I Like You Too...As A Friend

I Love You But You Can't Love Me

Tiffany's POV

Taeyeon had been avoiding me for a week and I did not know why. Every time I tried to talk to her, she would say she was busy and walk away. I saw her walking by and grabbed her hand. She was shocked for a second but I dragged her to a corner.

 

She did not seem happy to meet me. She had a cold expression on and it hurt my heart. I wanted to know she was acting like that. She was not even looking at me. "Why are you avoiding me TaeTae?" I asked. 

 

"Why do you even care? We're only friends aren't we?" Taeyeon replied coldly.

 

"It's because we're friends that's why I care," I said and held onto both of her arms. She pulled away and chuckled bitterly. I tilted my head and only stared at her. Taeyeon was creeping me out. "What's so funny TaeTae?" I asked.

 

"Nothing, my friend," Taeyeon said coldly and walked away.

 

For the whole day, I was wondering what Taeyeon was trying to tell me. She always keep her feelings and thoughts to herself. I was in a train of thoughts until I saw Jiwoong oppa. He walked towards me with a charming smile.

 

"You are Tippani right?"he asked coolly while rubbing his neck nervously. I giggled at his action and pronunciation of my name. He was just the same as the first time I met TaeTae. I nodded.

 

"Do you want to...you know...go on a date with me?"Jiwoong oppa asked shyly.

 

"Sure oppa!"I said loudly. Everyone looked at me weirdly. I apologized and looked away in embarrassment. Jiwoong chuckled and grinned at me. "The smile,"I thought."It reminds me of TaeTae."

 

"Are you alright Tippani?"Jiwoong oppa asked as he looked at me, worried.

 

"The way he pronounced my name is the same too,"I thought.

 

"Tippani?"Jiwoong oppa called.I snapped out and smiled at him.

 

"Mianhae.You remind me of my friend,"I said. He laughed and ruffled my hair. It was not as affectionate as Taeyeon's one though."Pabo,Why are you comparing oppa with TaeTae?"I scolded myself mentally.

 

"Who's your friend?"Jiwoong oppa asked.

 

"It's Taeyeon,"I replied.

 

"So she's only a friend and not best friend?"Jiwoong oppa asked and tilted her head.

 

I finally knew why Taeyeon was upset. I called her a friend instead of best friend. I need to find her and apologize now. "I'll see you after school oppa. I'm going to find TaeTae to apologize,"I said and ran to find Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon's POV

Why do I care so much about whether am I her friend or best friend?At least I'm still her friend.I messed my hair up and punched a random locker. "Woah,what's wrong with you Taeng?"Yuri asked me and hold onto both my shoulders.

 

"It's nothing,"I lied.I did not want them to know.By them I mean YoonYul.They are always together.

 

"Tell us unnie~"Yoona asked in her aegyo voice.

 

"It's none of your business alright?!"I shouted and walked away.I did not mean to shout at them but I was not thinking straight.

 

I was walking to wherever my legs were taking me to until I felt someone grabbed onto my wrist again. I wanted to pull away since I knew it was Tiffany again but my face turned red when I felt her hugging me. "Don't even try to escape," she said as I was struggling from her grip. I gave up and let her do what ever to me. She spinned me around and hugged me. "Mianhaeyo. You're my best friend. I'm sorry for only calling you a friend," she said.

 

I sighed and pulled away from the hug. I put my hands on her shoulder and said, "It's alright. I forgive you."

 

Tiffany flashed her eye smile and that made my heart beat rapidly. "I've got something to tell you TaeTae," she said.

 

"What is it?" I asked.

 

"Jiwoong oppa just asked me out," Tiffany said excitedly.

 

"Oh, congrats," I said and put on a fake smile.

 

"Thanks. He has the same smile and the way he pronounces my name is the same as you," Tiffany said and giggled.

 

"Of course, he is my brother," I muttered.

 

"What did you say?" Tiffany said and tilted her head.

 

"Nothing," I said. "I like you Pani-ah."

 

My eyes widened after what I had just said. I scolded my self in my mind and cursed some words in my mind. Tiffany giggled and I raised an eyebrow. "What's so funny?" I asked.

 

"I like you too TaeTae," Tiffany said. I could not belive what she said but I wished she had not said the next sentence. "I like you too as a friend," she said and  showed her eye-smile again.

 

"I got to go Pani-ah," I said and turned my back to her. I felt her grab my wrist again.

 

"You're not mad at me again right?" she asked. She sounded really sad.

 

"Of course not. I've got some things to do," I said. She let go of my wrist and I left without saying goodbye.