Chapter 18

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

"Are you here for Noona? ______ Noona should be home soon."

'______ Noona? Who is this kid?'

"She should be back any moment now. You could stay if you want to."

"Ne, I'll stay. I need to speak to ______."

Ricky examined him closely.

'Hmm...I wonder if this is the guy that Noona likes? He does kind of resemble Yojinnie Noona. Hmm...I'll introduce myself.' he thought. "Annyeonghaseyo, My name is Ricky!~"

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Yang Yoseob. It's nice to meet you."

"Ah, it is you!!~" Ricky squealed. "Sir Bearington Mc Fluff-!!"

Yoseob gave him a blank look.

That was random and confusing.

"Mwo? What do you mean? Who?"

"Oh, did I say that out loud?! Aigoo! I tend to blurt things and talk a lot. Noona thinks I'm a motormouth."

'What did he mean?' Yoseob thought.

"Changhyun-ah, Where is your scarf and beanie?!" they heard ______'s voice.

They looked to see ______ coming up the path.

"I-It's in my room. It's too HOT!~"

"Go get it. It's going to get colder at night. I don't want you to get sick!"

"Yes Noona!!~" he gladly obeyed. "Oh, and Noona?"

"Hmm?"

"I think this Hyung is looking for you."

______ looked at Yoseob.

'Yoseob-ssi is all sweaty and red-faced. Did he run here? Wow, he was able to get away from that Jieun?!' she thought. "What is it, Yoseob-ssi? What do you want?!"

"To talk."

"Oh, you're allowed to talk now? Aah, every time you said you wanted to talk...we didn't. How about...No?"

Yoseob frowned.

Ricky noticed and stole ______'s house key.

"TALK!"

"Yah, Yoo Changhyun. Give me those keys back!"

"Not until you talk to this Hyung."

_____ narrowed her eyes at Yoseob.

"Yeah...NO THANK YOU!~~" she said in a sweet voice. "Now, Yoo Changhyun, HAND OVER THE KEYS!!"

Ricky shook his head.

"This Hyung wants to talk to you."

"I'd rather not. Fine, if you won't give me the keys...I'm going for a walk! Oh...Annyeong, Jonghyunnie!"

She waved and walked away.

"Annyeonghaseyo, ______ Noona!~ Ummm...Ricky-ya,what's up with Noona?"

"She's angry..."

"Why?"

"Noona like this Hyung. She doesn't want to talk to him so she ran off."

Yoseob sighed.

"Yah, it's too late for you to go off alone! Especially without your house keys!" he screamed after ______. "Ricky, thanks for trying to help."

"Hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"You like Noona too?"

"Too?"

"I mean, as much as she likes you?"

"I don't know how much she likes me."

"A LOT!!!!!" Ricky said.

"Jinjja?!?" Yoseob blushed. "People keep saying that but...I'm not sure."

"I’m sure!! Um...Hyung, Can you go make sure Noona doesn't get hurt?" the younger boy asked. "Take her keys to her too?"

Yoseob nodded and went after ______.

He caught up to her easily.

"Aish...What do you want?" she grumbled.

He decided to use aegyo to win her over.

"Patbingsu!" He said with a grin. "Want some too?"

She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Shireo!"

"Ddukbokki then?!"

"Shireo!!"

"Do you like me?"

"ANDWAE!"

"Wae?"

"You're bugging me."

"I just want you to say that you like me. Can't you do it, just once?"

"Shireo!!!"

Yoseob sighed.

"I didn't know that you did."

"I don't!" she argued.

"Can you look me in the eye and say that you don't like me?"

______ glared at him.

"I don't like you!"

"That's a lie. I don't believe you,"

"Maybe..."

"I know you must be upset with me. I'm sorry for whatever I did to hurt you. I never intended to hurt you. I didn't think it would matter to you. I thought you liked Kikwangie."

"No...I like him."

"Oh..." Yoseob frowned.

"He's a nice guy. He's fun, handsome, and kind."

"Mhm..."

"What did you want to talk about?" she asked softly.

"Can we have dinner?" he asked.

"Have dinner with him!~~" a voice said.

"Yah, Byunghun-ah, aren't you supposed to be with Changhyunnie and Jonghyunnie?"

"Ne, Noona, but I was waiting for CAP Hyung."

"So you were eavesdropping? Yah, don't forget, I used to babysit you. I know all of your weaknesses boy!"

"I have no weaknesses! Why are you avoiding this Hyung, he seems sincere."

"You nosy little...YAH! Where do you did out these things."

L Joe grinned.

"Ricky, of course!"

"Aish...Changhyun, that twerp. He promised to keep a secret."

"Annyeonghaseyo!!~~" L Joe shouted and ran off.

"You're popular with guys, hmm?"

"Why are you acting so jealous?" she asked.

Yoseob sighed and frowned.

"Yes...a little bit." he said shyly. "I tried to tell you, at Junyungie's party."

"You tried to tell me...what?"

"T-That I...I li-like you. I like you, a lot." he told her. "I made a mistake when I asked her to be my date. She pulled me away before I could tell you. It was bad enough that my words got stuck, in my throat, whenever I tried to say it.  As if I wasn’t shy enough. I just hope that you still like me too."

'He does seem sincere.' she thought. 'Yoseob-ssi isn't a cruel person. I shouldn't hold a grudge because I was jealous of him and Lee Jieun.'

A boy came out of the store and bumped into her.

"Oh, Mian-...Ah, Noona!~"

"Minsoo-ya, Byunghun ditched you."

"I figured so." he sighed. "The leader's demands are never obeyed. Oh! Yah, Noona, is this the guy that you like?"

Yoseob and ______ blushed.

"I'm going to tell you the same thing that I said to Byunghun. I used to babysit you, I know your weaknesses!" she warned. "Aish someone has a big mouth. He's dead when I get home."

"I'll take that as a YES!" he teased before walking off.

"Aigoo!~~~~" she teased.

'So...she DOES like me?!?!?! ASSA!!!~~' Yoseob thought.

He couldn't prevent a smile from spreading across his face.

"Why are you so smiley?" she asked.

"I'm ALWAYS smiley!~"

Hearing that, made her smile too.

"Weirdo." she giggled.

"Yah, you're not mad anymore?!?! YAY!!~"

"Quit being cute!" she scolded.

His smile grew.

"So...?"

"Okay, we'll have dinner." she gave in,

"MANSE!!!!!!!~" he shouted, throwing his fist into the air.

"Excited much?"

"Mhm, very much so!~ I'm really happy. Shall we?"

He held out his arm to her.

She smiled and wrapped her hands around his bicep.

'DAMN!! His arms are muscle-y. You'd never think so from that baby face of his.' she thought. 'Mind out of the gutter, ______!'

"So that boy..." Yoseob started to speak.

"Ah...you mean Changhyun?"

"Mwo? He said his name was Ricky. I'm so lost."

He scratched his head in confusion.

"Ne, that's his nickname for when he's out with friends. Everyone, but me, calls him that." she giggled.

"Oh..."

"He's very special to me. Someone I would sacrifice my life to protect."

Yoseob just nodded.

"I'm jealous..." he admitted.

"Wae?" she asked. "Why would you be jealous?"

"You seem really close. You must've known each other for a long time."

"Sixteen years?"

"SIXTEEN YEARS? I thought you were a few months younger than me."

"Yeah, I am. I've known Changhyunnie since...before he was born. I was five years old when I found out I was going to be a Noona."

"Ah!! So he's your BIOLOGICAL dongsaeng?"

"Ne." she giggled. "What did you think he was? Yah, did you think that I'm a pedo-Noona?!"

Yoseob turned red from embarrassment.

"Ani!!~~" he lied. "Well...I thought that there was something...different. You two are, definitely, closer than my Noona and I."

"I practically raised him." ______ said. "Our parents died when he was in Kindergarten."

Yoseob's eyes widened.

"MWOYA?! I'm sorry. You don't need to talk about it."

"No, I'm fine now. You really want to hear my story?"

He nodded.

"I want to get to know you. I want to know...everything. Well...everything that you want to tell me."

______ smiled.

"I was eleven and Changhyun was 6. It happened really fast. One moment I was in the car with my parents, on our way to pick him up from school. The next thing I know...I'm waking up in a hospital bed, being told that they were gone forever."

Yoseob listened closely.

"You were in the car when it happened?! Were you badly hurt?"

"No, I just had some cuts, bruises, broken arm and a few ribs. But...I was so mad at first because they left me alone. That's how I felt anyway. I wallowed in self-pity for...about 5 minutes."

"What made you change your mood?"

 

-------Flashback-------------

 

______ woke up in the hospital bed.

"What happened? Where am I?"

The doctor came over to her bedside.

"This is a hospital."

"Hospital?" she echoed. "Why am I here?"

"You and your parents were in a car accident."

"MWOYA? Are they okay?"

"I am very sorry, my dear, but they didn't make it."

Her eyes blurred with tears.

"That's a lie!"

"I'm sorry."

"Tell me that you're lying!!!!" she screamed, trying to get out of bed. "Which room are they in? I want to see them!!"

