Cooking Lessons

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: Cooking Lessons

 

I walked over to Taeyeon and leaned on the kitchen counter, watching her as she made dinner.

I never learnt how to cook, I guess because I always had someone else to do it for me. I would have thought it would have been the same for Taeyeon, but she proved otherwise.

Once she noticed I was watching her she looked up at me.

“Everything okay?” She asked.

“Can I help you?” I asked hopefully.

She gave me a warm smile. “Sure. You can chop the carrots.” She handed me a sharp knife and gestured towards a chopping board. “Have you ever done this before?” She asked.

I shook my head.

She chuckled. “Let me show you first.” I handed her the knife and stood beside her as I watched her demonstrate. She was really quick with the chopping. “Make sure you don’t chop them too thick.” She handed me the knife and stepped aside.

I stepped forward and placed a carrot on the chopping board, ready to cut. Taeyeon was still beside me as she watched. I began to chop. My slices were way too thick.

She laughed. “They’re too thick.”

I pouted, even though it was true.

“Do it like this.” She said as she put her arms around me, resting her chin on my shoulder, placing her hands on top of mine. She guided my hand, and showed me how to do it properly.

I was bushing furiously. Her warmth surrounded me. Her scent was so comforting. Just Taeyeon and I - no one else. It was perfect.

Much to my disappointment, she removed her arms. “Now you try.”

“Taeyeon, I don’t think I can do it without your help.” I pouted.

To be honest, I probably could have done it no problem. I just wanted to spend a little while longer in her arms.

She smiled. “Okay.”

I grinned as she put her arms around me again.

After we had cut the carrots, Tae gave me the easy jobs to do - like stirring the pots and cleaning the dishes. I set the table and waited for her. She came out with two plates of delicious food.

“Wow! This looks amazing!” I exclaimed as I picked up a fork.

She laughed. “I hope you enjoy it!”

I dug into my food. I don’t even think the chefs back in the palace could cook this good.

We talked and laughed as we ate our meal. I found that I learnt something new about her every day we spent together.

“I’ll do the dishes.” She said as she got up.

I grabbed her arm. “Just do them in the morning,” I whined. “Let’s go sit out on the balcony instead.”

She smiled at me. “Okay. Anything for you.”

My heart skipped a beat when I heard her words. Was she serious? Anything for me?

She put the dishes in the sink and held her hand out to me.

“Are you coming?” She asked, tilting her head to side.

I nodded happily and took her hand. She led me upstairs, through the bedroom and out onto the balcony. It was a beautiful night, as the moon was out and the stars shone, the sound of the waves as they gently crashed onto the shore.

We sat on the small outdoor couch. I inhaled the fresh sea air and took in the view of the ocean.

“It’s so beautiful.” She smiled.

We sat in comforta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter