Chapter 27

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

 

Yoseob snuck ______ out in the middle of the night.

It was still dark outside.

They went to a nearby park.

"Aah, neomu chuwo!~~"

"You're cold?" ______ giggled.

"Aren't you?"

"Ne...I guess that's what happens when we decide to go on an outdoor date when the weather is like this."

Yoseob opened up his arms to her.

______ snuggled up to him, wrapping her arms around his torso.

He snuck a quick kiss.

He was loving his new found confidence when it came to skinship with her.

He figured it was because they had been in the same house so they got comfortable.

She smiled against his lips and kissed back.

She ran her fingers through his hair.

They deepened the kiss.

He hadn't kissed like that before BUT, he liked it.

He held her chin between his thumb and forefinger.

She gently broke it off and kissed his cute little nose.

"It is cold." She whispered.

Yoseob smirked and kissed her forehead.

"Hugs are warm."

"They are because..." She giggled. "...you're warm."

______ gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Yoseob blushed a bit.

Now, seemed like I good time to do it.

"______-ah?"

"Hmm?"

He pulled the box out of his pocket.

"I got us something."

"Us?"

"Mhm."

"What is it?"

He opened the box for her.

"..."

"...."

"...."

"Y-Yang Yoseob, what is this? Couples rings?"

"Mm." He nodded. "We've been dating for  a few months and we've gotten a lot closer. I know that I've gotten more confident and happy, just being around you and Ricky."

______ was speechless.

When he was nervous it was the cutest thing.

"...."

"I wanted to show you that I'm not going anywhere."

______ blinked at him, still unable to form words.

It was touching and sweet.

The guy she really liked wanted to commit himself to her.

"You know that I'm not just one person."

"Ara." Yoseob nodded. "You count as two. I'm committed to being your boyfriend and a friend, and Hyung to Ricky. If you haven't noticed, the kid loves me."

______ giggled.

"Oh, I've noticed."

"I don't have to spoil him or anything. I just hang out with him. Will you take my ring?"

"Only if you promise to continue being as good to uri Changhyunnie as you have been."

"That goes without saying. I love him as much as he loves me. I promise. I'll be the big brother he always wanted. Friends and family mean a lot to me."

"Nado." She smiled.

"You're both though." He said shyly.

______ gave him a questioning look.

"Mwo? What does that mean?"

"I mean...you're my girlfriend. You're classified as friend and family. The ring just makes it official. Isn't that the meaning behind the couple rings? It's not just a ring. It's a special ring that shows that were more than friends more of a family, right?"

On the inside, ______ was spazzing, out of control.

'AAAAH, HE'S SOOOOO ADORABLE!' She thought. "Hmm...I love how you went from shy to nonstop talking. Reminds me of my best friend. I mean, the nonstop talking and going into detail."

"I get to meet that best friend, one day, right?"

"Of course. I apologize, in advance, for my best friend's....uniqueness."

“Have you not met MY friends?” Yoseob asked, giving her a look. “You have, right? Are they ‘normal’ to you?”

“Well…”

“Have you met Yojinnie? Is SHE ‘normal’ to you?”

“YAH! That’s my Yojinnie.” ______ laughed.

“Oh, right. She’s not normal though.”

“That’s okay, I still love her.”

“I swear, having her keep this a secret was freaking me out! I didn’t know if I trusted her to keep the secret.”

“Aww…wae?”

“Ricky did though.”

“MWOYA?!?!?! Uri Changhyunnie knew about this?!?!?!”

Yoseob smiled.

“Is the ring your style?”

“Yes, definitely.” She smiled back.

“That was Ricky. He helped me pick it out.” Yoseob said.

He blushed more.

“……………..”

______ just stared at him.

He blinked at her.

He was confused as to why she was suddenly quiet.

“…Wae?...Did I do something wrong?”

“A-Aniya!~” she exclaimed, waving her hands defensively. “It’s just, touching that you included him.”

Yoseob breathed a sigh of relief.

“Aye, didn’t I promise that I’d commit myself to being close to him too?”

“Yeah, but that was before.”

“Doubting my sincerity?”

“Not even a little bit.”

______ scooted closer.

She caressed his cheek and kissed him again.

They took a few cute selcas before heading back to his house.

“This is my birthday present to myself.” Yoseob said holding up her hand.

