Epilogue

I Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15 Years Later

----- Seoul -----

 

"Mommy... Mommy... When will they arrive?" We can hear a girl whine to her mommy in a peace afternoon. It's not the first time she whine like that. We can hear it from the morning.

"They will arrive soon dear. And please, stop whining. You're not a kid anymore. You're 15 and a teenager now." The mommy told her in soft tone.

"But I wanna meet them soon mommy. I miss them so bad." said the girl who won't stop whining and it makes her mother feels irritated.

"CHOI SUMMER! Please stop it now. Or else, no desert for you for a month!" The mommy said in cold tone and death glare. It scares her daughter and Summer can only pout for now. "Mommy is meanie." When the mommy see her daughter's pout, she can't hold her smile and giggle softly. Then she hug her daughter.

"My cute daughter," she smile and her daughter's hair. Summer hug her mommy back and smile. Suddenly, they heard the door opened. "Summer ah!" A girl shout Summer's name. Summer release the hug quickly and run toward the sound and the girl tightly. "Hyuna ah!"

The adults only chuckle because of their action. "Woah, woah. You miss your cousin a.k.a your bestfriend that much huh? Both of you meet at school every day," a guy tease the teens and make them pout together.

"Uncle Tae. Don't tease us." Summer whine again.

"Yeah, don't tease us dad." Hyuna nod her head, agree with Summer's word.

"I thought you missed us Summer, not only your best cousin here?" Yuri join the conversation. Summer smile and give thumbs up to the adult. "So where's my hug?" Now Amber in. Summer walk to the adults and hug Yuri, Suzy, Amber, Krystal, Taeyeon, and Tiffany.

"Where's my favorite dongsaengs auntie?" Summer look at Suzy and Krystal.

"They're still with your daddy Summer ah. They have surprise for you," Suzy smile to her, "and for Hyuna too."

Summer and Hyuna can't hide their curiousity. "What surprise?" They ask in sync.

"You'll see dear," Krystal giggle and wink to them.

"Yah auntie ah. Please tell us. We're curious," they are pouting again and the adults just laugh. Tiffany pats their head. "Better we listen to Jessica's story while we wait for Soo and the surprise." Suddenly, Summer and Hyuna face become bright.

"Yeah, lets hear it and continue the story. Last time, you told us when daddy confessed to you," Summer tug Jessica's shirt softly.

"Alright, alright. But lets sit first." They sit quickly. Jessica giggles softly. "And the story ..."

 

Flashback (three months after Sooyoung becomes blind)

------ USA ------

 

It has been three months since Sooyoung became blind. He has already accepted that he can't see anymore. But he still can s smile because he has his lovely girlfriend now, Jessica Jung. And one day, doctor told him and Jessica that he would see again. There's the donor for his eyes, but the donor is in USA. So here they are now at USA.

"Sica baby. Are you sure this is the best decision?" Sooyoung feels nervous and hold Jessica's hand tightly.

Jessica smile and squeeze his hand softly to calm him. "Yes baby. Don't worry about it ok?"

"But I'm nervous baby. What if it failed?"

Jessica cups Sooyoung's face and give a soft peck on his lips. "You still have me Youngie baby.Don't worry about it. I'm here for you and I always love you. So, don't mind it ok?"

Sooyoung hug Jessica tight. "Thanks baby. At least I still have you". Jessica smiles and returns the hug.

A doctor come in and interrupt their moment. "Uhm, sorry for interrupt you. But are you ready Mr. Bae?" Sooyoung just nod and hold Jessica's hand again. Then, they go to surgery room. The surgery goes for hours and doctor said it went well and we can see how the result in a week. 

 

A week later

Sooyoung's POV

 

This is the day I've been waiting for a week. Jessica is here, also the others. They come here only to see how's the result. And yeah, I'm really really nervous. If I can see again, I'll propose Jessica to be my wife. I've already asked Taeyeon, Yuri, and Amber help to find the right ring for her. I hope this plan can go well.

I feel the doctor stand beside me. "Are you ready Mr. Bae?" I only nod. The doctor begin to unwrap my eyes' cover and suddenly someone hold my hand and squeeze it lightly. I know it's Jessica and somehow it makes me calm. Doctor finish uncover my eyes.

"Mr. Bae, please open your eyes slowly," doctor gave the instruction. I follow his instruction and open my eyes slowly. I blink my eyes because of the light. The first person I wanna see is Jessica and here she is look at me with worry face.

I face her and hear she whisper my name, "Sooyoungie?" I cup her face then I give her my best smile. "Sica baby." I trace her face with my fingers. "Finally, I can see your beautiful face again." She hug me tight and I can feel she is crying right now.

Know she's being emotional right now, I pat her back softly. "Baby, don't cry please." I whisper on her ear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter