Missing Locket

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Missing Locket

 

We sat on the couch lazily. Taeyeon was resting her head on my lap.

Tomorrow would be our last full day on the island, and honestly I was really going to miss this place.

Taeyeon and I had become a lot more comfortable around each other. When she held my hand when we walked around the island, I didn’t blush, instead it felt natural.

I ran my fingers through her blonde locks as she played with my iPhone. She put the phone down and looked up at me and smiled. She let out a happy sigh.

She was seriously too cute.

“Why do you wear it on your wrist like that?” She asked pointing to the locket wrapped around my wrist. “Wasn’t it a necklace?”

“The chain broke. But I still really wanted to wear it so I just decided to wear it like a bracelet.” I shrugged. “I’ve actually been meaning to get it fixed. I think I need to get it polished or something as well.” I sighed.

She smiled at me again.

“Tomorrow is our last night here, and then we got back home.” She said, lifting her head from my lap and sitting up beside me properly.

“I don’t wanna go home.” I whined.

“Then how about we make the most of tomorrow?” She suggested.

I nodded, and then things fell into a comfortable silence.

“Hey, Taeyeon?”

“Yeah?”

“Did you miss your dukongs?” I asked teasingly.

“That’s it! This calls for a tickle attack!” She exclaimed as she launched herself at me.

“Taeyeon! You know I hate being tickled!”

But before I could protest any further she was already sitting on top of me, attacking my rib cage with her nimble fingers. I squirmed as I laughed uncontrollably.

I was laughing so hard tears began to form at the corners of my eyes. I tried to push her off but she was too strong.

“This is what you get for making fun of my dukongs!” She said, still tickling me.

“Taeyeon, stop!” I managed to plead.

She halted her attack and looked down at me. “Say you’re sorry.” She smirked.

“Fine! I’m sorry!”

She grinned, getting off of me.

I hit her shoulder playfully “Meanie!”

“Hey, it’s your fault. You’re the one who decided to insult my dukongs.” She shrugged.

I waved her off and yawned tiredly. “Let’s go to bed.”

She nodded and we both went upstairs to the bedroom.

I let Taeyeon use the bathroom first.

Once she had gone inside I began to change into my pyjamas. I looked at the locket wrapped around my wrist and smiled. I really couldn’t believe that Taeyeon gave me this all those years ago, good thing I kept it.  Maybe it was fated that we met again?

I carefully unwrapped the broken chain from around my wrist and gently set it down on the nightstand.

 

* * *

 

The next morning I woke up as the sun light shone on my face.

I sat up and I rubbed my eyes. I noticed Taeyeon’s absence, but then I heard her in the kitchen down stairs. I looked at the clock. 9:00 am.

I stretched as I got up. I got dressed at a pretty slow pace.

Just as I was about to put my locket on, I noticed it wasn’t on the nightstand where I left it. I started to look around the room.

I began to panic when I realised it wasn’t there.

What was I going to do? If I tell Taeyeon, she might get angry.

I had literally turned the whole entire room upside down, looking for it.

I would just have to look for it when she wasn’t around, but that would be hard considering we were always together. I sighed in frustration.

Today was our last day here, and if I didn’t find it now, we may have to leave without it.

I calmed myself slightly and went down the stairs, to be greeted by the smell of freshly made pancakes.

Once I had reached the bottom, I saw the dining table lined with a whole American breakfast feast. I gaped at the sight.

I hadn’t had an American breakfast since I came to Korea, which was 6 years ago!

Taeyeon set the final plate of toast down on the table and smiled at me.

I walked up to the table.

“Taeyeon...” I was at a loss for words.

“It’s okay of you don’t like it. It’s just that I know you lived in a America for a whi-“

I silenced her babbling with hug.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter