Curiosity Killed the Cat

[on indefinite hiatus] The Missing Princess

BGM: Henry- Trap 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsXB5eRMRno

 

Chapter 12

Curiosity Killed the Cat

 

You were sitting in the living room, wrapped up in your blanket watching TV mindlessly. Tonight’s events were too much for you. How could your bodyguards be aliens with superpowers? That was insane.  You were still shaking with fear under that blanket. But then again no one would blame you for getting scared, it was crazy. One can only take so much after getting kidnapped then rescued by aliens. 

You felt the cushions of the sofa sink beside you. You stopped staring at the television absentmindedly and glanced at your intruder. Oh… You felt like inching away from him as much as possible, he wasn’t normal, no one was.

“How are you doing?” Baekhyun asked carefully and slowly in order to not tick you off.

“What do you think?” You asked in response.

“Well, princess, I know it’s a lot to take in one night but one day it will all make sense. I’m not… we’re not that different from you.”

“Oh yeah, not different. The only tiny itsy bitsy difference is I can’t throw fireballs out of my palms.”

“I can’t do that either. That’s Chanyeol.” Baekhyun tried to joke but you did not laugh. You could see his care and concern in his eyes but you decided to only see it as pity. You did not like people pitying you.

“Anyhow,” You crossed your arms. “You’re just my bodyguard. Don’t get too personal with me. You should still know your place. You work for me and that’s it.” You tried to sound firm but you were only putting up this front because of fear. You feared Baekhyun and the remaining eleven freaks in your house.

“Oh, I’m sorry princess if I offended you.” Baekhyun stopped smiling and stood up. He bowed curtly and left you alone in the darkness. He remembered the reality. It wasn’t just this, when it is time to take you back to Exo Planet you and Baekhyun were bound to be in the same position. He was only a royal guardian. He could not possibly think of being friends or anything more with you.

You felt bad immediately for taking away his smile but you weren’t going to go after him and apologize. It just wasn’t you.

 

 

You woke up to the loud noises of your bodyguards in the house the next day. You got out of your bed groggily and headed to the common bathroom because the maids were cleaning the one in your room. Unfortunately for you the common bathroom was occupied as well. You opened the door and found the last person you wanted to see brushing his teeth.

How can someone look so charming and innocent while brushing their teeth?! You wondered, still half asleep before you came to your senses.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be using the one in the guards’ room?”

“There are 12 of us the line was kind of long.” He explained after he was done with brushing his teeth.

“Hmm, okay.” You nodded in understanding.

Baekhyun remembered what you told him the night before. “I’m sorry I acted out of my place. I won’t use this bathroom again.” He looked at you with sad eyes.

This was when guilt washed over you. “It’s… it’s okay. You can use it… I give you permission…” You mumbled, unsure.

I give you permission, what the hell Yeonwoo?! You cursed yourself in your head. That is not the way to apologize you reminded yourself. You just did not know how to apologize properly.

“No need. I won’t bother you again. I promise.” Baekhyun said firmly and left the bathroom for you to use.

Damn.

 

 

You walked around the mall in a daze with Hyosung by your side. She did not realize you blanking out every now and then since she was so busy shopping. You thought about everything. It was just too much to take in. Aliens were real. Of course you had read bunch of conspiracy theory books which mentioned the American President Roosevelt getting in contact with the UFOs or even crazy ones like how Hitler got help from Aliens to take over Europe. You always read those things as blasphemy.

Aliens were not real. They just couldn’t be. You knew it was ignorant to think that humans were the only living beings in the whole universe. Still…

And then there was Baekhyun. You had kind of connected with him before. At least you got along with him the most out of all your bodyguards. And now… you had screwed it up again. You always had trust issues. There was also your pride.

“Hyosung…” You pulled her arm to get her attention.

“Yes?” She said brightly without even glancing at you. She was busy ogling over a beautiful floral dress.

You rolled your eyes but smiled. “I’m not feeling too well. I’m going to head home.” You mumbled. You wanted to go home and properly apologize to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was back at home. Your dad’s driver had taken you over to the mall and Sehun was with you as your bodyguard.

“Sehun, let’s go.” You said but you could not see him anywhere.

Sehun appeared out of nowhere with a smile on his face. He had an ice cream cone in his hands. “This is really yummy you know you should try it noona.” Sehun stated.

“I’ve had that for the past 19 years of my life I don’t want any now. Thanks.” You replied. “Let’s go home.”

You walked outside the mall and frowned. It was really hot outside. You fanned your face with your hands as you walked to the car but it wasn’t helping.

Sehun saw this and smiled. He concentrated on his power and small breeze blew by you. “What-“ You looked at Sehun who was smiling at you mischievously. Sehun is one of them, too. How did I forget that for a moment?

“Um… thanks.” You said, unsure.

“No problem, noona.” He smirked and opened the car’s door. After making sure that you were seated he sat at the passenger’s seat.

 

 

Meanwhile Exo members and the president of South Korea were arguing in the Blue House as usual.

“We are telling her today and that’s it.” Kris said firmly.

“Look she is still in shock from yesterday. Give her some time.” The president tried to buy time.

“How about… NO?!” Kris practically growled and his eyes turned fire red for a moment, resembling a real dragon’s eyes.

“Look, she need to know that she is Exo’s princess and soon to be Queen. She needs to be trained. Her birthday is coming up. We don’t have much time.”

“You keep on saying training. What is this all about? Is she going to be trained on how to be a lady?” The president asked.

Suho sighed. “Well that, too but it’s not that necessary as she does not have a king. For now she is mainly going to be training for combat, figting, archery and ways to control her powers.”

“Her powers?”

“Yeah you might have seen it trigger here and there as she grew up but she is bound by the spell until her twentieth birthday. However since we are here it seems like the spell is weakening so her powers might unleash faster.” Luhan explained.

“Wait… you said she doesn’t have a king yet. Does that mean once she gets married she doesn’t have to do anything?”

“She surely won’t have as many responsibilities but she is still royalty. She cannot marry any random Exo citizen. The king has to be chosen from best of the best.” Chen told.

“I see.” The president nodded. “Wait… but didn’t you guys tell me that you twelve were the best of the best?”

“Yes.” Kris nodded.

“So you guys are here to win my daughter’s heart as well?”

“Oh no no no.” Lay shook his head. “Not all of us are as ambitious to be the king. It’s a huge responsibility, a burden really. She doesn’t have to fall for us or anything when the time comes she can choose one of us according to our powers and skills. Personally I would rather be the royal healer.” Yixing smiled.

“Basically majority of us won’t even try because of the responsibility.”  Suho stated.

“Also because her personality is so y.” Kai smirked.

“How dare you call my daughter that?!”

“My apologi---“ Kai started but was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

Twelve pairs of eyes looked up to see Sehun. “Well… excuse my language but we’re ed.”

“What?! Why?” Xiumin asked, standing up.

“The princess kind of just heard everything and ran outside.”

“OUTSIDE?! AND YOU DID NOT FOLLOW HER WHY?” Baekhyun shouted at the maknae.

Sehun pouted. “Hey I panicked okay. She looked so mad and vulnerable and scary at the same time.”

“Ugh.” Baekhyun formed fists with his hands to contain his anger. “I’m going to look for her. Kris and Kai it would be very nice if you could help as well.” Baekhyun stated and stormed off.

“Why does no one ever ask me for help?” Tao pouted.

Suho looked at the two pouting maknaes and sighed. “Sehun stop being sad, Baekhyun did not mean to be rude. And Tao it’s because you lose too much energy when you use your powers so it’s better to save it for a rainy day.”

“You sure they can find her?” The president asked, worried. Instead of a powerful president he looked like a helpless father right now.

“Of course. She probably didn’t even leave the house yet. Don’t worry.” Luhan assured the president.

 

---

 

A/N: Hi! You can get mad at me for being lazy. I've been meaning to update for a month now. My classes ended by the first week of may and I had all the time in the world but  I was just so lazy. I will try to update faster this time though. Since EXO is back I feel like writing again :)

I'm also working on a Vixx story for those starlights out there :) IF you don't know vixx you are missing out on a lot go check them out :D

Thanks for reading :):)