Chapter 32

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

 

“I know it’s only been a few days, but…I really miss you.” ______ said with a smile.

“Nado. Yah, Yoo ______, Do you like him more than me?"

"Yoseob-ah..."

"I just want to know."

"Ani. I don't. I like Yang Yoseob the most. I like you way too much."

He smiled.

"That's how YOU feel. Did you hear you?"

"Did I hear me?" she giggled.

"Yeah, I heard you, but did YOU?"

"Ne...Hmph...I don't like you working with Lee Jieun."

"Likewise. I don't like me working with her. It was more fun singing with you. Will you tell me why you stopped singing? You have the most amazing voice that I have ever heard.”

“You really want to know?”

“If you want to tell me.”

 

------Flashback--------

 

"______-ah, Umma and Appa have to do something. Wait here."

"Arasseo, Appa!!~" she said happily. "Then we'll go pick up Uri Changhyunnie?"

"Ne, we'll pick up Uri Changhyunnie after we leave here."

"Umma are you going to sing?"

"Ne! Did you want to watch?"

"YES!!!"

She used to love to listen to her mother sing and sing along with her.

"Aah, Your _______ has a good voice too!"

"When I grow up, I want to be a singer like my Umma!"

"Uri ______ just needs practice and she'll be much better than Umma." Her mother said.

"______ie, Why aren't you in school today?"

"She's getting over a cold so we kept her out one more day."

"I did all my makeup homework so Umma and Appa said I could come to play."

After they finished up there, the family set off to pick up the youngest member.

The weather was crazy and the tires couldn’t handle it.

 

-------end of Flashback------------------------

 

“……….That was the day that it happened? That makes sense. I’m sorry that I asked. I never should have.”

“Nah, I’m glad you asked. I’m glad I told you. Honestly, when I was singing with you, I forgot why I was afraid of it. It felt nice to sing with you. I remembered why I liked to sing. Speaking of singing, don’t you have to work?”

“You want me to go?”

“….eh…I don’t but you have to. Are you two recording today?”

"Yeah we’re practicing some more and doing some recording, if it’s good enough. Wae? Are you jealous?"

"..."

"YAH, Yoo ______, am I a flirt?"

"Well…”

“….”

“Ani..."

He sighed.

"Well…Do you like pretty boy more than me?"

"What?..."

"I just want to know."

"Ani. I don't. I like him in a different way. I like Yang Yoseob the most. I like you way too much."

He smiled.

"That's how YOU feel. Did you hear you?"

"Did I hear me?" she giggled.

"Yeah, I heard you, but did YOU? Just remember, you said that you like me the most. Don’t forget it, it goes the same the other way."

"Ne...Hmph...I just don't like you working with her."

"Likewise. I don't like me working with her. You're working with your ex. Well now that I’ve kind met him. I don’t feel so threatened.”

“You shouldn’t.”

“Um…I have eyes! I can see what he looks like! It’s enough to make any guy insecure. He’s too pretty.”

“You’re pretty too.” She told him.

“….I’m not pretty!”

“You’re right, you’re handsome.”

Just then, Yoseob's phone rang.

"Ricky-ya?"

"Hyungnim!"

"What's up?" he chuckled, when he heard Ricky’s cheerful tone.

"Hyungnim, are you busy?"

"Only for a few hours, then I’m free. Did you want to hang out?"

"NE! After my dance class?”

Yoseob smiled.

"Arasseo, we’ll meet up somewhere.” He said. They ended the call and he turned to ______. “Well, it looks like your brother has filled my schedule for the rest of the day."

"Geurae." ______ nodded.

After Yoseob left she let out a sigh.

"Yoo ______, are you in live with him?" her, oh so annoying, best friend teased.

______ slowly turned her head to give him a dangerous look.

"Shut up!" she growled through her teeth.

"I'm just saying. I'm not jealous or anything. We've been broken up for years and we stayed friends. You were bound to fall in love again. You avoided it because of your brother. Apparently, Yoo Changhyun loves the guy so...."

"Doodoo head, I’m not saying you’re jealous. But…So...what?" she asked.

"Geurae. Why are you not admitting it?"

"Shut it."

"I know you, Yoo _______. You love him. Youre avoiding him."

"I’m not avoiding him!”

“You are too!”

“All I care about is him. He and his best friend aren't speaking because of me! If they stay estranged...I'm afraid of what could happen."

"Mhm. You worry too much."

______ smacked his arm.

"So what if I worry? If you hate someone that you were once close to...they could disappear forever! You'd regret it...immensely. Why do you think j stayed in touch with you?"

"YAH, you hated me?!?!?!" Jaehyo exclaimed. "Aww..."

He frowned.

"Yeah."

"YAH!"

"It was only for a month." she scowled. "Then you called and I hung up on you."

"That doesn't sound like hate at all!~" he said sarcastically.

"After I hung up...I missed my best friend. You were always my friend before everything."

“And…I’m still your friend now.” Jaehyo nodded. “Honestly, just admit that you love the guy.”

“SHIREO!~~~~” She whined, her cheeks turned so red.

Jaehyo just snickered.

“Aww…”

“Ahn Jaehyo…geumanhae….” She pouted.

When Yoseob finished the recording for the day, he called up Ricky.

The younger boy gave Yoseob directions of where to meet.

“Seonsaengnim, can we talk somewhere?” Ricky asked.

Kikwang just looked at him.

“Wae?”

“Unless you’re busy.”

