatic!” Yoseob exclaimed.

Kikwang busted out laughing.

“Just think you started out with no women and suddenly, you’re here.”

“SHUT UP!”

“I still don’t understand some conversations between Yoseob Hyung and Kikwang Hyung.” Dongwoon sighed.

He just blinked at them in confusion.

“Nado.” Junhyung nodded in agreement. “It’s best to not ask what they’re talking about. Anyway, when I asked what your girlfriend is doing, I figured you’d want to invite her.”

Yoseob shrugged and looked at Kikwang.

"Molla. Is that okay, if I bring her?"

The other boy rolled his eyes.

"DUH! Of course you should bring Yoo ______!" Kikwang told him. "She's your girlfriend."

"But would YOU be okay with it?"

"No...I want you all to myself." Kikwang said sarcastically. “You caught me! That’s why I dragged you out of that coffee shop today. I couldn’t bear to see you with a girl.”

"Aye, why didn't you just say so? You missed me that much, Kikwangie?" Yoseob teased going in to wrap his arms around him

"AISH...go away.” Kikwang chuckled pushing him away. “Yah, just invite her!"

"I'm already on it."

Yoseob went to make a phone call.

"Aah, isn't it nice to have our KiSeobie back?"

"Seriously..."

Kikwang sighed.

“You sure you’re over her? You have to be, right? She’s with Yoseobie.”

"I'm just saying, a little while ago Yang Yo was in a bad mood. He's still moody. If ______ is here, it'll help lighten the mood. It would make him more pleasant to be around.

“Of course, due to your little…lover's quarrel, we have no idea why he was in such a bad mood. Can you two ever just get to the point?”

Within the hour, ______ showed up with Ricky and his friends.

When Yoseob saw her, his heart fluttered.

Now, that he knew he was in love with her, he needed to see her.

"Mianhae! They wanted to go bowling too. They'll be alright on their own." ______ said getting the boys settled at their own lane.

"Nah, come here." Yoseob waved the boys over. “Ricky-ya, bring your friends.”

He ruffled Ricky's hair.

"Daebak!"

"Ricky-ya, We’re going to have fun."

"It's as if you didn't just spend the day together, today." ______ shook her head.

“I missed my Ricky.” Yoseob smiled.

“I feel so cheated.” Kikwang said. “I thought you said you wanted me?”

“You can both have me. Aigoo.” Yoseob said claiming his team members. He grabbed ______ and Ricky. He was deciding between on next group member.

"Let's split into teams and have a competition.” Doojoon suggested.

“Well, in that case, I'll take Kikwangie." Yoseob said.

"What? I thought you were talking about us being on a team!! Traitor!" Junhyung said.

"Well, that was before I knew it was a competition to win."

"You don't think I could win?"

"To be honest, you have the skinniest arms of us all." Doojoon said.

"What about Yoseob?"

"His arms aren't skinny." ______ blurted and started to blush.

Her boyfriend blushed too.

“I think Yoseobie’s arms could be bigger than Kikwangie’s.” Hyunseung added.

"______-ah...." Junhyung whined. "Why does no one want me? Hyunseungie?"

"I'm with Doojoonie and Dongwoonie."

"Yah, come on Yang Yoseob."

"I already got uri ______ and Ricky on this team with Kikwangie. You could always make a team with them. The boys have five left.”

"Rapper team." L Joe said teaming up with CAP.

"So you get four and the rest of the teams are three?"

"It was our idea." Kikwang said.

"But those two are athletic."

"So am I." Doojoon insisted.

"In soccer. Your legs are stronger. Do you bowl with your legs?"

“Yes, you have to count your steps. If you can’t walk…oh that’s right, Yoseobie has Kikwang.” Junhyung smirked.

“I can walk just fine.” Kikwang shot back.

"Noona hasn't bowled in a while. She's probably rusty anyway." Ricky told Yoseob

"That's what she has Yoseobie for.” Hyunseung said. “If you get too skinshippy though, I might just throw my bowling ball at you."

The rest of the guys agreed.

Yoseob made a face.

"You said I could invite her. Deal with it."

"Yeah...but there are kids here. I know you need cheering up but think of the rating level.”

“Cheering up? Wae?” ______ asked out of curiousity. “Is the Lee Jieun thing still bothering you?”

Yoseob sighed.

“About that….”

“….What happened? What did you do?”

“I was pissed because she kept calling me, non-stop. I had her meet me so that I could tell her off. She just kept pushing me more. I don’t know if I got rid of her, but I’m glad I met with her.”

“……..You’re glad you got angry?”

“I’m glad I let out my anger. If I kept it in any longer, I don’t know if I’d survive.”

______ sighed.

“Gwaenchana?” she asked, concerned about him.

Yoseob just smiled at his girlfriend.

“I’m happy to see you.” He told her. ‘Extremely happy. Now that I realized how I feel….how am I going to tell her?’

“Are you avoiding my question?” ______ muttered, taking his face into her hands. He blushed when she brought it close to her and kept eye contact. “I love that you’re happy to see me, because I feel the same way. Still, don’t avoid the question.”

“I-I’m okay.” He nodded. “I may have lost the last shred of respect I had for the girl, but I’m okay. I never did anything to lead her on. I’m not someone who would lay my hands on a woman.”

“I know that.” ______ giggled.

“That girl though.” Kikwang shook his head. “She tried to drag ME into it. I’m perfectly happy with where I am.”

“I’m still not over the boat thing.”

“What did he say about a boat?” their friends asked curiously.

“It’s not as funny if you weren’t there.”

“It was funny?”

“it was.”

“Why was it so funny?”

“You sounded like a .”

“He always sounds like a !” Doojoon insisted.

“Oops, sorry Innocent ears.” Yoseob bowed while seated. “Ricky-ya, Mianhae. Your Noona didn’t bring those headphones with her.”

______ shook her head.

“No need to apologize, he’ll forgive you for it.”

“Of course, I’ll always forgive Hyungnim.”

“You can say ‘’ all-…”

“NOONA!” Ricky scolded.

______ sighed.

“Of course, it’s alright when Yoseobie says it, but not ME?”

“You’re supposed to be setting an example for me! A GOOD example!”

______ shook her head.

“……double standard.”

Ricky just shrugged.

“You’re my Noona, you should know better.”

______ looked at Yoseob, who just laughed.

“Well then, Junhyung Oppa, I don’t like this team!”

“ANDWAE!” Kikwang exclaimed. “You have to keep me company, arasseo? Let them pair up and you can be my partner. Sound good?”

“CALL!~~” She exclaimed happily.

“You’d like that wouldn’t you, Lee Kikwang?” Yoseob narrowed his eyes at him. “Andwae, we’re a quartet. Enough said.”

______ smiled and sat back next to her boyfriend.

“Arasseo, Yoseobie!~” she sang, hugging his arm. ‘He’s cuter when he’s jealous. It brings out a manly side. This man is driving me crazy. AAAAAAH EOTTOEKHAE? Wae is he so perfectly perfect?’

“I was kidding. Aye, wae so sensitive?” Kikwang teased hugging Yoseob.

Yoseob just glared at him, then smiled.

“I’m not having a good day. It’s just getting good. Don’t push it. Go first.” He chuckled prying his arms off of him. “Yah, let me go.”

“Andwaeyo!~ You need a hug!”

“Aigoo, ______-ah, you can start us off.” Yoseob said, stuck in Kikwang’s embrace. “Yah! Lee Kikwang!~ GEUMAHAE!~~~~~” he whined.

 ______ snapped out of her trance and jumped up.

“Oh…uh…NE!~” she said grabbing her bowling ball from the ball return.

Ricky watched her and shook his head.

‘Aigoo Noona, could you get any more obvious? Noona's stares last too long. Aigoo. I need a brother-in-law already.’

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

Finally got the chance to update after my longest hiatus ever!!!!!

Aigoo!~ I've been soooooooooo busy.

Even though I jot down ideas, I never get the time to arrange it into a chapter.

I'll try to post more ASAP.