Disappointed.

[on indefinite hiatus] The Missing Princess

BGM: Busker Busker - Cherry Blossom Ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXV7dfvSefo

 

Chapter 9

Disappointed.

 

When you woke up your parents were not around as usual. You had hoped to have breakfast with your mom since she was back but it seemed like it wasn’t going to happen.

You entered the dining room and the disappointment was apparent on your face when you did not see your mom around. Kyungsoo smiled at you with a spatula in his hands.

“Princess, I made some pancakes. I just learned how to make them but I think I am pretty good at them-“

You blinked once and let out a sigh, ignoring Kyungsoo. “I’m going to school.” You your heels and headed to the door.

Kyungsoo pouted while Kai glared after you. “What’s gotten into her, again? Miss Bitc-“

“Watch your language. Maybe she is sad about something.” Suho reasoned.

Kai rolled his eyes. “Then she must be sad about something every second because she is y every second.”

“Let’s go.” Baekhyun pointed to Lay. It was Lay’s turn to be your personal bodyguard today.

“Oh God why me?” Lay said dramatically before exiting the dining area with Baekhyun. The rest of the boys laughed at Lay’s misery.

 

 

You were already sitting inside the car with your arms crossed and glaring. Baekhyun got in to the driver’s seat and Lay sat beside him at the passenger’s seat.

“Good morni-“ Baekhyun started.

“What took you so long? I’m so going to blame you if I am late to class.” You murmured.

Lay glanced at the clock of the car. “It’s only 7:30AM you don’t have class until after 8:30AM” He reasoned.

“Whatever.” You rolled your eyes. You were still disappointed about your mom. She probably had work to do but couldn’t she wait? She had been gone for a while it would have been nice to have breakfast with her.

 

Soon you arrived on campus and walked towards your first class’ building. Once your class was over you found Hyosung and chatted with her while sitting at one of the benches outside the building.

“Let’s walk to our next class. It’s a 10 minute walk from this building.” Hyosung said standing up.

“Okay.” You stood up and glanced around. You looked at the appearance of the new bodyguard. Kris was standing beside Lay and telling him something. I thought I was supposed to have only two stuck by me a day! UGH!

Hyosung followed your gaze and smiled. “That tall one is really good looking.”

“Whatever.” You rolled your eyes.

“But that other one, Baekhyun was his name? He is a mega cutie, too.” She smirked.

You glared at her. You did not know why you suddenly felt angry at her for checking out Baekhyun. “He is not cute AT ALL.” You emphasized.

“Fine geez.” Hyosung rolled her eyes with a smirk. Right when both of you started to walk when a man ran past you two in a hurry and grabbed Hyosung’s purse in process. Before she could even comprehend what happened her purse was stolen.

There was another lady shouting behind for people to catch the man that stole her purse.

Hyosung’s eyes widened.”MY PURSE. MY PURSE OETTOKHAE!! HELP!”

“Shouldn’t you go catch the thief?” Lay looked up at Kris.

“Why should I? Don’t they have security or police on this campus?”

“You’re the fastest one out of us though.” Lay reasoned.

“My job is to protect the princess no one else.”

“Goddamit. Just go get the purse!” Baekhyun cursed.

“Fine!” Kris sprinted forward and when no one was looking he flew upwards and in between the trees to hide himself. He found the culprit still running. Kris ascended down in front of him.

The guys eyes widened in shock. “What the hell are you?!”

“That’s none of your concern. Now give me the purse.” He held out his hand. The guy was shaking in fear and exhaustion but did not want to give up without a fight.

He started running towards the left but Kris easily blocked him. “Purse.” He grabbed both of the pursed from his hand and then punched him in the face in one swift motion, knocking him unconscious.

 

He walked back to where you and everyone else were at. He walked slowly as if he was a model on a runway causing you to roll your eyes. You then noticed the purses in his hands and your eyes widened in surprise. You did not expect him to get them so fast.

He gave the purse to the other lady then approached Hyosung. “Here you go.” He did not even look at her.

“Thank you SO much!” Hyosung’s eyes were glistening with tears actually which surprised you but then again her life was in that purse so it made sense. What did not make sense was her next actions. Hyosung threw her arms around Kris and gave him a big hug. Kris turned red at the interaction but tried to keep his poker face on.

“What are you-“ Kris was about to protest but she cut him off.

“Thank you so much! You’re my hero!” She exclaimed and hugged him even tighter.

You snickered at the sight and how uncomfortable Kris looked. You looked past them and locked eyes with Baekhyun who was snickering in amusement as well. You smiled at him unconsciously but looked away when you realized what you were doing.

“Hyosung let go of him for God’s sake.” You turned to your friend. “So what happened to the thief?” You asked Kris without glancing at him.

“Oh” Kris let out a deep breath as Hyosung let go. “He is unconscious over there by the biology building. Oi Kai go tell the security to get the dude!” He shouted. Kai was in the crowd that was huddled around at the scene.

“Kai? Where?” By the time you followed Kris’ gaze Kai was long gone. What the hell I don’t see him. You tilted your head in confusion. Your gaze landed on your wristwatch.

“OH SHOOT!! We are soo late for World Politics!” You grabbed Hyosung’s hand and started running towards class.

“Oh not again.” Baekhyun sighed as he and Lay chased after you in hurry.

 

 

After your classes you headed home. One of the maids opened the door. You smiled at her, “Is my mom at home?”

“Um…” The maid looked around nervously. “She won’t be back for a few hours. She has some meetings to attend.” She explained knowing how disappointed and sad you would get.

You bit your bottom lip in annoyance and your heels. You walked back towards the car. Lay was already inside so it was only Baekhyun who was about to park the car.

“Don’t bother parking. I’m going out.” You stated.

“Oh.” Baekhyun looked at you in concern as if he could read your worries. “Let me go get Lay-“

“Don’t. I want to be alone.” You stated. Baekhyun did not look convinced.

You sighed and pushed back your pride. “Please.”

Baekhyun sighed as well. “Fine.” He got in the driver’s seat and you sat at the back. “Where are we going?” He asked.

“Anywhere. Just drive.” You stated, looking out the window. You really felt like crying. It that you did not have your family around all the time. You were always surrounded by strangers in the house, be it the maids or the security. Your parents never seemed to be around. You were really hoping to be with your mom this time.

Baekhyun stopped the car. You looked out the window and realized that you were by the Han River. Baekhyun had stopped at the part nearly under the bridge, by the water.

You rolled down the window and stuck your head out, feeling the breeze with a bitter smile. You opened the door and stepped out. You walked towards the railings and placed your arms on them, looking down. You close your eyes and felt the night breeze. It felt relaxing and nice.

After a few moments Baekhyun appeared beside you. “Are you feeling better?” He asked softly.

“Yes,” You looked at him and smiled softly. “Thank you.”

Baekhyun stared at you with gentle eyes, but was clearly taken aback at your change of attitude. “Ah,” He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “No problem. As long as you’re feeling better…” He trailed off and looked away with a smile.

You realized how his eyes turned into crescent moon and how bright his smile was under the moonlight. What the hell are you thinking? Aish why was I being so nice to him?! You shook your head and patted your cheeks which were turning red to get your senses back together.

He looked back at you. “ Are you okay?” He asked in concern.

“Yes, let’s go home.” You walked back towards the car, hugging your arms. The ride to home was quiet which was normal since you did not talk much but Baekhyun felt like starting a conversation this time.

“If it’s okay, can I ask you what was concerning you?” He said softly.

You looked at his eyes which were reflected through the rear mirror. You parted your lips to answer him, but then stopped. Why am I getting so personal with a freaking bodyguard?! “It’s none of your concern.”

Baekhyun wasn’t expecting much of an answer from you so he did not push it. He knew that it would take a while to break your walls. It seemed like the moment you were about to open up to them you would remember and build up your walls again. Why is she so difficult? He frowned in concern.

 

 

Once at home you headed to your room. You took out a novel and read it until someone knocked on your door.

“I’m sleeping!” You replied with annoyance.

“Then how come you are responding back?” Your mother chuckled slightly and entered your room.

“Umma!” You exclaimed happily at the sight of her. “Where were you the whole day?”

“Sorry sweetie. I had to attend some meetings. But I am here now aren’t I?” She smiled at you and climbed into your bed.

“Come here,” She opened her arms. “Do you want to sleep with omma like the old times?” She said softly.

You nodded happily and hugged your mom tighter.

 

 

Meanwhile Exo members were in their room at the basement hanging out. Basement was their bedroom but it was big and spacious and had bunk beds that were pretty luxurious, that is as luxurious as bunk beds can go.

Chanyeol was reading a manga about pirates laying down on his bed and holding his book up. Xiumin and Luhan were trying to learn chess and everyone else was doing their own thing.

“Did you guys get to talk to the president and his wife today?” Chen asked Kris.

Kris rolled his eyes. “No they were both out the whole day. Aish this just taking too long.” He frowned.

“Yes, it is.” Suho said, “But patience is the key. We have to wait for the right time. I don’t think the princess is emotionally ready for the news yet.”

“Oh please the only emotion she has is moody that’s all.” Kai said.

“Ah don’t be mean to noona. She can be nice, too.” Sehun defended.

“Noona?” Kai smirked. “What the hell Sehun?”

Oops. She told me not to call her that in front of others. Oh well…” He looked around in guilt.

“Since when have you guys been so close to be having secrets?” Luhan smiled, amused.

“Since I went to wake her up a few days ago.” He explained.

“You better tell us what happened.” Chanyeol pestered.

“Oh boy…” Sehun shook his head in annoyance while Tao smirked at the desperation of the other maknae.

“Forget me! Ask Baekhyun where he went off to with the Princess today!” Sehun pointed.

Baekhyun looked at them, surprised at how fast the conversation turned towards him with the eleven pairs of eyes staring at him expectantly.

“Nowhere important. Ah, I’m sleepy,” He yawned and laid on his bed. He opened up his palm and the lights in the room flickered off. “Go to sleep.”

“Aww man.” Xiumin frowned, disappointed. With that everyone headed to sleep as well.

---

A/N: Annyeong everyone!~ I updated faster this time. Well I am trying to stay awake to stream the Gayo Daejun's and today is KBS Gayo Daejun which will air at 5:50AM here... in like 2 hours... So I typed this chapter up last hour so there might be some typos my head is not fully awake yet >.<

Also the song might not really suit all of the chapter but I was listening to it while typing this up so yeah...

:):) Anywhow have a wonderful day :D

cr: the gifs or images do not belong to me :D