That Wasn't A Dream?

[on indefinite hiatus] The Missing Princess

 

Chapter 6

That Wasn't A Dream?

 

The next morning you got ready for your classes as usual and headed outside your room. You remembered last night’s events and dismissed it as your imagination. There was no way for you to have twelve freaking body guards. That was insane. It was most likely a nightmare- not reality. With a smile on your face you walked towards the gates where your car would be waiting for you as usual.

You did have your own car but you never got to drive it around freely because your father had assigned you a chauffeur. So you expected to see your old chauffeur Mr. Kim who was already having grey hair. But you were deadly wrong.

 

Some of Exo was waiting by your car. They were not wearing suits like regular security but were dressed in casual wear which was provided by your dad’s credit card.

Baekhyun was standing by the driver side of your car with Chanyeol at his side. Chanyeol had volunteered to be your personal body guard of the day. The rest of Exo already had gone to your University’s campus to get used to the area and blend in, like your father had explained.

Baekhyun was chosen as the driver because he was the only one who knew how to operate these “ridiculous earthly machines” as Kris put it.

“I don’t understand why you even bothered learning about these things,” Kris had told Baekhyun when Baekhyun volunteered for this job earlier in the morning.

“I’m sorry Kris but not all of us have the ability to fly,” Suho had said and placed a comforting hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Or teleporting skills for that matter.” Kai added in, appearing in front of everyone out of nowhere which had resulted in everyone scowling in distaste at the two members of Exo.

But that was end of the conversation. Now they had gone off to the campus while only Baekhyun and Chanyeol were left behind.

You stopped at the sight of these two aliens. You still did not know about the aliens part of course. No no, calm down there is only 2 of them not 12, you told yourself. Baekhyun held your door open for you and you slipped in with your poker face on.

“Good morning Princess,” Baekhyun flashed his dazzling smile before seating himself at the driver’s side. Chanyeol sat by his side at the passanger’s seat and turned backwards to face you with a wide grin.

“Did you have a good night’s sleep, Princess?” He questioned.

“Uh…” You did not know how to answer that. Mr. Kim never tried to start a conversation with you. So you just nodded with a grunt and gazed out the window to ignore his gaze. With a pout Chanyeol faced forward and did not try to start a conversation for the rest of the ride. Baekhyun shook his head in amusement at his best friend’s failed attempt at opening you up to them.

Why is she such a cold girl? Chanyeol continued to pout, crossing his arms. He had his own problems in the past but he never failed to put on a smile because being cold did not make things any better.

 

 

Once on campus Baekhyun parked the car and opened your door. You swiftly got out of the car and stood up on your heels gracefully without tripping. You glanced at your Fossil wrist watch. Your eyes widened in shock! 8:55AM! Your class would start in 5 minutes.

“Ugh! I am so gonna be late.” You frowned and started walking towards your Civilizations class as fast as you could through the crows of students.

“How can she walk so fast with her heels?!” Baekhyun complained, trying to catch up with you while dodging the humans walking around.

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s because she is stronger with the royal blood running through her veins and all.” Chanyeol suggested.

Baekhyun smacked his best friend's head which was rather difficult with Chanyeol being so tall and all. “Don’t be silly! Let’s go!” He pointed towards you and they rushed after you to the class.

You miraculously made it in time and found an empty seat near the back of the auditorium. Chanyeol and Baekhyun appeared behind you. Baekhyun sat at the empty seat next to you while Chanyeol had to sit at a few seats down the row.

The rest of EXO was scattered around the auditorium with the other 300+ students. They stood out in the crowd however, due to their good looks and being the new faces on campus. None of the females would have forgotten seeing these twelve hotties in the class so they stood out like a sore thumb no matter how much they tried to blend in.

“Why is everyone staring at us?” Sehun asked Suho who was sitting next to him.

“Because of our good looks of course.” Luhan answered with a flick of his hair and making his bangs fall perfectly on his forehead. Luhan was seated at the other side of Sehun.

Sehun rolled his eyes at his best friend. “Way to be so modest.”

The professor walked in right at that, causing the students to quiet down. The girls still tried to steal glances at the boys but at least they weren’t as loud as before.

You were aware of the whole female population of the classroom acting different but you did not know why. Sitting at the very back of the auditorium you could not really see people’s faces. You glanced around trying to figure out why everyone was acting weird.

Is that Toa or Tao whatever his name was? You glanced at the boy with jet black hair and sharp facial features. Is it that giant that gave me is jacket sitting next to him?

No no no NO NO! They were supposed to be figment s of your imagination! A dream! You shook your head, refusing to accept the fact that you actually had twelve bodyguards.

 

 

Once the lecture was over, you headed outside with Baekhyun and Chanyeol following you closely. You went over to the café to meet up with Hyosung. It was a usual thing for you two to meet after the first lesson and have a cup of coffee to open up your minds.

You saw her sitting at the café with her drink already on the table. You waved at her with a bright smile and she waved back. You went in line to get you coffee while the duo watched the place in amazement. The twelve boys of EXO had studied Earth and humans and how they ran things and lived but it still amazed them to see everything in action.

 You ordered your usual drink, white chocolate mocha. Despite being cold and blunt on the outside you still had a sweet tooth and could not take bitter drinks. Hyosung on the other hand was bubbly on the outside but she would always drink Americano which would cause you to frown at her in distaste.

You sat across Hyosung around the small circular silver table on one of the high stools. “Where did you disappear off to yesterday?” Hyosung scolded immediately.

“Long story,” You waved your hand around in dismissal. “I had to go home. Anyways not even a hello huh?” You smiled.

Hyosung narrowed her eyes at you. “You made me worried!”

“Hey hey, I’m sorry!” You pouted cutely.

“Aish, what am I going to do with you?” She sighed but smiled. Then, she eyed your new bodyguards with a smirk.

“Another group of hotties this time as well huh?”

“Another? Oh please my bodyguards are never attractive.” You shook your head but you knew that was not true. Your last bodyguard Lee Joon was an eyecandy and these twelve men were equally attractive. The problem was you hated your body guards too much to pay attention to their looks.

You looked across the cafe and saw Xiumin and Chen trying out different coffees and spitting out most of them for their bitter taste. On another side Lay was seated, reading the morning newspaper upside down because he was too busy keeping an eye on you.

With your finger you motioned for Chanyeol to come to you. He looked at Baekhyun in confusion before walking towards you.

“Yes Princess?” He asked, his eyes large with curiosity.

Hyosung giggled when she heard your nickname by these bodyguards. You shot her a look to shut her up.

“Exactly how many of you are there? By any chance… I don’t have 12 boydguards… do I?” You asked with fear.

Chanyeol gave you a look as if you had gone crazy. “We met yesterday remember? Of course there are twelve of us! They are all around the campus.” He explained.

You glanced around with a frown.  Hyosung gaped at you in surprise. 12 Bodyguards? Were they attractive like these two as well?

You fixed your compousure and expression before asking him another question. “Then why is it only you two by my side?”

“We will rotate each day since you don’t want all of us following you around… but Baekhyun will stay every day since he is the only one that knows how to drive.” He explained with a smile.

“I see.” You glanced at Baekhyun who was staring at you with curiosity. “You can go back now,” You told Chanyeol since he was still standing by your side leaning towards you. With that he left you and Hyosung alone once more.

“OMG!” She said in English. “You have 12 boydguuards? Wow Ahjussi has taken it too far now.”

“Tell me about it.”You sighed putting your head down on the table with your cheek touching the cold surface of it.

“Well… are they hot at least?”

You gave her a look. “NO! I mean kinda… I did not pay attention and I do not care.” You glanced at the clock on the wall. “! We’ll be late for the next class!” You shot up from your seat abruptly.

The EXO members lounging around the Café stopped what they were doing and stared at you in alarm wondering what was wrong.

“I’m late to class! Bye!” You grabbed your backpack.

“Wait! Come to Sunhwa’s house today after your classes! We’ll hang out.” Hyosung reminded you.

“Sure sure gotta go!!!~” You ran out of the café with Baekhyun and Chanyeol chasing after you.

 

---

 

A/N: So I haven't updated for around 10 days I am very sorry! I will try to update faster but I am very busy at the moment you can read my blog post about it here. I am actually going to work after posting this up and my school starts next Tuesday so I just have to start it to see when I would be having my free time to write and then the update will be more regular hopefully. So just bear with it for 2 weeks By September I should have things in order.

Also Thank you guys so much for subscribing and leaving comments! I just started this story and it already has 1000+ subbies! It really means a lot to me! THANK YOU <3

cr: not mine.