Talk

Chase Me If You Can

Baekhyun's POV

I am literally shooting daggers at this Eli kid. 

He, is really getting under my nerves. 

I never ever hated a hyung this much. He was acting all touchy touchy with my Seo Young. I mean, what the hell? He could just get Lina, but NOOO he had to take Seo Young. 

I huffed. First, I had Kris. Now, I have this Eli. I feel like I want to pull my hair out in frustration. Eli was wiping the mashed potatoes off Seo Young's lips. I gripped the fork to prevent myself from stabbing my poor samgyupsal into pieces. I menacingly chewed the grilled meat in my mouth and eyed Eli. He was making a joke, and the table erupted in laughter. 

I don't get these American jokes. Since I am pure blooded korean, I don't know what the heck the jokes mean, even though they are in korean. Lina seems really interested in this Eli person. She was trying to scrape out every detail of him and Seo Young. 

"So, how did you guys meet?" Kris asked. Eli smiled. 

"We've been neighbours." He said. Kris made an 'aahh' sound and continued talking. I seriously don't get the joke Lina said about George Bush and the shoe attack. All of them laughed, and made fun of that god knows who american politican while I was sulking in the corner. Mrs Park, who was beside me, paid no attention to me. I feel so useless right now. 

"Baekhyun, are you okay?" Seo Young suddenly asked me. "You are stabbing the poor meat." She stated and pointed at my plate. I looked down, and saw the nice pieces of meat was just a big mush of grilled meat. I forced a smile. I took a gulp of the orange juice. 

"I'm fine. Actually, I am feeling a bit dizzy. I think I'll go outside." I said and went outside. They stared at me,  before continued talking. I stood up and quickly walked outside. I felt my anger burning down as the cold night wind hit my face. I walked towards the hammock and sat down. I sighed. 

"What will make you notice me Seo Young?" I whispered to the wind. And owl hooted. I sighed again as I rested my elbows on my knees. 

"You like her, don't you?" A voice suddenly said. I turned to the side and saw Lina. She was looking at me with these big eyes. 

"Was it that obvious?"

"So very, my man." She said. I chuckled. She smiled at me. "Cheer up. She and Eli are just friends."

"Yeah right. I bet after 2 days, they'd be kissing each other's face out." I said. I felt the hammock dip as I saw Lina sat next to me. Not to close, but not to far either. 

"Have faith. She just likes Eli as a friend." Lina said. She gazed up in the sky. I followed her gaze. "Anyways, be a man and stand up for the girl! What a sissy.." She said and tsked. I glared at her. 

"Hey! I am not a sissy! It's you who's weak!" I retorted. Lina snorted. 

"Expert in wushu, black belt in kung fu, ace swimmer, marathon athelete.. Hmm.. do I have to say more?" She challenged. I gaped at her. Lina smirked. She leaned in. "Sissy." She said and got up. 

"H-hey! Wait!" I called to her when she was beginning to go back into the house. She looked back. 

"What is it, sissy?"

"Are you sure Eli likes Seo Young as a friend? Only a friend?" I asked timidly. Lina's gaze softened.

"I am not sure yet. But I guess that's it." She said and went inside. I sighed as I leaned in the hammock, humming a tune. Well, I am a sissy, compared to Lina's achievements. I groaned. 

"Seo Young..." I whispered slowly. "Is it that hard for you to notice me?" I asked the moon as I felt my eyes started to get warm. "What do I have to do?" I croaked out silently. No response. I sighed. No crying, Byun Baekhyun. It will make you weak. 

Tears make you weak. 

It makes you look fragile. 

I sighed again for the nth time. This just got complicated. 

"Be a man and stand up for the girl!"

Lina's voice rang in my mind. I need to be a man. And maybe get taller, since Kris was freakishly tall. I have to be better that the others. 

 

Seo Young's POV

Baekhyun gulped down his orange juice and went out. I stared at him before being talking again with the rest of the guys. But something was pulling me. I don't know what. 

"Excuse me." Lina said and went outside. I stared at her. Eli said something and patted my head. I turned back my attention to the man. His smile was dazzling, just like the years before. Kris who sat next to me talked a bit more with Eli, clearly interested in the man's life. My mother excused herself to be upstairs to rest. 

"I'm back~" Lina sang as she pulled the chair to sit on. She grabbed the candy jar and began rummaging to find a candy that fits her interest. 

"Really? No one missed you." Eli commented. Lina glared at him. 

"Shut up." She said and threw a candy wrapper at him.

"Lina, what I tell you about throwing things at people?" Kris said and groaned. Lina rolled her eyes. 

"Why being so goody goody all of the sudden, Kris?" She retorted. 

"I'm just saying.." Kris said. Lina puffed her cheeks. 

"Oh Kris," She began. Kris looked up at his sister.

"What?"

"Can we visit Tao tomorrow?" She pleaded. I raised my eyebrows. Tao? Who is he? Her boyfriend? Kris sighed. 

"Look, I know you guys get along really well, but I don't want Zitao to hit me with his wushu stick again! I get enough from you!" Kris argued. Oh, so that's his name. Zitao. Tao for short. Lina groaned. 

"Please? I reeeaallllyyy wanna see him!" She begged. Kris thought about it. Eli chuckled. 

"Kris, come on. Let the girl see the guy." He said. Lina nodded her head. 

"Problem is, the guy is as just as good in wushu as Lina is and I risk of getting my whoopped by them." Kris argued. Lina made puppy eyes.

"Pleaseee~"

"Okay. NO." Kris said. 

"bbuing bbuing~" I suppressed a laugh. It was the first time I ever saw Lina do aegyo, and I think it worked. Kris inhaled. 

"Fine.." He mumbled. Lina cheered. "Oh, and Seo Young has to follow!" 

"What?"

"Trust me, you want to." Lina said and winked. 

"No no no no! I would not risk Seo Young in that dorm. No freaking way!" Kris said and shook his head. 

"bbuing bbuing~"

"Fine..." Kris mumbled again. Eli laughed.

"I guess someone has a soft spot for aegyo." He said, amused. Kris looked at him. 

"You have no idea." Kris said. I laughed. 

"Okay, so I'm going?" Lina nodded her head. 

"Yes you are. Be ready in 8. We'll pick you up!" She said. Eli looked amused by seeing Kris face. He has this frown on. Lina looked at the clock. "Oh look, its already 7. Let's go Kris." She said. "Bye bye, hunny~" She cooed and waved at me. I chuckled. 

"Bye bye sweetie~" I said and played along. Eli pouted. 

"You never called me sweetie before, and we have been friends since forever!" He whinned. Lina stuck out her tounge.

"It means, she loves me more than you do!" She teased. She looked back, and saw Kris still in his seat with a frown on. Lina sighed. "Kris, come on!" Kris gave no response. Lina made her way to her sulking brother. "I cannot believe I am doing this..." She groaned as she lightly pecked his forehead. Kris literally jumped out of his seat and landed on the floor. 

"EWW WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO? EW EW EW EW!!" Kris wailed as he vigorously wiped his forehead with a tissue. Lina rolled her eyes. 

"Like it was easy for me. Come on!!" She said and dragged Kris out. I followed them to the yard. "Bye Seo Young! See you tomorrow! Remember, 8 am!" She said as  she shoved Kris inside the car. 

"See you!" Kris said and smiled. I smiled and waved back. I could sense Eli standing at the back of me. I turned around and hugged him. 

"Wow, that was.... unexpectable." He breathed out. I smirked as I punched his stomach, making him stagger backwards. "That one too." 

"Idiot." I said and laughed. He tried to noogie me but I ran outside. "Wait wait." I called. He stopped. 

"What is it?"

"Where's Baekhyun?" I asked, finally remembering him. Eli also looked confused and looked around.

"Baekhyun? Baekhyunnnnn? Ayyoo man...?" Eli called out as we both peek into every corner that we might think Baekhyun could fit and hide. 

Baekhyun's POV

I climbed up a tree. Heck, why does this house have so many trees? I climbed up one until the top. I sat on one of the branches and let my legs dengle in mid air. 

"See you!" I heard a man said. I looked down and saw Lina and Kris leaving. It's a good thing the leaves hid me well. When the car drove away, I looked at Seo Young who was on the doorframe. I also saw Eli behind her. 

Unexpectedly, I saw her turn around and hugged Eli. 

Do my eyes deceive me? Did I really see...?

I couldn't take it anymore. When they were doing something inside, I quickly got off the tree and ran as fast I could. 

Anywhere is better. 

Better that seeing the girl of my dreams hug another man. 

I ran fast into the dark road as a few tears slip my eyes. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So Baekhyun don't cry...

cry...

 

Ok LOL chapter 11 is here!

Sorry about the sad thingies. 

 

I mean, I was listening to 'Baby Don't Cry' while writting this, and.. yeah... it happened. 

 

DON'T BE MAD >.<

I just wanted a little twist there.... 

 

LOL... 

Who is Tao?

Wait for mah next update >.^