We're.... Friends?

Chase Me If You Can

Seo Young's POV

 

"You two look so good together." My mother chuckled after we took a 'memorable' picture. Me and Baekhyun faked smiles as our mothers forced us to take 'couple' pictures.

"Oh, you two look like couples." His mother giggled. I mentally rolled my eyes. I faked a smile as Baekhyun's mother pinched my cheeks. "Oh my, you are so cute and chubby on the cheeks! What do you feed this child, Channie? She is just the most adoroble-lest thing ever!" She squeeled. Seriously, is an elderly woman... fangirling over me?

"Oh, she doesn't eat much. She is the most cutest thing ever, is she? Your Baekhyun isn't that bad either. He is just so handsome!" My mother fluttered her eyes. Baekhyun gave her his most obvious forced smile. 

"T-thank you, ahjumma.." He mumbled. My mother felt his hair. 

"Oh my stars, your hair!" She squeeled. "It's so soft! What shampoo did you use? I hope it's not expensive. Did you know, there's this discount store which really gives a knock-out discount!" My mother babbled along with her friend, leaving me and Baekhyun alone. 

"I'm sorry about my mother." I mumbled to him. He smiled. Oh my, he has an eye smile. THAT IS JUST SO FREAKING CUTE...

"It's okay. I guess my mom isn't that different either." He shrugged. "Anyways, nice meeting you. I got to get my mom. See you tomorrow." He smirked and walked away. My breath stopped.

It wasn't because of his smile. 

It was the fact that he winked at me before he turned around to find his mother.

I slammed the car doors when I finally got my mother to drive me home. I could feel my cheeks get hot and a tint of red decorated it. Dayumm, he did this just by winking at me. Shesshhh...

"Are you okay, dear?" My mother asked me worriedly. Oh, now she cares. 5 minutes ago she was fangirling on Baekhyun, totally ignoring me, and NOW she cares!

"I'm fine. Just drive me home, mom. I'm tired." I made an excuse as I rested my head on the window. I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight. 

 

6.00 A.M

Just like I predicted. I had trouble sleeping. Now my eyes have bags underneath it, making my ugly face more uglier. Nevermind, like I ever care of appearences. When I finished showering and getting ready, I slung my back pack over one shoulder and fixed my glasses back on my eyes. I bit my lip. I loved these glasses, but I feel like I loved to wear those contacts again. 

I mean, what if Baekhyun finds me unattractive because I wore glasses? Ugh! And I should straightened my hair. I heard boys like girls even more when they have y, long, straight hair. And I also could wear colour contacts...

What am I mumbling about?

I shook my head in amusment. All this for one boy? Well, the kingka, that is. Dayumm, why do I worry so much? I sighed. I opened my door, only to be bumped by my astonished mother.

"Dear! Why aren't you wearing your contacts? Get those ugly glasses off you!" She wailed. She took my glasses and hid them in her pocket. She then forced me to wear contacts. Oh great. This is just FABULOUS. I might get laughes when I get to school today. 

"Okay, mom. Thanks. I'm going to school now.." I tried to escape, but my mother forced me to sit back down on the dressing table chair.

"Not yet, honey. I need to straightened your hair a bit. It's too curly." She took one of these straighner thingies from her pocket. Really, she carries that in the pocket of her apron? Seriously... 

"No mom, I don't want my hair straight!" I whinned.

"It's just a little. I want it to be wavy." She assured me. I closed my eyes as the hot iron reached my curly brown locks. I peeked open, and whispered to my curly hair goodbye as I closed my eyes back tightly. After what felt like an eternity, my mother was finished.

"Can I open my eyes?" I asked timidly. I could hear her scoff.

"Honey, I never told you to close them in the first time." I peeked open, and gasped at my change. My curly hair became straight. Well, it wasn't straight. It was just wavy. I... look... beautiful for the first time. 

"Thank you mom!" I squeeled as I jumped up to hug her. She gave me a soft smile.

"I really wanted to do that, like from, forever!" She told me. "I like this hair better, and I hope you do, too." I nodded happily. "Now, go along. It's already 6.45. Don't want to be late!" She pushed me downstairs and out of the house. Oh well, I guess I'll skip breakfast. Or maybe I could buy some cookies at the vending machine, or I don't care. I whistled as I make my way to school.

I expected the reply would be positive, but hopes are just left to be hopes. I guess the news spread out that I went on dinner with Baekhyun. So I practically get stares and murmurs from the other students.

Especially girls. 

I guess they didn't want me snatching their 'precious' Baekhyun. I literally had to avoid piercing stares. But it all went to a stop when the school queenka, Taeyon, stopped me dead at my tracks.

"Hey little fella, are you lost?" She cooed. 

"Well, um, actually-"

"Shut up!" Seohyun shrieked. I was stunned. Tiffany beside her smirked. 

"Don't say a thing and listen carefully to Taeyon." She snapped. Taeyon smiled victoriously. 

"Thanks, girls." She purred. Then she locked her intense gaze on me, making me seriously want to pee in my undies. "Listen, nerd. Just cause you changed your looks, and you went out on one dinner with Baekhyun, doesn't mean he likes you." 

"But I never-" I never did had the time to finish my sentence, as I was slapped by Tiffany. 

"Don't interrupt Taeyon when she is speaking!" Tiffany shouted. She was about to slap me again when a hand stopped her. I looked up and saw a boy with a messy blonde hair staring in anger at her. 

"Don't, touch her." He said as he gripped harder on Tiffany's hand, making her whimper. He let go, and Tiffany quickly retreated behind Taeyon. The boy's gaze shifted on Taeyon. "Go, Taeyon. And stop messing with people." Taeyon wanted to argue, but since one of her girls was hurt, she obeyed. She dragged Tiffany and Seohyun towards the ladies room.

"Thanks..." I whispered. He looked at me and smiled softly. 

"Nah, it's okay. I can't let them hurt you anyways." He shrugged. I felt my left cheek burn, the cheek that Tiffany slapped extra hard. "A-are you okay?" I nodded. He shook his head. "No you're not. Let's get you to the nurse's office." He practically dragged me to the nurse's office, a guy who I didn't know his name.

"Um, I guess she's not here." I said quietly. He huffed.

"Oh well. I'll search for an ice pack for your cheeks." He said kindly and rummaged through the cupboards.

"Hey,"

"Yeah?" He asked, still searching. I scratched my head.

"What's your name? I didn't know it yet."

"My name?" He turned back and flashed me a smile. "I'm Kevin. But that's my English name. People here call me Seunghyun. Nice to officially meet you, Seo Young." He said and turned back to search. 

"How'd you know my name? And what do you mean 'officially'?" I asked, astonished.

"Oh you don't want to know." he said and chuckled. "Oh here it is." He cheered. He quickly slapped it on my burning cheeks. I winched. "Sorry," He smiled cheekily. 

"Oh it's okay. Could I call you Kevin? I mean, if it's okay..." I asked suddenly. He stopped. 

"Oh, okay. It's cool. Sure, call me that." He said and flashed me another smile. I melted at the smile. He was just so freaking cute! After a good 10 minutes of chit chat, the nurse came, gave me and Kevin a slip as an excuse for being late and we bade each other goodbye. 

 

Baekhyun's POV

 

"And guess what's the worse.." Seunghyun said as I munched on my hamburger. "Tiffany slapped the poor girl!" he exclaimed. My face fell.

"How is she? Is she okay?" I asked panicly. He laughed. 

"Don't worry. I sent her to the nurse's office. Nurse Kim wasn't there so I treated her. Had a long chat. Seems like she's friendly enough." Seunghyun said. "Oh! And she called me Kevin!"

"What's so exciting about your English name, Seung? It's sounds normal to me." Luhan commented. Seunghyun rolled his eyes. 

"Hey stupid, she's a girl. Who called me Kevin! Big whoop for me!" he said and pumped his fists in the air. Luhan rolled his eyes and retorted back, and Kevin argued back. I ignored them, focusing on one thing. My little precious Seo Young, eating alone. I wanted to eat with her, but I'm the kingka for gods sake!

And Kingkas don't eat with nerds, right?

Ugh! People! I have a reputation here! I don't wanna run it down a wall in a crisp like that. Uh huh no way! 

I guess I have to find another way to approach her.\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My lovelies! 

I know, short chapter. 

Sowee...

I mean, It was 10 and I had to go pee and I have school and T_T 

But I promise to update tomorrow, and hopefully a longer one!

So for now, 

CHA CHA 

(And I hope you guys don't mind me using Kevin as the main image of the chapter. It was so cute and it had to be done! ^^)