Jay?

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 43: Jay?

 

 

I could feel a weight. It was on top of me, lying on me. I scrunched my brows slightly. I had woken up once or twice with Tiffany lying on top of me, but this object or person was too small to be my Fany. If it was Tiffany I would be able to feel her long, smooth legs tangled up with mine, but there was nothing.

I could feel the sunlight tugging harshly at my eyelids, as its warmth pressed itself against my face. It must be a sunny day.

It had be Tiffany sleeping on me right now, I mean, who else could it be? I wouldn’t have slept with anyone else, would I?

I let out a yawn, stretching my body, being careful to not wake what I thought was Tiffany. I slowly opened my eyes, the bright sunlight causing this small task to become harder than necessary. I slowly adjusted to the light, blinking several times and squinting until my surroundings became clear.

I looked over to my side, my eyes widening when I saw Tiffany staring back at me. She was lying on her side, her hand beneath her cheek, a small smile playing on her lips. Looking seriously, breathtakingly beautiful. If Tiffany was there…then who was…

“Shh…” Tiffany hushed in a quiet tone as she placed a gentle finger on my lips, stopping me from questioning her.

I quirked my brow up at her, causing her smile to become even wider and more beautiful.

“You’ll wake her.” She whispered, nodding her head to the person lying on top of me. I looked down to see Hayeon’s peaceful face, squished against my chest, her breathing calm and steady as she slept soundly.

How could I forget that she had come over yesterday and spent the night with us? I must’ve been tired.

Her small body began to stir, but I gently placed my hand against her back and rubbed small soothing circles on her upper spine. When she was younger, this small and simple action would help her sleep after a bad dream. And surprisingly, it still worked. Her body relaxed again.

I couldn’t help but smile down at her. I had missed her so much.

“Did you sleep well?” Tiffany asked quietly.

I looked over and smiled at her, giving a small nod as I did so. She leaned in and placed a small and simple kiss on my lips.

“I love you.” She whispered sweetly, gazing into my eyes.

“I love you too.”

I was about to lean in and kiss her again, but Hayeon rolled off of me and ended up snuggling into Tiffany, creating a larger space between us.

I frowned slightly as I watched her sling her arm over my wife’s waist, nuzzling her head into the fabric of Tiffany’s shirt, just underneath her s.

Was it stupid that I was jealous of the fact that Hayeon was cuddling with Tiffany and not me? I’m not really sure, but I couldn’t help it. I hadn’t touched her all night because Hayeon had been in between us. Of course I loved Hayeon to bits…but when you mess with my cuddling time with my Tiffany…I can’t help but get a little irritated.

Tiffany had spotted my expression and had to cover with her hand to stifle her laughs. I was glad at least one of us found this funny.

I gave out a quiet sigh, rolling over on my back, and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I stretched properly, and I could feel Tiffany watching me.

My phone started blaring on my nightstand, to signal that someone was calling. Hayeon groaned in protest as I leaned over to grab and answer it.

“Hello?” I answered, trying to fight back the sleepiness in my voice.

“Taeyeon-ah?”

 The sound of my mother’s voice brought a smile to my face.

“Umma,” I greeted warmly. “Everything okay?”

“Yes, everything’s fine.” She responded in a calm tone. “I just wanted to let you know that I’m picking Hayeonie up at noon, for her piano lesson. So make sure she’s ready.” She informed.

“Okay, sure thing. She’ll be ready.” I said, glancing over at the clock that hung on the wall. 9:08 am.

“She didn’t cause you any trouble, did she?”

“Of course not. She was fine.” I chuckled.

“Okay, then. I’ll see you later, Taeyeonie.”

I said my goodbyes, and with that, the line went dead and the phone call ended.

‘Taeyeonie’

I hadn’t been called that in a long while. Not since I was younger. My father used to call me that all the time…it was his pet name for me. After her died, my mother stopped calling me that. So, her calling me that now had caught me off guard slightly.

I locked my phone and set it back down on the nightstand, and then turned my gaze back towards Tiffany.

Hayeon had now woken up, and was sitting up in the bed with her eyes half open and her hair sticking up in every direction possible. She rubbed her eyes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter