Chapter 39

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

The couple turned around when they heard her voice.

_____ smiled.

"Oh Jieun-ssi. How are you?" ______ asked politely.

"Annoyed. Don't act so sweet and innocent.” Jieun said coldly.

"It's not an act." Yoseob growled. "She's your elder, be respectful! Watch how you speak to her!"

"Wae?"

"Jieun-ssi, I'm sorry that you think I'm not genuine." ______ gave an unnecessary apology.

"I don't think so! I KNOW so."

'Look who’s talking....' He thought. "Yah, Lee Jieun, don't disrespect my girlfriend."

"......Yoseob-ah, I'm okay." ______ said wrapping her arms around his bicep.

"Well….I'm not okay." He said. He turned to Jieun. "YAH, LEE JIEUN! You only humiliated yourself by walking out that door. You know that, don't you? Don’t take your anger out of her, if you’re the one at fault! You’re seriously pissing me off.”

"No. Oppa...."

".......what?" he growled through gritted teeth.

"Oppa, can we talk alone?"

"Psh…” he scoffed. ‘No, I’m kind of on a date. I'm uninterested in talking to anyone but her. Plus, even if we weren't on a date, you kind of threw me under the bus....so save it. I’m so pissed off at you, Lee Jieun, I don’t even want to be friends."

“B-But…Oppa, mia-”

“______-ah, kaja…” He grabbed ______'s hand and walked away, ignoring Jieun’s shouts.

"Y-Yoseob-ah.." ______ whispered softly.

"______-ah, before I get a lecture from you, she is not someone that I'll waste away if I don't have her around. It's not eating away at me like it was when Kikwangie and I weren't in speaking terms."

______ nodded.

"Arasseo. I wasn't going to say anything about that."

"What were you going to say then?"

______ looked around the store.

"Don't you think we're going a bit too far with this relationship? I don't think we're here yet."

"Huh?"

He looked around and blushed.

"......lingerie store...."

"ACK!!!" He exclaimed, the blood rushing to his cheeks. "L-Let's go."

 

He practically sprinted out the door.

______ giggled.

"Awwww....he’s so adorable when he's embarrassed."

She went after him and wrapped her arms around him from behind.

"AISH..."

"Gwaenchana!~~" she sang.

"Yah, Yoo ______." He whispered.

"Ye?"

"I don't want you to have to deal with her crap. You've been through enough drama in your life. Don't let mine bother you."

______ sighed.

"Ne, I have been through a lot BUT I'm not unhappy. Not anymore. My life revolved around Yoo Changhyun, since as long as I can remember. Everything was to make his life simpler. I promised my parents that If take care of him. Other than that, you're the other thing in my life that makes me happy."

He smiled.

"Ara...."

“What’s with the smirk and the cocky reply?”

His grin grew.

“Who’s being cheesy now?”

“Still you!~” she teased.

“YAH! I’m scarred for life now, it’s all her fault. I was blinded by anger and saw too much. Don’t think I’m a Byuntae, arasseo?”

______ shook her head.

“I could never think that. Plus…judging by the shade of red you turned, you’re far from a byuntae.” She giggled.  “From the first day we met, I knew it’s impossible for you to be erted.”

“Well, now that THAT is out …can we continue our date?”

“Gladly!” she said with a smile. “Hurry up!~~”

She skipped off ahead of him.

 Yoseob chuckled, shook his head, and followed after her.

“Where are we going?”

She took him to a nearby restaurant.

After dinner he walked her home.

“Ooh, be right back!” she said running into a store a few blocks away from her house.

“HYUNGNIM!!~~~” A familiar voice shouted from behind.

Yoseob turned around to see her brother, running up to him.

“RICKY-YA! What are you up to?”

“Nothing much, I was hanging out with my friends. They must be playing hide and seek…because I lost them.” The younger boy frowned. “Where’s Noona?”

“Apparently, she’s doing the same as your friends. I thought we were supposed to be on a date.” Yoseob chuckled.

______ came out of the store she was in and saw her brother.

“Changhyun-ah, what are you doing here?” she asked, not expecting to see him. “Aren’t you supposed to be with your friends?”

“Noona, you’re not supposed to run away from Yoseob Hyungnim when you’re on a date.” Ricky teased. “Hyungnim is too daebak for that.”

“Hmm…Ricky-ya, you're going to think that Hyungnim is even more DAEBAK now." Yoseob smirked.

"I already think Hyungnim is DAEBAK."

"When I tell you what I did, you'll be excited."

"What did you do?! What is it?!? Tell me! Tell me! TELL ME!!"

"I convinced your Noona to do something."

"Did you ask Noona to marry you?!" He blurted, grabbing the couple’s attention.

".........."

"Yoo Changhyun!"

"What?" He asked innocently. “That’s not it?”

"No~~~" Yoseob blushed. "Were getting too ahead of ourselves now, don't you think?"

"Oh mianhaeyo." He bowed. He looked at ______. "Sorry, Noona. Go back to what you were doing."

______ looked at Yoseob and shook her head.

“Don’t put ideas into his head.”

“I’m still curious though. Did you do something that was near impossible? The only thing that is near impossible to convince Noona to do…is date and sing. She’s already dating you so yeah…”

“You got it.”

“I got it?!”

Ricky’s eyes widened.

“NOONA!!!!!”

“Wae?” she laughed. “Why so loud?”

“Did Hyungnim REALLY convince you to sing?”

Yoseob grinned.

“Not just sing. I got her to do it publicly. We’re doing a duet for the commercial we’re working on. Millions of people will hear it.”

Ricky dropped to his knees and bowed.

“You are a GOD!!!”

The couple looked at Ricky in shock.

“Haha, you’re excited too, hmm?” Yoseob gasped.

“Of course, Hyungnim!

“YAH, YOO CHANGHYUN!!” the overprotective Noona exclaimed. “Get off the ground! It’s dirty! Do you know how many bacteria are on the ground? Especially on a public street!”

She pulled Ricky to his feet.

Yoseob smiled.

‘She’s the most adorable Noona-Umma. I love how much she loves this kid.’ He thought.

“I’m just trying to give Hyungnim what he deserves! Even I couldn’t convince you to sing publicly. Didn’t I always tell you that your voice was the best? You’re as daebak as Umma was. SEE?!~ I guess singing lullabies, to me, every night helped you. Your voice didn’t get rusty or anything.”

______ smiled and kissed Ricky’s forehead.

“Don’t get too spazzy now.” She giggled. “Today was my first day, and we only practiced. I didn’t even sound good.”

Yoseob nodded in agreement.

“Hyungnim, how did Noona sound?”

“She didn’t sound good.” He sighed.

“Told ya.”

“She sounded PERFECT! It was flawless.”

“I bet it was! Noona really is the best singer I’ve ever heard. How awesome is that? You get to do a duet together. Can I come visit your work one day? I want to hear it!”

“I think my little reveal, may have caused him to become hyper.” Yoseob said to ______.

“You think?” she giggled. “Aigoo!~~~~~~”

“Well, my mood is up.” He said. “His spazziness is cute so I won’t apologize. I just might buy him ice cream though. He’s the one person who crashed our date that I’m actually happy to see. I missed the kid.”

Ricky turned around.

“Hyungnim, did you say…ice cream?”

“You little date crasher.” ______ giggled.

“Come on now.” Yoseob begged. “His friends left him and I was taking you home anyway, since we have to work early in the morning.”

______ sighed.

“After the last person we ran into…I could use ice cream.”

“So it’s settled…ice cream for all of us. My treat.” Yoseob said walking into an ice cream parlor a few doors away from where they were standing.

Ricky looked at ______.

“Noona…?”

“Yes, I know…you love Yang Yoseob.” She teased.

“Nope, I was going to say NOONA loves Hyungnim.” He grinned. “That is why, I sooooooooooooooo need to watch you practice.”

______ smiled.

“Is it THAT shocking that I’m singing? Even Jaehyo freaked out in disbelief.”

“Um…DUH! Jaehyo Hyung and I have known you the longest. If even WE didn’t expect it, that’s saying something!” he said unable to get rid of the smile. “I’m just happy.”

“I can tell.” She nodded. “Calm down, try breathing….”

Ricky shook his head.

“ANIYO! I meant I’m happy for Noona. There was no possible way that you would sing after Umma and Appa passed away, but now you’re singing like you never stopped. I’m such a proud Dongsaeng right now.”

“I’m glad you’re happy that I’m happy.” She said. “I’m very happy.”

“You better be, Noona! Hyungnim is definitely the guy I would pick out for you. I mean Kikwang Seonsaengnim is awesome but not like Yoseob Hyungnim. Jaehyo Hyung is too, but he’s just too comfortable for you.”

“Arasseo. Arasseo.” She shook her head shoving him in the direction of the ice cream parlor. “I got it, you’re Yang Yoseob’s number one fan. Get in there before I change my mind about letting you have ice cream.”

“YESSUM!” Ricky exclaimed and was, instantly, at Yoseob’s side.

She smiled.

“Aigoo…my boys.”

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________

Yoseob is PISSED at Jieun.

YAY SEOBIE!~