Are You Okay?

Chase Me If You Can

Narrator's POV

Seo Young panicked when Lina fainted. Tao was worse. He went balistic when his favourite jie jie fainted. Tao rushed to Lina's side, clucthing her shoulders. 

"Jie Jie, are you okay? Oh my god, first Kris, now you. Oh my god, my life is ending. I know it." Tao babbled. Xiumin rolled his eyes as he smacked the maknae's head. 

"Get a grip, dude." Xiumin said. Seo Young made them snapped out of their glaring session to help Lina. 


"Oh my gerdddd Lina! Are you okay?" Baekhyun said as he came running over to the chaos along with Luhan and Seunghyun. 

"Luhan?"

"Sehun?" Both of the boys blinked before squealing. 

"Oh my goth! I haven't seen you in what? 5 monthth?"

"Yea!! Oh my gosh! We should have so totally catch up this evening at the bubble tea store!"

"I know! Oh my goth, you have gotten thkinnier, Lulu hyung!" Sehun said. Xiumin rolled his eyes. 

"Excuse me ladies for interrupting your joyous and happy reunion, but Kris is currently in the hospital and Lina fainted." Xiumin said. Luhan adverted his gaze back on Lina. 

"Oh, right."

"Wait, you guys know eachother?" Seo Young asked. Luhan and Sehun blinked. 

"Yeah, they like known each other since kindergarten." Baekhyun said. 

"Wait, so you know them too?"

"Yeah, Baekhyun hyung liketh to teathe me." Sehun said and shrugged. Tao looked depressed. 

"AYYO GUYS MY JIE JIE IS CURRENTLY UNCONCIOUS. SNAP OUT OF IT AND HELP ME." Tao asked for help. Seo Young grabbed her best friend's shoulders. 

"Lina, oh my god. Don't faint!" Seo Young said. Tao pushed them aside. 

"Gimmie a second ladies. I know how to wake her up." Tao said confidently. He went over to Lina and slapped her over and over until Lina opened her eyes. 

"Wha? Tao?" She said before pushing everyone to stand up properly. "Is Kris alright?" 

"No actually-"

"Then why are we here? Be better go!" Lina said as she pushed Tao and dragged poor Seo Young. 

"Bye Lulu hyung!" Sehun said as he bade his hyung goodbye. 

_._

As soon as the doctor came out, Lina practically pounced on him and bombarding questions. 

"ISMYBROOKAYDIDHEDIEOHMYGOD,DONTLETHIMDIE!YOUAREADOCTORFORGODSAKETELLMEHEDIDNTDIEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEOHPLEASETELLMEHEISSTILLALIVEIFHESDEADIMGONNAFREAKINGSUEYOUFORNOTDOINGAGOODJOBOHMGAADDDD" Lina babbled to the surprised doctor. Seo Young sighed as she pulled down her friend. 

"Are you Mr. Wu's family?" He asked. Lina grabbed him by the collar. 

"NO, I AM. THEY ARE NOT. NOW TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER!" Lina asked she shaked the doctor violently. "DAMMIT TELL ME YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING-"

"Lina, calm down.." Seo Young said as she made Lina release the doctor. 

"Um, I'm his cousin. Is he okay?" Tao asked. The doctor casted one more nervous glance at Lina who was glaring at him with daggers and cleared his throat. 

"Well, Mr. Wu does not have any serious injuries. Just a few broken bones and a bit. He will be fine." The donctor said before running down the corridor while screaming like a maniac. Suho scratched his head. 

"Why did he ran away?"

"Probably because Lina is throwing daggers at him and freaking him out." Chanyeol answered. Lina glared at him, which made him shrudder. Seo Young patted her shoulders. 

"Calm down, Lina. You could go inside and see him I guess." Seo Young said. Lina nodded as he stomped into the room. Sehun shrudered. 

"Theriously, Lina noona thometimes thcare me."

"She's just worried about his brother, Sehun."

"Yeah, but the doethn't need to get all emotional with the doctor."

"He is the only family member he got."

"Hey! I exist!"

"I mean, as in siblings. And they're orphans too. Kris must have mean a lot to her." Suho explained calmly despite Sehun's arguments and Tao's tantrum about non existing as Lina's family member. Soon, the boys began to clear out, leaving Seo Young, Tao and Suho. Lina still didn't came out of the room. 

"I wonder what they're doing in there." Seo Young wondered. As if Lina heard her, she came out of the room, all red and puffy eyed. Seo Young ran towards her friend. 

"Are you okay?" Lina shook her head. "Don't worry. Your brother still okay. Doctor did say its nothing serious." Seo Young assured her. Lina slumped on the chairs and looked at Seo Young. 

"He wants to see you." She croaked as she leaned on Tao's shoulder. The panda-like cousin patted Lina's hands in assurance as Suho squeezed her shoulders. 

"Okay.." Seo Young slowly pushed open the hospital doors, and saw Kris lying on the bed with wires all over him. 

"Seo Young?" he said and looked at her. Seo Young smiled nervously. She was still a little bit awkward around Kris. 

"Yeah? Are you okay?" She asked. Kris smiled. 

"Nothing serious, thank god." He smiled. "I need to ask you a favor.." He said while eyes pleadingly look at Seo Young. 

"What is it?"

"Take care of Lina for me for this one week. I can be discharged next week, and I can't let Lina live alone. She can't. So... I'm asking for your help. Please?" Kris pleaded. Seo Young smiled. 

"Of course, Kris."

"Uhm, Miss? You need to get out now, please. Mr. Wu needs to take his medication," A nurse appeared from behind. Seo Young nodded as he bade Kris goodbye. 

"Bye Kris. Get well soon." Seo Young said and smiled. Kris smiled weakly back at her. Seo Young pushed the doors open and exited the room, only to find Lina fast asleep on Tao's shoulders. 

"Hi noona. Jie jie got a bit tired.." tao said. Seo Young smiled as she shook Lina gently. 

"Lina, let's go home.." Seo Young whispered. 

_._


 

Seo Young sighed as she looked at her friend. Motionless. Lina just sat at the couch, either staring at the tv or her mind was flying. Seo Young grabbed the two cups of coffee as she sat in front of Lina. 

'Drink." Seo Young instructed. Lina nodded. She carefully picked up the cup and sipped a bit before putting it back and lying down on the couch. 

"Night..." She whispered and smiled a bit before closing her eyes. Seo Young sighed again. She knew Lina was depressed and maybe sad. 

Her thoughts were caught off when her phone rang. 

"Hello?"

"Seo Young? Is that you?" She heard Eli's voice at the end. 

"Yeah. It is."

"So, um.. I heard about Kris. Is she okay?"

"She is. Just a bit tired, I think." Seo Young said. She then brightened up. "Hey, maybe you could come over and try to cheer her up a bit. She was a bit sassy when you are around, so maybe you could.." Seo Young's voice trailed off. 

"Me? Um.. do you think it's a good idea?"

"I so think so!" Seo Young beamed. Eli said a faint 'okay' and ended the call. 

 

Eli's POV

So, my Seo Young needed me to cheer her friend up eh? Sure, no prob. I grabbed my keys and started the engine. 

No, I'm not in love with Seo Young. She's my friend. I can't love my best friend. It would be so weird. Besides, I already have a girlfriend back at China. I wonder how is she doing? I hope one of them bratty chinese boys tried to flirt with her. I'd break their necks if they do. 

But I noticed something though. Kris and Baekhyun had eyes for Seo Young for a while. Kris.. hmm, he doesn't seem bad. He's well built and well educated. He has a future, a bright one. 

Baekhyun... I snorted. Young love. Seriously, that guy has been making googly eyes at Seo Young ever since I brought her back after I kidnapped her for a while back then. He was also furious when all of us were joking. So I decided  to tease them a bit, seeing their reaction. 

I wiped some mashed potatoes off Seo Young's lips using my thumb and ate it. Kris seems to hide it very well, talking to Lina and Mrs. Park and all, but I could see that a certain Baekhyun is reeeeally jealous. He like, shot me daggers all the way. It was so fun to mess with him. To see his irrtated face, knowing that I was the one close to Seo Young, not him. I nearly laughed. 

All my thoughts gathered to a stop when I reached Seo Young's place. I turned off the engine and knocked on the door. Seo Young answered it and smiled at me. I hugged her. 

"How are you?" She said and smiled. I let go and nodded. She ushered me inside, and I saw Lina lying on the couch, eyes closed. 

Honestly, I don't even think she's sleeping. Her face was wrinkling and her nose twitched. She shut her eyes so tightly that her eyebrows furrowed and almost joining together. 

"Lina, Eli's here." Seo Young said gently as she tried to wake her sleeping friend up. Lina opened her eyes and glared at me. 

"What do you want?"

"Um.. just checking wether your fine or not." I said. She snorted. 

"Sure, I am absolutely fine! Great actually. Never felt this in a million years." She said. I noted the sarcasm tone in her voice. Seo Young patted her shoulders gently. 

"Lina, Eli's here to cheer you up."

"Not working." She said as she grabbed a pillow and threw it at me. It was a weak throw, and it only hit my legs. 

"It seems like I'm bugging you."

"No kidding."

"Really, I thought you'd handle this more.. i don't know... professionally."

"What do you mean?" She sat up and looked at me. I mentally smirked.

"I mean, the usual Lina would just stay calm and act normal. This Lina is just plain boring and not legit awesome."

"So you're saying that I'm not awesome?" I nodded. She laughed. "What a lame excuse."

"And also weak.. " I added. She squinted her eyes at me before standing up and started chasing me around the house. I nearly tripped on a sofa. I could hear Seo Young laughed and thanked me. 

"NO NEED FOR THANKS. BYE SEO YOUNG!" I said while heading for the door. I took one last look on the running Lina and smiled. "BYE LINA." I said before slamming the door.

_________________________________________________________

Hi guys! Okay so, I think that would be Eli's last appearence in the story cause out of the three, he got the least votes, so JYEEEEAAAAYYYY.... Or is it? Depends on how I will end the fic, eh? Hmm, we'll see ^^