Arranged Marriage

I Love You But You Can't Love Me
Tiffany's POV

It has been a week since I was with Taeyeon. I avoided her at all cause although I wanted to run to her and give her a hug. I missed her. I missed her so much. Why can't I just accept her? Why was my mind stopping me from doing so?

 

I was at home with my family. Siwon oppa's family was there too. Daddy invited them. Siwon oppa was a nice guy but I could not love him. I tried but I could not. If I marry him, I would only hurt him because I do not even love him. It would only be one-sided.

 

"Come and join us Tiffany," daddy called. I nodded and sat beside my father. Siwon oppa smiled widely at me and I ree to him. I pretended that I was interested in whatever they were talking about so no one would find me suspicious.

 

"I don't feel well. Can I rest in my room daddy?" I lied. I did not want to here any of the conversations anymore. The two families were planning about marrying me to Siwon oppa.

 

Daddy nodded and I walked to my room. I jumped onto my bed and covered my face with a pillow. My phone rang and I picked it up without looking at the ID.

 

"I miss you Tiffany."

 

I quickly hang up after hearing the voice. It belonged to Jiwoong oppa. Taeyeon promised to take care of me. She was breaking her promise. "It was your fault pabo,"my mind told me.

 

I sighed and closed my eyes. It was my fault. If I was not confused and had accepted to be Taeyeon's girlfriend, I was sure I would not be like this.

 

If I was with Taeyeon, I could be in her arms whenever I wanted to. That was when I realised I missed her warmth. I missed her touches, her calming words. I did not want to see an angry Taeyeon again. She was scary.

 

"I wish you are here to help with my problems mummy," I said to no one and looked up at my ceiling. "I wish you are here with me too Taeyeon. I'm sorry for not realizing my feelings sooner."

 

There was a knock on the door and I told the person to come in. I was surprised it was Siwon oppa. I sat up and asked, "What are you doing here?"

 

"Our fathers have decided the date for our marriage. I tried to oppose but they ignored me. I tried everything," Siwon oppa replied. I could see that he tried his best. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

 

"If that's what they want, we'll get married then," I said. It hurt me to say it but I did not want to disappoint daddy. "You want to right?"

 

"O-Of course," Siwon oppa said. He sounded surprised. "But aren't you hurting yourself? Aren't you hurting the other party too?"

 

"You're a great guy oppa. You got everything that a girl wants. Maybe if I try harder, I could move on and love you instead," I explained.

 

"I think we need to stay away from each other for a moment. You need to sort out your feelings and I am willing to wait," Taeyeon said. "We will start tomorrow. After a month, if you don't come back to me but I see you with someone else, I'll take that as a rejection."

 

"When is the marriage oppa?" I asked and looked at him.

 

"Your father wanted it to be fast so it will be in three weeks time," Siwon oppa replied and shrugged.

 

That meant I had to let Taeyeon go. She would take it as a rejection. While I would be happy, she would be hurt. This was not fair at all. For now, I am going to keep the marriage a secret.

 

"Oppa, I'm here~"

 

A tall girl entered my room and I was shocked to see her. "S-Sooyoung?" I stuttered. She looked just as shocked as I was.

 

"You're the one that my brother is going to get married to?" Sooyoung asked. "What about Taeyeon then?"

 

"I'll leave you two alone," Siwon oppa said and walked out of the room. Sooyoung closed the door and sat beside me.

 

"Are you crazy?! Haven't you seen Taeyeon's condition right now? She looks really lifeless. Like a walking dead," Sooyoung said frantically.

 

"Huh?" I could only say.

 

Sooyoung sighed and put both her hands on my shoulder. "What I'm trying to tell you is that Taeyeon needs you badly and the one month thing she told you should not have happened," Sooyoung said seriously. "That midget hasn't been eating. She does not even want to drink. All she does is stay at the corner of the room, waiting for you. It's hard to handle her you know."

 

"But the wedding is in three weeks time. I can't just go and tell my father that I'm gay and I am in love with my best friend, Taeyeon," I said matter-of-fact and rolled my eyes.

 

"Jessica did say that to her parents. That's why she's with me now," Sooyoung said and scratched the back of her head.

 

"That's her parents. Not mine," I said.

 

"I am not stopping you from marrying my brother but let me tell you something," Sooyoung said and got close to me. "Lately, oppa has been coming home late. I overheard his conversation and the person he has been meeting is Jiwoong."

 

"What?!" I shouted. "Your brother is friends with Jiwoong oppa? Siwon oppa looks so innocent to be a part of Jiwoong oppa's group."

 

"I didn't say he was in the group but I think my brother is threatened," Sooyoung further explained. "That's not the point. Now back to Taeyeon, she really needs you badly and I know you need her too."

 

"I'll try to call of the marriage before the one month ends. If I manage to call it off, I will straight away run to Taeyeon. If it fails, I guess you would be my sister-in-law," I said. All I need to do now was to stop the wedding. Please wait Taeyeon ah.

 

A/N: Another update~ Most of my updates are only around 1000-1500 words.

 

I was joking when I said TaeNy won't be official. It would be like eating cake without icing and ice cream without toppings...okay, that was lame.

 

A fact about me: I am born on April 12~ Same with Oh Sehun from Exo K!! He's not my bias though...Kyungsoo(D.O) is :p