Curse of the God Chapter 8

Curse of The God

 

Mirai open her eyes as she heard the sound of her alarm clock that is positioned near her bed. She turned it off and then looks around. She is in her room and not in school and then upon realizing that she sigh in relief. "I...it is a dream right?" Mirai asked herself. She stand up and then start preparing herself to go to school again. When she is done she went downstairs where she found her big sister eating a bread while reading her notebook. She is cramming again like she always do whenever she have a quiz and exams.

 

"Good morning, Mi-chan." Sayaka greeted her and then smiled like always. "Are you feeling fine? When I pick you up in your school you are already sleeping. A young guy is lifting you up and said that you fall asleep while looking at the meteor shower."

 

"That's just a waste Mirai, the meteor shower is so beautiful last night but you just sleep?" Miori commented.

 

"Eh? I...it's not a dream?" she muttered to herself.

 

"Dream? Of course not..." Sayaka answered her. "You are in school for an activity of your club but the president of your club said that you fall asleep."

 

Not a dream? Do you mean, its reality? Do you mean that time Yuto hug me, he really turned small? Isn't that impossible? Is he a wizard? A witched? Creature from a fairy tale? Why? What is really happening?

 

"Mirai, are you alright? Seems like your mind is drifting so far away." Miori asked her. "Did something happened last night?"

 

"Eh? No...nothing. I...I am just hungry." she stammered and then start eating her food. After eating the breakfast, Sayaka drive the two to their school. While Mirai is walking she is still thinking about what happened last night. She didn't know how to face Yuto if ever they will meet. If it is true and not a dream how should she react with it? Shrinking is not really a normal thing to do. It is so superficial event that is hard to explained. Is it magic? Illusion? Hallucination? What can explain that thing?

 

"Mirai-san." someone called her attention and when she take a look it is Fujiko who is looking at her with puzzled look. "i want to give this to you. This are the copy of the tast that a class representative should do. Since you are a beginner i made you a copy of it. I also make a copy for Ryosuke just give it to him." she said.

 

"Th...thank you." Mirai told her as she get the paper but she didn't grab on it tightly and so it flew away from her hand. Fujiko pick it up and when she is about to give it to her she noticed that Mirai is not acting like she nomally do. "Are you alright? Are you sick?" Fujiko asked her.

 

"N...no, i am fine." Mirai answered immediately. "By the way can i asked something to you?"

 

"Anything."

 

"What if you hug someone and then... Th...then they shrink. What will be your reaction?"

 

"Shrink?" Fujiko asked. "Isn't that impossible? Did you read it in a book?"

 

"It's really impossible." Mirai sighed and as they continue walking she saw Yuto with Keito going to their direction. Ones they saw them she immediately hide herself. She is not ready to face Yuto at all coz she didn't know what kind of face she will show to him. Fujiko is quiet puzzled why Mirai is hiding but if she did maybe she has reasons about that. Fujiko didn't talk to Yuto nor Keito unless it is school related, she only have a chance to talk to Yuto if he is reporting about Astronomy club. That time she just stand there and didn't say anything, she is expecting that the two will not noticed her and just ignore her like almost everyone doing.

 

"Good morning, Kojima-san." a voice suddenly echoed to her ear. She slowly raised her head and see who is that one who greeted him. Keito is looking at him while eating something.

 

"Go...good morning." Fujiko greeted but with just her low voice. She is still surprised that he greeted her. Yuto smiled back at her and then the two went straight to there room.

 

Mirai came out from where she is hiding and then went near Fujiko who is seems like petrified to her position. "Fujiko, last night everyone is talking about your big sister Haruna Kojima-san, Fuma Kikuchi is a member of our club and he said that they are dating together."

 

"Eh?" Fujiko uttered. "Di...did Keito hear it? Does she know about it?" she asked. Mirai nodded her head, she noticed that Fujiko seems like bothered about it since she heard that her sister and Fuma are dating. The bell ring already and so the two went back to their class.

 

...

 

"Yuto said that we have club meeting later, are you going?" Yuri asked her ones first class is already over.

 

"I... I need to go early to my part time job so i will pass this time . Just tell my reasons to Yuto." Mirai told him.

 

"Really? Alright..." Yuri commented but he keeps on starring at Mirai. She is not looking at him eye to eye like she always do. He thinks that she is thinking something seriously. "I wonder what you are thinking right now but i think if you have problem you should have someone to talk about it. It's not right hiding it to your own self."

 

...

 

"Airi i heard that the Astronomy club see the meteor shower last night? Did you watched it together with Yuto-sempai?" a friend of Rika asked her. They are in the rooftop that time and talk to each other while eating their food.

 

"Yeah, we did but that time that the meteor shower arrived he is not around. When it is already over i found out that Yuto is together with Kurosawa." Airi answered.

 

"The transfer student? I just noticed that she is too clingy to the Ishikawa. She is nothing but ordinary to me."

 

"Well, Mira is so nice and kind to everyone but it is true that she is nothing but a normal student who is under average. She is not smart at all and even her looks is not that stunning." Airi replied her friend.

 

"Airi-san, if you will not do something that girl could get Yuto-sempai away from you. You should not just sit down and do nothing."

 

"Of course i know about that and who said i am just sitting down and doing nothing. Of course i am implementing my plan. Yuto-sempai is just mind and one can get him from me. I really study astronomy even it is a boring thing just to enter the club and just to get closer to him and i will not allow a normal girl like her ruined everything." Airi said and then after they talk they also fix their foods and leave the rooftop but that time they didn't know that someone heard their conversation. Someone who is silently looking up the sky while listening to their foul words.

 

Ryosuke sit down as he watch the girls walk away. "Normal huh..." he sighed.

 

...

 

Suzuka is walking in the corridor when she saw a group of guys who are very noisy in the corridor. They are shouting stupid so many times and other students are looking at them. She didn't want noisy individual and also since she is the student council president she has the responsibility to stop this childish act.

 

"Stop shouting you moron." she said, her right hand on her waist. The arm band that she is wearing really proves that she is the president among all the student. "Didn't i told you to stop being so noisy like this? How many times should i repeat myself so that it will reach you."

 

"Geez, you again." one of the guy said.

 

"Me again? Of course it is me again... I am the school council president and it is my responsibility to talk to stupid students like you and tell you that what you are doing is disturbing other students. Can't you have a little mind to remember what i am saying to everyone of you? Besides look at those piercing and dyed hair? How many time did i tell you that you should dye it black and take off those unsightly earrings."

 

"Can't you just mind you own business? Are you not getting tired of repeating things so many times?"
 

"So i am the one you are answering here?" Suzuka asked the guys while she is looking at the 3 guys with her cold glare. The other students are watching them and they thought that Suzuka is really scary when she is serious but they think that she is really doing her job as the president of the student's council and they are looking at her so high.

 

"Let's go." one of them said. He didn't want to say anything anymore coz he knows that Suzuka will not bothered by it.

 

"You are really great kaichou. You can easily handle even those kind of delinquents." a girl praised her.

 

"It's my job so i am doing it." Suzuka replied to her.

 

"But i think you should also know your limitation." someone suddenly said and when she take a look it is Yuto who is also with Keito. They are standing near the window and starring at her. She thinks that they are already there from the very beginning and watching what she did. To all the students in school it is Yuto who she think is her greatest rival. When they are choosing students who could take the position as the president it is her and Yuto who are the option but Yuto decline since he wanted to stay as the president of the Astronomy Club and so Suzuka get the position. In ranking it is also Yuto who is his best competitor. But she knows that the Ishikawa are really smart though some are neglecting studies and just doing what they wanted to do. It is Yuto who is serious about studying and since first year she is already doing her best to beat him.

 

"It's something i don't want to hear from you." Suzuka told him.

 

"I know that you are just doing your job but if you will continue to be like this then..." Yuto continued ignoring what she just said.

 

"You are always like this, you are underestimating me again." Suzuka mumbled to herself but she didn't reply back to Yuto anymore and just walk out.

 

...

 

Mirai is thinking of so many things, she went to the comfort room to look at the mirror and see how she looks like. She feels so stressed but she don't have someone to talk about it. As she look at herself in the mirror she sighed and then after that she went inside in one of the cubicle. When she is done and about to open the door it is lock from the outside and no matter what she do to push it, it is not opening.

 

"Hey, open the door. Whoever is there, please open the door." Mirai said. "Please, i still have my class." as she said those words she heard chuckle from inside and all of a sudden she saw a hose of water coming from the top of the door and then it is opened and the water keeps on coming out making Mirai wet. "S...stop it, please." she plead but seems like they are not listening to her.

 

"Ne Kurosawa-san, if you don't want this to continue don't go closer to Yuto and the other Ishikawa. You don't have right to be close to them." a voice said but it is unfamiliar to her.

 

"Besides, Yuto will not bother to look at such normal girl like you. Are you hoping that she will date you? Are you crazy?" another voice asked.

 

"I...i didn't think of dating those guys. They are just my friend." Mirai responded.

 

"Friends or not you are still very clingy to them so if you want us to stop then also stop making communications to those guys." the girl outside answered and then she laugh and when they are already satisfied they unlock the door and leave. Mirai is so wet and she didn't know what she should do. The reason she is bullied is because of being close to the Ishikawa, when did it became so wrong? She just wanted to be friend with them.

 

Mirai went out of the comfort room without bothering about others who will talk to her. But all eyes are all set into her and she feels embarrassed that she doesn't want to show her face to anyone.

 

This is pathetic, what should I do? I feel so embarrass that i can't face anyone at all. There is nothing i can do, i am always like the same as my old self. I.. I am always so weak and can't do things right. I always believe that if you do something to your very best then it's already fine but you can't guarantee you can have the result that you wanted to achieve. I... I wanted to change, i don't want to be someone I am before but even though...even though i am doing my best I... Still can get other's favour. At this time... This kind of moment make me wanted to hate myself. I wonder if anyone will...if anyone will accept me like I wanted them to be.

 

Mirai is just walking straight without looking on her way and then all of a sudden she bump on someone and when she take a look it is Ryosuke who is starring at her. "What happened to you?" he asked.

 

"No...nothing." Mirai replied and then when she is about to pass through Ryosuke she feels someone grab her hand. "Le...let me go."

 

Ryosuke didn't say anything but just drag her going to the gymnasium through the girls dressing room where they are changing from their uniform to their PE clothes. There is a cabinet for towels inside the room and then he get one without hesitation and then immediately spread it and put it into her head. "If you will stay like that you will get cold so change into your PE uniform."

 

Mirai grab on the towel but she didn't wipe herself yet. She hold on it tightly hiding her face to Ryosuke who is sitting down the bench that is just near her. "I don't get it. Why? Why? Why?" Mirai said. She drawn her feet towards her and then hug it while the towel is still on her head. "No matter what i do, no one can accept me."

 

"Get a hold of yourself. This is different from what you experienced before. You tried your best and that's enough." Ryosuke started to talk. Mirai look at Ryosuke who is also looking at her. The towel that is covering her head suddenly fall down through her shoulder. "Did they say something to you when they lock you in the bathroom? Something like threatening or black mailing?"

 

"They said that i should get away from Yuto. That I should not get closer to him."

 

"Yuto? I think i know already who is doing this to you." Ryosuke said. "I heard a conversation a while back when i am in the rooftop and passing out the time. They are talking about Yuto and also you. I think they are jealous girl."

 

"Wh....who is it?"

 

"Airi...Airi Suzuki."

 

...

 

The first class of 3-B already ended but Mirai and Ryosuke didn't attend their class though her things are there. Yuri asked Fujiko about it since she saw her together with Fujiko this morning but she said that she didn't have any idea since they separated a while back. While the two are talking to each other a group of girl entered the room and is talking about Mirai. They heard that some boys saw her soak and wet and she is running away and looking down.

 

"Let's search for her." Yuri said when they heard about what happened.

 

"I'm busy, i need to do something." Fujiko said and that gives Yuri a frustration look. Yuri left the room and search for Mirai alone, on his way he saw Umika who immediately approach him. "What are you doing here in the 3rd year?"

 

"I heard about Mimi-chan and I want to see her."


"News has really wings." Yuri whispered to himself and then he look back at Umika. "She didn't attend our class and so I'm on my way to search for her. I'm worried i hope she is fine."

 

"Eh? I...i will go with you." Umika said. The two of them look for Mirai around but it's not an easy task. While running around the corridor they meet Yuto and Keito who are talking with some girls on their class and then they told them what happened to Mirai and they let them join in searching for her.

 

...

 

Mirai feels a stab on her heart when she heard what just Ryosuke said. Why is he blaming Rika with this? Rika? She is nice to her all this time so why will she do that? "I don't think so." Mirai said. "Rika will not do that to me. She is so nice to me so why will she do that?"

 

"Isn't it obvious? She is interested with Yuto so when she noticed that you are getting closer to him she did that to you."

 

"Even Rika will do that she will not make it to the point that she will going to bully me. Your presumption is wrong. She is so nice and gentle."

 

"She is an angel in disguise."

 

"How can you say that to her? You even didn't know her right? You are not member of the Astronomy Club so you didn't know how she acts with everyone. I don't think she will do this. I believe on her." Mirai replied to him firmly.

 

"Even i am not a member of the Astronomy Club i can say that she is like that. What the hell is wrong with you? If you don't want to believe then i don't care. Track down who is doing this to you by yourself. I'm out of this." Ryosuke urge and then after he went out of the room to leave Mirai so that she can change her clothes that is wet because of what just happened but Mirai feels petrified to her position. She is analyzing what just Ryosuke said but seems like she has no guts to believe on it.

 

Ryosuke went out of the room and then lock it, he plan on staying there for a moment to make sure Mirai has time to change her clothes. He sigh as he lean his back on the door. He can't believe that Mirai will side on Rika, he thought that they are gotten closer to each other but it seems like she is not and so he feels disappointed. He look up high and then he saw a cab web where there is a spider eating a mosquito. "Yo...you are afraid right? " he whispered and then he heard someone walking towards him and when he look it is Yuto who is standing in front of him just a few feet away.

 

"Is Mirai there?" Yuto asked him.

 

"Yeah, she is changing coz her clothes got wet." Ryosuke answered him. "Since you are here i'm going." he continued but he stop from going away when he remembered something to say to him. "You showed her?" Ryosuke asked Yuto as he hides his hands to his pocket.

 

"What if i did? It's not like you are affected by it." Yuto replied back.

 

"Do you think there are other girls who can accept creatures like us? I don't think so."

 

"You're the one to talk." Yuto mumbled. "You don't have right to say that thing to me when you are the one at fault." he continued to say.

 

It takes courage for Mirai to went out of that room. She fees like she doesn't want to go out coz she has a feeling that the students already knows what happened to her and she will the topic of everyone's words. But like what she do to set her mind, she decided to be stronger that she is before and she will face everything and not running away. She hold on the door knob and then open the door but her eyes open wide as she saw that someone who is waiting for her to comes out.

 

"Yu...Yuto."