Hope

I Love You But You Can't Love Me
Author's POV

"I love you Kim Taeyeon. I'm not going to be a coward anymore," said Tiffany after hugging Taeyeon.

 

The older girl did not say a word but just nodded. She felt guilty that she was the reason why Siwon got into the hospital. Siwon was a good guy but Jiwoong made him do bad things.

 

"That's all you can do? Just nod?" Tiffany said, raising her voice. Taeyeon bit her lower lip and looked down. Tiffany pushed Taeyeon away and turned around.

 

"I got to act fast," Taeyeon thought. She was feeling guilty but she did not want to miss this chance. She wanted to move a step forward but did not. Taeyeon sighed and watched Tiffany slowly disappearing from her sight.

 

"Sorry," she said softly to herself. "I just had a lot in mind lately."

--

 

Taeyeon walked slowly into the streets. She was jealous of seeing other couples being mushy with one another. "You're the coward now Kim Taeyeon," she scolded herself. Little did she know Tiffany had heard her saying that.

 

Taeyeon felt something someone back hugging her. She felt something wet at the back of her shirt and found out that the person was crying. Taeyeon did not need to knee who it was after hearing the person's voice. "You're an idiot, Taeyeon. But I'm not angry at you. I can't stay angry at you," Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeon sighed. "I am sorry Pani ah. A lot of things happened within that day. I don't know why my brother is doing all this."

 

"I just hope that the police will find him and bring him behind bars," Tiffany said with a hint of anger in her voice.

 

"I love you as well, Tiffany. I've been waiting and now you're finally telling me your true feelings for me," Taeyeon said lovingly, changing the subject. She did not want to talk about her brother for the time being.

 

"Promise me you would never leave me," Tiffany said seriously.

 

"We've been making a lot of promises lately. Isn't this-"

 

Tiffany elbowed Taeyeon's stomach. "I promise," the older girl said and released one of her arms from Tiffany's waist and rubbed her stomach. "I didn't know you were violent," Taeyeon muttered. Unfortunately, Tiffany heard it and stepped onto Taeyeon's foot. "Is that how you're going to treat me for the rest of our lives?"

 

"Maybe," Tiffany said playfully. "But if you watch what you say and do, I might change my mind."

 

Taeyeon pouted but then frowned suddenly thinking about Sooyoung. They were supposed to be friends forever. That was their promise. She kept so many promises but it looked like she was already breaking some. "Can you accompany me to see the shikshin?" Taeyeon asked. She was not confident of seeing the younger girl alone.

 

"Sure," Tiffany simply replied and the both of them went to the hospital, where Sooyoung was.

 

Coincidentally, Sooyoung had left Siwon's room and was heading to the cafeteria. Taeyeon stopped her with her head hung low. Sooyoung folded her arms and rolled her eyes.

 

"What do you want?" she asked coldly. She knew that Taeyeon was not at fault but she could not believe that Taeyeon only saved her own life.

 

"I'm really sorry. It was the first thing that came into my mind. I had to save my own life first," Taeyeon replied. "Think about it Soo. If I was in the hospital instead of Siwon, what would happen to Tiffany? You heard our brothers saying they wanted to share Tiffany!"

 

Tiffany was shocked when she heard what Taeyeon had said. She wanted to say something but she didn't not want to disturb SooTae's talk.

 

Sooyoung sighed and pulled Taeyeon into a hug. "I'm sorry too," she apologized. "I'm sorry for being a bad friend."

 

"Sooyoung...oh Tiffany, are you here to visit Siwon?" Mr Choi said and then turned at Taeyeon. "You are?"

 

Taeyeon pointed at herself but when she saw Mr Choi staring at her. She bowed awkwardly and introduced herself, "My name is Kim Taeyeon and I am friends with this Shik....I am friends with your daughter."

 

Mr Choi chuckled. "It's okay to call her a Shikshin. We are used to it," he said and smiled. "What brings you here?"

 

"I am here to apologize to Sooyoung and I think I need to apologize to you too Mr Choi," Taeyeon replied and bowed once again.

 

"Apologize for?"

 

"It was my fault why Siwon oppa is in the hospital. He just wanted to save me," Taeyeon said and lied at the last part.

 

"It's alright Taeyeon. We forgive you. By the way, once Siwon is alright, he is going to get married to Tiffany. I hope you can attend the wedding," Mr Choi told Taeyeon.

 

"Listen, father," Sooyoung said to her father. "Tiffany... is just like me."

 

Mr Choi's expression was still the same. "I don't really mind but your father Tiffany, you know his against it right?" Mr Choi said to Tiffany. The latter nodded and leaned against Taeyeon. "So you and Taeyeon are dating?" Mr Choi asked.

 

"What? You guys are official?" Sooyoung asked. "When?"

 

"A few hours ago," Tiffany replied shyly.

 

"Your father's not going to be happy if he hears this," Mr Choi said and rubbed his temples.

 

"Mr Hwang knows me but only as Tiffany's best friend," Taeyeon told Mr Choi. She just thought that Mr Choi needed to know this.

 

"Siwon oppa knows all about this Mr Choi," Tiffany said.

 

The couple felt that it was alright for them to trust Mr Choi. The old man nodded and said, "I'll try to call off the wedding somehow. I need the help of you two as well."

 

"Thank you for supporting us, Mr Choi!" TaeNy said and bowed at Sooyoung's father. He chuckled in amusement and smiled.

 

"Anything for my daughter's friends," he said. Sooyoung hugged him. "I'll be going in now."

--

 

The couple were in Taeyeon's room, cuddling. Tiffany was seated on Taeyeon's lap with her arms wrapped around Taeyeon's neck. Taeyeon had her arms on the bed. They were both studying each other's features without saying anything.

 

Taeyeon moved forward and caressed Tiffany's face. "You're so beautiful Pani ah," she said breathlessly. Tiffany showed her eye smile and literally melt Taeyeon inside and outside.

 

"What should we do now TaeTae? I'm fine with just staring at your cute adorable face," Tiffany said and giggled. "Or maybe, we can do...you know..."

 

Taeyeon chuckled and shook her head. "We are not going to do it. Not until all the problems are over," Taeyeon said and smirked. She did not know her girlfriend was impatient. "I'm proud to have you as a girlfriend although you hurt me a lot of time."

 

Tiffany scrunched her nose and hit Taeyeon's chest lightly. "Yah TaeTae. Don't make me feel guilty," she whined.

 

Taeyeon smiled slightly and enveloped the younger girl into a hug. "We'll go through this together alright? Everything will be alright I hope."

 

A/N: I want your opinion guys...Would you rather I write in a 3rd person's POV or Taeyeon/ Tiffany's POV?