Chapter 45

Friendly Competition

______ headed to Yoseob's house.

She missed Yojin a lot.

'Hmph! It's seems like since I've been working with Yoseobie and Jaehyo, I haven't been able to hang out with Yojinnie.' She thought, feeling quite guilty about leaving her out.

She knew that Yoseob made plans with his friends so she couldn't see him until later.

Ricky was still at a sleepover so her day’s schedule was empty.

Haeyeon came to answer the door.

When she saw ______, a smile spread across her face.


"Aah, ______-ah!!!" She said cheerfully. "It's been a while."

"Arasseo, Unnie." ______ frowned. "I've been busy lately."

"Ara, you're a workaholic. So…..which one are you here to see?"

"Huh? I thought Yoseobie was out with the guys today? That's what he told me last night."

"He is. So, it's Yojinnie?" The older girl nodded. "YOJIN-AH!!!"

"Ne, Un- YAH Unnie!!!!!" Yojin whined coming out from the room. Her tone changed when she noticed ______. "Do you know how difficult it is to compete with Oppa for your attention? My own Oppa. It's so terrible! It's excruciating!"

_______ smiled.

"Aww...my little drama mama, did you miss me?"

"Of course I did! Work isn't fun without you! Oppa doesn't even talk about what you two do at work. All I know is it’s a commercial! What kind of commercial is it? Is it for a product? Is it just for fun?"

"Aigoo, she's going to give a full interrogation." Haeyeon shook her head. “Medium breath. Don’t take a deep breath. Medium breath. If you want an answer, you need to give ______ some time to reply.”

Yojin sighed and took a breath.

"It's more of a short film than a commercial, by now." ______ laughed. "I'm pretty sure it's turning into one."

"MWOYA? What do you mean?"

"Jaehyo and I auditioned to be the models. It's sort of like we're acting."

"Soooo...where does Oppa come into this?"

"Uri Yoseobie is singing for the soundtrack."

Yojin nodded, still confused.

"So… um...how does a commercial turn into a short film? I’m sure Haeyeon Unnie is as curious about that as I am.”

"Aigoo~ where do I even begin? Well....Lee Jieun..."

That name got Haeyeon's attention.

She wore a disgusted expression.

"Ugh! That girl?!?! What about that girl?" her boyfriend’s Noona exclaimed.

"There was a lot of drama and the director had to reanalyze everything."

"She caused the drama?!?! What did she do now?"

"I… um…I think I've said too much. Just know that we got it under control." ______ said.

“Sorry, you just got here. You don’t need to spill all the details about work in one breath.” Haeyeon said with a smile.

“I know what it’s like to be a Noona. I feel you.”

They sat down to talk about other stuff, avoiding all work gossip.

“I recognize that hat.” Yojin said looking at ______.

______ touched the hat on top of her head.

She smiled at the memory that came with it.

“Aah, I stole this from Uri Yoseobie last night. I’m contemplating whether to return it or not.”

Just then, Yoseob walked in with Kikwang and Junhyung.

"Wow, your pecks really are bigger than your face." Junhyung teased.

"Yah, what are you even talking about?" Yoseob whined.

“Your abs have that little valley in between too.”

He reached out a hand to touch.

Kikwang smacked it away.

“Yah, Yong Junhyung, who gave you permission to touch MY Yoseobie?” Kikwang grumbled. “Just because we beat you at every sport….”

“Yah! My arms are sore from mixing music all night.” Junhyung’s excuses flowed out.

“Well that excuse doesn’t work since we were playing SOCCER!!!!!” Kikwang argued. “I have a reason to be bad. My leg is still healing.”

Yoseob rolled his eyes.

He stopped to take off his shoes and noticed something.

He stared in silence as his friends bickered over nothing.

Junhyung noticed first and smacked Kikwang in the chest

"What?"

"______'s shoes." He said.

A smiled played across his face.

Just then, the girl's were about to leave for a girl's day out.

They came into the hallway where the guys were standing.

"Oppa, you're home." Yojin said.

______ looked up and blushed.

She pulled the bill of the hat down to cover her eyes, but peeked a little bit.

She most definitely got an eye full.

No complaints… what so ever.

'HOLY ABDOMINALS!' She thought. 'Uri Namchin isn’t wearing a shirt!’

"Hi-Yeom, ______ie!" Kikwang said cheerfully.

"Huh? Oh....um...A-A-Annyeonghaseyo." She stammered turning her eyes away from her boyfriend’s abs to the friend she didn’t notice standing there.

Yoseob blushed and covered himself up with his shirt.

"Um...______-ah, when did you get here?"

"AISH! Oppa, put on a shirt! There's nothing to see!" Yojin whined shielding her eyes. “I don’t want that burned into my mind.”

'I BEG TO DIFFER!!' ______ shouted on the inside. 'Uri Namchin is…dare I say….y.'

Yoseob made a face.

"Yeah well, that's not legal so...." He said in a sassy tone.

"I love you Oppa!~"

"Aye, don't kiss up to Oppa now."

"I'm just going to borrow Unnie for a while, Arasseo? You get her all the time now. I barely see her anymore. I promise to give her back."

'Abs, Yojinnie, pecks, Yojin, Biceps, Yojin, all around iness, Yojin. Aigoo, why am I becoming such a byuntae lately?' ______  thought as she weighed her options in her head.

The scale was about to tip over.

"I'll let you have her so you don't start crying."

"Aww Oppa if I cried it’s over. I'd win."

"Exactly. Plus, I'm sure uri ______ misses you too. She probably doesn't want to hang out with guys all day."

"If you forget that clothes exist, then of course not."

'Again, I beg to differ.' ______ thought. ‘AISH! Such dirty thoughts. Falling in love with him automatically causes erted thought?’

"You're lucky that you're Oppa's favorite Blood-related Dongsaeng."

______ smiled.

'Perfect boyfriend is perfect.'

'Plus, if the woman I love wants to hang out and relax for a while, she should.' He thought. ‘Even Ricky says she works too hard.’

______ realized she hadn’t said much in that past few minutes.

Her brain was on one thing.

She could NOT talk about that.

"Oh Kikwangie you got the cast off!" she exclaimed, breaking her own awkward silence.

“You found your voice? I thought you had the Yang Yoseob disease.” Haeyeon teased. “Sometimes he forgets how to speak too. It must be contagious.”

______ flushed pink.

"I have Yoseobie nagging me now. If I don't take care and rehabilitate my leg I'll be in trouble. Especially because I did something he warned me not to do." Kikwang replied.

“Mhm…” Yoseob glared. “Many times.”

“Yah, are you my wife?”

“Of course.”

'So sweet, romantic, and y....this boyfriend of mine is killing me. We should leave before I explode.’

“Aye, that hat looks cute on you.”

“Are you going to let me keep it?” she said hopefully.

Yoseob smiled.

“I will think about it.”

While the girl’s were hanging out, ______ was lost in her thoughts.

"Unnie, are you zoning out?"

"Huh?"

"Aigoo....." Haeyeon laughed. "You're so cute. Distracted much?"

"Um...." She blushed. "Mianhae, I've just...never liked a guy so much. He's amazing and not selfish at all."

"Of course not! Oppa has always been a sweet, caring person."

"Ara. His shy, awkwardness disappeared. We're more comfortable now."

"Oppa is stealing you and Changhyunnie from me." Yojin pouted.

"Mianhae, Yojinnie! I just..."

"You just what? Are you falling for Oppa?"

‘How much farther can I fall? I've already hit the bottom.’ ______ admitted in her head.

Her silence gave his Noona and Dongsaeng the answer.

"M-MWO!!?! You're in love with Oppa?"

"......Um…………...."

"I swear I'm going to have Oppa wear a body suit around you."

"WAE?" ______ whined.

"He's seducing you away from me."

Haeyeon made a face and a fake gagging sound.

