Chapter 8

Friendly Competition

 

 

Changjo and Ricky walked into their dance class.

"Seonsaengnim, I'm sorry for missing class the last time." Ricky apologized.

Kikwang, the instructor, shook his head.

"Ani, Changjo told me why you weren't here."

Ricky looked at his friend.

"Aah cheongmal? Jonghyun-ah, Kamsahamnida!"

"Isn't it great to have close friends like this?" Yoseob asked overhearing the conversation.

"Are you my girlfriend?"

"Forever alone!~"

"Me? Or You?"

Yoseob sighed.

"Both of us."

"My class is starting. Are you staying or are you going to leave?"

Yoseob made a face.

"Aish...I brought you lunch and you treat me like this? Fine, I'll let you starve next time."

"Too bad, we already ate it all."

"Babo." Yoseob said before heading out the door.

He walked out of the building and bumped into someone.

"Yoseob-ssi?!"

He bowed to her.

"Mianhae. OH ______-ssi?!"

"What are you up to?" she asked.

"I had lunch with Kikwangie, but he kicked me out when his dance class started."

"Aww..." ______ giggled. "Well, I have nothing to do for a couple of hours."

Yoseob gathered up his confidence.

"Well um...I was going to go...get...a coffee. Do you want to join me?"

"Geurae." she smiled. "We get to have our coffee together."

He nodded shyly.

"You don't have anything to do?"

"Nope, I'm off today." she said happily.

"If you don't mind my asking, how many jobs do you have?"

"At the moment? Hmm...one...two...three...four...five..."

She counted on her fingers.

As the number rose, Yoseob's eyes got bigger and his jaw dropped lower.

"Mwoya?!"

"Well, in the past...I had countless jobs."

"CHEONGMAL?!"

"I'd list them...but...you'd be bored. It's a really long list. If you’re still curious, I’ll tell you some other time.” She said.

“Arasseo.”

He treated her to coffee and they walked around.

There was a, very awkward, silence between them.

"So...Yoseob-ssi.?" ______ spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Ne?"

"I know that we went over this before...but I’m asking again. What kind of girl do you like?"

Yoseob blushed.

"W-Wae?"

______ blushed too.

"I'm just curious?"

"I like cute girls, girly, with long straight hair. What about you? What kind of girls do you like?"

_____ laughed at his little mistake.

"What kind of girls do I like? Um...well...manly ones?"

Yoseob choked and face-palmed.

"Ani!!! I meant..." he babbled. ‘WHAT THE HECK?! I’m so nervous that my words are coming out wrong.’

"I know." she laughed. "I'm straight. What kind of guy do I like? A guy with a big heart. Not too short."

'I'm short...'

"I mean, not shorter than me." she corrected. "My height or taller."

"Psh...I'm short..." he whined

"You are not!! You're normal sized."

"No, I'm short...compared to..."

"Skyscrapers and giants? So you're not six feet tall. You're cuter that way."

Hearing her say that made him smile.

'I probably look like a tomato right now...' he thought.

"Your height is perfect. You're cute and handsome too. Plus, you're really sweet, and that's what I like about you."

"Aah jinjja?"

"Mhm...I'd like to date a guy like you. I'm glad we're friends."

'Ouch...'

After talking about their ideal mates, ______ and Yoseob walked around a store, just to kill time.

His nervousness got the better of him and he ended up walking into a display.

Everything went tumbling to the ground.

Yoseob was redder than ever.

"You didn't see that, right?"

"Not if you didn't want me to." she giggled.

“Um…thanks.” He chuckled awkwardly.

They leaned down at the same moment to pick up the same exact toy, smacking heads in the process.

"Oww."

Both, looked at each other.

Their faces were so close that their noses touched.

______ quickly looked away.

"Well, luckily it wasn't something breakable!" she exclaimed.

She was desperate to break the awkward moment.

Yoseob blinked.

'We were so close...we almost...'

"So...um...why doesn't Kikwang-ssi, have a girlfriend?" she asked in an attempt to change the subject.

Yoseob frowned.

"I don't know. Are you interested?"

"....Um..." she stammered. 'Great...nice move ______.'

"Yes?"

"No...I'm just...wondering. The others aren't here, so I'm curious about them."

Yoseob nodded.

'They aren't allowed to be here.' he thought. 'Kikwangie doesn't need to know.'

She smiled.

“I just wanted to get rid of that awkward feeling. "I'm actually happy that it's just us." ______ said.

She blushed a bit from embarrassment.

"Jinjja?!?!" Yoseob exclaimed.

His cheeks were, equally, as red as hers were.

"Ne."

"W-Waeyo?" he asked shyly.

"It's nice when you're around the guys, because you're more comfortable with them. I'm interested in seeing how you are when you're not with them."

"You mean...awkward?" he asked.

______ giggled at his cuteness.

"Ani. You're not as quiet as the day that we met. "

Yoseob nodded.

"I know. I don't need to send you a text on KakaoTalk, when were sitting across the table from each other, anymore."

______ clapped her hands.

"YAY!"

"Wae?" he chuckled.

"That means that you're opening up to me more. I feel happy. I feel like we're becoming friends now."

"Would you rather...it be Kikwangie here? I mean...instead of me?"

______ smiled and shook her head.

She waved her hands defensively.

"ANIYO! I like hanging out with Yoseob-ssi. It's nice and calm, at the moment."

"Mhm...it's great."

"I need calm, right now. It's a nice break from my hectic lifestyle."

Yoseob smiled.

'She can let loose and feels comfortable, around me? That's, definitely, a good thing.' he thought. "Anytime you need a break, or just to talk, you know my KakaoTalk and my phone number. I'm a good listener. I mean, my ears are fairly big...and I probably won't say much."

"That was funny." she giggled. "You're so adorable. That's why I like you do much."

"I'm cute...I know."

'He is just...so much more confident today, isn't he?!' she thought. "I like this side of you. Yes, you're cute.  You're the cutest person in the world. Well...besides my baby brother. I'm just a bit biased there though. Well, Yojinnie is cute too...but that's because she looks like you, right, Yoseob-ssi?"

"You got it! Oh, how did you know?" he teased. "I've had too much coffee, right now. Caffeine, does this to me."

"At least it's not alcohol, right?"

"Ani, I'm legal, but...I get carded because I look like I'm 12."

______ leaned closer to examine him.

"Hmm...no, more like...11 and a half."

He smiled.

'CUTEST...DIMPLES...EVER!!!!!'

"Big difference." he said sarcastically.

"Yeah, SIX WHOLE MONTHS! Caffeine works that fast for you?"

"Mhm...you?"

"I can fall asleep in 30 minutes and end up napping for 4 hours."

"Whoa. With how much you work, you must be tired."

"Did I mention a baby brother?" she laughed.

"You did."

"There you go."

Yoseob checked the time.

"Aish, my Umma is going to LOVE having a hyper Yoseobie today."

"Awww...you're going to meet your Mother?"

"They have a restaurant. I promised to help out today."

_____'s heart fluttered.

'Yang Yoseob, you are truly...an amazing person.' she thought. 'Boy, you are killing me!'

'I don't want to go!!!' he shouted in his head. 'Umma and Appa can wait, I think. Right?'

"Well, my time is...just about up." she said. "Don't keep your parents waiting. Spend a lot  of time with them."

"I do...but that's because I have no life. Guys that spend a lot of time with their Mommies and Daddies...are all that attractive."

"On the contrary." ______ protested. "In my eyes, a filial son, is the most attractive person ever. You love your parents and family...including Yojin."

"Eh...I love my family. I'm unsure about that one though. It's a love-hate thing. How about you just love her enough for the both of us?"

"Arasseo. I got enough love to go around. That's why I can make friends so easily. I don't like to keep my friends away from their family duties. Shouldn't you go? What if your Parents worry?"

“You’re worried about my parents worrying?”

______ nodded.

“Of course, they might think something happened. Maybe you got kidnapped because some freak mistook you for an 11 year old.”

Yoseob frowned.        

“Now, I’m scared to go home…all alone.”

“Just send me a KakaoTalk message to let me know that you’re alive, arasseo?”

“Sure.” He laughed.

They bowed to each other before going their separate ways.

______ went, straight, to pick up Ricky and Changjo after their dance class.

"You boys, practice hard for your show, Arasseo?" Kikwang advised.

"YES SEONSAENGNIM!~" they exclaimed.

Ricky and Changjo bowed to Kikwang.

The room full of hormonal teenage boys, turned their attentions towards the door.

Ricky squealed and ran to hug her.

"Oof! Yah, you nearly knocked the wind out of me." ______ giggled.

"Hmph! You freaks...pick up your jaws!" he shouted to his classmates.

Kikwang turned to see why Ricky was shouting.

"Cute Aegi." she laughed, his hair.

"Oh...it's....."

______ smiled when he saw him.

"Omo, Kikwang-ssi?! What are you doing here?"

Kikwang spread his arms.

"THIS is MY dance class." he told her.

"OH!" ______ nodded in realization. "You said something about having a dance class that you teach. I remember now."

"Ne..." he said. "But...um...what did you come for? Did you find me...somehow?"

______ giggled and shook her head.

"Apparently! It wasn't intentional though!" she shouted defensively.

Kikwang smirked.

"Then, what brings you here?"

"Those two." she said pointing to Ricky and Changjo.

Ricky noticed and looked at her.

"What? What did I do?"

______ narrowed her eyes at him.

"Nothing, why? Do you have a guilty conscience?"

Changjo nodded.

"Yeah, he probably does."

"Nuh uh!"

"I didn't say you do, I just said, 'probably'." Changjo said.

"Ricky and Changjo? Do they belong to you?" Kikwang asked.

______ nodded.

"Yep, well...the tiny one does."

"Tiny..." Changjo snickered.

"Don't hate just because you're a giant. Like my version of Ricky and the beanstalk."

"Middle schoolers." ______ laughed.

"They're kids. They are actually amazing dancers."

"Ara." she nodded in agreement. "I can, sometimes, feel the house bounce."

Kikwang stifled a laugh.

"Poor you."

"I know, right?!"

"So, how is he 'yours'?" Kikwang asked. "I'm sorry of I'm being nosy. Just wondering."

"Hmm? You mean Changhyunnie? Yoo Changhyun is my dongsaeng." she explained. "He's my baby brother."

Kikwang took a while to let it absorb in.

"Wait...so...? OH! I got it now. Geurae! You said your little brother takes dance classes, after I told you about me, being a dance instructor."

"Kikwang-ssi, those boys are well-behaved...right?" she asked.

She was feeling pretty cautious.

"Why? Are they usually not?" he chuckled.

"Ani, they are good boys. I was just checking. I wanted to be safe. These boys can get crazy. It reminds me of...hanging out with the six of you guys. That is how my Changhyunnie gets with his group of friends."

"Speaking of, the guys...Yoseob was here before class started."

"Aah Jinjja?!" ______ exclaimed. "So this is where Yoseob-ssi was coming from!! Yoseob-ssi told me that he had lunch with you."

Kikwang stared.

"Wait...you saw him?"

"Today, was a long....dance class. I dropped the  boys off and then I ran into Yoseob-ssi." she laughed.

Kikwang turned away so that she couldn't see his expression.

'That little...he did it...AGAIN?!' he thought angrily. 'Damn you, Yang Yoseob!' He let out a sigh. "It that J couldn't come too."

______ smiled.

She was blushing a little bit.

"It does." she agreed. "Yoseobie is great though."

"Mhm...he is."

"So, did Yoseobie say anything about me?" Kikwang asked curiously.

______ shook her head.

"Aniyo, Waeyo?" she asked.

"N-No reason." he stuttered.

He blushed.

"Aah, I get it." she teased.

"W-Wae?" he stammered.

"You think I'm trying to steal your boyfriend? I ship KiSeob couple."

"YAH!"

______ stifled a laughed.

"Oh, is that not what you meant?"

"Aniyo! I was just wondering if he was talking crap about me. If he was, I was going to say that I have some dirt on him too. If he was nice, I can't just blurt things, right?"

"That depends. Are they true?" she asked.

"Of course. I wouldn't spread false rumors about him, only the true stuff."

"You just made me ship you two, even more." she laughed.

 

-itzmeys

The es have got me. I hope you’re happy now.

 

-itzmeys

Nah, im just kidding!~ We're you feeling guilty though? XD

 

 

 

 

______ laughed when she read the text.

“Kidnapped by es? Next time, we should get him decaf. Oh, his poor parents.” She shook her head. "Sure, I was feeling guilty. Guilty for letting you drink that coffee."

“I’m jealous.” Kikwang pouted. “You talk to Yang Yoseob more than you talk to me.”

“We should run into each other, randomly, sometime too.”

“I thought we just did.” He chuckled.

______ nodded.

“Aah, that’s true.” She giggled. “I would stay longer…but, I have to feed those children. Plus, I had caffeine, which means I’m going to fall asleep soon.”

“Mwo?”

“NOONA!!!~” Ricky shouted.

“I’m coming.” She shouted back. “Bye, Kikwang-ssi. It was nice seeing you again.”

“Yeah…you too.” He said, flashing his eye-smile.

‘A day full of eye-smiles and dimples? Geez, I’m going to die.’ She thought.

She was interrupted from her thoughts, when she heard growling tummies.

“Aah, baegopayo!~” Ricky sang, rubbing his stomach.

“You ate 4 times already.”

“Noona!~”

______ laughed and wrapped her arms around him.

“Come on, my babies, Noona will feed you!~”

“MANSE!~” the two boys shouted.

“Aigoo, boys and food.” She giggled. “At your age, who needs girls, right?”

“I’d rather eat.” Ricky said. “To me, girls still have cooties.”

“At least you can eat food. I can’t eat a girl. I’d be arrested for cannibalism.”

Ricky made a face.

“This is what happens when we watch horror movies, with the Hyungs. Our Maknae, is already too serious looking. Now, he’s all disturbing? Why do you think I’m the visual maknae? I’m cute and sweet. Noona, you better find a boyfriend like that. I don’t want you to marry some creepy weirdo, arasseo?”

“Arasseo.” She giggled, and kissed the top of his head.

Changjo smirked.

“Wait, Ricky-ya, ______ Noona has a guy in mind?” he asked.

Ricky held up two fingers.

“Two of them?!” Changjo exclaimed, loudly.

“Yah, Yoo Changhyun, shut up before I sent you to bed without dinner.”

“Oh, did I say two?! I meant, ‘PEACE OUT!~’…” Ricky said, quickly saving himself.

"Aigoo..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

Yang Yoseob should be on a caffeine high, more often, hmm? XD

Kikwangie is jealous?

Aah, I got it! It's because he wants Yoseobie, right? XD hahaha

 

 

↑↑↑

oh...i guess so....XD