______ stopped in her track.

“M-MWOYA?! It’s your birthday?”

“Yep!~” he nodded. He had the biggest smile on his face.

“Yah, no one told me.”

“That’s why I snuck you out before midnight! It’s my birthday….” He said looking at his watch. “….right….NOW!”

“Saengil Chukahae!” she giggled.

“Kamsahamnida! I wanted to spend the last few minutes of one year and the few of the next, with my girlfriend.” Yoseob said softly. “I’ve never had a girlfriend before. I’ve always wanted to try this.”

‘Seriously, this boy is killing me! My heart is about to burst!’ she thought to herself.

She just stared at him.

He looked so happy, and it made her smile too.

They returned to house and sat on the couch.

The rest of the family was still asleep.

“Yoseob-ah…” ______ pouted.

“Hm?!~” Yoseob replied in a cheerful tone.

‘His smile hasn’t gone away yet.’ She thought. “Yoseob-ah, I wish I knew! That way, I could’ve gotten you something for your birthday.”

“You did, though.” He insisted, pointing to their rings. “This is what I really wanted. Believe me, I’m happy with just this.”

______ smiled.

His smile was contagious and she couldn’t help but do it too.

“I can tell.”

She rested her head on his shoulder.

He leaned down and their lips met.

“BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!~”

“It’s only… 12:05.” She giggled.

“The first five minutes of this birthday trumps all the others I’ve had.”

“What do you usually do for your birthday?” ______ asked.

“Hmm...Umma makes me seaweed soup and I go out with the guys. At the end of the day, Umma makes me a HUGE meal. She cooks all of my favorite foods. It’s delicious!~”

______ smiled.

It brought back memories of her parents, when she and Ricky were younger.

“For us, uri Umma used to do the same BUT the day was dedicated to whatever I wanted to do! She’d take me anywhere.”

Yoseob smiled.

“You must miss her, and your Appa. I can’t imagine my life without my parents.”

______ nodded.

“I miss them a lot. I don’t cry anymore though. I just hope that I’m making them proud. I want to be everything they expected. I can’t let them down. They may not be here, physically, but they are in my heart. I surround myself with good friends so…I’m not lonely. Now, I have you too. That makes me happy that I can make you happy.”

Yoseob thought about it for a moment.

“I wonder if your parents would’ve liked me. Do you think they’d approve of me?”

______ shook her head.

“Without hesitation, they would love you! You’re someone the man that I like. They know that I wouldn’t bring home someone that they wouldn’t approve of. That’s what Changhyunnie is for.”

Yoseob grinned and nodded.

“Aah, he didn’t show ANY strict over protective behavior with me.”

“Kids can see the truth. Kids know how a person truly is, apparently. Plus, he got a new playmate…so he’s good.” ______ laughed.

After the Holidays and Yoseob’s birthday, ______ and Ricky returned home.

“Fairy tale vacation is over, let’s get back to life.” ______ sighed, walking into the location of her photo shoot.

She looked down at the ring on her finger, while she was getting her hair and makeup done.

“______-ah! Long time no see! OOOH! Nice ring!~” The makeup artist squealed.

“Kamsahamnida.’ ______ said with a smile. “My boyfriend gave it to me.”

“Aah, your boyfriend has good taste.”

“Mhm, my Dongsaeng helped him to pick it out.”

“Girl, you’re lucky! You got a committed man now.”

“I sure am…”

“UNNIE!~~~~” Yojin made her grand entrance.

“Aigoo!~” ______ giggled. “Yojinnie, wae so hyper?”

“Oppa bought us coffee and then he had to head off somewhere.” She said handing her a cup.

______ smiled and nodded.

“Aah, so it’s the caffeine?” she sighed. She looked at the makeup artist. “Unnie, mianhae if she’s a little crazy.”

“Your boyfriend is the best, right?” Yojin asked, leaning closer to ______.

“Yojinnie is close to your boyfriend?”

“He’s my Oppa.” the younger girl announced proudly. “They are never allowed to hurt each other, or I’ll die…because I wouldn’t be able to pick sides.”

______ shook her head.

“Crazy girl. As long as Yoseobie is happy, I’m VERY happy!”

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

YAY for the happy committed couple!~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lets hope it stays that way...right?

Oops, let's not jinx it... D: