Chapter 38

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

 

Yoseob went to do his thing while ______ did hers.

He needed to speak to the director.

"Yoseob-ssi, how are you doing today?"

"Better than yesterday."

"I agree with you. Yesterday was stressful.  I've been thinking about who to offer the spot to. You and Lee Jieun knew each other and have sung together before, so it was more comfortable. I don't want to put you with someone who's voice doesn't match well with yours."

"We'd clash."

"I had an idea about asking ______ but she's already busy with her own section and...I didn't want to bother her. She's still not too keen on jumping back into singing."

"Well, I guess we're on the same page because I had the same thought."

"You thought she'd be good for the part?"

"Of course."

"If we could get her to do it...."

"She'll do it."

"What?"

"I asked her and she said she would do it, as long as you are okay with it."

The director smiled and shook his hand.

“Nicely done. I’ve been trying to convince that girl to showcase her voice since she was young. She always refused until now. Kudos, to you, for convincing her. Many have tried, and failed.”

Yoseob smiled back.

“Hold on…..Was she your first choice?”

“She always is.” The director nodded. “Listen, I know that the two of you are dating, but let’s keep the PDA to a minimum.”

The young man’s face turned red.

‘PDA?’ he thought. “Uh…I-I wasn’t…We don’t…” he stammered nervously.

Director chuckled at his reaction.

“Alright, just making sure you know.”

“Daepyonim, we will be professionals when we’re working.” Yoseob vowed.

“We wouldn’t want a repeat of yesterday, would we?”

“Of course not!”

“Good. From the first time I heard you and ______ie singing together, I noticed the chemistry. The two of you have a lot of it. Your voices mesh well. As soon as I heard you, I knew that’s what I needed for this project.”

“We won’t let you down, Sir.”

“I trust you. Sit down and make yourself comfortable before we resume.”

When the Director walked out, Yoseob took a deep breath and released it.

“That was stressful.” He muttered.

He pulled out his phone to keep busy for the time being.

“What the heck?”

 

Kim Yojin married Yoo ______.

 

Yang Yoseob: NO! You’re actually not.

Kim Yojin: I am though Yang Yoseob Oppa

Yang Yoseob: No. Kim Yojin NO!

Kim Yojin: Yep…

Yang Yoseob: Not even a little bit

Kim Yojin: Yes…a lot.

Yoo ______: Well, Mianhae, I’m having an affair. XD

Yang Yoseob: YAH! Yoo ______, who was that comment directed at?!?!

 

 

______ looked up from her phone and shook her head.

She put her phone away and went back to work.

“So…” Jaehyo stared at her.

_______ made a face at him and pushed his head away.

“I love you, but you’re in my personal space…Boy.” She whined. “What do you mean ‘So’?”

“Why are you smiling so much? Did you tell your boyfriend that you L-…..”

She slapped her hand over his mouth.

“SHHHHHH!!!”

“I’ll take that as a no….”

______ sighed.

“You know how I’m supposed to be filling in for Lee Jieun-ssi?”

“Ne, waeyo?”

“It looks like I might take over her part for the remainder of the project.”

Jaehyo’s jaw suddenly dropped.

“What the...?! How did they manage to convince you to agree to that?!?! It takes a miracle to convince you to go to a noraebang. Who could possibly convince YOU to sing, and do it where others will hear.”

“Yoseobie needed a partner. He’s worked so hard.”

“WOW!!!~~~~” he exclaimed dramatically. “He even got you to sing again?!?! The only time you ever sang was when you sang Ricky to sleep, when we were younger.”

“I never even sang to you.”

“I KNOW!~~~” he whined. “What is that?!”

______ giggled.

“That’s life.”

“Aah, I guess you’re just more in love with him than you were with me.” He sighed dramatically. “It’s okay, I understand. I get it.”

______ looked at him and glared.

“YAH! Keep your mouth closed.”

“Why so defensive? You get defensive whenever I mention that you’re in-…”

“Ahn Jaehyo…I’m NOT!”

“You sure?”

“……”

Jaehyo took her silence as a reply.

He just smirked and continued to get ready.

The director walked over.

“______-ah! I heard the good news. I’m definitely on board with this idea.”

“Cheongmal?” ______ replied. “You heard? Yoseob told you?”

“He did.” He nodded. “Yah, I’ve been trying to get you to do this for years! Why only now?”

“Why why? Why why? Because I listen to my heartbeat, one by one!” Jaehyo said. “Why? Why?~”

______ narrowed her eyes at him.

“I caught that. Your puns are obvious.” She told him.

“I know it was obvious. That’s why I said it. I lack subtlety.”

“…I’m going to get wrinkles because of you.”

She made a face at him.

On her ‘break’ she went to meet with Yoseob.

She was all done up because she didn’t have time to take off her makeup and outfit.

Yoseob turned to look at her.

“Ooh…”

______ blushed.

“Waeyo?” she replied shyly.

“Neomu yeppeuda! The outfit is so…”

“Girly?”

“Yeah, and elegant. It’s classy.”

“Meanwhile, someone’s got swag from head to toe.” She teased eyeing her boyfriend.

Her cute boyfriend pouted at her.

“Don’t hate. Music brings out the swag in me.”

______ stifled a laugh.

“Oh…okay.” She nodded. “Arasseo.”

The director came in.

“Oh ______ie, you’re done with your filming for the day?”

“Uh…pretty much.” She nodded.

“She just likes the dress, it makes her feel like a Princess.” Yoseob chuckled.

“It really does.” She agreed playing with her flowy dress. “This is why I love modeling, I get to dress up. I get to feel pretty.”

“You don’t feel pretty other times?” Yoseob questioned. “That’s strange.”

“Do you?”

“No, because…I’m not.”

“I beg to differ.”

“Ahn Jaehyo is pretty.” Yoseob told her.

“Pfft…hahaha you didn’t see him. If you keep insisting that I’m THAT pretty, would I date someone ugly?”

“No..”

“Exactly, you’re prettiest. That’s where Yojinnie gets it from.”

“I’ll accept it.” Yoseob said patting the seat next to him.

She smiled and sat down by his side.

The director handed her the song lyrics.

“Are these new lyrics?”

He nodded.

“Yoseob and I went over everything and did some editing. Is it alright? Will the key be suitable for you?”

She smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, it’s perfect.”

She was more excited to sing with Yoseob, than anything.

That was the real reason she hadn’t changed out of the dress.

“You seem excited.” The director chuckled at her.

“Ne!” she said cheerfully. “I haven’t been this excited to sing in the longest time.”

“Wow, having Yoseob as your partner must be exciting for you.”

“Um…well…” she smiled.

Yoseob blushed.

“Aah, Jinjja?”

“What girl wouldn’t be overjoyed to sing a duet with her boyfriend? I already filmed with my best friend and now I’m singing with my boyfriend. Best job ever!”

“I’ll leave you two to warm up and practice for a bit. I’ll come back to start in about 15.”

When the Director left, Yoseob smirked a bit.

“I’m going to tell Yojinnie that you said that. You’d rather work with me than with her.”

“I already told her that I’m not married to her!”

“Aah, it was her that the comment was directed at?”

“Duh!” she teased leaning in to kiss his cheek.

“Yah, I promised the Director that we wouldn’t get all mushy at work.” He whined.

“Mwo? You did?” she blinked at him.

He frowned and nodded.

“I gave him my word that we wouldn’t get distracted because we’re dating. Can you hold that until after we’re done here?”

______ smiled and shrugged.

“I guess so. Yah, that doesn’t meant that you can do cute things and have the kisses accumulate through the day so you can cash in for a bigger kiss.”

“MWOYA?! I can’t?” he whined. “Why did I make that promise then?”

______ playfully smacked her boyfriend and laughed.

“Babo-ya!”

“Wae? Wae?! WAE?!?~~~” he chuckled. “Geurae, how about we have a little date after we’re done here? We haven’t had one in a while.”

______ smiled and nodded.

After work finished, for the day, they went to a mall.

Yoseob looked at stores.

“Hmm, you know something?”

“What?”

“Not having a girlfriend . Right now, I’m walking passed all of these stores and I want to buy you all the cute things.”

“….”

“I know you wouldn’t let me, BUT I’m still tempted. To compromise, can I just pick out ONE thing?” he begged cutely.

 ______ held up her left hand, pointing to the ring.

“This is something, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, but that’s a couple ring. It’s a symbol of us being together. Hmm…shoes? Purse?”

“Don’t buy shoes for a girl.” She said shaking her head. “Didn’t you know that if you buy shoes for a girl, she’ll run away from you?”

“Geurae…shoes are out.” He said without hesitating. “Hmm what else?”

Giggling, she stepped closer and wrapped her arms around his torso.

“Aigoo, geumanhae. Just don’t kill me with adorable cheesiness and we’re good.”

“Cheesy?! I’m not chee-…”

She cut him off with a passionate kiss.

"Ugh...get a room."

They heard the familiar voice and broke off the kiss.

“Lee Jieun?” he questioned turning around.

Yep……..

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

Way to ruin the moment ,Lee Jieun, You poohead. XD

 

 

AN: I FINALLY GOT A CHANCE TO UPDATE!!~ ♥♥♥♥ I'm sooooo happy.