What Makes Me Happy?

Chase Me If You Can

Baekhyun's POV

I am so gonna get bruises. 

My mom grabbed me by the ears and pulled me inside, making we winch every single step.

"Mom, mom! Ouch!!" I wailed. She stared at me.

"Well, my feet hurts from dragging all the bags alone!" She said sternly. 

"Okay, mom. I admit I was wrong! Now don't beat me with the rolling pin please!" I pleaded. That's it. I lost my cool, and my Mom snapped. She has that no mercy look in her eyes.

"It's just 5 times. Won't hurt." She mocked. Aww crap. I knew I've seen this comming. Dad!!! Why did you have to go to Cambodia at this kind of times?!

"Mom!" I wailed as the rolling pin smacked agaisnt my . "It hurts!" I wailed again, as the rolling pin hit agaisnt my spine. Ouch. I didn't ramble much after that, since I know what is comming. I just let her hit my arms and one of my legs and then it was done.

"There! Don't you try to escape me again, Baekkie. Now how bout some pizza?" She smiled. Wow, does she has two different personalities? I mean, 3 seconds ago, she was mercilessly beating me for lacking off and then she offered me pizza?

"It hurts..." I mumbled as I rubbed my sore arm. She glanced at me pitifully.

"Put some ice over it, darling. It won't hurt again anymore." She said gently.

Like I said, she has split personalities.

 I decided to run up to my room after I grabbed some ice and wraped it in cloth. I flopped on my bed and called Luhan.

"Hey bro. What's up?"

"Just got beaten my a rolling pin." I said and sighed. I heard a painful 'oohh' at the end of the line.

"Did you run away again when she was shopping?" He questioned me.

"Yep."

"How many times do I have to tell you not to run away?" He sighed. "Anyways, tomorrows Friday. So after school, what about you and me hit the arcade with Seunghyun and a couple of his friends?" He invited.

Friday... Friday schedule. 

7 am- School

3 pm- Watch TV

4 pm- Spy on Seo Young

10 pm- Sleep

Wow, I never noticed I spy on Seo Young for that long. What a et and stalker I am..

"Sorry dude, busy." I said. He sighed again.

"Is it spying Seo Young again?" Ow man! Do I share EVERYTHING with this guy? How come he knows everything? Oh gezzz.

"nnoooo...." I cooed. 

"Whatever, man. If you don't have the guts to tell her how you feel, you're gonna be like this forever. Well, maybe you'll catch Seo Young dating a real hot guy and then before you know it, they're marr-"

"OKAY OKAY STOP!" I shouted. "Tell me what I have to do."

"Go and confess!" 

"You know I can't do that!"

"Then I don't know!" He said and ended the call. Okay, I don't blame him for ending the call. I mean, I am kind off obsessed with Seo Young. But I can't just confess! I mean, that will be weird!

I sighed. Confessing to a nerd is so hard.

 

Seo Young's POV

6 AM

My phone rang. Ugh! What the hell? I took it harshly and looked at the caller ID.

Lina.

I grinned like an idiot. Finally! A friend at school! She'll be enrolling today. I clicked the green telephone button.

"AYY GURL! WAKE UPP!" She said cheerfully.

"Yes, yes, thanks for waking me up." I said and laughed. She laughed too. I heard a voice at the back. 

"LINA! STOP CALLING PEOPLE AT 6 AM!" I guess it was Kris, since its a guy voice. Line retorted back. LoL, they could even argue when Lina is calling me. 

How cute.

"Lina! See you at school! I need to get ready!" I said. She said an 'OK' and ended the call. For the first time in my life, I looked foward to school.

And this time, it wasn't because of the free toffees they give on Halloween.

And it wasn't because my Calculus teacher gave us a mid term exam. 

It was because I finally have a friend.

Well, two. Counting Kris.

And maybe three, counting Kevin. 

I grinned like an idiot again. I jumped out of bed and skipped to the bathroom. My mother came in, making sure I wore the painfully hard-to-place-on-eyes contacts before I bade her goodbye. I seriously skipped to school, the things I rarely do. 

When I got there, I spotted Kris, and Lina. I called them, and Lina waved furiously at me. I laughed and waved back. I ran over to them, only getting a breath stopping hug from Lina.

"Hi to you too, Lina." I said and held back a laugh. Kris pulled me away from Lina.

"Hey, stop hugging people, Lina. It's weird." He told her. Lina rolled her eyes. 

"Come on, Seo Young! Let's gooo!" She said and dragged me with her into the gates.

"PICK YOU UP AT 3!" I could hear Kris hollered from behind. Lina dragged me to the office, made me wait until she signed some papers, walk to her locker and gave a short tour of the school.

"What class do you attend first?" I asked her. She looked at me and grinned.

"I made sure I had it ALL the same with you!" She squeeled. I squeeled as well. We were like squeeling idiots, in the middle of a packed hallway. People stared weirdly at us.

"MAKE WAY MAKE WAY!" Someone shouted.

"Who's that?" Lina wondered out loud, poking her head into the crowd. There, stood Taeyon, Tiffany and Seohyun, catwalking their was to us. I gulped. I started to drag Lina away. 

"PARK SEO YOUNG!" Someone called my name. I stopped dead at my tracks. I whipped my head around and saw the three queenkas staring down at me.

"Taeyon.." I muttered. She flased Lina a smile.

"My my, aren't you the new girl?" She asked gently. My hands were still linked to Lina's as she gripped it tighter. Lina forced a smile.

"Yes. And you?"

"My name is Taeyon. These are my girls, Tiffany and Seohyun." Taeyon said. "How about starting to hang out and socialize with us, Lina, than socializing with a nerd?"

"Excuse me?" Taeyon laughed.

"Seriously, Lina. You would rather hang with us, the popular, than her, the nerd. Come." Taeyon said and pulled Lina's hand from mine. She dragged her away. Lina shot me a desprete look, a look that clearly says 'help me help me HELP ME'.  I couldn't blame Taeyon though. Lina is stunningly beautiful. I could never equal up to her. 

"See you." I whispered. I walked to the library to calm my nerves. I picked a book and sat in a dark corner, isolating myself. The world completely forgotten as my head drowns in the words.

I came back to my senses as the bell rang. I quickly placed the book back on the shelf and ran to my class, surprisingly finding Lina next to my usual seat. She flashed me a smile.

"Thank god I survived!" She said and fanned herself. I chuckled. 

"Why?"

"Those bimbos wear too much perfume! I mean, you are suppose to spray perfume, right? Not marinate in it!" She said dramaticly. I giggled. 

"So, how does it feels?"

"About what?"

"Hanging out with populars?"

"It feels like hell." She admitted. My eyes widened.

"Really?" 

"Hey honey, when you feel like that, it's like suffocating." She said. "Besides, those girls think of themselves too much. Not like you. I like you Seo Young." She said and grinned. I was about to say something back when the teacher came in. 

After what felt like forever, the bell rang, telling it was already second period. I snatched up my books and me and Lina went to our lockers and got ready for art class. 

"Welcome, class! Welcome!!!" The art teacher, Mr Sung, introduced himself. "I introduced myself, because I see a new artist in here." He said and pointed his paintbrush at Lina. Lina smiled and bowed a little. "Ahh, young talent. Now! Get to your boards!" He said and pushed us to the wooden tripods. "Now, pick up your drawing utensils, and-"

"What do we draw?" A student asked. Mr Sung huffed.

"I was going to that when you interrupted!" He said angrilly. The student mumbled a sorry, and Mr Sung nodded as he played with his mexican-like moustache. "As I was saying, pick up your drawing utensils!" All the students picked up different types of utensils. "And draw whatever makes you happy!" He declared. The students scratched their heads.

Not because it was hard, I mean, last week they had to draw Mr Sung playing the banjo.

It was just...

too easy. 

Too easy untill ecerybody didn't know what to do. 

"This class is pathetic." Tiffany said and threw her brush down, followed by Taeyon. But Seohyun, Seohyun did the different. She picked up a pencil, and started drawing. Taeyon scoffed. She always thought that drawing was a lame thing to do. I picked up a brush, and had no idea what to do. I glanced at Lina, and she was drawing. 

"What are you drawing?" I asked and peeked. She shooed me away. 

"Hey! No peeking until I'm done!" She said. I rolled my eyes. Okay, fine. Maybe I'll draw daisies, or even sunsets. Or even the face of my dad when my mom told me she had over budget. I grinned. That idea was put under consideration. 

Shrugging, I decided to paint a nightsky. I smiled. I used to looked at the nightsky every night when I was a kid. I always watched it with Eli, my childhood friend when I was in the US.

[Flashback]

"Seo Young! Come on!" A little boy who is holding a telescope in one hand and a tripod in the other called to Seo Young. The little girl puffed her cheeks and forced herself to run. 

"I'm here! I'm here!" She panted when she reached the top of the hill. "What are you going to do, Eli?" The boy grinned. 

"I'm going to see Mars and Saturn. And, I want to see a wishing star." He said and smiled. Seo Young smiled when she saw him smile. They set out the telescope, and took turns looking. After about 6 minutes, Seo Young was bored. She lay down on the soft grass.

"I like the sky." She commented. To her surprise, Eli lay down beside her.

"Why?" He asked, his fingers gently pulling the weeds. 

"Because the sky looks pretty with thousand of twinkling stars. It looks so beautiful, you know, the shining stars making night so bright." Seo Young said. Eli rolled over to face her. 

"Are you tired?" He asked as Seo Young yawned. She nodded. Eli smiled and patted her head. "Let's go home."

"No... I want to sleep. I'm so tired." Seo Young yawned again. Out of conciousness, she hugged Eli, burrying her face into the boy's chest. Eli didn't protest, but instead responded and hugged her back. 

That night, the sky witnessed how beautiful friendship looks. 

[End of Flashback]

 

I smiled like a derp when I remembered the memories, as my hands moved on the canvas, carefully putting every detail of the nightsky that she saw with Eli. What I didn't forget, the twinkling stars. 

I could never forget. 

The stars that also witnessed Eli saying goodbye to me.

 

[Flashback]

"No Eli, where are you going?" Seo Young asked when Eli suddenly ran from him. They were playing and catching fireflies on top of the same hill, when Eli suddenly ran. When he reached a tree, Eli stopped and below the tree, hugging his knees close to his eyes. "Eli?" Seo Young said as she panted. She had been chasing Eli.

"Go away..." He said. Seo Young could hear the sounds of sobbing. 

"Eli!" She cried in alarm. The boy never ever did cry in front of her. "Why are you crying? Don't cry." Seo Young said. She gently pushed down Eli's knees, exposing his tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes. "You don't look good when you cry."

"I'm moving!" He blurted.

"What?"

"I'm moving..." He repeated gently. His hands pulled the weeds around him. "I'm moving to China. Daddy has a new job there." He said sadly. Seo Young couldn't believe it. 

"So, I can't see you anymore?" She choked. Eli gazed at her sadly. She stood up to run, but Eli's hands grabbed her waist and pulled her down. 

"Don't leave. Not yet." He whispered. Seo Young burried her face on Eli's neck and tears slid down her cheeks. Eli pushed her away, smiling. His thumbs wiped the tears.

"Why are you smiling? Do want to leave me?" 

"No, I want to see you smile. Smile until I go away. I want to be happy until I go." Eli said. "Be happy for me, please?" Seo Young slowly nodded as a smile slowly started to form. 

That night, Seo Young again snuggled agaisnt the chest of her best friend, as Eli's hands hugged her tightly. They drifted away to sleep by the lullaby of the wind. 

[End of Flashback]

I smiled at my artwork. The twinkling stars, the dark background.. it all reminded me of Eli. How I missed that derp...

"Wahhh, you art is really pretty!" Lina said as she suddenly appered next to me. I smiled.

"Hey! Are you done yet? I want to see." I said. She smiled as she showed me her artwork. 

Like, wow.

Effing wow.

She drew a potrait. A potrait that really looks familiar.

"Kris?" I blurted out. She nodded. "Your brother?"

"Yeah, he makes me happy. That jerk really and surprisingly made me happy." She said and laughed. "He is a jerk, total loser, I hate him but... I love him. " She laughed again. "Jerk." She said and gently punched her drawing. "Hey, how come you draw the nightsky so pretty?" She suddenly blurted out. 

"I.. sorta remembered a friend... when I was kid.." I said slowly. Lina nodded.

"Ohh... so you like, are in love this kid.."

"N-no! I-I'm not in love with Eli!" I said and looked down. Lina laughed maniacly.

"Mwehehehe, so, his name is Eli.." She tapped her chin playfully. "Is he cute?"

"He's very hand- HEY! Why am I telling you this?!" I suddenly realized. Lina laughed again and patted my head.

"Hey, chillax, girl. If you don't want to tell me, you don't have too."

"TIME'S UPP!! Please write your names on the canvas and you can leave for recess. I'll pick up the drawings myself." Mr Sung said. Taeyon and Tiffany was the first to dash out of class. Me and Lina waited until everyone was out first, cause, hey, the door wont dissapear or move.

I smiled at myself when we walked to the cafeteria. 

What makes me happy?

Is it the nightsky? 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________JYEAAHHHH

 

I know. Crappy chapter. 

 

I KNOW I KNOW SORRY T_T

 

I mean, I was really captivated by the nightsky and I ended up writing some . 

 

Well, sorry.