Hyosung's Birthday

[on indefinite hiatus] The Missing Princess

BGM: Exo- heart attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUJFUAJjgos

 

Chapter 14

Hyosung's Birthday

 

Suho was giving you a lecture about Exo Planet’s history and it’s culture but your mind was at somewhere else. You were still thinking about the conversation you had with your parents the night you learned about your true identity. Both of them had came into your room at night to talk to you.

Your conversation with your parents were what had helped you coping just a little bit. You were still not okay, everything was too much but you decided to hide it. You weren’t going to fight against your fate, at least not yet. You did not feel strong enough. Your adoptive parents had made it very clear that they loved and cared about you that night. Your mom had hugged you and told you that this was your real home and that it wasn’t going to change. It made you feel relieved but you still did not like how they had deceived you all these years.

“So what is the name of the warrior that won the great war? Yeonwoo?!” Suho sighed. “Are you listening?”

“Huh? What?” You looked up at him with dazed eyes. He was standing in front of a small board and had turned your room into a mini classroom for his lectures. “I’m sorry.”

Suho sighed. “What’s bothering you?”

“Nothing. I’m fine. See?” You put on a huge but fake grin. Suho narrowed his eyes at you but let it go. He did not want you to break down.

“You know what, class dismissed. You can go have a break before Kris gets to you.”

“Thank you!” You jumped up from your seat and ran out of your room. The moment you opened your door you bumped into Tao and Sehun.

“Woah- wait what are you guys doing outside my door?”

“We were umm---“ They looked at each other in surprise.

“Yes?” You raised and eyebrow. “Were you guys eavesdropping?”

“What? No. We were going to bring you cookies, see!” Tao pointed to the bag of cookies in his hands.

“And you guys ate half of it already I see.” You smirked.

“What no. Tao ate it all not me, noona.” Sehun pointed at Tao.

“Hey—“ Tao narrowed his eyes at the other maknae.

“Nevermind. You guys are taking away my break time. Bye.” You chimed and skipped away from them.

“Waitttt—“ Tao and Sehun called after you. “We want to come too!!!”

 

 

That’s how a week had gone by. You were not close to all of them but you were close to a few of them by now. Tao showed no mercy during his lessons which led you to have a lot of bruises. You ended up spending a lot of time with Lay as he mended your wounds and bruises on a daily basis which helped you get closer to him.

Kris and Kai were still annoying and strict so you did not pay attention to them much. Suho was like an older brother to you already. He always seemed to look out for you. Baekhyun was always caring towards you. You liked spending time with him the most. He was in charge of helping you find your source of power and discover it. So far it was unsuccessful.

You blamed your lack of motivation for it. You still did not believe everything around you. You acted like you were okay with everything but deep down you knew that you would never truly be fine with all of this.

 

“Guys,” You entered the kitchen and found the EXO boys having their lunch. “Go get dressed we are going to Hyosung’s birthday party in a few hours.” You told them.

“Okay who is going with you today?” Xiumin asked.

“All of you.”

“What?” Kris asked, he was hoping to have a free day.

“Especially you Kris. Hyosung invited all of you and she will kill me if any of you don’t show up. You don’t want your princess murdered now do you?” You smirked.

“Is she being serious? I thought  Hyosung was her best friend-“ D.O asked confused.

“She is being funny in her own way let her be.” Kai rolled his eyes.

“Be ready in two hours.” You said and walked away towards your own room to get ready.

 

 

You got into your private car, a mini limousine to fit all twelve boys. Soon the car parked in front of Hyosung’s house and you got out. The guests were going to be the children of important politicians in South Korea, the elite class and some other privileged students from the college. You were wearing a black night dress that sparkled when the light hit it at the right angle. Your long hair was loose but styled.

“Oh boy what are we going to do here?” Sehun asked and fixed his bowtie for the millionth time. All the boys of Exo were wearing black tuxedoes which made them look even more dashing.

“Go inside and eat of course.” Xiumin his lips at the thought of tasting new types of Earthlings’ food.

“And protect the princess.” Kris reminded.

“Oh please, this place is highly guarded at the moment you can chill out. “ You stated. Hyosung’s butler escorted you and the boys into the house and you were greeted with a very hyper Hyosung.

“Here is your gift… from all of us.” You glanced at your bodyguards.

“Aww thank you.” Hyosung cooed and placed it with the other gifts.

“Thank you so much for accepting my invitation and coming here. As my savior I really hope you enjoy yourself today.” She smiled up to Kris with hearts coming out of her eyes. Her smile was so wide you thought her face was going to tear apart.

Kris looked at Hyosung uncomfortably and then glared at you. “Umm… yeah… no problem.” He mumbled and walked past her.

“You’ll have to try harder.” You snickered at Hyosung.

She was about to reply back when the doors opened and the next guests arrived.

Your jaw dropped at the sight of them but you quickly fixed your composure and put on your poker face.  You nudged Hyosung’s side in anger.

“Ouch.” Hyosung looked at you apologetically before greeting the guests. “Hello Wooyoung and Taec, I’m glad you could make it here tonight.”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Taec placed a kiss on Hyosung’s hand. Wooyoung on the other hand only had his eyes on you.

“It’s so nice to see you again, Yeonwoo.” He said.

“Yeah, not really.” You mumbled. Baekhyun sensed the tension between you and Wooyoung but assumed that it was his own imagination.

Taec swung his arm over Wooyoung’s shoulder and pulled him away from you. “We’ll see you guys later.” He winked at Hyosung and left to talk to some other people.

“How could you-“

“My dad would kill me if I didn’t invite them. They are the sons of house of representatives from the same political party as my dad. He wouldn’t let me not invite them.”

You sighed. “Fine. I’ll be fine as long as I avoid him right?”

“Yup.” Hyosung nodded with a smile. Kai suddenly appeared right by you.

“AH, you scared me!” You placed a hand on your chest.

“Good.” He grinned.

“I would have said something but it’s not ladylike so I will refrain for this once.” You clicked your tongue in annoyance.

“Is everything okay?” He glanced at the fading figure of Wooyoung.

“Yes. Why would you ask?”

“Well… if that guy whoever he is annoys you just say one of our names and we will appear by your side okay?”

“Okay…” You did not expect Kai to be caring. “Thanks… I think…” You mumbled the last part. You looked up and Kai was already gone. “Aish this boy.”

You looked around and only Baekhyun was left around your proximity. “Baekhyun…” You called his name.

“Yes princess?”

“Would you like to be my date for today?” You asked really fast.

“Excuse me what?”

“I mean…” You turned red. Everyone seemed to be in pairs at the party and it felt weird for you to be alone and Baekhyun was the closest one. “We could hang out today, like equals… I mean like friends. Like um…” You blushed furiously not knowing how to explain yourself.

“Sure Princess.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun extended his arm and you linked arms with him.

“Let’s go to the buffet and eat something. I’m starving.” You smiled and pulled him towards the foods.

You found Xiumin with Chen, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol eating to their hearts content.

“I hope you guys left some for us, too.” You smiled.

“Yes of course,” Chanyeol turned around at your voice and choked on his food at the sight of you and Baekhyun linking arms.

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo handed him a glass of water and then faced you. His eyes grew wider than ever in surprise. Xiumin and Chen snickered like high school girls.

“Are you guys okay?” You were confused at their reaction. What are they so surprised about?

“Yes, yes. Now food. What would you like to eat?” Chanyeol asked while coughing slightly.

“Umm…” You glanced at the buffet and pointed at the dishes you wanted to try.

“Do you want me to heat them up for you, they are a bit cold.” Chanyeol grinned.

“Oh no. Thanks.” You said, you did not trust him to not cause a major fire. Baekhyun also went and got his own food. All six of you sat down around an empty table and ate to your hearts’ content.

 

You ended up not socializing with the guests much other than the occasional conversations with Sunhwa and the rest of the girls you stood by Exo members. You did not want to be left alone in fear of facing Wooyoung. You also hated the two faced people in the crowd. They were all like sharks in the dark waters waiting to bite you behind your back.

A slow song came on and the couples started to dance. You wanted to dance but you couldn’t just ask Exo to dance with you. It would be too awkward.

“If you’re not going to ask her, I will.” Chanyeol crossed his arms across his chest. You got out of your thoughts and glanced at him. What is going on?

“No no. I’ll ask.” Baekhyun sighed and turned towards you. “Princess, would you like to have this dance with me?” He extended his hand.

“What?” You looked at him, confused. “Um… sure.” You glanced back at Chanyeol one last time and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand. He pulled you up to your feet and let you to the dance floor.

You placed your arms around his shoulders and he grasped your waist. You started to sway slowly but felt uneasy. None of you spoke which made you feel uneasy.

“I’m sorry,Chanyeol forced you to dance with me.”

“What?” Baekhyun stared at her, surprised. “That’s not true. I-“

“Excuse me but do you mind if I steal your dance partner for a moment?” A voice by their side said, causing them to break apart.

Baekhyun glanced at you but you were too baffled to say anything. Oh why did I even wish to dance, damn.

“Come on, I’m not going to eat you.” Wooyoung smiled.

You knew you couldn’t avoid him forever. You nodded at Baekhyun encouragingly.

“Go ahead.” Baekhyun stepped back. Wooyoung pulled you into his arms and started to sway side to side.

“How have you been?” He asked.

“Better.” You smiled curtly.

“Oh why are you so cold to me?”

“Are you seriously asking me this?” You sighed in frustration.

“I know I did wrong but that was in the past. Are you still mad at me?”

“What do you think?”

“Oh princess don’t be like that.” He pouted.

Don’t call me that.” You said through your teeth. You did not want anyone else calling you princess other than the Exo boys. It was their name for you, it was special.

“I’ll make it up to you, if you give me a chance.” He your cheek with the back of his hand. You winced at his cold touch.

“You lost all your chances already. Why are you doing this?” You whispered.

Woohyun let out an annoyed sigh. He did not like you playing hard to get. He always was annoyed at you for being such a prude all the time. “Why are you being so difficult?”

“You deceived me.” You bit your bottom lip to stop yourself from screaming at him. “You lied to me and cheated on me. What do you want me to do? Give you a gold metal?”

“It was a long time ago. I’m trying to make up to you. “ He gazed into your eyes and you looked away. You did not want him in your life. He leaned forward towards you. Your eyes widened in shock. No no no you were not about to give up your first kiss to him. Why can’t I move?

 

--

 

A/N: hey people!~ I wanted to get this chapter out in celebrating Exo's wins on music shows hehe :) I have sad news I lost all my outline for this story T_______T It was on my ipads notes but it got deleted on accident and there is no way to bring them back. I have to remember my outlines for each chapter just from my memory now T_T Oh well...

anyhow

thanks for reading & commenting as always <3 

P.s.: did you guys check out the new rookie group bts (bangtan)??? they are amazing go check them out :D