"I'm afraid that isn't possible, Agassi."

She shook her head frantically.

"They wouldn't leave me!! They wouldn't!!! Take me to them."

"Stay in bed, you're hurt."

She refused to listen to them.

"It's not true! They're here!"

The doctor sighed.

"Sweetie..."

She started to sob and cry loudly.

"UMMA!!!!~~ APPA!!!~~~ HELP ME!! UMMA! APPA!!! Why aren't you here?! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!~"

"Shhh...it'll be alright."

______ shook her head.

"No, it won't!! They abandoned me!!!" she cried out.

"Poor child." the nurse whispered.

The nurse made sure to converse quietly, they didn’t want to upset her more.

______ suddenly had a realization.

She wiped her tears.

"Where's Changhyun?!?!"

"Who is Changhyun?" the nurse asked.

"My little brother!! Where is he?!?! Is he hurt too? Is he okay?"

"There were only three people in the car. There was no fourth person."

______ breathed a sigh of relief.

"He's still at school then? Did no one pick him up?"

"I think CPS went to retrieve him." the doctor told her.

"CPS?! You mean...CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES?!?!" she panicked. "ANDWAE!!! They'll split us up!"

An agent walked in with Little Ricky.

"N-Noona?!" he stuttered. "Why are broke-ed?!~"

He climbed onto her bed with her.

"I'm okay, Changhyunnie."

"Noona, does your oo hurt?" he frowned.

"Just a little bit." she told him. "Changhyunnie?"

"Ne, Noona?"

"What did those people tell you?" she asked, moving a strand of hair out of his face.

"Just that Umma and Appa are in Heaven now. I thought Noona did too! Don't go to Heaven Noona!~ Don't ever leave me alone!~"

______ smiled and kissed the top of his head.

"Noona is not going anywhere! I promise! It’s just the two of us, from now on.”

 

---------End of Flashback------------

 

Yoseob felt a tug at his heart.

"Wow, it's been 10 years?"

"Mhm!"

"At least you got to stay together."

"Whenever someone tried to split us up...we'd hold on even tighter."

"I like that." Yoseob chuckled. "It must have been hard for an eleven year old girl to raise her little brother."

"Yeah, it was complicated at times, but we're family so we have to stick together, right?"

"Mhm...there are times when I want to strangle Yojin, but she's my family...so I hold back the urge." he joked.

______ looked at him and laughed.

She playfully smacked his arm.

"Be nice to her!" she scolded. "How are you with your Noona?"

"Me? I'm the perfect, little, Angel!~ Look at this face!~" he said using his aegyo.

"Ah...you're so full of it." she laughed.

Yoseob made a halo, above his head, with his hands. She slapped his hands away and made his hands into horns instead.

"Yah."

"That's more like it."

"Hmm...Well...There was a time, when I was young, that I felt jealous of my Noona."

"Wae?"

"I thought our parents loved her more than me!~"

"Aigoo!~~" she laughed.

"Well, there was this one time that I was mad at Haeyeon Noona. We fought and I was angry so I filled her shoes with sand, then ran to our parents to tell them that she had skipped school to go play at the beach."

______'s jaw dropped.

"YOU were an EVIL child!~"

"I was a cute child, don't get it confused."

He took a sip of his drink.

"Mhm~ I bet you used that cuteness to get out of trouble! Your aegyo to look innocent?"

"Bingo."

"Do me a favor and DON'T teach my brother that? He already uses aegyo too much."

Yoseob grinned and shrugged his shoulders.

"I can teach him a lot."

"Oh gosh! Please don't..." she begged.

"But WAE?~~"

"I don't need two crazy, aegyo freaks."

"Yah, I'm not going anywhere. I guess, that means, you'll just have to endure it."

They continued talking for the longest time, before they left the Ddukbokki restaurant.

"Ahh...it's colder now." he said handing her his jacket.

"Andwae, aren't you cold too?"

Yoseob just smiled.

"I was layering. I have another jacket underneath. I'll be okay."

She pecked his cheek.

He was being so thoughtful that she couldn't resist.

"W-W-..."

"Oops! I think I broke you again, Oppa."

"N-No, I j-just don't want to get jumped by your fan boys."

She gave him a weird look.

"I have fan boys? I may be a model but I'm not a famous, international, super model or something. I’m a fashion model. Yoseob-ssi, I’m just me."

"That doesn't mean you won't have fans that'll try to hurt me." he pointed out.

She smiled.

"All over a ppo ppo on the cheek? Aish! Just imagine if it was a real kiss."

When he did, his cheeks turned red.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________

YAY!!!! FINALLY, right? XD