“Aniya, I’m not busy.”

“MANSE!” Ricky smirked.

He pulled out his phone to text Yoseob

-HYUNGNIM, HURRY! I NEED YOUR HELP!-

Seeing the text, Yoseob reacted fast.

He was there in a few minutes.

"Ricky-ya, Gwaenchana?! What's wrong?!"

"Nothing." he grinned.

Yoseob blinked.

"What?! I thought something happened! You said it was an emergency! You said you needed help!!!"

"It kind of is..."

"Yah!! Are you trying to give Hyungnim a heart attack?!"

"Aniyo..."

"Where are we going?"

"Ricky-ya, why did we...oh..."

Yoseob heard the familiar voice, and turned to look.

He looked back at Ricky.

"Ricky-ya...what the heck is this?!?!”

"Mianhae, for deceiving you both. I had to get you two together somehow. I just need you two to make up. I want Noona to be happy."

"She's not happy?" Kikwang asked. This was news to him.

Ricky shook his head.

"No."

"Waeyo?"

"She broke up with Yoseob Hyungnim."

"SHE WHAT NOW?! MWOYA?!?!" Kikwang shouted. “Yah, you can’t even keep your girlfriend happy?!”

"We're on a break. We didn't break up so shut up!" Yoseob corrected

"Why? What did you do?!"

"ME?! What did YOU do? She feels responsible for our friendship being like this"

"Why would she?"

Yoseob rolled his eyes.

"Babo much?"

"Shut it! She likes you, you're the Babo. No one told you to let her go!"

"I didn't, numb skull!"

"You did too, dumb sh-..." Yoseob edited himself because Ricky was there. "Dummy." he corrected.

Ricky looked between the two and sighed.

'These are the two guys that Noona was deciding between? Wooow...' he thought.

"She said that she liked you too much to break up with you. She likes you BOTH too much to let you fight all the time."

"......"

"Uri Noona has always been selfless. She's always put me first or others first. I know that if you two are happy, she will be too. If she's happy, we can all be happy."

"Well, I don't want you to break up."

"Psh, you don't?" Yoseob scoffed.

"Yah, Yang Yoseob, am I a horrible person?! Don't you know me better than that?!?!"

"I'm not sure anymore."

"........this is going to take a while." Ricky sighed.

Yoseob looked down and saw the cast on Kikwang’s foot.

‘That looks painful. Stupid Babo didn’t listen to me…’ Yoseob thought. He shook his head. "Babo-ya, you injured the SAME FOOT, again?" he taunted. You're hard headed. Didn't you get good grades in school? All it takes is common sense! If something is painful don't push it."

"Then why are we doing this?"

"Don't know...."

"Aigoo, I thought I was the kid here!!!" Ricky shouted.

"I'm just pissed because someone didn’t listen to my lecture. What the hell did I tell you?!"

"Who cares?!"

"I do! We're not speaking but it's irritating that you hurt yourself AGAIN. I'm always the one taking care of you. You couldn't just step aside and let me have her."

"......" Kikwang was speechless. 'He’s right...’

“Sure people think I’m the youngest but I’m not. I always worry about all of you! Especially the two that are younger than me.”

Kikwang sighed.

“When I hurt my foot, you were the only person that I thought of. You always took care of me.”

“I did it because I care about you.”

“….”

The two guys just stared at each other.

Ricky clapped his palms together in satisfaction.

“NOW WE’RE GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!”

“….No…” the stubborn guys said. “It means nothing…”

Ricky sighed and shook his head.

He managed to lure them both to a restaurant to eat together.

“Such a handsome group of boys.” The owner Ahjumma said.

Ricky and Yoseob sat on one side of the table while Kikwang sat on the other.

The kind lady was bringing them free dishes.

“I don’t get it. Hyungnim, Seonsaengnim, you were getting somewhere. Now, you’re not speaking again.

The two older boys just ate and didn’t say a word.

“…………” Kikwang’s eyes went wide.

“What?” Yoseob glared at him.

Suddenly, Kikwang found himself gasping for air.

He could feel his throat closing up.

"Kikwang Seonsaengnim?! What's wrong?" Ricky panicked.

"Can't...breathe..." he gasped. "My throat...I can't breathe!"\

Yoseob scoffed.

“Quit messing a-….” He cut himself off when he saw the red splotches all over his face. “YAH!!! LEE KIKWANG! What did you eat?”

“….that…” he whispered pointing to a dish.

Yoseob poked around in the plate and sniffed it.

“AISH!!!!!” he growled.

“What? What’s happening?!?!” Ricky freaked out.

“There’s shellfish in that! The food has shellfish in it!” Yoseob scolded, holding up a piece of shrimp. “DID YOU EAT THIS ONE?”

“…ne….” Kikwang just nodded.

Without hesitating Yoseob jumped out of his seat and crouched down on the floor in front of him.

“GET ON MY BACK! The hospital is nearby. If we call an ambulance, it could take too long. You can’t exactly walk there. You can’t breathe and your leg is hurt.”

Yoseob slapped some money down on the table and carried Kikwang out.

A confused Ricky followed.

“Yoseob-ah…” Kikwang gasped.

“Shut up…” Yoseob demanded. "Save your breath..."

"Hyungnim, what's going on?"

"Lee Kikwang is deathly allergic to shellfish...."

"WHAT?!?!? Seonsaengnim...." Ricky whimpered.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________

OMONA! OMONA!!! KIKWANG!!!!!!!!!! :(