Starting…

Those Strange Boys (Interactive Story)

 

Tomorrow’s my first day at Nambu academy, one of the best schools in Seoul.

Why am I here? You may ask; because last month my mom had to transfer from our country to Korea, damn her work.

It’s not that I don’t like Korea, the month that I’ve passed here has been really nice; people are welcoming and very respectable –and it’s a plus that our family has some Korean ancestry-.

However, I’m really nervous about the fact that I need to go to this super school tomorrow and I haven’t friends…

I’m scared as death.

Damn…

 

“_____~! Dinner’s ready, please come down!” my mom yelled from the living.

Ugh… I don’t wanna go tomorrow. I’m not good making at friends.

“Coming!” I yelled back, put on my sleepers and went downstairs.

I sat beside my little brother, JoonHo, and started to eat my rice.

Rice, rice, rice… I’m tired of it!

“Mom, can we eat something else apart from rice?” I asked her looking at my plate

“Noodles” she said eating

I snorted, “And apart from noodles…?”

She coughed, “Soup?”

I rolled my eyes and kept eating my food.

“Yah noona, are we going to the same school?” JoonHo asked swallowing

I nodded, “Yeah, but you’re in elementary school and I’m in high school now, so we won’t see each other a lot… Did you already make friends here?” I asked him eating and looking curious at his face.

He nodded, “Yeah, but how do you know? I’ve been playing with neighbors”

I chuckled, “I just guessed; I’ve heard your screams and laughs from my room”

His little face got red, “Sorry…”

 

I was pretty full, so I left my plate, stood up and took it to the kitchen. Then, I went back to the table,

“I’m a little tired so I’ll go sleep. Thanks for the food” I said and went upstairs

“Yah! Prepare your uniform!” My mom yelled

I snorted, “OK”

 

I went into the bathroom with my pajamas, changed into them and brushed my teeth.

Then, I went back to my room and got into bed.

I hope tomorrow’s going to be a good day…

 

~

 

“Get up you lazy kid! I’ve been trying to wake you up for 20 minutes!” My mom yelled in my ear, finally waking me up.

I covered my ears, “Gosh, so loud… OK, I get it, I’m awake”

My mom sighed, “All right darling, if you don’t get up, you’ll be late. We live near school but that doesn’t mean you can sleep all morning”

I rubbed my eyes, “What time is it, mom?”

“7:45, now get up!” she said and stepped out of my room.

7:45… 7:45… At what time does school starts?

, IT STARTS AT 8:15! I’M GOING TO BE LATE IN MY FIRST DAY!

 

I took a quick shower, changed into my uniform and ran downstairs to the kitchen.

“Hello sis-“ JoonHo greeted me but I interrupted his breakfast by taking him by the arm and going outside of the house, while jumping and trying to put my shoes on.

“Won’t you eat your breakfast?” my mom asked looking at me and chuckling.

“I’m going to be late!” I yelled and, taking JoonHo’s hand, I ran to the school

“Slower, sis!” JoonHo yelled,

“Have a good day!” My mom yelled smiling, “And from tomorrow on you’ll be taking your own lunch with you, OK?”

I nodded, “Deh! Bye!”

 

The way to the school takes 15 minutes walking, but around 5 minutes at the speed I was going and dragging JoonHo.

We arrived 5 minutes before the bell rang;

“Uff, OK, we’re on time… You have to go that way… See ya later…” I told JoonHo while pointing at the left and gasping.

He chuckled, “OK, bye bye” he said and left.

I fixed a little my hair and stepped into the school.

Since I was entering a month after the academic year started, I had to pass first by the teacher’s room and then my supposed head teacher was going to lead me, so I went upstairs and entered into it.

Some teachers looked at me with curious eyes; then, a short baldy professor approached.

He fixed his glasses and narrowed his eyes to look at me,

“You must be Miss _____~, am I right?” he asked me with a grandpa-like voice.

I smiled shyly and nodded, “Yes I am”

He cleared his throat, “I’m Mr. Hwang, your head teacher. Nice to meet you”

“Nice to meet you too, Mr. Hwang” I said as I looked at the floor.

He looked at the clock above the teacher’s room door,

“Please, wait me here for a little. The bell’s going to rang soon so-“

*Rrrring rrrring rrrring* the bell interrupted Mr. Hwang, who laughed and coughed.

“OK,let’s go to the classroom” he said taking some papers with him and walking out of the teacher’s room.

I followed him to a classroom which was at the end of the corridor. Mr. Hwang entered first, indicating that I should stay out of it until he says I can enter.

I heard him making the announcement of a new girl in the class and stuff;

Oh Lord… I’m so nervous!

“Now you can enter, Miss _____~” I heard him say from inside the classroom.

OK, here I go…

 

I entered into the classroom with all the grace that I could, trying to make a good first impression, which apparently seemed to work, because they were all looking at me a bit stunned.

What did I do to make them look at me like that?

Maybe I have something strange in my hair, or in my skirt…

Aigoo...

“They are your new classmates; please, introduce yourself to them” Mr. Hwang said to me.

I gulped; I can do this!

“H-Hello… My name is _____~ and I’m 16 years old… I hope we can get along well” I said as I blushed.

This is so awkward…

 

“You can sit there, beside Jihoon” Mr. Hwang pointed at one seat beside a blond guy with short hair who made a handshake with some other blond guy who was sitting in front of him.

I approached to the seat, left my bag on my desk and sat there hoping that this Jihoon guy was nice.

“Hey, I’m Pyo Jihoon; you can call me P.O, nice to meet you!” he whispered smiling and approaching his hand to shake with mine.

I smiled too and gave him my hand, nodding.

 

My first class in that school: Physics.

I absolutely HATE physics… I mean, they’re interesting but at the same time, they’re not…

However, although I hate this school subject, I’m trying to be a good student this year and I paid attention all the class.

When the bell rang, I was unsure about what I wanted to do.

Do I walk around the school to know it better or do I stay here, in the classroom?

 

 

 

Go to the school’s roof 

 

Go to the school’s music classroom 

 

Go to the school’s gym

 

Stay in the classroom

 

Just walk around the school 

 

Go to the library 

 

Go to the school's gardens