Accepting the Reality

[on indefinite hiatus] The Missing Princess

 

BGM: Boa Dont Know What To Say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBn3zo_q0mA

 

Chapter 13

Accepting the Reality

 

 

You ran as fast as your legs would take you. You stopped at the outer gates. You tried to catch your breath and try to understand everything that you had just heard. How could this be true? I can’t be an alien like them. I’m human, a normal human. I don’t want this.

Looking at the gate you met the guards ‘gaze. I won’t be able to leave this place. Then you remembered a nice hiding spot. The garden.

 

The garden was huge and it was dark outside. It would be hard for them to find you. You would be able to think properly there. You sat under a tree and leaned against its trunk. Then your tears came. It was unstoppable. Everything was horrible and the worst part was that your parents were not real. They had just taken care of you until it was time for you to go back to earth. They probably never properly cared for me.I hate this. Who are my real parents then? What am I?

There were too many questions in your head. That was why you did not notice the appearance of a figure standing in front of you. You cried and cried. After a while your sobs turned into muffled sounds and sniffles. You had no more tears left to shed.

 

You rubbed your eyes and was about to get ready to go back inside when a napkin appeared before your eyes.

“What the-“ You muttered and looked up to see the smiling angel’s face. You grabbed the napkin from his hands and wiped your tears away. “How long have you been here?”

“The whole time.” Baekhyun sat across from you on the grass.

“How did you find me?” You asked without meeting his gaze.

“Well I knew you wouldn’t be able to leave the house without setting off any guards or alarms.”

“And?”

“I have the power of light, did you think I wouldn’t be able to find you in this darkness? Give me some credit.” He smiled weakly.

You sniffled and met his gaze. “What am I?”

“Excuse me?”

“I think that’s a pretty legit question. What am I? If I’m an alien, what happens? Do I grow a second head or something? Are you all in disguise? I watched Doctor Who you know.”

Beakhyun laughed at that. “You appearance will not change. Exo citizens are very much like humans except they have powers. Exo is the parallel planet to earth. Everything is pretty similar with a few minor differences.”

“Hmm…” You thought. “Why did you guys lie to me? Why did you not tell me in the first place?”

“We wanted to, princess. We really did. Your father, the president, didn’t want you to be in shock so he wanted to reveal everything slowly.”

“What about my biological parents?” You asked.

“The king and the queen?” Baekhyun questioned. “The King is doing fine but the Queen is a bit weak. The last war did not do her any good. They are very excited to have you back though.”

“To have me back?! Why did they give me up in the first place?”

“To protect you.”

“Protect me?!” You scoffed at that.

“Princess it happened during the war. That was the only way to make sure that the enemy would not get a hold of you and murder you.”

“You talk like as if you were there.” You rolled your eyes.

“Well…”

“What?! How old are you then?”

“I’m 21 years old don’t worry. Time flies a bit different in Exo its slower while on Earth its faster. It’s just hard to explain.”

“Oh…”

You took a deep breath to calm yourself down. This was all too much. You had to show your parents that you were strong enough though. You couldn’t just run away now.

“When do we start?”

“Excuse me?” Baekhyun asked, puzzled.

“When do we start the training or whatever?” You asked looking away from him.

“You’re not going to protest or anything?” He questioned, standing up. He dusted off his pants and extended his hand towards you.

“What good will it do?” You held onto his hand and stood up. His hands felt warm against your cold ones.  You did not want to let go.

“None. Let’s go back home.”

“Okay.” You nodded. Baekhyun let go of your hands and fell into step by your side.

“Oh princess,”

“Yes?” You looked at him, your rubbed your hands to keep them warm.

“What is Doctor Who?”

“What—“ Oh you remembered the reference you made earlier. “Oh it’s just a TV show about aliens and such. You can watch it if you want. I have all the DVDs.” You offered him with a smirk.

“Sure. I would love to.” Baekhyun smiled, he felt like he was getting closer to you step by step.

Both of you stopped at the front doors of the Blue House. “Baekhyun-ssi?”

“Yes?”

“ I had actually come home early to talk to you. I wanted to….uhm… apologize for my behavior yesterday. I did not mean to be so rude and thank you.”

“Oh… What are you thanking me for?”

“For being the first person to check up on me, yesterday and today.” You bit your bottom lip.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled brightly. “Princess, if you don’t mind then please don’t call me Baekhyun-ssi. It’s too formal.”

“What do you want me to call you then?”

“Well what do people call each other here? That word… oppa?”

“You want me to call you Baekhyun…op…pa?” It felt weird to call him that.

“Yes,” He smiled, “If it’s okay with you that is.” He added quickly.

“Sure. It’s fine.” It shouldn’t be so hard to call someone oppa. I will be fine.

“Try to be nice to the rest of us by the way. They all actually care about you.”

“I can tell you at least two names that don’t care about me.” You smirked.

“I doubt it.” Baekhyun shook his head in amusement and opened the doors.

 

 

Everyone was huddled in the living room, with worried looks plastered on their faces. Baekhyun stopped smiling. Oops.

“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!” Kris roared.

“I’m sorry?” Baekhyun winced at Kris’ tone.

“You’re sorry? You couldn’t tell us that you had found her right?! Do you know how worried I,” Kris stropped and coughed, “we were?!”

“If it wasn’t for Kai telling us that he had spotted you two in the garden we could have still been searching for her!”

“I’m sorry. She was crying. I couldn’t just drag her back here like that!” Baekhyun snapped back.

You watched the boys of Exo argue with a stunned expression.

“STOP.” Tao stated. “You’re scaring her.” He frowned and placed his hands on your shoulders protectively.

“Yes, she is back safely and that’s what matters.” Suho agreed.

“Noona, let me take you back to your room.” Sehun said and grabbed your hand, dragging you out of the living room.

 

You and Sehun stopped ouside your room. “Ignore my hyungs. They  are just like that because they care about you.”

“Hmm…” You nodded. “Sehunnie you can go back. I’m fine. I’ll just go to sleep.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.” Oh that was a lie. You were anything but sure. You just hoped that sleep would help you calm down.

“If you say so…” Sehun said, unsure.

After changing your clothes you dived under your blankets and tried to sleep.

 

 

You woke up in the middle of the night sweating and breathing heavily from your nightmares. Not this crap again. Why am I having nightmares about death eater? I need to stop reading books. You shook your head.

You got out of the bed and took a shower. Then you went to the kitchen to make yourself an easy breakfast.

 

 

“WAH!!” You shouted at the dark figure in the kitchen.

“I’m sorry! Did I scare you?” Tao frowned and fussed over you like a worried mother. “Are you okay? Here, drink some water.” He gave his glass of water to you.

“I’m okay. Why are you up so early? The sun isn’t even up yet.”

“I always wake up first so that I can use the shower as much as I want.” He grinned.

“Nice.” You nodded and opened the fridge to see if there was any milk.

“Why are you up so early?”

“I couldn’t sleep.” You grabbed the milk and went into a search to find the bowls. “What are you going to be training me on?”

“What?” Tao asked, “Oh, I’m your martial arts teacher.” He smiled.

“Oooh nice.” You muttered. “How about we start our training today?”

“What? This early?”

“You are scared aren’t you? To lose against me. I’m a good fighter you know.”

Martial arts is not all about fighting Tao wanted to say but didn’t. “Of course not. I can win against you with my eyes close, and hands tied.” He smirked.

“Oh really? Then we can start training now. Well, after I finish my cereal.”

“Sure.” Tao nodded. You grabbed two bowls and made cereal for both of you. “Eat up.” You smiled at him. You hoped that kicking some alien would keep your mind clear and away from all the questions.

 

After two hours everyone else was awake and ready for the day. “What’s that noise?” Xiumin asked.

“Is Tao practicing Kung Fu so early in the morning?” Chen frowned.

“But it doesn’t sound like he is alone.” Lay wondered.

“Yeah true.” Luhan yawned.

“Let’s go check it out.” Chanyeol said excitedly and walked out the doors to the back yard.

There were you and Tao practicing martial arts. You were sweating a lot while Tao did not even look tired.

“C’mon princess. You can do better than that.” Tao taunted you after your fail kick towards him.

“Shut up and don’t you dare use your powers on me.”

“You wouldn’t even realize it if I used my powers your threats mean nothing.” He laughed, enjoying this.

You glared at him. “Aish you are so annoying.” You tried to punch him but he avoided it well.

“But of course you can be assured that I won’t use my powers on you. I don’t need to.” He stuck his tongue out.

By this time everyone was out in the backyard watching you two train.

“Tao that’s enough. It’s time for breakfast.” Kris called.

Tao stopped blocking your hits and looked at Kris. “Okay duizhang!” He called. Right at that moment you kicked behind his knees when h wasn’t looking and caused him to sway a bit.

“Heey!!!” Tao complained. “That’s  cheating!”

You stuck your tongue out at him. “Merong!~” You ran inside the house with Tao chasing after you.

Baekhyun smiled at the sight but was also worried. I’m glad that she is starting to get along with everyone else but it just feels weird that she accepted everything so fast. Is she really fine?

 

---

A/N: Hiii!~ Thank you so much for your lovely comments :) I Read each and every one of them. So I updated wayy faster this time :) YES! :D Thanks for reading :):)