The Source

[on indefinite hiatus] The Missing Princess

BGM: EXO- Lucky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWGRQoMbcwM

Chapter 16

The Source

 

A month had passed by since Hyosung’s birthday. It was only a month until your birthday which meant your departure to Exo Planet was coming up. It was the day that you were dreading. Kris looked at you and knew that you were dazing in class as usual.

“Are you even listening to me?”

“Yeah of course.” You answered. Kris was to teach you on what it meant to be a royal in EXO planet and what your responsibilities were.

“Then what is the national color of Exo?” Kris asked.

“Umm… navy blue?”

“No, it’s white.” Kris crossed his arms. “Where is your head Yeon Woo?”

“I’m just… I don’t know. I’m fine really.” You mumbled.

“Doesn’t look like it.” Kris raised an eyebrow.

“I’m fine seriously.” You were anything but fine. You were not mentally ready to leave Earth forever just yet. “Anyways why do you always say EXO Planet don’t you guys have countries and so on? How can I rule over a whole planet?”

“We don’t have countries or continents. Unlike what happened on earth millions of years ago, Exo still has one big land mass with tiny islands and the rest is the oceans.”

“Ah I see,” You nodded. You weren’t fit to be a leader let alone a queen to a whole planet. You frowned.

“You’re really distracted today. Just go to your lesson with Baekhyun you need to find the source of your powers soon.” He smiled.

“Sure. Thanks Kris.” You smiled at him and left the room to look for Baekhyun.

 

After searching for a bit you found him outside in the garden sitting on grass and reading. He grinned without looking up.

“Princess, come sit here.” He patted to the empty spot in front of him. You did as told and sat across him with your legs crossed.

“So, “He looked up, “Are you up for your lesson?” Have you practiced enough?”

“I do practice but nothing happens. I really don’t think anything is going to happen before my birthday.” You frowned

“You’re strong you should be able to find the source of your power.”

“You keep on saying I need to find the source what is that source?”

“It’s inside you. It’s like a burning flame in your heart that helps you radiate the world with your powers.” Baekhyun opened up his palms and bright light radiated through them. He winked at you with a smile. “Now you try.”

“Okay,” You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. Focus Yeonwoo, focus. You could feel a tiny spark inside you but it just wasn’t enough. You gritted your teeth as you forced yourself, your mind, to exude your power but it just wasn’t enough.

“I can’t do this.” You sighed and opened your eyes and found Baekhyun staring at you with a warm gaze.

“Yes you can.” Baekhyun glanced around uneasily before he scooted closer to you and grabbed a hold of your hands. Your eyes widened at the sudden contact. He turned your hands so your palms were turned upwards. “These hands will hold great power one day, I’m sure of it.” He grinned.

“I- I doubt it.” You mumbled, not meeting his gaze.

“Trust me, you will.” He held your hands tighter and in that moment you really sincerely wanted to trust him completely.

 

 

Unknown to Exo, The Princess’ previous kidnappers were making plans on how to attack once more.

“From what I have learned she is still powerless. We have to attack before her birthday if you want to stay safe though.” The tallest one stated.

“Why?” Their leader questioned.

“I heard some of the idiots talking and they said her powers will be unleashed on her birthday.”

“Then we don’t have much time. Her birthday is coming up; we have to finish her off for good before that.” The baby faced one smirked.

“Then we can rule over Exo.” Their leader smiled.

 

 

A shiver ran down your spine and you shuddered causing Tao to stop telling you a story excitedly. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I just felt chilly for a moment.”

“Hmm, ok! Anyways so the idiot Sehun of course got us caught.” Tao continued. After your lesson with Baekhyun you were having lunch with the maknaes.

“Hey it wasn’t my fault. If you had stopped the time then we could have ran off with all those extra food.” Sehun grumbled. Tao was telling you a story of their time during their training to be the Royal Guards of EXO.

“We were still getting trained. I would have ended up freezing you in time, too.” Tao argued.

“Wait,” You cut in, “It even took you guys time to control your powers? It wasn’t just like that since birth?”

“What?” Sehun laughed. “Of course not. You have to train hard to control and discover your powers. For some it comes naturally but most of us had to train for long.”

“For example,” Tao pointed at Chanyeol who had just walked in, “Chanyeol had complete control over his powers ever since it was discovered, surprisingly. If he didn’t he probably would have burnt down half the planet by now.” Tao laughed.

Chanyeol who was passing by, whacked Tao’s head with a tray he found on the table. “Shut up.” He said and continued walking.

“Hey! What was that for?!!!” Tao went after him.

You shook your head, grinning. Learning that even the strongest of the planet, Exo members, had problems with their powers in the beginning given you hope that you could one day unleash your own powers as well.

 

 

Meanwhile Kris and Suho were at the president’s office which was something that they seemed to be doing a lot lately.

“So where is that necklace?” Kris demanded once again. “The emerald?”

“I told you it’s in a safe in a bank. I have to go get it myself.” The president sighed.

“When can you get it?” Suho wondered.

“We need to hand it to the princess before her birthday.” Kris mentioned.

“I’ll go get it when my schedule is free. Boys, I’m the President. I’m busy. Now if you will excuse me I have to worry about my own country for a bit instead of your little planet.” Your father stated harshly.

“Just make sure it’s here before her birthday.” Kris stated once more before leaving your dad’s office.

 

After lunch you were sitting in  living room where you were hanging out with some of the Exo boys. They were talking to you more about powers and how they came to control and discover their own powers to be of help to you in some way.

“Having the power of the mind is the best.” Luhan was bragging. “See,” He let a glass of orange juice fly over towards him. “It makes life easier.”

“Yeah it’s the best power for lazy people.” Chanyeol cracked up and Xiumin high fived him.

“I’ll show you lazy when I make your face kiss this flying chair hard.” Luhan levitated the chair.

“Fine sheesh. Can’t take a joke can you?” Chanyeol frowned.

“You’re the one to talk.” Tao frowned. “My head is still sore!”

You shook your head in amusement at their bickering, it never seemed to end! It felt like you were getting closer to them when they let themselves open up around you. You hoped you would be able to assimilate with the people of Exo this well. 

 

---

A/N:  Hi guys I updated a bit faster this time. I know this was more like a filler chapter... anyways if any of you guys like Vixx you should check out my new story!~ I had it in my drafts forever so I gave in and decided to publish it :)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/522290