Chapter 19

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

 

Yoseob walked ______ back home, after dinner, to see six boys sitting on the porch.

"What are you doing?" she asked. "Are you having a party or something?

"We were practicing dancing...but now, I'm pooped!" Ricky pouted sprawling himself out across the porch. "I can't even move my limbs."

"It wasn't THAT bad." CAP insisted.

"Coming from the Hyung who exercises all the time and has a body of pure muscle!~" L Joe said.

"Yeah...0% body fat."

CAP just shrugged.

"Yah, Bang Minsoo, go easy on them!" ______ scolded playfully.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hyungnim!!!~~" Ricky squealed, waving both hands.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"Niel, I thought you said you were pooped!" L Joe chuckled.

"I didn't..." Niel said. "It was Ricky."

"That's what I said!!"

"No." All the members shook their heads at him.

"You did NOT!" Ricky whined. "L Joe Hyung did it...AGAIN! How can you NOT remember my name?"

"At least he didn't call you L Joe..." ______ laughed. "Aish, the testosterone is suffocating me."

"What testosterone?" CAP chuckled. "Some of us haven't reached puberty yet."

"This is my life." ______ giggled to Yoseob.

"Lucky you. My family had NO testosterone. I'm stuck with Noona and that one."

"That one?" she giggled. "You call her 'That one'?"

"Yeah."

"Yoseob Hyungnim?" Ricky spoke up.

"Ne?" Yoseob replied.

"You're Noona's boyfriend now, right?!~"

Yoseob shrugged.

His cheeks turned pink.

"I don't know yet."

Ricky leaned closer to whisper in his ear.

"I hope so. I always had to chase away any guy that wanted to date Noona but I like you."

"Ah Jinjja? You like me?" the older boy chuckled.

Ricky nodded.

"The guys that like Noona are...shallow. They look at her like she's a piece of meat...so I decide to recruit my friends in order to make them angry enough to leave."

Yoseob chuckled nervously.

"Well...aren't you an honest one? Am I different from those guys?"

Ricky just nodded.

"You look at her like she's a beautiful treasure that you want to guard and take care of. It's my job, as her Dongsaeng, to filter through all of the dirt."

"I know what you mean, I have an older sister."

“YAY! We have similarities! I think we’ll get along GREAT, Hyungnim!~”

______ came over and sat with them.

"What are you two talking about?"

"Hyungnim and I are getting along well. He's about to tell me about his own Noona."

"He terrorizes that poor Unnie."

"ANIYA!! I do not!" Yoseob shouted defensively. " I just...did it a couple of times. It was a revenge kind of thing."

"Uh…Yoseob Hyungnim?" the Maknae chimed in.

Yoseob turned to look at Changjo.

“Ne?” he replied. “Aah, you look familiar.”

“So do you!” the maknae agreed. “Hyungnim, where have I seen you before?”

“YAH!” Ricky shouted. “What do you mean? Where have you seen Hyungnim before?”

Yoseob racked his brain trying to think of it.

Then, it hit him.

"Oh, Are you one of Lee Kikwang’s students?"

"YES!!"

“That’s probably where I’ve seen you!” Yoseob nodded. He looked at ______. “I went to bug him one day.’

______ just smiled.

"MWOYA?!" Ricky whined. "That's NOT FAIR!! How come you got to meet Hyung before me?!"

"You weren't in class that day. You had the memorial."

"Oh...right. It's still unfair." he pouted.

"Mehrong."

"Just like a Maknae."

"He's the Maknae?! I thought Ricky was the Maknae!" Yoseob shouted.

"Well, I thought YOU were the Maknae." ______ teased.

"Dongwoon just looks like an old futt, that's why."

______ glared at him.

"Don't be mean to him. The one with hidden cuteness is Junhyungie. Which reminds me, Minsoo has hidden-..."

"Don't lie, Noona! Stop making things up!"

Yoseob chuckled.

"Minsoo-ya, you know that you're cute and squishy."

"Squishy?! I have no body fat, how can I be 'squishy' Noona?"

"You just are."

"Yoseob Hyung! Come inside!" Ricky . He grabbed Yoseob’s arm, bringing him in the house. "Noona, don't make him stay outside. It’s getting cold!”

"Geurae." she shook her head at her Dongsaeng. “Aigoo…this kid! Scolding me?! You think you’re such a big man.”

Yoseob smiled and just got dragged along.

Once inside Ricky took it upon himself to introduce EVERYONE.

______ sighed.

Just as she was about to step into the house, her phone rang.

She knew who it was by the ringtone.

"Yojinnie!~" she answered.

"UNNIE!~” Yojin squealed. Her tone got deeper and more irritated. “Did Babo-headed Oppa come to see you?"

"Ne." ______ replied.

"Did he apologize?" she asked through her teeth.

"Mhm…AND I forgave him. I was being ridiculous. He didn't know that I like him. I was just jealous for no reason." ______ said calmly.

"Psh...NO! Unnie, you're allowed to be pissed. I was pissed off at Oppa too. He likes you but he asked her out right in front of you?! Stupid!! I wanted him dead! DEADER THAN DEAD!” Yojin growled.

______ laughed a bit.

Yojin was cute when she got angry.

She was like her Oppa.

"Awww….you’re just like him. Hmph! I like him though. I couldn't help it." The older girl whined. “Aish….”

"Nothing happened when you left with Kikwang Oppa?" Yojin started the interrogation.

______ sighed.

"I like Kikwang-ssi.”

“Unnie!” Yojin gasped. ‘Are we back to THIS again?”

“ANIYA!~ I just mean…I like him, as a friend. He was so sweet and tried to cheer me up. He wanted to get my mind off of things. I couldn't...I couldn't stop thinking about Yoseob-ssi. It made me realize, I like him so much more, than I thought I did.”

“YES!~~~~~~” Yojin cheered happily.

______ giggled.

“Yah, try to contain your excitement.”

“Aah, mianhae, Unnie! You may continue!~”

______ sighed, looking into the house.

“ Then there's Changhyunnie."

"Changhyunnie, Wae?!"

"He's like...joined at the hip with him. It's cute."

"Already?!"

"Should I worry about my Dongsaeng trying to steal my, possible, boyfriend?"

"Haha Ani. Oppa likes kids. I know that they'll get close."

"I see it already. They just met a few hours ago and he's latching onto him."

"That's a GOOD thing, isn't it?" Yojin giggled. "I can picture those two becoming like brothers. Hmm…I should probably let you go. You should be with Oppa, right now.”

They said goodbye and ended the call.

______ walked into the house.

“What are you guys up to?” she asked. “Are you trying to wake the neighbors? Keep the volume DOWN!”

She walked over to lower the volume on the stereo.

“Aww…but Noona!~” Ricky whined. “Noona….it’s the weekend!~”

“So?” she crossed her arms over her chest.

“I don’t have school tomorrow!~”

______ nodded.

“Ara…BUT I have a shoot tomorrow. You need to get sleep for tomorrow. You have a dance thing, don’t you?”

Ricky sighed and pouted.

“Aish…fine!~” he sighed. He was defeated and he knew it.  Suddenly, he turned to Yoseob. “Aah, Hyungnim!~”

“Ne, Kiddo?”  Yoseob replied.

“I have a dance competition tomorrow. Noona can’t come!~” he pouted at ______. “She’s never missed any of my dance things before.”

“You’re the one that wouldn’t allow me to turn down this shoot.” ______ said.

“Ara…” he sighed. “Hyungnim, are you busy tomorrow?”

Yoseob shook his head.

“Nope, I don’t think so.”

“MANSE! So….You’ll come?!”

______rolled her eyes.

“YAH! Yoo Changhyun!” she scolded. “You should ASK first? You just demanded that he come?”

“Oh…mianhaeyo, Hyungnim. Hyungnim, could you come?”

Yoseob blinked.

“Y-You want ME, to come?” he stuttered.

“UH HUH!” Ricky nodded frantically.

Yoseob looked at  ______, who just smiled and shrugged.

“Don’t let him pressure you.”

‘This is ______’s Dongsaeng.’ He thought. ‘It would be nice to get closer to him. He’s a cute kid.’

“Please?!~” Ricky used the aegyo on him.

Yoseob chuckled.

“Aish…usually I’m the one doing the aegyo! No one, besides Yojinnie, has ever done this to me before!~” he groaned. “The kid is good.”

“Uh..YEAH!~” ______ laughed. “It’s up to you.”

Yoseob nodded.

“Hmm…it might be fun. Sure, I’ll go!”

“YES!!!!~” Ricky shouted. He said goodnight and all the boys went up to his room.

Yoseob looked at ______.

“Careful.” She giggled. “He’s always wanted a brother.”

“Likewise.” Yoseob said. “I got stuck with a younger cousin. Can we trade?”

“Call!~” ______ answered without hesitation.

They looked at each other and laughed.

“Hmm…well, I should go.” Yoseob said, checking the time on his watch.

“Geurae.” She replied with a smile.

She took a step closer and wrapped her arms around his torso.

The hug caught him by surprise.

It took a while for him to react, then he hugged her back.

“Uh…kamsahamnida.”

“For what?”

“Giving me a chance.”

______ released him from the embrace.

She made a face.

“Yeah, well…I promised Uri Changhyunnie that he would have a say in who I date.” She told him. “It’s partially his choice too.’

