Jieun

I Love You But You Can't Love Me

Taeyeon's POV

I was walking around Seoul, not knowing where to go and not wanting to go home yet. I felt like somebody was following me but I just ignored it. I heard the footsteps coming closer and turned around. I sighed when I saw YoonYul looking somewhere else like they were not following me. "What do you guys want?" I asked.

 

"We followed you because we did not want you to do something stupid," Yuri said bluntly. 

 

"Yah! I'm not that stupid," I said and pouted. I folded and walked away from them. I did not see where I going and bumped into someone. I saw her about to fall down and grabbed her hand, causing me to fall along with her.

 

"And clumsy too," Yuri added. I ignored what ever she said and looked at the girl who was under me. I saw her blushing and I was blushing as well. I quickly got off her and pulled out my hand. She held onto it and I pulled her up. "I'm sorry," I said and bowed.

 

"No, it's my fault," she said and bowed.

 

"Awwww,you guys are cute!" YoonYul said. The both of us looked at them. They were looking at us like they were watching a drama or something.

 

"My name's Taeyeon," I said and smiled.

 

"I'm Jieun," she said and bowed.

 

"I'm Yuri and that's Yoona,"Yuri said as she shoved me aside. I glared at her but she acted like it was nothing."Do you want to join us for lunch?" Yuri asked.

 

"If I'm not bothering you guys,sure,"Jieun said and smiled.

 

YoonYul looked at me. "Sure I'll go as well,"I said and smiled."My stomach's a little empty."

 

"Yay!"YoonYul shouted. Yuri grabbed my hand while Yoona grabbed Jieun's. They did not bother about the looks people were giving at all and ran all the way to the nearest restaurant.

 

I was seated in front of Jieun while YoonYul sat in front of each other. Jieun and I were awkward with each other. "So,"I said, starting the conversation."Where do you school at?"

 

"I'm going to be a freshman at Seoul College," Jieun replied shyly.

 

"So that means I'm older than you,"I said and smiled. "I'm 23 this year."

 

"Why did you guys leave us alone. We want to talk too,"Yuri said. Jieun and I turned to YoonYul and saw the both of them pouting. Anger was burning inside of me but I just smiled forcefully at them. They knew how I was feeling if I smiled to them like that. YoonYul gulped and quickly looked at the menu.

 

"So Taeyeon unnie,what's your hobby?" Jieun asked.

 

"I like to sing. I compose my own songs whence I'm bored," I replied with a smile. I'm proud whenever someone asks me about my hobby. Singing was like everything to me.

 

"Me too!" Jieun said excitedly. She realised how excited she sound and quickly apologized to me. "Mianhae," she said.

 

I chuckled and shook my head. "it's alright," I said reassuringly.

 

Just then, I saw Tiffany entering the restaurant with Jiwoong. I rolled my eyes but continued looking at them. They looked happy. "What are you looking at Taeyeon unnie?" Jieun asked and turned around.

 

"Nothing. I was just wondering why there are not a lot of customers during this time. It's usually packed," I said and Jieun turned back.

 

"TaeTae? What are you doing here? Who is this girl?" Tiffany asked and pointed at Jieun.

 

"I'm here because I'm hungry. This girl here is Jieun, my new friend and a freshman at Seoul College," I replied but looked at Jiwoong. He had a smirk on his face. "I see you brought this player along," I said and glared at Jiwoong.

 

"He is not a player! Just because you don't like guys does not mean they are evil," Tiffany said angrily.

 

"What ever you say," I said bluntly.

 

Tiffany raised up her hand and wanted to slap me. I stood from my seat, challenging her but she put her hand down and walked away angrily.

 

"She will never believe you Taeyeon. She loves me not you," Jiwoong said and smirked. He turned around and followed Tiffany.

 

I sat back down and leaned on the chair. "Chill Taeng," Yuri said and patted my shoulder.

 

I looked at Jieun. She looked really confused. "That guy is my evil brother, Jiwoong. Tippani's head over heels for him that she does not even believe me,"I explained to Jieun although she did not ask.

 

"Why are you telling me all this? It's not like I don't want to know though," Jieun said and waved her hands in front of me.

 

"I don't know why but I feel like I trust you that's why," I said and smiled.

 

"We need to go now," Yuri said. "We've got a date at the amusement park."

"Bye," I said and grinned.

 

"Yah! You're not sad we're leaving?" Yoona asked and pouted.

 

"Nah," I said and shrugged.

 

YoonYul turned their backs towards me and stomped out of the restaurant. I chuckled and turned back to Jieun. "Are they a couple unnie?" she asked curiously.

 

"Yeah," I replied. "You're okay with it right?"

 

"I'm totally alright with it," Jieun said and did two thumbs up.

 

"Cute," I said. I saw her blushed. "Do you want me to send you back to the college? Classes starts at 2 right?"

 

"It's alright Taeyeon unnie. I can go myself," Jieun said and stood I'll from her seat.

 

"I've got nothing to do and I want to visit some of my teachers there. Especially Narsha unnie," I said and smiled at the thought of my Maths teacher.

 

"I wonder how she got to be a Maths teacher," Jieun and I said at the same time.

 

The both of us looked at each other and laughed. I opened the door and waited for Jieun to go out first. "Gomawo," she said.

 

We were at the front of the college and Jieun had to get to class already. "I'll see you around? Maybe I could teach some music classes if Leeteuk oppa allows me," I said and tilted my head slightly.

 

"You mean Mr Park?" Jieun said.

 

"Yeah, Mr Park," I said and rubbed the back of my neck.

 

There was a minute of silence. Jieun and I were staring at each other. I moved closer and to my surprise, Jieun moved closer as well.

 

"Taengoo,Jieun?" someone said.

 

The both of us were surprised and we accidentally kissed. It was not on accidental since we sort of wanted to kiss each other.