Just a Bodyguard

[on indefinite hiatus] The Missing Princess

BGM: EXO- XOXO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGc1bYbfEsI

Chapter 15

Just a Bodyguard

 

You moved your face away from Wooyoung and he stumbled forward a bit instead. “See? This is why I cheated on you! You are such a prude. You will never ever get a boyfriend if you are like this. It doesn’t matter even if you are the president’s daughter.” He spat.

Your knees felt weak because of the shock, you did not deserve to be lectured by him.

“Is everything okay?” Kris appeared behind you and glared at Wooyoung. You sighed in relief and closed your eyes. A single tear slid down your cheek but you wiped it away before anyone else could see it.

“No.” You croaked.

Kris glared down at Wooyoung. “If I were you I would start running.” He glared.

“Who the hell are you? What happened to the previous guy? Oh so you won’t even kiss me, your ex boyfriend, but you are juggling around guys in your palm. Wow you have grown up Heo Yeonwoo.” Wooyoung smirked but his eyes were filled with hatred.

“That’s it.” Kris growled. You could see a vein pop on his forehead. Kris was furious.

“Whatever. I’m leaving.” Wooyoung glanced at Kris in fear and annoyance but walked away from you.

Kris grabbed your shoulders and turned you around to face him. “Are you okay, princess?”

“Yes, I just need to sit down.” You whispered. It felt right and nice to hear him call you princess. You did not want anyone else other than the Exo members to call you that.

A chair appeared beside you. You looked around to see Luhan in the distance levitating the chair towards you. You were just glad that he did not get caught.

“Who was he? Do you want me to fly him up and then drop him to the ground?”

You looked at him with wide eyes. “You would really do that?!”

“No.” He smirked a bit, “but if it is going to make you feel any better I could just go break his face.”

“It’s fine. And he is just someone from my past. Not important at all.”

“It sure did not seem like it.” Kris glanced at you sideways but did not push the topic.

Hyosung appeared right then. “Oh my gosh Yeonwoo I’m so sorry for inviting them. I heard what happened. Are you okay?”

“Yes, Kris saved me.” You said.

“Kris-ssi. You are really cool you know.” Hyosung grinned.

“I guess I am.” He grinned back. You had never seen Kris smile properly before. He has the same gummy smile as Hyosung.

“Oh gosh even your smiles are identical. You two are perfect for each other.” You smiled and teased them.

Hyosung turned red and Kris started coughing. Kris stopped smiling almost immediately.

The rest of Exo appeared around you soon enough.

“It’s all my fault.” Baekhyun apologized. “If I hadn’t let you go with him this wouldn’t have happened. I’m sorry princess.” He was also annoyed that he was not the one who had saved you instead of Kris.

“Nothing happened. I’m fine. It’s not your fault.” You tried to calm down Baekhyun but he seemed genuinely angry with himself.

“Hyosung you don’t mind if I leave a bit early right?” You turned to your best friend.

“No, it’s perfectly fine.” She smiled at you encouragingly. “Thank you.” You hugged your friend one last time before leaving her place.

 

 

Arriving at your house you went up to your room, mumbling something about taking a shower to get the boys off your tail.  You just couldn’t take it anymore. You had just recently learned about your identity and how everything about your life was a lie. On top of it you ended up meeting your cheater ex-boyfriend. You did avoid confrontations but you did not like how everyone around you, including your parents, seemed to be walking on glass around you. They did not want you to shatter and break down so they never confronted you.

You knew that feeling like this made you a hypocrite in a way but you were just afraid. You did not want to face your problems head on and acted as if everything was fine, like a coward.

After showering you sat on your bed and took out a book to read. It was the book that Suho had given you about the planet EXO. Your thoughts wondered off to your biological parents and wondered what they looked like.

 

There was a knock on your door.

“Come in.” You called and sat up straight on your bed. Baekhyun entered your room and closed the door behind him.

“Can I come in?”

“You’re already inside.” You smiled. “It’s fine I wasn’t doing anything anyways.”

Baekhyun walked up to your bedside and stood up awkwardly. “I was wondering if you were okay?”

“I’m fine but you’re not. Come sit here it’s more comfortable.” You patted the empty spot on the bed by your side. You did not know why you were being so close to him all of a sudden recently.

Baekhyun’s cheeks turned red but he did not turn down the offer and sat on your bed. His eyes landed on the book you were reading. “Oh studying I see.”

“Hmm?” You glanced at your book. “Not really. I was just bored… and curious.”

“About what?”

“My biological parents.” You sighed. “I wanted to know what they looked like.”

“You won’t find their photos in this textbook but I can tell you if you would like.”

“Really?” Your eyes grew wide with excitement.

“Yes. Well, unlike the President, our King is a tall and large man. He has facial hair as well. He looks a bit scary but he is actually a really nice, caring king. The queen is a beauty, she is gorgeous and graceful. You look just like your mother actually.” He glanced at you.

“Hmm…” You blushed a bit. “Tell me more about my parents and EXO.”

“Sure.” Baekhyun continued on telling you storied while you gave him short responses and listened intently. Baekhyun glanced at you when he did not get any reaction from you for his last story and heard your even breaths. He found you asleep with your head swaying sideways. He looked at your sleeping face and smiled. She looks even more beautiful and innocent like this. I don’t want her to get hurt with what is about to come. His heart pounded against his chest as he watched you sleep. Softly he pulled you towards him, causing your head to rest on his shoulder. He closed his eyes in bliss. I will just stay like this for a few more minutes then leave her alone.

 

 

Sehun and Tao fought for who would be in charge of waking you up today.

“You did it yesterday today I want to wake her up.” Tao whined.

“No she likes me better so I should be the one.” They argued on until they reached your door. They did not even bother knocking as they were too busy bickering and entered your room.

They both quieted down at the sight in front of them. You and Baekhyun were sitting on your bed, asleep with your head on his shoulder and his head on top of yours.

 

Eyes wide, they exited the room to find the other EXO members. “You would not believe what we saw!!!” Tao exclaimed.

“Yeah, Yeonwoo and Baekhyun hyung were sleeping together!” Sehun announced.

“What?” Chanyeol choked on his tea and Xiumin patted his back. Kyungsoo’s eyes looked like they were about to fly out of their socket.

“Slept together as in they did the deed or-?” Kris asked, furious.

“WHAT?!!  No.” Sehun stated, looking disgusted.

“They are just sleeping. Come and see.” Tao urged everyone to follow him.

“How about no? Just let them be then.”

“But but but—“

“No buts. It would be nice if she chose him in the end to be her King anyways.” Suho stated.

“Baekhyun would not make a good king. He is too soft hearted.”

“ Maybe, but he would make a good husband for her.”

Right then you and Baekhyun entered the living room and only heard the last bit of the conversation. You felt awkward with all of them staring at you and Baekhyun. I hope they did not realize that we spent the night together, you wished. Hell it was even awkward just standing beside Baekhyun. It was pretty embarrassing to wake up with Baekhyun by your side.

“What husband?” You asked.

“Oh we were saying that Kris would make a nice husband for Hyosung since she has a very obvious crush on our duizhang.” Chen lied.

“What?!” Kris roared. “I do not like that hyper girl with that huge cute gummy smile.” He crossed his arms.

“Suuureeee,” You nudged his arm with your elbow. “I am going to go eat breakfast, now if you will excuse me.” You walked towards the kitchen to see if any of the maids were there to prepare you a nice breakfast.

 

Baekhyun eyed s. “So what were you guys talking about for real?”

“You and Yeonwoo, duh.” Sehun grinned.

“Why?”

“Because we saw you sleeping with her.” Tao looked at Baekhyun with a sly smirk.

“What... You guys got it wrong there is nothing going on between me and Yeonwoo.” He frowned.

“Really?” Suho eyed him.

“Yeah, I’m just her bodyguard nothing more.” Baekhyun sighed. Chanyeol could see how disappointed his best friend looked.

“If you say so…” Suho patted Baekhyun’s back before going back to playing his game of chess with Xiumin before the maknaes had disrupted his game. 

 

---

A/N: I am so bad at updates recently ugh I don't know how I had managed to update runaway sister so fast all the time. T_T I'm sorry! But omg I have 7000+ subs in total I was soooo happy THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT :D