Chapter 29

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

“Yah, you said you'd let me help you to choose. I choose Yoseob Hyung. ANDWAE!!!!"

"I'm not breaking up with him..." she said to her Dongsaeng.

He was hysterical.

"Ricky-ya, Hyungnim should be the one freaking out, not you." Yoseob said.

"Yeah...but...after all the time we spent together. I don't want it to be someone else." The younger boy argued.

"I just don't want best friends to become estranged...because of me. Yoseobie.." ______ said, ignoring her brother’s pleas.

"Arasseo..." Yoseob said softly. He understood what she was getting at, but he didn’t want to be apart from her.

"Noona...WAE?!?!?!" Ricky sniffled.

______ gave her brother a stern look.

"Changhyunnie, go to your room."

“But..”

“GO!”

Ricky frowned and sulked all the way to his room.

______ spoke to Yoseob alone.

"Don't say that you want to break up..." he whispered. “Chaebal…”

She shook her head.

"I don't want to break up. I really don’t want to. I just need you to makeup with Kikwang-ssi, before I can end this break."

"What?"

"Yoseob-ah, I hate losing people. I just hate it. It so badly. I don't like when people disappear. You mean a lot to me. I just can't accept you and Kikwang-ssi hating each other. I don't want you to regret it. If god forbid something happens....and you never see each other again...I'll feel bad."

"..."

"My feelings for you, are stronger than anything else so I don't want you to hurt because you're not talking. I just can't believe I didn't notice it."

"What?! You didn't notice what?!"

"You two haven't been around each other. I was so distracted with getting to know you. I like you."

"....Listen, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I didn't think it would make a difference.” He said quietly.

“It makes a difference….” ______ told him firmly. “It makes a HUGE difference. I don’t even remember whether I told my parents how much I loved them, that day. I know, that I was in the car with them, when they died, but I don’t remember if I told them or not. I don’t want to let go of anyone because of that. I’m definitely, not breaking up with you. I would regret it, if I did. Is it too much to ask, for you to make an attempt?”

“Aniya…” Yoseob shook his head. “It’s not, because I know you want this to happen for my sake.”

“It’s because you miss him and I can tell that you’re different now.”

“…….if I make up with him, you’ll forgive me? You won’t be angry anymore?”

______ sighed and looked him in the eye.

“I’m not mad at you! Don’t you get that? I’m mad at ME because I was so oblivious. We were so happy that we never paid attention to anything else. I don’t want to be blind because I’m happy. Are you happy?”

“Well I was…UNTIL NOW! This is our first fight.”

“I realize that…”

“…………….”

“Yoseob-ah…I’m saying this, to you, because you’re important to me.”

He just nodded.

“It’s alright. I’m not a child.” He told her. “I get it. I’ll figure something out.”

After Yoseob left, ______ went to Ricky's room.

She knew it must have hurt him.

"Changhyunnie...."

"Noona...did you break up with him?"

"Aniya." She shook her head. "I like him too much. Don't you?"

"Noona, when I'm hanging out with Hyungnim, it's cool. He doesn't treat me like a kid. Hyungnim is manly and awesome. It’s not all aegyo.”

“I know that…” she said softly.

“Hyungnim’s pride must’ve been hurt because of that.” Ricky told her. “Noona, I’m growing up too. I’m going to be a man soon.”

“I know that too.” She giggled. “That’s why you need a good male figure in your life.”

“Can I keep Yoseob Hyungnim?” he begged her.

“Of course.”

“So…even though you’re on a break, can I still hang out with him? Aish, it might hurt him to see me though. I’ll give him time.”

“Aigoo, I haven’t broken up with him. I just…” she sighed. “Maybe I was too pushy about it, but I know how close they were. I have my reasons for doing this. As much as the thought of being apart hurts, I don’t want him to have regrets.”

Ricky smiled and snuggled up to her.

“It’s okay Noona.”

When Yoseob got home…he went straight to his room.

He walked passed his Noona, and cousin, who were sitting on the couch.

“Op-….” Yojin was cut off by a slamming door.

They heard the click of the lock.

“Whoa…what just happened?” Haeyeon asked her cousin.

Yojin just shrugged.

“I don’t….oh…”

“What? What is it?”

“Do you think that ______ Unnie could have broken up with Oppa?”

Haeyeon just gave her a look.

“Psh!” she scoffed. “You know her way better than I do, and even I know that she wouldn’t. She likes him way too much to break up with him.”

Yojin sighed.

She remember the conversation she had with ______ earlier, and shook her head.

“Unnie does like Oppa A LOT. So…maybe she did.”

“What does that even mean?”

“______ Unnie found out that Kikwang Oppa and Yoseob Oppa aren’t friends anymore. She’s feeling guilty. I know what kind of person ______ Unnie is. She puts others before herself!”

Haeyeon just blinked, trying to process this.

“I could see that about her. Yoseobie locked his door though.”

Yojin just grinned.

“Unnie, I’ve broken into Oppa’s room many times. I think I can do it now.” She smirked, taking a bobby pin out of her hair.

Haeyeon shook her head as Yojin kneeled down to pick the lock.

“It’s a good thing that Yoseobie never did these things to me.”

“What?” Yojin said innocently. “I liked being around Oppa when I was little.”

“I remember…I had two of you on my tail. It was just him stalking me until you were born.”

CLICK!

“Got it!~~~” Yojin sang. She pushed her stuffed dog through the opening in the door. “Oppa, Brownie wants to come in!”

“YAH!!! You still do that?!’ Yoseob exclaimed. He quickly pulled on a shirt. “I’m trying to get dressed! Get your Brownie out of here!”

Yojin hugged the stuffed dog and frowned.

“Oppa, Brownie, Haeyeon Unnie, and I were worried about you.” She said cutely.

“Oppa is really not in the mood for aegyo, right now.” Yoseob growled. “Get out!”

“ANDWAEYO!” she said. “Did something happen with ______ UnNie?”

“Yoseob-ah, you’ve been home for a while. What have you been…” Haeyeon cut herself off when she saw a photo album on the ground.

There were a few crumbled pictures scattered around the room.

“Oppa! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?! Aren’t you supposed to be making up with Kikwang Oppa?”

“….Psh..NO!”

"Oppa, I spoke to ______ Unnie earlier. Are you mad at her?"

"Ani." He shook his head. "I'm not mad at her."

"Did you break up?"

"NO!"

"No need to get all snappy." Haeyeon scolded. "AISH, I wish you'd open up and tell us what is bothering you. She didn't break up with you?"

"You break into my room and expect me to be calm? Can't you knock?"

"Would you have let us in?"

"Possibly.... Aish...She didn't dump me. She just gave me an ultimatum, kind of."

"Unnie wants you to make up with Lee Kikwang."

“WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO MAKE UP WITH THAT JERK?!?!” He snapped.

“Oppa...”

“I’m not kidding!” he growled. “We said some mean things to each other. I’m not willing to forgive him.”

Haeyeon rolled his eyes.

“Not even for ______? Aish, I always knew my little brother was stubborn.”

“Oppa…Even if I wanted to make up with that Babo, what’s the point in ME trying? I’m not going to get anywhere. My relationship with Yoo ______ is going to be all messed up. AISH!!!! Why did he have to speak to her about me?!”

Haeyeon rubbed her temples.

“I think that your hatred is way over the top. You don’t hate him. You pretty much just said that you want to make up but don’t know if it will work unless he feels the same.”

Yoseob just shrugged.

“Mollayo…I may have said that. I may have not.”

“Aigoo…Oppa….”

A couple of days later, Ricky went to his dance class.

When he walked in with Changjo, he saw Kikwang’s leg.

“Seonsaengnim, what happened to your leg?” The younger boy asked.

“Aah, Changjo, it’s nothing. I was just practicing too hard. I landed wrong. My friend would’ve been snapping in my ear. I would’ve had a huge lecture.”

Ricky frowned.

‘Does he mean Yoseob Hyungnim?’

Ricky stayed after dance class to speak to Kikwang.

“Ricky-ya…are you coming?” Changjo asked.

Ricky shook his head.

“Aniya, I’m going to speak to Seonsaengnim. You can go ahead and I’ll call you later.”

“Arasseo.” The maknae nodded and left.

Ricky sighed and walked over to Kikwang.

"Um...Seonsaengnim?" he asked softly.

"Ne? Ricky, is something the matter?"

“I want Uri Noona and Yoseob Hyungnim to stay together.”

Kikwang had a blank, lost, look on his face.

“M-Mwo? What do you mean?”

Ricky frowned and dropped to the ground, the tears threatened to fall.

"I don't want my Noona to break up with Yoseob Hyungnim!!!!" he whined.

Kikwang blinked.

"Mwo? What do you mean? They're breaking up?" he panicked.

"I don't want Noona to fight with Yoseob Hyungnim."

"Why are they fighting?"

"Noona is mad at Hyungnim because...you and Hyungnim aren't speaking. I'm concerned for you too, Seonsaengnim."

Kikwang stared at Ricky.

"Wow, you're really attached to Yang Yoseob."

Ricky nodded.

"From the moment I met him, I liked him. It's like I could read the kind of person he was in an instant. My judgment was right. When Yoseob Hyungnim and I were together, just the two of us, he was good to me. I mean, other guys that wanted to date Noona, weren't like him."

"They weren't?"

Ricky shook his head.

"They thought of me as 'baggage'. Noona always put me ahead of herself. She kicked the guys out of her life. Now, I want her to put herself first. Yoseob Hyungnim acts like my brother. He doesn't treat me like some kid who shouldn't be around. I'm not 'baggage' to him."

"That's how Yang Yoseob is. He cares about everyone. He gets along with anyone. He's someone you'd want in your life."

"Then, why aren't you speaking?"

"It's something petty and stupid. We both wanted to date your Noona. We argued and fought. We even came to physical blows."

"Yoseob Hyungnim fought you?! He doesn't seem like the type."

"He's not. We were just angry and jealous of the relationships and friendships the other had with her."

“Seonsaengnim, would you make up with Yoseob Hyungnim?”

“……..no comment, Kid. As much as I would love to try, I doubt Yoseobie would have it. Sorry, I can’t help you.”

“…….”

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________

AISH! Stuborn much, KiSeob?!?!

I ship these Babo so much though...

 

 

 

I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP!~ ♥♥♥