"OH DEAR GOD!! Please do not say 'seducing' when my baby brother is involved. It's disturbing." She grumbled. “On the other hand, Uri Yoseobie found a good girl who loves him. I'm happy. Just never put Yang Yoseob and seduction in the same sentence. It’s just…NO!”

“Don’t worry Unite.” ______ giggled. “Yojinnie may be my best female friend, but I will never tell romantic details. I don’t want to scar you.”

“Greatly appreciated, Unnie.” Yojin bowed.

The girls laughed.

______ really enjoyed their company.

Yoseob’s family always made her feel like she fit in with them.

It felt like a family.

"UNNIE!!!" A girl called butting into their conversation. "_______ Unnie!"

______ looked up and turned her head around.

She smiled when she saw who it was.

"Oh, Kim Hyuna!!" she said happily.

Soon, all the girls joined her.

"______-ah! It’s good to see you! So, I heard you've been singing again." Gayoon said.

"Mwo? Who did you hear that from?" ______ asked confused.

"Yoseob Oppa." The girl chorused together.

"Of course.” She shook her head. She giggled. “Aye, has he been bragging about it?"

"Uri Oppa is very proud of that. He's been mentioning it with every breath he takes. I think he's trying to rub it in my face that he's working with you and in not." Yojin sighed and muttered under her breath. “Jerk…”

______ stifled a laughed.

"Aigoo~ You guys remember Yoseobie's cousin, right? This is Yoseobie's older sister."

They all greeted her and introduced themselves politely.

"Where is Oppa?"

"Bromancing with Kikwangie." She smirked.

"They have to make up for lost time?"

"Apparently."

"Isn't it awesome that they aren't fighting over you anymore?"

______ nodded.

"I am VERY happy about that.”

Yojin looked at Gayoon.

“Gayoon Unnie, how did you know that ______ Unnie sang before? Have you known her for a long time? I’m very curious.”

“Yah, wae so protective?” Haeyeon raised her brows. “I don’t ship you with her.”

“Unnie…” she pouted.

“Gayoonie and I had the same vocal training class when we were kids. Uri Umma was our trainer.”

“Ahjumma was the best!” Gayoon smiled. “My other vocal trainers weren’t as fun.”

Yojin smiled at ______.

“Unnie seems happier talking about your parents nowadays.” She said. “It’s nice.”

______ smiled back.

“Well, I still miss Umma and Appa BUT I’m not sad or lonely. I know they’d love my boyfriend because I do.”

The girls all stared at her.

“Did you hear yourself?”

“………Yes, I know what I said!”

“______-ah, you realize that you and Yoseob Oppa could’ve met sooner, right?”

“Wae?” asked a confused ______.

“We met Oppa in school.”

“JINJJA?!?!?”

“Imagine if you stayed in the same school as us.”

“They’d be married by now.” Yojin squealed.

“Yah, Kim Yojin!~” ______ exclaimed, her cheeks turning red. “Geumanhae...I’m fine with where I am.”

Haeyeon just smiled.

‘Aye…Who isn’t a hardcore supporter of these two?’ she thought. ‘I love that uri Yoseobie has so many good friends.’                                              

“Of course you’re fine, Unnie. You’re in love.” Hyuna said with a smile.

Gayoon started to laugh really hard.

“Where did that come from?” Jihyun laughed.

“I’m just thinking back to the day Yoseob Oppa and ______ Unnie met.”

Jiyoon, Hyuna, and Sohyun joined in on the giggle fit.

“Was it THAT funny?”

“….”

“YAH! Don’t make fun of my boyfriend!” ______ scolded. She pouted.

Haeyeon watched ______ and smiled.

‘She really does love him.’

“Guys….geumanhae! It was sweet. Come on now…..”

Hyuna leaned in close.

“Unnie….I can see your lips turning up at the corners. You know it was funny.”

She smiled and shook her head.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

I FINALLY UPDATED. I KNOW.....I KNOW.

It only took a lifetime and a half but I did it.

i was having some really horrible writers block and the lack of a computer did not help. LOL

Ive actually had this chappie for months but never got to post it.