Chapter 30

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

"______-ah!!!!!!!!!!" A scream came from the other end of the phone call.

______ whined.

"You're loud! Yah, Ahn Jaehyo, what do you want?"

"Come to an audition with me!"

"Audition for what?"

"It's a commercial. They're looking for models. I already passed the audition and they are looking for a girl. I recommended you. Want to try out?"

"Arasseo!~ I have nothing better to do with my life."

"I figured as much..."

"YAH!!!"

They ended up going and passing the auditions.

"Waaaaaa!~ Jaehyo-ya, KAMSA!!!" She squealed. "I'm so glad you convinced me to do this!"

"Hmm...it gets boring doing the same photo shoots day after day, doesn't it?"

"Mhm..."

"It's time for some excitement! You can do something different."

"You're always the person who pushed me to do different things. This is going to be fun!"

"I'm always fun! I bring joy to everyone!~"

"Is it because they're laughing AT you or WITH you?"

"Usually AT....." He pouted.

"That's because you're so nice and easy to mess with."

"Pyo Jihoonie thinks I'm his Appa. He calls me to find out the prescription power of his contact lenses."

"Do you give it to him?"

"Without hesitating."

"Awwww.....this is why you're my best friend."

Jaehyo made a face.

"So, why am I working to cheer you up? You're acting like nothing is wrong, but aside from Yoo Changhyun, I think I know you the best. I know if something is bothering you."

"It's just...personal things. Nothing too big. It's just something between two friends that I'm worried about."

"Aigoo, you're always worrying about others. Hopefully this will take your mind off of things."

A few days later they went in to start working on things for the commercial.

"So there is going to be music to go along with the feel of the commercial." The producer said. "The auditions for that, are going on now."

"You should've auditioned for that too!" Jaehyo whispered nudging her with his elbow.

______ scowled.

"I can't sing."

"Saying you can't sing is like saying I can't  turn off your wifi if you piss me off."

"______-ie!" The writer of the commercial exclaimed when he saw her across the room.

"Oh....Ahjussi. Annyeonghaseyo!~” she bowed respectfully.

"I saw your name and didn’t know if it was you! My little ______ is all grown up! You remember me, don't you?"

"Ne." She nodded. "I remember you from when I was little. Uri Umma and Appa used to bring me and my Dongsaeng to work with them."

“Mhm. I hear he’s following in your Father’s footsteps. He wants to be a dancer?”

“He does.” She giggled.

After some catching up, she and Jaehyo got a tour of the place.

They took a few practice shots.

______ was sitting there looking at the pictures.

“Aish, my phone hasn’t ringed all day.” She whined. “I think it’s broken.”

“______ie, just accept it, you’re not as popular as you THINK that you are. Mine has gone off a few times.”

______ made a face at him.

“Jae, the game notifications don’t count as friends if you’re playing against the computer.” She shot back.

“Ouch…” Jaehyo frowned. “Let me see that phone. You probably killed it. Your phone never gets a break. I swear.”

He took the phone from her and looked at it while she wandered off.

Suddenly _____ heard singing coming from somewhere in that hallway.

She had never heard such an amazingly strong and angelic voice from a man before.

'Nugu?' she thought, getting closer to the door. ‘It’s so soothing and beautiful. Touching. I’ve never been touched like this, except when my Umma sang to me.’

The song came to an end and the place got silent.

The door opened.

Guess who she saw exit the door.

“Yoseobie?”

Yoseob walked out, humming a tune.

"Yoseob?"

"Eep!" he squeaked in surprise.

"Was that you?"

"Um...? Was what...huh?" he said trying to throw her off.

"It was you, singing. Wasnt it?" she whispered. ‘My heart is fluttering even more than it did before.’

"Y-Y-You heard?"

"Ne..." she nodded. “I heard.”

"Um...that was...uh..." Yoseob stammered. He nervously scratched the back of his head.

"You're so amazing!!" she squealed

"Yoo ______, you’re totally fan girling right now, aren’t you?" he replied with a smirk.

______ sighed.

 She really missed him.

It had only been a few days, but still…

“I am. I’m speechless. We’ve been dating and didn’t even know THAT was in you.”

"Where did you even come from?" Yoseob asked looking around.

______ pointed down the hall.

"I had a photo shoot. It’s nothing new for me. What about you?”

“Vocal audition. D-Did you finish your shoot?”

“Mhm. I’m done for the day.”

“Did you want to go-…”

"I WANT NOBODY, NOBODY BUT YOU!~” a random voice sang. He clapped loudly and continued to sing. The two turned in the direction of the singing babo.

______ rolled her eyes.

“Aish…” she mumbled. ‘He just ruined the moment with his derpy fanboy-ing. GET LOST! GET LOST! GEEEEEETTTT LOOOOOOOOSSSSTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!’

“I WANT NOBODY, NOBODY BUT YOU!!!~"

“Seriously….”

Jaehyo took the earphones off and bowed.

“Oh, mianhae, I was just really enjoying the song.”

“Do you know him?” Yoseob asked.

“Um…can I lie?” she begged. She looked at Jaehyo. “I really have no problems PAYING someone to fix my phone, you know that right?”

“Aish, I was looking for you! You just ran off! I finished fixing your phone in no time FLAT! You try finding someone who can do it that fast while doing a quality job!”

“You really are my nerd.” She laughed. “Kamsahamnida!”

“You should’ve asked me for a recommendation! I’m an electronic expert. My phones aren’t glitch like yours.”

______ made a face and muttered.

“Psh…you have FOUR phones. All of them are touch screen. ALL OF THEM CRACKED!”

Jaehyo shrugged it off.

“Well, I’m not a glass expert.”

“You’re not a brainiac either.” She laughed.

“I beg to differ.”

“Heh, you go ahead and do that all you want.”

Jaehyo handed his phone back to her.

“By the way, Changhyunnie called. I talked to him for a bit.”

‘Don’t you Derpify my Baby!”

“Instead of being mean, to the best friend EVER…how about a thank you? I found you, yet another job. It looks like you should be fine. I need to go. Aion and Star craft are calling to me. I need to find a FREE wi-fi zone." he announced. "Call me, if you need anything, Arasseo?"

She just nodded and stuck out her tongue at him.

“Ne, Kamsahamnida, JaePoop!~”

‘I think I’ve seen her with him before.’

"Psh...No. You're useless."

"Yah, I'm only accepting it...because...I know you. We dated, remember."

 "No…I don’t remember.” 

Yoseob was stuck on those two words.

We dated.

'Wait...she dated him?!?!' he thought. 'I thought Ricky said...'

When Jaehyo had left, she turned to Yoseob.

"Aish...I truly do have weird friends..."

Yoseob scoffed.

"Or ex-boyfriends..." he muttered.

"Mwo?..."

"Nothing...never mind."

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude. I was trying to get rid of him.” she frowned. “He talks more than anyone else that I know. You were asking something?”

“I was going to ask you if you wanted to do something, but Ricky is probably waiting for you.”

“Aniyo, he’s going to be with his friends tonight.”

“I haven’t spoken to Lee Kikwang.” He told her.

“I still would like to be near you.”

"Yoseob-ssi, we need you again." a man said, poking his head out the door.

"I'm coming."

"Oh...______-ssi, you're finished with your shoot?"

"Ne, Director-nim, I'm done for the day."

"Is Jaehyo-ssi gone?"

"Did you want me to call him to come back?" she asked pointing to her phone.

"Aniya, its fine. I was wondering if you'd sit in and listen to the songs."

"Yoseobie, would you mind?" ______ asked. "I know how shy you can be."

"I don't know...."

"We were hoping that you could practice the song with him. The other girl hasn't shown up yet. Stand in until she arrives?"

______ hesitated for a moment.

"Um...I don't..."

"If you’re up for it, that is. if not you don’t need to. I know that singing is an emotional thing for you."

"Sure, I'll try....What is this for?" she asked.

"The commercial that you're working on with Ahn Jaehyo."

"Aah..."

Yoseob looked at her.

"Commercial? You're doing a commercial? This is for your commercial?"

"I guess so."

The man handed ______ the lyrics for the song.

He turned and whispered to Yoseob.

"______ has a gorgeous voice. I have a feeling that you two, could work out perfectly."

Yoseob blinked.

"You sing?"

"Uh...I...I used to. I don't sing anymore."

"You never told me that...." He frowned. 'Why didn't she ever tell me about that?'

______ ignored it and started to warm up her voice.

"Sorry, Director-nim, I might be a bit rusty."

"I doubt that. You're a natural, just like your Umma. Go ahead."

______ nodded and began the song.

Yoseob was surprised.

The Director noticed and leaned over to him.

"Yoo ______'s mother was a singer."

"Jinjja? She never told me..."

"Of course. It's in her blood. Her father was the dancer."

"Ricky..." Yoseob said. "That's why he's so passionate about it."

"Now, for your part." the director said.

Yoseob froze.

'It's a love duet...but...'

His throat got dry.

When she took his hand the lyrics flowed out easily.

They got so into it, and took a step closer to each other.

 …Then, the door opened.

"Sorry, I'm late." a familiar female voice said.

“Jieun-ssi?” ______ gasped, pulling her hand away.

Much to Yoseob’s displeasure.

“Jieun-ah…”

“Oh, Yoseob Oppa!” Jieun said cheerfully. “You’re here too?!?”

“Yeah….”

“______-ssi, it’s been a long time!”

______ just nodded.

“Yeah…”

"Oppa!! I'm singing with you today?"

"I guess so..."

"Annyeonghaseyo." ______ said. "Um...I have to...uh...feed Changhyunnie." she said softly.

‘I thought she said that he’s with his friends?!’ Yoseob thought. 'What the heck?!'

She bowed politely, before walking out the door.

 

 

 

 

______________________________

Aish! Lee Jieun, why did you have to walk in!!!

and Ahn Jaehyo...why do you have to be such a derp? XD