Chapter 40

Friendly Competition

 

 

 

 

Yoseob went to hang out with Ricky before work.

He had become so attached to the kid and liked being with him.

"I want to get a job too." Ricky whimpered eyeing a flyer for 'Help Wanted'.

Yoseob looked up at him in shock.

"Mworago? What did you say?"

"Hyungnim...." The boy pouted. "I think J should go out and get a job."

Yoseob sighed.

'______ is going to freak out if she hears.' He thought. He was concerned about what her reaction would be.

"It's about time, I think."

"Have you discussed this with your Noona?" Yoseob asked.

Ricky stared awkwardly at his drink as he stirred it.

"Aniyo..." He mumbled. He looked at Yoseob. "Hyungnim, I was kind of hoping you could-..."

"Yah, Ricky, are you try into get Hyungnim into trouble? If I were to bring this up to your Noona, she'd dump me and we'd never be able to hang out again."

"ANDWAEYO! That can't happen!"

"Of course not." Yoseob chuckled. "What would we do without our 'one on one, brotherly bonding time'?"

"I can't handle that!"

Yoseob patted his head.

"Nado. You're someone that means a lot to me." He laughed. "Tell me, though, what made you consider these thoughts? Why do you feel like you need to get a job right now? You're young still."

Ricky nodded.

"Arasseo...." He sighed. "Hyungnim, I know that I'm young. Noona was my age and she had like three jobs."

"YAH, YOO CHANGHYUN, Don't you dare consider taking on three jobs. Your Noona is a crazy person." Yoseob exclaimed. He blushed a bit.

Ricky snickered.

"Hyungnim...."

"Don't tell her that I said that!"

The younger boy just smiled and motioned 'zipping his lips shut'.

"I won't."

"I just mean that she put a lot of stress on herself."

"That's exactly why I should get a job. I want to lessen Noona's load. I'm old enough to get a job. If I get a job, Noona can rest a bit more."

Yoseob smiled.

"I get what you're trying to say, Ricky."

"You do?" Ricky said hopefully. "I knew Hyungnim would understand where I'm coming from."

Yoseob sighed.

"I do understand BUT...I also know that Yoo Changhyun is Yoo ______'s precious Dongsaeng. Uri ______ie wouldn't give in so easily unless it’s something that wouldn't be too strenuous."

"Hyungnim, I'm in middle school, I don't know some of those words."

"Mian, I mean not using too much energy and strength. If you could be injured, that's out of the question."

"Hyungnim!~~~" Ricky whined. "Of course I wouldn't do something like that. I'd do something that I'm good at."

"Maybe dancing? Kikwangie could, possibly, take you under his wing."

"That would be DAEBAK!"

Yoseob smiled.

"Remember to ask your Noona first! I seriously, don't need her mad at me."

"Promise!"

Yoseob looked at his watch and stood up.

"Aah, speaking of not making her mad at me...I need to get going."

"Hyungnim is headed to work now?"

"I am. I'll just practice my parts while ______ie is shooting the last few scenes. Want to tag along? As long as you're quiet and keep on your best behavior, it should be fine."

Ricky smiled.

"CALL~"

“Plus, the Director knew your parents…”

“CHEONGMAL?!?!” Ricky exclaimed. “He knows Noona too?”

“He does.”

“Hmm…I wonder if he knew me too.”

They headed out the door together.

Meanwhile, at the studio, Jaehyo was getting into his next outfit and he saw someone out of the corner of his eye.

‘Lee Jieun? What the heck is SHE doing here?’ He thought. "Is she going to make another scene?"

"Jaehyo-ya, are you talking to yourself?" ______ teased.

He nodded his head in the direction Jieun went.

______  looked over and saw her.

"Her." he muttered.

"What is she doing here?!"

He shrugged.

"Molla! I just saw her walk in. The security let her in?!"

"Yah, she's not public enemy number 1." ______ rolled her eyes.

"You sure? She could really mess this up for you."

_____ smiled.

"Aww...thanks for worrying about me, Jae. I'm more worried about Yoseobie though."

"Wae?"

"Can you imagine having a partner who just walked out like that?"

"He must be angry, huh?"

______ nodded.

"Yeah...."

"So, why aren't you cheering him up? Shouldn't you be making him happy? Get his mind off of bad things."

"Awwww...I love how smart you can be....sometimes."

"Yah..."

Jieun walked over when she saw ______.

"Jieun-ah, I thought you quit. What are you even doing here?" Jaehyo asked.

"I just wanted to speak to the Director.” She said looking between the two friends. “You two look awfully cozy. Yoo ______, aren't you dating Yoseob Oppa?"

"Of course she is." Jaehyo said with a smile.

"Cheongmal? Jaehyo Oppa, are you really okay with that?"

"Mwoya? Wae? Why wouldn't I be?" He asked.

He was confused.

"Because you like her."

"Mworago? Aniya! No I love her, there's a difference. We're friends and that's it."

He looked at ______.

She smiled.

"Best friends."

"What about Kikwang Oppa then?" Jieun pushed.

"WHAT ABOUT HIM?" A voice came from behind.

They turned to see Yoseob there.

He looked annoyed.

"Oppa…."

"Yoseob-ah...”

Yoseob stomped over there angrily.

"What does Lee Kikwang have to do with anything that is going on here? This is work now somewhere to start drama. We don't need a scene other than the one that ______ie and Jaehyo-ssi are shooting for." He said coldly. "Why are you even here?"

"I need to speak to the director"

"Psh! Why would you bother? It won't make a difference." Yoseob scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Waeyo? Why would Oppa think that it won't change anything?"

"It won't make a difference because you messed up. Don't be too confident thinking you could do it because I highly doubt it. Director-nim, made up his mind and has taken you out. No more excuses will be considered."

"Oppa why are you so cold? Yoseob Oppa is a nice person! What is ______-ssi, doing to you?!" Jieun growled eyeing ______.

Yoseob stepped in front of his girlfriend, as if to protect her from the imaginary daggers flying towards her.

“She hasn’t made me this way. I became this way because of you. Stop showing up in front of me, and insulting my girlfriend each time you do it.”

______ spotted her brother walking through the door.

“C-Changhyunnie?!” she exclaimed running over to him.

“Another guy? Wow!~ They are just coming out of thin air now.”

Yoseob glared at her.

“What are you doing here?”

“We went out for breakfast and I didn’t want to give up yet.” Ricky grinned.

“Aigoo…are you going to be quiet and stay still while you’re here?”

“I already made a promise to be on my best behavior.”

“Oh, who is this handsome young man?” the director asked, not noticing Jieun’s presence yet.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Ahjussi! My name is Yoo Changhyun.”

The director stopped and looked at ______.

“This is…?”

______ smiled and nodded.

She lovingly wrapped her arms around the boy.

“Mhm…Uri Changhyunnie has grown to be so handsome, hasn’t he?”

“He looks like your Abeoji. He’s the spitting image.” The director said in shock.

“I must be handsome then, hmm?” Ricky joked. “Aah, Ahjussi, you knew my Appa? Noona, is this the Director?”

______ nodded.

“He is.”

“Ahjussi, Please take good care of my Noona.” Ricky bowed respectfully. “Also, Yoseob Hyungnim, and Jaehyo Hyung.”

“Of course, I will. I cherish these three. Aigoo, such a polite boy!”

“Noona raised me well, didn’t she?” Ricky said proudly.

Director smiled.

“Your parents were dear friends of mine. They’d be so proud to see the two of you now. Such good looking siblings, and doing so well on their own.”

Ricky nodded.

“I know that Appa and Umma would be glad to see Noona singing again.”

“They would!” the Director chuckled. “You both take after your parents. We owe a lot to Yang Yoseob-ssi, for convincing her to do this.”

“Isn’t Hyungnim the greatest?!” Ricky squealed. “Next to Noona, Yoseob Hyungnim is my favorite person.”

“Next to me? You’re like a suction cup when it comes to him.”

“I’m just happy that my Noona is happy.” He said looking over at where Yoseob was.

The Director and ______ followed his gaze.

That’s when he noticed her.

“______ie?”

“Ne?” ______ replied.

“What is going on over there?”

“Yoseobie is angry because Jieun-ssi showed up.”

“She’s not supposed to be here.”

The director went over there.

“Lee Jieun-ssi, you are no longer under my employment.” He said.

They all looked at him.

______ went to Yoseob’s side.

“Gwaenchana?” she asked.

He smiled at her.

“Director-nim…I was hoping we could talk.”

“You had a chance. I gave you one but you just walked out the door. We already had to tweak a lot of things because you left. Do you know the inconvenience you caused us? Since you walked out the door, without permission and no emergency…it’s inexcusable. We got things on a roll again and I would like to keep it that way.”

Jieun frowned.

“So…you replaced me already?” she asked.

“Of course, we couldn’t sit around waiting. ______ie already filled that spot.”

Jieun’s expression went from sad to incredibly pissed off.

She was back to glaring daggers at ______.

“______-SSI?!?! HER?! Why did you pick her?!”

“She was picked because I suggested it? You mad?” Yoseob taunted her a bit more.

“Jieun-ssi, I think you should leave. There isn’t anything more for me to say to you.” The director said.

After Jieun left, things calmed down a bit.

Ricky blinked in confusion.

“I’m so glad that’s done and over with.” Yoseob said.

“Mhm!~” ______ nodded in agreement.

“What happened? Who was that girl?” Ricky asked.

Yoseob shook his head.

“Don’t worry about it.” He told him. “So you met the Director?”

“YES!~ He told me that I was handsome.”

______ rolled her eyes.

“That’s not all he said.” She shook her head in embarrassment. “He said you look like Appa.”

“Mhm, I know I do. That’s why I’m so handsome.”

______ looked at Yoseob.

“Yoseob-ah, YOU brought him here.” she giggled. “You can have him.”

“I accept you, kiddo!” Yoseob chuckled.

“Changhyunnie, you’d rather hang out with him than me anyway, right?”

“RIGHT!”

“…..”

“N-Noona, I just meant that…I don’t want to sit and watch you get your hair and makeup done. I love you the most!”

“Don’t lie, you love Yoseobie more than me.” She giggled. “Fine, I’ll be in there soon.”

She shook her head and walked out the door.

After her shoot she came back.

“That was fast.” Yoseob chuckled. “Didn’t trust me with him?”

“Other way around.” She said. “I didn’t trust HIM with YOU. I bet you two have your secrets already, hmm?”

The boys looked at each other.

“No~~”

“Mhm…I bet.” She said not believing them one bit. “I’ll let it go though. I like the fact that you two are that close. Now, Changhyunnie, I need to take back the boyfriend of mine you’ve been borrowing.”

She smiled and slipped on her headphones.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________

Awwww...isn't Yoseobie the best Hyung to Ricky?

and GOOD RIDDANCE to Lee Jieun. XD

Lets all dance like Yoseob!

 

or not... XD kekeke