Heart to Heart

[on indefinite hiatus] The Missing Princess

BGM: SUG- きたないことば

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgz4uT7Pngk

Chapter 17

Heart to Heart

 

Just like any other normal day you attended school and spent time with your friends Hyosung and the other girls. Since Kris was not your assigned bodyguard of the day Hyosung’s mood had been down. Her crush on Kris seemed to be growing each day.

“I seriously don’t understand why you have such a big crush on him.” You shook her head with a small laugh. Deep inside you just did not want to see your friend get hurt. You knew for a fact that after your birthday party everyone including you would disappear from the face of earth.

“Well, he is tall, handsome, caring, strong, masculine…” She started listing off while counting with her fingers. “Do you want me to continue?”

“Nope, nope. Point taken.” You shook your hands.

“I think this bodyguard is better looking that Hyosung’s little crush.” Jieun glanced towards Lay with a shy gaze.

“Hmm,” You glanced back at Lay. He was definitely one of the kinder ones. He knew how to use his cuteness and his dimples to his advantage to woo the ladies however.  “Maybe.” Your eyes drifted to Baekhyun that was talking to Lay.

Unknown to you Jieun and Hyosung nudged each other, staring at you and Baekhyun with a knowing grin.

“I think someone here has a bigger crush on someone than me.” Hyosung smirked.

“What? Who?” You asked, totally falling for her bait.

“Someone here has the hots for Baekhyun it seems.” Hyosung nodded.

Who?” You asked, curious. You suddenly felt overprotective.

“It’s you, silly.” Jieun beamed.

“Wh-what?” You shook your head in denial. “Haha, no, nope. You’re just imagining things. I don’t.”

“If you say so.” Jieun said but did not sound convinced.

“I know so.”

 

 

After your talk with your friends you felt edgy for the rest of the day. Do I really have a crush on Baekhyun? Immediately his smiling face flashed in your mind. Yes he did have a dazzling smile and a way with words that knew just the way to comfort you. He did have a kind heart and a fun personality. You did feel the closest to him amongst all the other Exo bodyguards you had… but surely you did not like him like that.

“Princess? PRINCESS!” Baekhyun shook your shoulder.

“Huh?” You looked up at him.

“Your class is over. If you are done daydreaming we can head to the car.” Baekhyun grinned.

“I wasn’t daydreaming.” You blushed deeply.

“Of course not.” Baekhyun flashed his pearl white teeth before grabbing your hand to pull you up. Your heart fluttered at the contact but you knew how to ignore it.

 

 

The car stopped in front of the Blue House. You stepped into the house and was surprised with the smell of freshly cooked dinner. Curiously you headed towards the dining room. Your eyes widened at the sight of your parents sitting at the dinner table, waiting for you. They were always so busy with work that you never really had a chance to see them properly but now here they were, in front of you.

“Don’t you guys have work?”

“Not tonight.” The president smiled.

“Now go wash up and come back here.” The first lady urged.

Obediently you did as told and seated yourself at the table. “Aren’t EXO eating with us?” You asked, the table felt empty without the loud twelve boys.

“Since when did staff eat with us?” Your mother questioned sounding stern but her eyes were smiling. “I told them I wanted some alone time with my daughter.”

With that you ate your dinner with your parents after a long time and talked about the most random things like a normal family.

After dinner your mother pulled you towards your room with your dad following behind.

“I have something to give you.” Your mother pulled you towards your bed for you to sit down.

Your dad took out what seemed like a jewelry box. Opening it he revealed a bright green emerald necklace. It was not too bit but it still had a presence.

“ Wow, it’s beautiful.” You stared at the necklace. You weren’t the type to be easily entranced by jewels but something about this necklace pulled you closer to it as if it was calling for you.

“Right? You had it when you were brought to us.” Your mother explained slowly.

“Oh.”

 “Apparently it is a royal jewelry, some kind of a power key for Exo citizens and is very important. At least that’s what Suho said.” Your father explained. “You can have it back now since you are old enough.”

Suddenly you did not want the necklace anymore. You did not really want anything belonging to Exo’s royalty. It just meant that it belonged to the parents who were able to give you up so easily.

“Would you like me to put it on for you?” Your father offered with a bittersweet smile.

“No. I think I need some time.” You looked down.

“Oh sweetheart.” Your mother hugged you tightly.

“I don’t want to go.” You felt as if something was stuck in your throat, making it harder for you to talk. You knew you would be crying any second.

“I know sweetie, I know but you have to go.”

“Why? Why can’t I just stay here?”

“You have responsibilities now, all those people who are waiting for you. You will understand what it is like to look after so many people.” Your father reasoned.

“Your parents are also waiting for you.” He added. You started crying at that.

“They are not my parents. I do not need a new family.”

“Sweetie we will always be your parents and wait for you right here. You can visit us whenever you want. I will always be your mom.” Your mom your hair softly. You sobbed harder into her chest. You just hoped that her words were true because you really could not live without visiting your parents and friends on a regular basis.

 

---

A/N: Hi guys!!~ So I have a few requests... I would be really happy if you could upvote this story it would mean a lot to me :)

Also if you like Vixx or BTOB check out my new story here:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/522290/strange-case-of-medusa-academy-fantasy-romance-you-btob-sungjae-vixx-ravi