We're Only Friends?Not Best Friends?

I Love You But You Can't Love Me

I was at the ice cream shop with Tiffany Hwang,my crush and best friend.I was bored at home so I decided to call Tiffany and invite her to eat ice cream with me.She knew she could not say no since I would always do my rare aegyo on her.I was happily eating my vanilla flavoured ice cream until Jiwoong entered the shop.I sighed and put down my ice cream when I saw Tiffany staring intensely at him like a predator.

 

"Pani-ah,what's so good about him?"I asked and pouted.

 

I think Tiffany did not care how I was feeling.The way she replied to me really hurt my heart."At least he's better than you.He has a job,the money and the looks,"she replied dreamily.

 

"Oh,"I said,not able to say anything else.She smiled at me and went back to staring at Jiwoong.I grabbed my ice cream back and stuffed as many as I could into my mouth.I did not realised that some of my ice cream was coming out of my mouth when I felt somebody wiping my shirt.I swallowed everything in and looked down.I saw Tiffany wiping my clothes.Once she was done,she looked up at me with a stern look.I felt my face heat up after realising where she was wiping.

 

"Are you an adult or a kid TaeTae?"she asked.

 

"Well,I want to be forever a kid.You can't change me,"I replied and stuck my tongue out.She shook her head and smiled.

 

"You always have a reason after I say something,"Tiffany said and patted my head.

 

"Yah!Only I can do that to you,"I said and fixed my hair.

 

Tiffany stuck her tongue out this time.I puffed my cheeks and looked to where Jiwoong was sitting.He was about to leave and I smiled.Finally,no distraction.I felt my heart sink when I saw Tiffany frowned.I did not like it when she frown.It really makes me sad."I'll help you get him Pani-ah.I know lots about him,"I said and showed her a smile when I know that deep inside,I was frowning.

 

"Jinjja?"she said,her eyes filled with sparks.

 

I nodded and she hugged me.I felt my heart skipped a beat when our skin came into contact.She pecked my cheek and that shocked me."Gomawo TaeTae,"she said and smiled.I smiled back."If what I'm doing makes you happy,I'll be happy to help you,"I thought.

 

Tiffany and I were walking with our hands intertwined.We were now at the park enjoying the wind.Holding hands meant nothing to me before I had feelings for Tiffany.However,now,holding her hands were precious to me.It was rare for us to hold hands since Tiffany developed feelings for Jiwoong.Every time I wanted to grab her hand,she would always put it in her pocket.

 

"Have you ever be in a relationship with a guy TaeTae?How does it feel like?"Tiffany asked and looked at me.

 

"I've never dated a guy actually.Only girls,"I replied honestly.I could not lie to Tiffany.I feel guilty whenever I lied to Tiffany.

 

"You never told me you are not straight like SooSica and YoonYul,"Tiffany said.She did not seem to mind about it.

 

"Not only them.SunByung and HyoHyun are also a couple,"I thought.I sighed and looked at the sky.It was getting darker.

 

"Since I know you're not straight now,you're not falling for me right?"Tiffany said and stopped walking.She let go of my hands and looked at me as if my face had all the answer to her question.

 

"Of course not.I want a girl who loves me like how she loves me and someone who wants to stay forever like a child even if they knew that it's not going to happen,"I replied,lying about the first sentence.I felt my tears wanting to fall but I kept it in.I was used to it.

 

"That's good then.I do not want you to feel hurt,"Tiffany said."I better go home now.We'll meet tomorrow at my house okay?"

________________________________________________________________________

Tiffany's POV

After Taeyeon sent me home,I felt empty when Taeyeon left.I did not know why but I shrugged it away.I was happy that Taeyeon was going to help me get Jiwoong.I was curious though when she said she knew everything about Jiwoong?Were they actually a couple before?It could not be.She said herself that she was not straight.

 

I was now wondering whether what Taeyeon had said about not liking me was true or not.She could be weird sometimes but that was what made her special."Why am I thinking of Taeyeon right now?"I thought.I stood up from the sofa and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

The next day,exactly at noon,Taeyeon arrived at my house with a bag full of snacks in her hands.I took it away from her hands and brought it to the kitchen.Taeyeon entered my house and sat down instead of at the sofa.She was always like that.She did not like to seat on the sofa.She thought that it was rude when she is sitting on the sofa while the owner is sitting on the floor.

 

"So,what are we going to do?"Taeyeon asked as she rested her head on the table.

 

"You said you know about Jiwoong oppa.So,tell me,"I said and sat beside her but on the sofa.I did not want any scolding from her.

 

"Ah,"Taeyeon said cutely."He's a jerk,likes to play with people's feeling whether the person is a female or male,doesn't take relationships seriously and he hates me."

 

I beat her hand and glared at her."Don't talk about oppa like that!"I shouted.

 

"I was joking okay,"I heard muttered but she sounded sad.

 

"Mianhae,TaeTae,"I said and hugged her.She pushed my hands away and faced her back to me.I felt guilty all of the sudden."Mianhaeyo.We're friends aren't we?"I said.

 

She stood up from the ground and grabbed her bag.She opened the front door and slammed it.I looked out of the window."Is she crying?"I thought as I saw her tears falling freely.Did I do something wrong?

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One done and I don't think it's really related to the story.I'll try to make my story longer too.Nvm about that,I'll get into the story soon and try to make it longer ^^