We're Just Best Friends

I Love You But You Can't Love Me

Author's POV

 

Taeyeon was alone at home. There was a knock on her door and she walked slowly to the front door. "Yah, Kim Taeyeon! Hurry up and open the door. Yoongie and I are freezing here," Yuri shouted from behind the door. Taeyeon did not care and took her own sweet time.

 

Once she opened the door, YoonYul launched themselves at Taeyeon. They glared at Taeyeon and stayed at the same position until Taeyeon pushed them away. "What do you guys want?" Taeyeon scowled. She was not that happy to see the couple.

 

"Woah, what's wrong with you Taeng?" Yuri asked and stood up. She helped Yoona up and went to the sofa. "Why aren't you with Tiffany right now? I thought you two were unseparable."

 

Taeyeon sighed and sat at the opposite sofa. "She has a date with a different guy. It's not Jiwoong though," Taeyeon replied.

 

"I sense jealousy," Yuri teased. Yoona was keeping quiet all the while. She was scared to see an angry Taeyeon.

 

"Shut up Kwon. How can I not fall deeper for her if we keep on kissing at random times," Taeyeon said coldly.

 

YoonYul looked at each other and then back at their friend. "You and Tiffany kiss although the both of you are not a couple?" Yuri said in a shocked tone.

 

"I wonder if she is just using me," Taeyeon said and frowned.

 

"Let's hang out now. Let's drive around Seoul," Yuri suggesyed with a smile. She hated seeing her friend upset.

 

"Sure. I'll be driving. I don't want us to get into an accident because of you two continuous flirting with each other," Taeyeon said bluntly and grabbed her car key. She put on a jacket and did not bother to bring her phone at all. She did not want any distractions.

 

"I am really focus when I am driving okay," Yuri said and pouted.

 

"No you're not Yuri unnie," Yoona said and stuck her tongue out. Taeyeon chuckled and Yuri glared at her.

 

"Let's go kids. We're going to have fun," Taeyeon said and dragged the couple to her car.

 

"We are not kids!" YoonYul said in unison.

--

 

Tiffany was out on a blind date set up by her father. She was reluctant at first but as she thought about it, she was afraid that she would fall for Taeyeon. She knew that Taeyeon had feelings for her and was waiting but Tiffany could not accept a same gender relationship.

 

"Then why did I respond to her kiss if I opposed to it?" Tiffany thought. She just could not take Taeyeon out of her mind.

 

"Tiffany, are you alright?" her date, Siwon, asked. Siwon was okay. He had the looks, the body and the both of them would make a great pair. He was also an understanding person.

 

"I'm sorry oppa. I just broke up with my boyfriend and now I'm confused with the feelings I feel for my best friend. I don't think we could happen. I don't think I could try," Tiffany said honestly.

 

Siwon was of course sad that he was rejected but he was an understanding person. He could.not force Tiffany to like him. "I understand Tiffany. However, I'm always available," he said and gave a sad smile.

 

If only Tiffany did not have mixed emotions for Taeyeon, she would have already fall for Siwon. He was a really nice guy. Tiffany returned a smile and said, "Thank you oppa."

 

"No problem Tiffany. Should I send you home?"

 

Tiffany shook her head. "There's a place I want to go by myself."

 

"Don't hurt yourself and be safe alright?"

 

"Okay oppa. Bye."

 

Tiffany left the restaurant and went to Taeyeon's house.

 

Taeyeon came home at around 7PM. She quickly parked her car when she saw Tiffany waiting for her at her front door. Tiffany was shivering although she wrapped herself with a jacket. Taeyeon took off her jacket and covered Tiffany's body. She opened her door and carried Tiffany inside. She closed the door and carried Tiffany into her room. She covered Tiffany's body with a blanket and turned up the heater. "I'll go make something hot for her," Taeyeon muttered. She placed a light kiss on Tiffany's forehead and left the room.

 

After she was done with cooking, Taeyeon put the bowl of porridge on a tray and brought it to her room. In the room, Tiffany was seated on Taeyeon's bed, deep in thoughts. Taeyeon, without making a single noise, closed the door silently. "Pani ah, I've made some porridge for you. Eat it while it's hot," she told Tiffany.

 

The latter broke out of her thoughts and nodded slightly at Taeyeon. She needed something warm in . "Thanks Taeyeon," she said.

 

Taeyeon frowned. Something must be wrong since Tiffany called her by her real name. Taeyeon put the tray aside and sat beside Tiffany. The younger girl shifted a little so that her body would not come into contact with Taeyeon's. "What's wrong Pani ah?" Taeyeon asked. She hated the treatment Tiffany was giving.

 

"We're best friends right? Nothing more than that," Tiffany asked without even making eye contact with Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon wanted to let her feelings out. She wanted to shout at Tiffany for making her fall harder and giving her false hope but she knew she could not do so. She did not want their relationship to be just acquaintance. Taeyeon let out a long sigh. "Why? Do you want to be more than that?" Taeyeon asked softly. Tiffany thought of it as a joke and glared at Taeyeon.

 

"Be serious Taeyeon ah!" she shouted.

 

"I am being serious!" Taeyeon shouted back at Tiffany and pinched the bridge of her nose. 

 

Tiffany was taken aback by Taeyeons voice. She was afraid of it. She should not have shouted at Taeyeon in the first place. "You know we can't," Tiffany whispered.

 

What about YoonYul? SooSica, HyoHyun and SunByung as well? Taeyeon wanted to say all of this but she did not want to shout anymore. She hated shouting. "Of course we are just best friends. But, why did we kiss in the first place? Why didn't you pull away?" Taeyeon asked. She wanted answers from Tiffany. "Are you just playing with my feelings and giving me false hopes?"

 

Tiffany tensed. She had never thought of that before. She had never thought of using Taeyeon as a pain killer at all. "I-I'm not playing with you at all Taeyeon ah. I'm just confused. I kept telling myself that I am straight but whenever you are around me, that thought just disappears," Tiffany answered.

 

"I think we need to stay away from each other for a moment. You need to sort out your feelings and I am willing to wait," Taeyeon said. "We will start tomorrow. After a month, if you don't come back to me but I see you with someone else, I'll take that as a rejection."

 

"I'm sorry for giving you false hopes Taeyeon ah. I'm sorry," Tiffany thought.


A/N: See what I did there? XD It hurts me to write this but I had to :/ 

Please comment if you want to ^^ I won't force you~

Check out my oneshot too! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/312986/escape-plan-fluff-snsd-taeny

Oh yeah, I won't be able to update from Sunday to Wednesday. I have an adventure camp at Pahang, Malaysia coming up. On the last day, we get to go to KL ><

I have a twitter account if you wanna follow me --> @soshidorkytae (I just love Taeyeon so much XP)