“He likes me.”

“He LOVES you.” She laughed. “I guess, things are looking good for you.”

“Good luck, tomorrow!~” ______ teased.

“Wae?” Yoseob asked. “What’s the luck for?”

“Now, he’ll latch on, and never let you go.”

‘That’s a bad thing?’ he thought. ‘That just means I’ll be around you.’

The next day, Yoseob was getting ready to leave the house.

His phone rang.

“Junhyungie?” he answered.

“Yang Yo!~ We’re heading to Kikwangie’s dance performance. Did you want to come?”

“Kikwang’s?” Yoseob whispered. “Aish…it’s his?”

“Ne, are you coming?”

“I was going there too.”

“Geurae, we’ll be there.”

Meanwhile, Ricky was practicing for a dance routine with Changjo.

They were joking around.

Yoseob had just arrived with the rest of the guys, who came to support Kikwang.

Ricky had been talking to Kikwang about something.

When he saw Yoseob, he lit up.

"HYUNGNIM!!!!!~~~~~~~~" he squealed.

Kikwang bit his cheek.

‘Hyungnim?’ he thought. ‘He calls him Hyungnim?’

"Ricky-ya, are you practicing well?"

Ricky nodded.

"NE!! Hyungnim, will you watch my performance?!"

"Of course. When are you going to be going up?"

Ricky looked at the time on his phone.

"Changjo and I are practicing now. I think we're going on in a few minutes. Stay in the front row, Arasseo?"

"Arasseo." Yoseob nodded, patting his back. "Ricky-ya, FIGHTING!"

"Kamsahamnida, Hyungnim."

"Yoseob Hyungnim!"

"CHANGJO-YA, FIGHTING!!!!!!" Yoseob shouted.

"Loud much." Kikwang muttered.

"That’s NOT loud.” Yoseob narrowed his eyes at his frenemy. “I can be louder...FIGHTING!!!!!!!!! Ricky and Changjo...FIGHTING!!!! Lee Kikwang....eh."

"Yah..."

"RICKY FIGHTING! CHANGJO FIGHTING!!!! Lee Kikwang..boooooo!"

"You're annoying."

"Don't care..."

"Why the hell are you still fighting?!?!" Junhyung snapped.

"Why not?" Kikwang replied.

"Babos...." Doojoon sighed. "Didn’t Yoseob already win her?"

"So? He could mess up. It's possible." Kikwang said.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?"

"Duh...why did YOU even come?"

"Yoo Changhyun and Choi Jonghyun. Ricky and Changjo invited me. I just happened to tag along because everyone was coming the same way. I promised the kid that I’d come.”

After the performance, Ricky went straight to Yoseob.

‘Hyungnim!~”

“Ricky JJANG!~” Yoseob chuckled. “I can’t believe Lee Kikwang is your instructor!~ You’re a comedian too?! Lee Kikwang isn’t funny, you must’ve come up with that on your own.”

“We did!~” Ricky said pointing to Changjo.

Yoseob held up his palm.

“Daebak!”

Ricky high-fived him.

“ASSA!~” he laughed.

Kikwang pat Ricky’s head.

“Ricky-ya, you did well.”

“Kamsahamnida, Seonsaengnim!~”

“You too, Changjo.”

“Kamsahamnida.”

“Hyungnim?” Ricky turned to Yoseob.

“Hmm?”

“Can we hang out again?”

“Ch-Cheongmal?” Yoseob stammered.

“Ne! That way,  we can bond.”

“I’d like that. Can you tell me stories about your Noona?”

Ricky just stared at him for a while.

His dark eyebrows made him look angry.

Yoseob felt a bit nervous, with the look he was getting from the boy.

When Ricky smiled, his face changed drastically.

“Of course!~” Ricky laughed. “As a Dongsaeng, it’s my job.”

‘He’s too cute.’ Yoseob chuckled.

“If you’re going to date Uri Noona, we need to get close too. Noona and I are really close.”

“Arasseo.” Yoseob chuckled. “Don’t worry, Hyung will take care of you.”

“MANSE!~” Ricky squealed. He called out to his friends. “YAH! HYUNGS, CHANGJO, I’m going to hang out with Yoseob Hyungnim! Don’t wait up for me.”

The rest of the day, Yoseob and Ricky spent bonding.

Junhyung nudged Kikwang.

“Still think he could mess it up?”

“…”

Kikwang stayed silent.

“Looks like Yoseobie Hyung is doing all the right things.” Dongwoon added.

“…He is….” Kikwang sighed.

 

 

 

_______________________________________

Ricky thinks he's Yoseobie's number one fan? XD hahaha

Awwww........bonding time!~