My Rock, My safety, My Happiness

The Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10: My Rock, My Safety, My Happiness

 

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking a few times, until I got used to the sunlight that was pouring through my windows.

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand as I sat up. I was still wearing my black dress. I saw my heels neatly placed beside my bed.

Suddenly last night’s events came flooding back into my memory.

The locket from all those years ago, Siwon, the ride home from the party and when I asked Taeyeon to stay with me.

I remember her face when she heard my plead. She was smiling warmly as she went around to other side of the bed and put her arm around me. When I felt her body close to mine, I fell asleep instantly, knowing that I was safe.

I quickly turned around to see that it was just me inside my room.

Where had she gone? Did she tell my parents what happened? Could she have left?

All these questions were swirling through my head. I felt the tears starting to brim my eyelids at the thought of her leaving.

I began to sob helplessly, thinking she had left.

“Tiffany, what’s the matter?”

I looked up to find her standing at the top of the stairs, holding a silver tray of food, wearing a very concerned expression on her face.

When she saw my tears, she quickly set the tray down on the nightstand and rushed to my side. Putting her arm around me and pulling into a hug.

“I thought you left me.” I sobbed into her shirt.

I felt her hand rubbing my back soothingly. Her actions instantly calmed me down.

“Why on earth would I leave you?” She asked.

I looked up at her. My eyes probably red and puffy.

“I don’t know....” I trailed off.

Why was I crying? Why did the thought of her leaving me, make me want to cry until I couldn’t anymore?

“That doesn’t matter now.” She said calmly as I laid my head back on her shoulder.

“Where did you go?” I asked quietly.

“I went to get you breakfast. I told your parents you were too tired to come to the dining hall, and that I would bring it to you.”

I looked back up at her and smiled. “Thanks Taeyeon. You’re the best.” I said, wiping my tears away.

“Here, you should eat something. Since we didn’t eat much last night.” She said, laying the tray across my lap.

I looked down at the porridge in disgust. “I don’t like porridge.” I said stubbornly, pushing the bowl away.

“Fany-ah,” She sighed. “You haven’t eaten anything since yesterday afternoon.”

I shook my head like a child. “No.”

“What if I fed you?” She asked with a grin as she picked up the spoon from the tray.

She scooped some of the substance onto the spoon and held it in front of my mouth, waiting for me to open.

I turned my head away. “No, I told you, I don’t like porridge.”

“Oh, come on! Please Fany-ah! I made it just for you!” She pleaded.

I raised my eyebrow at her. “You made this?”

She nodded her head and smiled at me.

If this was anyone else, I would’ve rejected straight away and not give it any thought. But because this is Taeyeon we were talking about, I couldn’t help but give in. And the fact that she made it herself just made things harder.

“Fine.” I huffed, like I was angry, but really I was happy that she was feeding me.

As she put the spoon into my open mouth, I was expecting to taste something similar to wet cardboard, but instead, I was greeted by a sweet, warm taste that made my stomach feel all fuzzy.

She removed the spoon from my mouth as I swallowed the warm contents.

“Well?” She asked, a hint of worry in her eyes.

I nodded my head furiously. “It’s amazing! How did you make this?” I exclaimed.

She tapped her nose and smiled smugly. “It’s a secret recipe.”

Before I could retort Henry interrupted us. “I’m sorry to interrupt, but the King would like to speak with you both in the main living area. He said it is important and that you should be there as soon as possible.” Henry stated, bowed and left.

I looked at Taeyeon, puzzled. “What do you think it is?”

She shrugged her shoulders. “You finish this and get dressed. I‘ll be waiting down stairs.”

I nodded my head, slightly disappointed that she wasn’t going to feed me.

I got ready as fast as I could, knowing that this meeting was important. I walked down the stairs to find Taeyeon playing with my iPad.

“Taeyeon,” I called, she looked up at me and smiled. “Ready to go?”

She nodded her head and placed the iPad back on the coffee table. She got up and extended her hand to me and smiled “Let’s go.”

 I smiled as I linked arms with her.

We walked to the main living room in comfortable silence.

When we entered I saw that my whole entire family was there, even Michelle and her husband, Donghae.

They all smiled at us when they noticed that our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter