Chapter 13

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

______ walked into a photo shoot.

It had been a couple of weeks since she last saw Yoseob and Kikwang.

She was getting a little jealous.

There went her imagination, running away from her.

'I wonder if he's with Jieun. Well, I told him they looked cute together. Maybe he'll date her? Is Yojinnie right? Aish!! I probably do like him more! I think about him too much. Eotteokhae?!?!? Should I text him?' she thought. She picked up her phone. She put it back down and shook her head. 'Andwae! I CAN'T TEXT HIM. If I text him first, I might bug him. Maybe he'll text me?! Aish, psycho girl, get your mind off of him. It's not like I talked to Kikwang-ssi either. AISH!!!!!! I NEED TO FOCUS ON MY PHOTOSHOOT!!!! Erasing them from my thoughts.'

"Agassi, would you like to hear a joke? What do you call a man with a rubber toe?" a creepy voice came from behind.

______ turned around to give the guy a 'WTF' look.

When she saw who it was, a smiled spread across her face.

"Omo! JAEHYO!!!~~~" she squealed, going him the biggest bear hug. "Aigoo, Ahn Jaehyo, I should've known it was you. With jokes THAT lame, who else could it be?"

"Yah..."

"I don't know. What is it?"

"What is what?"

"...really?" she laughed. "DUH!!"

"Roberto."

______ stared blankly at him.

"Awww...I missed you!~~" she giggled. "No one tells the worst jokes like you."

"Yah!!" he pouted. "I got a few more. You're going to laugh."

"Promise?"

"..."

"Geurae."

"What is something that is brown, and sticky?"

"I give up."

"A stick."

"Ani, sticks could be green too...or grayish."

"You miss my jokes, don't you? Yah, I know you're laughing ...on the inside."

"Hyo, I'm not laughing WITH you." she giggled. "I seriously missed you though."

"A neutron walks into a bar and asks ‘how much for a beer?’ The bartender says, ‘for you? No charge.’..."

_____ smiled.

It was one of the worse jokes in the world.

Her options were to fake a laugh, or start bawling her eyes out.

"I missed my nerd." She giggled. “Still…that joke was…TERRIBLE. You’re never going to be qualified to be a comedian. Stick to the video games.”

"Oh great, you introduced yourselves." the director of ye shoot said.

"We're chingus!" Jaehyo said cheerfully.

He put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close.

"NE!~" ______ sang.

"That's even better."

"Director-nim, we were classmates in school!"

"Nice coincidence, hmm? Is he good?” the director leaned over to whisper in her ear.

"Ani..." ______ said shaking her head. "You shouldn't use him. He’s a derp."

"YAH!!!” the ‘derp’ exclaimed.

"I'm kidding!" she laughed. "He's daebak. He was my computer nerd. If your computers are glitchy, just use him and then deduct the cost from his pay."

Jaehyo nodded.

“Uh huh…we haven’t seen each other in years. She’s been saving up to troll me as much as she can in one day’s time.”

______ and Jaehyo really enjoyed working together on the shoot.

It was nice to work with a friend.

That’s why she loved to work with Yojin all the time.

After it finished, they were preparing to leave.

“Time flies when you’re working with friends, huh?” ______ commented.

Jaehyo nodded.

"How long was that? ….Like..2 minutes?”

“More like two hours.” She giggled. “I’m so hungry now…”

“Hmm…well, how about I treat you to some food?" Jaehyo asked pulling on a jacket.

"Oh, big shot, chaebol now?" she teased playfully

"Ani." he chuckled. "I just haven't seen you in years. You don't even miss me, do you? I wanted to treat you to a meal, to make up for the lost time."

______ sighed.

“Of course I missed you, Jaehyo.” She whispered. “I hate when people disappear from my life. I’m afraid they’ll never come back.”

“I’m here though.” He said softly. “I haven’t disappeared for good.”

______ nodded and her mood drastically improved.

Ahn Jaehyo was her first love, it made her so happy to see him again.

"Jaehyo-ya, do you remember when we decided to start modeling?" she asked.

Jaehyo shook his head and chuckled.

"Wait...we?! I don't think so! MY dreams were killed by you." He whined. “DREAM KILLER!”

______ covered his mouth.

“Aish…you’re so loud!” she scolded. “You remember though, right?”

 

---------Flashback----------------

 

 Jaehyo moved to Seoul, from Busan, in high school.

He was always studying in the library.

The constant studying, lead to random naps.

"Yah, are you sleeping?" ______ teased, poking his forehead.

"I'm laying on my glasses." he whined loudly.

"YAH!" she whispered. "This is the library!~ You’re so loud."

"Aah, Mian. I thought I was at home. It was so comfortable, I thought it was my bed." he said trying to fix his hair.

______ watched him with interest.

He was the most beautiful man she had ever seen.

Her cheeks turned slightly pink.

"Jaehyo-ya, you should be a model." she said.

Jaehyo made a face.

"Wae?!" he grumbled. "Why ME?! Why don't you? You could do something like that."

"I have no time though.” She muttered under her breath.

Jaehyo turned to her.

"Ani. ______-ah, think about it! You're the prettiest girl that I know. You’re beautiful, both inside and out. It's not like people haven't commented on it. You could do it. It's for money, so that’s a plus. ______-ah, you're a high school student with about three hundred jobs!"

"It's only two, you derp!" she rolled her eyes. "I'm waiting on a call from a third."

"Oh my god. Are you kidding me? You're going to look 70 when you're turning 20! Is that a wrinkle?"

He squinted, leaning in closer.

He poked her between the eyes.

"YAH!~” she shouted, shoving him back. “I will punch your face and break your nose."

"Violent person..." he muttered, dusting the wrinkles out of his shirt.

______ smiled.

She was considering the options.

"Well, if I do it..."

Jaehyo stared at her.

"Mwo...? If you do it...what?" he pushed.

"If I do it...You have to do it with me."

Jaehyo looked horrified.

"How about I stick to my dream of being a pro-gamer? My dream is to stay home...ALL DAY LONG, while playing video games in my underwear."

______ nodded.

"You're aiming too high. Maybe you should stick to something that requires NO effort?" She said sarcastically.

"I could be an expert recruiter. It's amazing! I don't even work at these places...but I'm the one providing them with your services."

"Are you my manager?" she teased.

"Ne! I'm your nerd."

"Arasseo." she giggled. "I've always wanted a pet NERD!!"

“Then…shouldn’t I be getting a percentage of your pay?”

“How about…NO!”

--------End of Flashback---------------

 

"Hmm...then you went back to Busan for college." ______ pouted.

“Were you mad?” Jaehyo pouted. “I left you behind.”

 "We were really close. I was mad, at first, but it was a good choice.”

He nudged her with his elbow.

"You missed me, didn't you?" he smirked.

"Mhm, only when I see an electronic device." She teased.

"Aah, geurae!~  So you're standing in front of Best Buy, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week?" he joked.

"Yeah!~ Of course!~~~" she said sarcastically. “What other reason is there for living?”

"Don't be so sarcastic.” He scolded. “Yah! We were each other's first loves. It's a given that you’d miss me."

"Ara." she giggled. “I missed you a lot. Every day.”

Jaehyo nodded.

“Nado. I missed you so much.” He blurted. He took a deep breath and released it. "So, have you been dating?"

"WAE?!” she snapped. “Why would you ask me that?!?!”

Jaehyo flinched a bit.

“YAH, I was just asking. I’m curious.”

______ sighed.

"Even if I liked a guy, when do I have time to date? My highest priority is Changhyunnie."

“Ara. Psh, we never went out very much, but that didn’t stop us. The only problem was that I NEVER met your dongsaeng."

______ scratched her head in confusion.

"Mwo? Yah, are you blind then? You saw Changhyunnie EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!"

"Yeah, I know.”

She face palmed hard.

“Really, Jaehyo? Confuse me, why don’t you?!” she laughed.

“I meant AS YOUR BOYFRIEND!”

She shook her head.

“Oh, I was supposed to know, that’s what you meant? Aigoo…I can’t read your mind.”

“I thought you could! AISH! You can’t anymore? DANG!” he teased. He smiled a bit. “I understand though. He was young."

"Kids get attached to things easily. Even I do." she said. "Mianhae, Jaehyo."

Jaehyo smiled.

"It's okay. Yah, how about...you make it up to me?" he wiggled his brows."I know how you could.”

______ side-eyed him.

"What might THAT be?"

"You should date me again."

______ rolled her eyes.

"Oh gosh, do you want me to lose my mind?" she laughed.

"Definitely.” He nodded. His expression turned serious. “I know that Changhyun is, and will always be, your top priority. That’s why you are afraid to let people in. Then, you’re always afraid they’ll leave.”

“You did.” She pouted. “My best friend left me, who’s to say someone else won’t.”

Jaehyo put a hand over his heart, as if she’d shot him.

“Ouch! Someone is holding a grudge.” He chuckled.

“Always.” She giggled. “If you didn’t contact me, when you were gone, I’d have your face on a dart board.”

“HARSH! I don’t need any more orifices on my face.”

______ pointed to his mouth.

“Yeah, you already have THAT ONE, which stays open at all times.”

"______-ssi?" a voice came from behind.

______ turned around.

Jieun was standing there.

Just the person she wanted to see….NOT!

"Oh, J-Jieun-ssi...?" she stammered.

"You're stuttering? That's MY thing." Jaehyo muttered.

"Omo, Jaehyo-ssi?!"

______ looked between them.

"You know each other?"

"I know a lot of people." Jaehyo nodded. "I'm not trying to be cocky, but I know A LOT of people."

"You're being cocky." ______ muttered. She shook her head.

"Ara. Aah, _______-ah, I'll be right back. I have to poop!" Jaehyo whispered in her ear.

"YOU...are way too comfortable around me." she sighed. "Ka!"

"Kamsa!"

Jaehyo ran off to the bathroom, leaving the two girls alone.

______ just realized what happened.

'Aish, he left me alone with her!!! It feels so...awkward. Isn't this the girl that Yoseob-ssi, likes?' she thought. 'She's cute and pretty. Yoseob-ssi, is so comfortable around her too. Well, obviously, not as comfortable as that derp and I.'

"I'm glad that you're Yoseob Sunbae's friend. He's a good guy and needs a lot of friends."

"Aah, okay."

"You're pretty."

"Um...Kamsahamnida…?"

"Sooo…______-ssi. Are you dating him?" she asked, acting as if they were best friends.

Jieun’s mood freaked ______ out a bit.

“Who…?”

“Jaehyo-ssi.” Jieun replied, nodding in the direction of the Men’s restroom. “Are you two dating?”

"Aniyo." ______ shook her head.

"Jinjja? BUMMER! Aww I think you'd be a good match with Jaehyo-ssi. Maybe you could date Kikwang Sunbae! Then we could go on a double date."

'Who is she to tell me who I should date?!' ______ thought.

 

-itzmeys:

You haven't sent me a message in a while ㅠㅡㅠ. Did I do something wrong?

 

 

______’s blood started to boil.

‘What a coincidence….’ She thought.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

______ hasnt heard from Yoseob in a while.

Hmm, at least she has a friend from the past. Jaehyo, and Jieun? :/