Chapter 16

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

______ was getting ready for a party.

Ricky just sat on her bed, observing.

"When are the guys coming?" she asked, taking a break from her mascara.

"In like..." he laid on her bed, stretching to get closer to the clock. "Like 45 minutes?"

"Will you be good, by yourself?"

She reached over to flatten a random hair that was sticking up on his head.

"Of course! Aigoo! Noona, you always think I'll cause trouble. I'm a good boy! You need to go out and have some fun. You work too much!~ I'd tell you to date, party, and sleep."

"YAH!"

"I don't mean THAT kind of sleep!!!" he shouted defensively. "I'm the baby! You don't need a baby!!! Yah, Noona, who are you going to the party with, anyway?!"

As if on cue, the doorbell rang.

"Can you get that?"

Ricky gave her a 'DUH' look.

"Of course I'm going to get that!" he said. "I'm nosy! I want to know who your date is! Is it that Yoseob Hyung?"

______'s eyes widened.

"YAH! How did you know about him?!?! No, it's not him! He's going with someone else."

Ricky rushed to act innocent.

"No...WHAT?! What do you mean?! Know about who?! Psh! I know not what you speaketh! Aish, insane Noona! I guess it the other guy you like...hmm IM GOING TO FIND OUT WHO HE IS!"

"Yah, who told you?!?!"

"Who? What? When? Yaaah...Noona you're going crazy. I know it must be guy number two. I have to get the door before he starts to hate you! Do you want him to hate you? He might leave?! Do you want that?!"

He ran out the door to check on her date.

______ shook her head.

"YAH! Lay off the sugar!! Who told him? I know I didn’t...so-...AISH! Yojinnie...of course it was."

Ricky ran down the stair and tripped over the carpet before opening the door.

Kikwang looked in.

"Ow..."

He looked down to see where the groan came from.

"Ricky-ya? What are you doing down there?"

"Seonsaengnim?"

Ricky stood up and dusted himself off.

"Is your Noona ready?"

His jaw dropped.

'Wait...is he the other guy that Noona likes?!? Noona liked Kikwang Seonsaengnim?!?! Well...she did flirt with him in my class.'

"Are you okay?" Kikwang asked.

Ricky pointed to the stairs.

"Um...Noona is coming." he said.

"Just like mini Yoseobie, I swear..."

Ricky heard the name.

'Yoseob? That's the other other guy! That's right!!! They were together the other night!!'

"Arasseo."

Kikwang flashed an eye smile

He saw ______ come down the stairs and nearly choked on air.

"I heard a crash!" she said. "Some little punk tried to run from me and face planted?!"

"The carpet tripped me."

"Umma and Appa tripped you."

"Nuh uh! I had to let Kikwang Seonsaengnim in! If not, he'd leave. I want you out of the house!"

"Why? What are you planning?"

"I'm raiding my stash of candy and ice cream."

"I love you..." she said kissing his forehead. "Don't break the house. You probably cracked the floor."

"Kikwang Seonsaengnim was waiting. Seonsaengnim, would you have waited at the door if I didn't answer."

"Most likely."

"Hmm...Yah, whose going to be at the party tonight?"

"Little big brother." Kikwang chuckled. "I wish my Dongsaeng was as cute! He seems to prefer Yoseob over me."

______ frowned a bit.

'There’s the name again! They ARE friends!!! Noona liked two friends?!?! Aigoo! Bad Noona! BAD!!! NAPPEUN!!!'

"Ricky-ya, are you going with your friends tonight?"

Ricky shook his head.

"Aniyo, they're coming over."

"They'll behave."

"Geurae. Have fun but not too much."

"Same goes for you." Ricky smirked. "Take care of my Noona tonight."

“Will do.” Kikwang said.


______ gave Ricky a big hug and kissed his forehead.

“Lock the doors when I leave, arasseo?” she said.

“Ne!~” he waved goodbye.

“You might want to wipe that lipstick off of your forehead, too.” ______ teased.

Ricky frantically rubbed his forehead.

“YAH!~ NOONA!~”

______ went to the party with Kikwang.

 "______-ah!~" Gayoon shouted, calling her over.

______ smiled.

She was happy to see them there.

"Girls!~~" she squealed.

"Unnie, you came!!" Hyuna squeaked happily.

"Who is your date?"

"That'd be me." Kikwang said walking up next to her.

"Aaah, Kikwangie Oppa! You stole our Unnie! She was supposed to be MY date!" Hyuna said.

"What do you mean? She asked me. It was her choice. Mehrong!~” he taunted her.

"Aah, Unnie was running out of time. If not, she'd bring me." Hyuna stated confidently.

______ smiled.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Yoseob arrive with Yojin and Jieun.

"He's been with Jieun a lot."

"Yeah, he's her fan boy." Kikwang chuckled. "He always has been."

"Fan boy?" ______ repeated softly.

"Mhm...He has had a crush on her since middle school."

"I've heard that." ______ said softly. She tried we beat to put on a smile.

Kikwang flashed one of his best eye-smiles.

"Kaja!~"

Seeing him smile made her smile too.

"Let's go." she giggled.

She looked over at Yoseob.

Jieun was trying so hard to get close to Yojin.

"Yojin Unnie, want to hang out with me?" Jieun asked.

"Uh...hold on." Yojin said. “Why don’t you go get something to drink?”

“Aah, I am thirsty!” Jieun said, going off to the bar for a soda.

Yojin’s eyes met with ______'s.

Yoseob followed her gaze.

As soon as his eyes landed on her, his pulse quickened.

He could hear the pounding in his ear.

"Yah, are the horses racing tonight?" Yojin whispered.

He put a hand over his heart.

"Shut up! I can't control my heart. It does what it wants to. She’s really here with Kikwangie….” He grumbled.

"She's here with Kikwang?"

Yojin shrugged.

"You're here with Lee Jieun?" she imitated his tone.

"People are saying that she is too pretty for me."

"Who is that?! Yourself?! Wow, your confidence is at an all time low around Unnie. First, you can speak and now, you don't think you can win against Kikwang Oppa?"

Yoseob looked down and twiddled his thumbs.

"She's sort of amazing. It's really intimidating. Maybe, we're better off as friends."

'Aish, these two are so oblivious. These are two people that I love the most in the world.'

"Why are you looking at me, like that?"

"Like what?" she pushed. "Like you're a Babo? it up! Be a man!! Aigoo...I can't believe you'd come with HER. You should've invited ______ Unnie, instead. All I hear, is you repeating the same things...over and over again. "

"What?"

"Oppa, if you keep doing this..."

"Doing what?!" he cut her off.

"You keep putting yourself down! You keep saying that Unnie is 'intimidating' and you're 'not good enough'. Sure, if you keep doing this...you WILL lose. I can guarantee that. If Kikwangie Oppa has more confidence, he could take her instead."

"What do you expect me to do?!"

"Something! You've been doing NOTHING. Since Unnie is here, I'm going to say ‘hi’. UNNIE!!!~~~~~~"

Yojin ran over to hug ______, leaving Yoseob alone with his thoughts.

"Yojinnie!" ______ squealed, hugging her tight.

"Unnie, where is Ricky?"

"Getting attacked by carpets." Kikwang said.

______ giggled and playfully smacked his arm.

"Did you teach him that dance move in class?"

Yoseob saw it and clenched his fists.

'I hate that Lee Kikwang!! HATE!! HATE!! HATE!!!!!!! HATE TIMES INFINITY!!!!!!!!'

"Didn't you teach him to open doors properly?"

"Apparently not."

As the party went on, Yoseob was dying watching Kikwang with ______.

"I wish it was Me." he whispered. "When she smiles at him...I die a little more."

"Awww...poetry!~" Yojin squealed.

That earned her a death glare.

"YAH! My pain amuses you?!"

"When it's YOUR FAULT?  YES!"

"She's giving me the cold shoulder! When she comes near me, I try to say something."

"Why don't you? Just say something to her!”

"My tongue tied and the words can't find their way out!” he sighed and rubbed his temples. “I might die tonight."

"This is why Yoseobie helps me with my lyrics. He has so many emotions." Junhyung chimed in.

He massaged Yoseob’s shoulders and patted his back.

"It's not that easy." Yoseob mumbled.

"Is too."

The younger boy, narrowed his eyes at him.

"Yeah, maybe for YOU! Out of the six of us guys, you have the most experience with girls! Even Dongwoonie has more experience with girls than I do."

"You have NO experience."

"DUH! I know that. Aish! I want to be alone!"

He walked outside to get some fresh air.

Suddenly, someone crashed into him.

"Oh mianhaeyo." she said.

He looked at her.

"______?!"

"Yoseob-ssi..." she said emotionlessly.

'Yang Yoseob, be a man. Just do it.' he shouted at himself. "Um...______-ssi? C-C-C-Can I talk to you?"

"Go ahead."

"Uh...Um...."

He froze up and the words got all jumbled up in his head.

______ stood there, waiting.

She was interested in what he had to say.

The words were still fighting to get out, but a barrier kept them in.

He sighed.

‘AISH! Just get it over with!’ he swallowed hard and opened his mouth to confess.“______-ssi, I li-li….”

"There you are!!~~" a female voice said cutting him off.

 

 

__________________________________________________

Aish...some people have the WORST timing, don't they?

D: