What Hurts The Most

I Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Jung's Home ------

Jessica's POV

We have an important dinner tonight at home. Dad told us he had something important to say, especially for me. From what I see, it's only Jung's family and Bae's family. Honestly, I have a bad feeling about this. But, he haven't said anything yet until we finish our food. I look at my mom and she just smile softly to comfort me.

"Alright. Since we have finished our food, I think I can start it now." Dad clear his throat to start his speech. "This is an important thing to say, especially for you Jessica. Me and Ji Soo were bestfriends. We had our promises to each other. One of them is we agree to arrange marriage for our children. That means Jessica and Sooyoung were engaged before they were born."

WHAT? Me and Sooyoung engaged? No way. It doesn't mean I don't want. But it just like that. Then I spacing out.

 

Flashback (after SooSIca's time at elementary school)

Author's POV

"Sica. Before we go home, I need to visit Hara first. I should bring food for her. Is it ok?" Sooyoung asked Jessica while driving.

"I guess it's ok for me." Jessica try to hide her jealously in her tone. Sooyoung doesn't notice it because he's busy driving.

In a few minutes, they arrive at Hara's house. Sooyoung knock the door and Hara open it. "Hei, Soo." Hara hug him. "Oh, hi Jessica-ssi." Hara release the hug and bow a little.

"Hi Hara-ssi." Jessica smile awkwardly.

"How do you feel now Hara?" Sooyoung touch Hara/s forehead with his hand.

"I'm feeling better Soo." Hara smile sweetly.

"But it seems you still slightly hot Hara. Let eat first ok? I bring you a pouridge." Sooyoung pat Hara's head softly.

Jessica just keep silent when she saw Sooyoung and Hara interaction. Sooyoung notice it and poke Jessica cheeks. "Don't tell me you're spacing out again Sica." Sooyoung smile to her and Jessica just smile back. "Hara. You should rest. Just sit on the couch with Sica. I'll take care your food."

Jessica just sit on the couch with Hara. It's totally awkward. Then Hara speak first. "So, Jessica-ssi. You're the one who accompany Soo. What do you think about the kids?"

"Ah, they're cute. I love spent time with them. Anyway, just call me Jessica and drop the formality." Jessica smile to Hara.

"Oh, ok Jessica. Then you should call me Hara." Jessica nodded.

Sooyoung back to the living room and bring a bowl of pouridge. "I guess you two get along well. And you Hara. You should eat this. I'll feed you."

"But I can eat by myself Soo." Hara whined and slightly embarrassed.

"Nope. I know you won't eat this. You and your diet things. Same with Sica. Girls." Sooyoung shook his head. "Now, open your mouth and let me feed you." Hara open and Sooyoung feed her happily. Seeing this, Jessica being hurt again.

"Uhm, Hara. Where's the bathroom?" Jessica try to hide her jealously.

"Oh, there in the back. Soo, take her to the bathroom please." Sooyoung nod and show the way then .He back to Hara again while Jessica try to calm herself in the bathroom.

"Soo. I need to speak with you." Hara said.

"What is that Hara? Just say it." Sooyoung look at Hara and smile.

Hara take a deep breathe. "Here's the thing. You were my crush at high school. I thought it just a crush. But, after I met you again and being close with you, I feel it's not just a crush. I love you Choi Sooyoung." Before So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter