So Close, Yet So Far

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11: So Close, Yet So Far

 

Have you ever loved someone so much, that it hurts? As cheesy and cliché as it sounds, that was exactly what I was going through.

In some ways it was a blessing that I could be so close to her, and see her everyday and spend time with her without being criticized by anyone.

But in other ways, it was torture. To have the one you love so close to you, but not being able to love her the way you want and show her how much you care about her.

I wasn’t supposed to fall for her. I was supposed to protect my family, not fall in love with someone that probably doesn’t even love me back in the same way.

Every day we spent together I would become in even more deeply in love with her.

Now that we were in the public eye and the King had arranged many interviews for us to do, we would be together 24/7. Not that it bothered me. I loved her company.

I looked down at her beautiful face, as she slept on the couch peacefully. I gently brushed away the stray hairs behind her ear.

I would’ve never thought that I would enjoy watching someone sleep so much in my entire life, but of course that was before I met her.

She began to stir, scrunching up her nose and giving out a small groan. A smile tugged itself onto my lips.

“Carry me to my bed.” She said with a yawn, stretching out her arms, her eyes still closed.

My smile widened at her cuteness. I picked her up bridal style. She wrapped her arms around my neck and leaned her head on my shoulder. Her body felt warm, and the scent of her perfume wrapped around me snugly.

It’s not every day you get to carry an angel in your arms.

I walked up the stairs, careful not to trip or drop her, and laid her on the bed. She must have been exhausted. I mean, her boyfriend tried to her yesterday, then she nearly crumbled in front of all those reporters today, and just to top everything off, she started to doubt herself.

I never knew how lowly Tiffany thought of herself before today. I realised even people like her who have lived rich and luxurious lives still have their insecurities.

“Thanks, Taeyeon.” She mumbled, snuggling herself deeper into the covers.

She was just too cute. “Night, Tiffany.” I whispered.

I left her room as silently as possible.

 

* * *

 

Opening the door and flicking the light on switch, I flopped lazily on to the bed.

I stared at the ceiling, through the darkness, thinking of a way to save myself from some heartache when I left.

I quickly sat up, realising I hadn’t checked my phone all day. I unlocked the screen and immediately saw I had ten missed calls from Hayeon. I redialled her number as quickly as I could.

“Hello?” I heard her answer sleepily.

“Hayeon? Is everything okay? Why did you call so many times?” I asked, worried.

“Oh, Taeyeon. I just called to say that we saw you on TV. You and Tiffany Unnie looked really cute together.” She said simply.

I blushed slightly. “But other than that, everything is okay?”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Okay, go to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter