Chapter 24

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

 

 

'Aigoo!~ Why is he sooooooooo cute?!?!?! How can I be his first girlfriend?! Yang Yoseob is so romantic and sweet.' ______ thought. "I thought you didn't speak when you're nervous?"

"I've graduated to talking too much." he chuckled. "Mianhae. Feel free to shut me up whenever I'm rambling on."

She leaned down to give him a quick kiss.

"Will do..."

Yoseob blushed.

He still wasn't used to having a girlfriend.

"C-Can you stand?" he stammered.

______ made an attempt to stand up.

She had a difficult time balancing on the blades.

Yoseob stood up and his knees buckled.

"I thought you could do it? You're supposed to teach me. Can't you stand in skates?" she teased.

"It's not the skates." he muttered. "I'm good. Are you alright?"

He stood up in front of her, so she'd feel more secure.

______ smiled.

"I guess so." she said. Just then, she lost her balance. Her legs spread apart. "WHOA!"

Yoseob caught her.

"Spoke too soon, huh?"

"Yeah..."

"You know...it amuses me how you could wear those heels, for shoot but nearly do the splits wearing these skates." he smirked.

"I had YEARS of practice! I just got used to seven inch heels!"

"SEVEN INCHES?!?!" he thought. He put up his arm to estimate the height. "Do NOT, wear those around me."

"Yeah, the fall would be farther. It’s worse standing on these THIN blades." she whined.

"Don't worry. I'll be close by."

"How about...I hold onto you. I'd feel safer." she nervously bit her lip.

"We're not even on the ice yet. I thought you said that you trust me."

She smiled and grabbed onto his arm for dear life.

"I DO!!~~" she exclaimed. "I just...don't trust these skates. Not even a little bit..."

"Unless I'm here?"

______ smiled.

“Exactly.”

They skated around for a while.

______ was gaining her balance.

She could do it as long as Yoseob was at arm’s length.

"So, tell me more of your life story." He said, spinning in circles.

She was getting dizzy watching him.

"Me?! What about you?"

Yoseob shrugged.

"My life story is boring. I haven't done much. You had so much going on in your world. One world crashed down and you had to rebuild it. To me, that sounds like you're stronger than me."

"Aah, you want a girlfriend who can be strong and will protect you?" ______ teased, shaking her head.

Yoseob pulled her close and chuckled.

"No!.....but....if you wanted to...I wouldn't be against it."

______ laughed and playfully pushed him off.

Her eyes widened.

"WHOA!~~"

Her arms were flailing around wildly as she tried to keep her balance.

Yoseob reached out to grab her hands.

"Yah, stop flapping!" He laughed. “You’re the one that pushed me away!”

“You’re making me dizzy with all your circles, loop-de-loops, and figure eights. I’m going over there to safety!” she whined running away from him.

Yoseob laughed.

“Aww…she’s so cute.”

"Hyung!" A boy called out to him.

"Sounds like...Haekyung."

"Hey Hyung!"

It was Haekyung.

The boy skated over.

"Lee Haekyung, how have you been?"

"I’m fine, hyung." he replied with a frown. "More important question is...where have you been?!?! You never come around anymore!"

"Haekyung-ah, Mianhae." Yoseob said patting his head.

______ smiled.

'He’s good with kids.'

"Yoseob Hyung, you use to be over EVERY DAY. Now, it's just the other Hyungs."

"Aww...are they not as fun?"

"Dongwoonie Hyung can be. Hyunseungie Hyung is...well he's Hyunseungie Hyung. Uri Hyung is...poop! I wish you were talking."

"Well..."

"It's not the same without Yoseob Hyung."

"Of course not." Yoseob said.

After Haekyung left, ______ pushed off of the wall.

She sent herself flying and crashed into Yoseob's back.

"I almost died."

Yoseob smiled.

"Mianhae. That was Lee Haekyung."

"He has quite a resemblance to Kikwang-ssi."

"He should. He's Kikwang's Dongsaeng."

"Aah..." She smiled. "They just love you!~ Do all kids just flock to you?"

"Sometimes." He laughed. "I'm just an easily approachable person. I just fail at approaching others."

"Aah, like how I fail at anything while wearing these skates?"

She looked down at her feet.

Yoseob shook his head.

"I don't know. When I was talking to Haekyung, you did pretty well on your own."

"I was holding onto the wall! Of course I did well. The wall wasn’t spinning like SOMEONE!~” she side-eyed him.

Yoseob grinned.

"How about we get some ice cream while we skate?" Yoseob suggested.

"BUT...I'm freezing."

"Exactly." He nodded.

______ stared at him.

"What?"

"If we eat ice cream, you'll be colder. You'll get your mind off of falling on your face." He explained

"Yep, it'll be thoughts of my face falling off. Yah, Yang Yoseob, I'm a model. I kind of need my face."

"We can get coffee afterwards."

"What a weirdo." She smiled a bit.

"Trust me. It makes sense."

'Well, after having a best friend like Ahn Jaehyo, it makes more sense than he ever did.' She thought. 'Plus....he's so cute! Look at those dimples when he smiles.'

"Hot coffee can warm us up after we get frostbite."

"And hypothermia?"

"Okay, so we won't go overboard on the ice cream...BUT we'll still have ice cream."

______ smiled.

"Great!"

"When it's cold, it's the best time for ice cream."

She shook her head and stifled a laugh.

"Sounds like something's guy would say, so he could put his arm around a girl."

Yoseob's eyes widened, his cheeks were pink.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Ara." She teased. "You're my boyfriend though, so you're allowed."

He chuckled.

“I know that we’re official, but skinship still makes me shy! Holding hands is one thing…but….” He stammered. “…I’m still new to this.”

“Ara.” She giggled. “Ice cream does sound good though.”

They headed over to a cart to get a couple of ice cream cone.

Meanwhile, back at Yoseob’s house:

"Ricky, is this the first time your Noona has had a relationship like this?" Haeyeon asked.

Ricky nodded with a smile.

"Yes, pretty much. The guys that have gone after her...failed at keeping her."

"Why is that?"

"It's probably because Ricky is ______ Unnie's top priority."

"Aniyo, that’s not it.” Ricky said. He made a disgusted face. “I don't approve of guys that are shallow and stupid. Noona is beautiful and I don't want her to get hurt by some jerk like that. They used to bring her home and act nice to me."

"That's good, right?"

"ANIYO. They ‘ACTED’ nice.” He said putting an emphasis on the word ‘acted’. “They only did it because she could see. They were so fake and it bothered me. Noona isn't a loose girl. She wouldn't just hook up with some guy. Guys that said she had 'too much baggage', because I'm here. Yoseob Hyungnim is different."

"How so?" Yojin asked. "I mean, I know that Oppa isn't shallow...but...."

"Yang Yoseob was raised to be a good person. He's just very sensitive and kind. He’s always been that way since he was little.” Haeyeon said. “Well, at times, not to me…but still.”

"Exactly! Hyungnim was always nice to me. He hung out with me whether Noona was around or not! Plus...the way they look at each other. I've never seen Noona like someone so much. She's happy. Yoseob Hyungnim is JJANG!!!! When we hang out it’s like he actually thinks of me as a little brother. It's not just because he's dating Noona."

"Uri Dongsaeng has always wished for a little brother."

"Oppa complains that he got ME instead. I'm not even a little bit of a tomboy. That for him." Yojin laughed. “Poor Oppa.”

The couple returned home in the middle of Ricky, Haeyeon, and Yojin's conversation.

“YAH! My ears are burning!” Yoseob sneezed. “Who is talking about me?!”

Haeyeon and Yojin, without hesitation, raised their hands.

“______-ah, do you see what I have to endure? Can I borrow Ricky temporarily? I’m out numbered.”

“Hyungnim! Are you hurt at all?” Ricky laughed. “Did Noona injure you?”

“Nah. We had fun.” Yoseob chuckled. He reached out to ruffle his hair. “Thank you for the date suggestion. Your Noona was freaking out. It gave me a chance to be a protective boyfriend.”

______ gave him a weird look.

“What are YOU talking about?” she eyed him. She turned to Yojin and Haeyeon. “He said that he wanted a strong girlfriend who could protect him. He’s talking nonsense now. PLUS, he wanted me to freeze by feeding me ICE CREAM while we were on the ice.”

“Did you NOT enjoy it?”

“Of course I did.” She smiled.

Later that night.

Yoseob and ______ were sitting on the couch talking.

“The snow was coming down so hard when we got back.” She said.

“Mhm.” He nodded. “I think it’s a snow storm out there. The wind is so loud. Close and lock your windows, arasseo? I don’t want you girls getting hypothermia.”

______ smiled.

“You too.”

"Good night." Yoseob said.

"Night..." ______ replied.

They leaned in for a quick kiss.

Their lips met and then, suddenly, everything went black.

"Whoa..." they gasped.

______ pulled her phone out of her pocket.

She searched for the flashlight app.

"Aah, that's better..."

Yoseob looked at her.

"Gwaenchana?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"Our kiss must've caused a huge spark! The electricity caused a power outage?"

"YAH, Oppa, what did you do?" Yojin whined coming out of the room.

“ME? Yah, I didn’t cause the wind and snow storm! Our kiss was just THAT electrifying!~”

“EWWW!!~~~” Yojin cringed. “OPPA!”

“Go to sleep! It’s dark enough.”

“ I’m going to have nightmares now!”

Yoseob went into a pitch black closet, to light a candle for ______.

A few crashes were heard before he came out and lit the candle.

“______-ah, sleep well.” He said sweetly as he handed it to her.

______ smiled.

“Kamsahamnida.” She giggled. ‘That was too freaking cute.’

“Cheonmaneyo.”

“Gwaenchana?” she asked.

“I bumped into some stuff. I think I may have bruised my knee, or shin…something. I’m fine.“ he grinned.

When the girls went into the room, Yojin looked at ______.

“Unnie, it’s not too late to turn back.”

______ looked at her in shock.

“Turn back? What do you mean turn back? I have no regrets. He’s the cutest thing EVER. That was so sweet!”

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________

UH OH! They caused a power outage? That must've been some hott kiss.

Also, how yummy does Ice cream sound right now?

Hawaii is always hot and bleh...so yeah...Ice cream sounds good.