Curse of the God Chapter 7

Curse of The God

 

Ryosuke bring Mirai to the park to settle her down and also for her to feel relax. She is trembling when he holds her hand a while back and also he saw the cut on her fingers. He volunteer to bought something to drink and also band aids for her cut. Mirai just sit down on the bench and just stare at her fingers that are intertwined together. She already stop trembling but still she feels anxious about the letter that she receives. Who could that be? Who sent her that letter?

 

She is spacing out when she feels something cold touch his face and it is a juice in can that Ryosuke just bought. She was about to take it but Ryosuke take it back making Mirai in question. "Who said this is for you?" he asked her.

 

"I..I'm sorry...I thought..." Mirai uttered as she feels down again.

 

"What happened?" he asked. "You are acting hysterically a while back."

 

Mirai pick the crumpled paper on her pocket and then she showed it to Ryosuke. He opened it and then saw the characters written on it, DIE!!! He look back at Mirai again and then she is not the usual Mirai that he always see in class. It seems like she loss all her energy just because of a certain letter saying her to die. "Who do you think did this to you?"

 

"I don't know...I have no idea." Mirai told him.

 

"Bully? Maybe it is because you join the Astronomy Club."

 

"You are not helping at all, you are just putting salt to my wounds." Mirai replied to him. "Besides why am i bullied by just joining the club? Do...don't tell me it is because i am lame and boring? Am i bullied because my same attitudes and interest? What should i do?"

 

"I don't think so, i think you change enough for everyone to accept you. When i am walking this morning, i heard girls talking about you but they are saying positive things. They are the girls that you are hanging out."

 

"Bu...but if that is not the reason then what? Why am i targeted?"

 

"Aren't you being close to Yuto?" Ryosuke asked, shifting the topic into another one. He take a sip to his juice and then stare at Mirai. The eyes of the two meet each other and Mirai feels embarrassed. It is the first time that the two of them have an eye to eye contact but she can't hide the fact that Ryosuke's eyes is beautiful and captivating.

 

"He is a friend and he is the president of Astronomy club and he is so nice so it is not hard to get closer to him." Mirai answered.

 

"Then I warn you, it's not like i don't want you to be friend with others but you better not talk to us that much and get closer to us. You don't know anything at all about the Ishikawa so it's better if you will be precautious enough."

 

"I know, i mean... The Ishikawa clan is  famous for being rich. They have lots of business around the country and they have so many properties as well. Maybe it is not really good to be close to such influential people."

 

"That is not what I mean." Ryosuke point out but he never continue what is he about to say. He just grab Mirai's hand and put the band aid on her wounded finger and then after doing that he stand up "I'm going."

 

"Ryosuke, thank you. You help me again."

 

Ryosuke was about to walk away but he stop and back to where he is sitting down "The juice cost 100 yen and the band aid is 20 yen." he said.

 

"H...huh? Wa...wait." Mirai uttered as she put out her wallet to pay for the expenses that Ryosuke said but the latter stand up again and tap her head.

 

"I'm just kidding, it's for free." he take his words.

 

...

 

"Good afternoon Ryutaro." Mirai greeted when she arrived.

 

"You didn't bring them right? Those 3?" Ryutaro asked while he is looking around Mira's back.

 

"Don't worry I didn't bring them today. Do you have plans after the work? Do you want to join us in our meteor shower gazing?"

 

"Meteor shower? There is?" Ryutaro asked excitedly.

 

"Yeah, if you want you can join us. All the members of the Astronomy club will over there to see it."

 

"You mean those 3 will be there?" Ryutaro asked her again. Mirai smiled as a response. "No, thanks. I don't want to see them... But I want to see the meteor shower I wonder if it can be seen outside the balcony?"

 

Mirai immediately grab Ryutaro's hand that make the other surprised. "Come with us, it will be enjoyable if you will watch it with each other. Plus we will bring food so it will be more fun." Ryutaro stare at her for a moment and then he accidentally saw Mirai's finger covered with band aid.

 

"What happen to your finger?" he asked. Mirai let go of her hand and look at her finger and then immediately hide it from her back. "I cut it accidentally by a knife while cooking." she lied. "I need to cook for the Astronomy Club for the activity and so i cut my finger accidentally while cooking."

 

"Then that means you can't do the dishing right?" Ryutaro asked her again. "Fine I will do it today. Don't worry i will not break anymore plates."

 

"Then what about the meteor shower..."

 

"Are you sure about other student going inside your school? You know that i am not studying there right?"

 

"It's fine, it's already night so the guard will not strict. Besides you are Yuto's relatives so for sure they will allow you to enter." Mirai answered. "Let us go back to the school ones our job is over. I'm excited."  

 

It's already 20:00 and everyone start to come in the rooftop to prepare things. The stars start to show themselves already and it is really beautiful. Kota with the help of Yuto brings out the telescope that they can use and the girls are preparing the food that they bring. Since they plan on eating dinner there they plan on cooking something.

 

Yuri look at the food that are in the table and when he will try to taste one Umika slap his hand. "Can't you wait?"

 

"Geez, so cheeky as if you cook something from this. For i know you just let your maid cook for you." Yuri told her.

 

"Of course not," she replied back and then point on a tray that is in the table with onigiri on it but the shape are not perfect and they like an amateur did it. "I did this."

 

"Yeah, obviously it is your work." Yuri complemented and then he smirked and also Kento and Fuma who are watching them also laugh. They also thought that the onigiri's shape are weird and when they know that Umika did it they found it funny."I think Airi's cooking looks good. They look like they are done by a professional."

 

"Yeah my mother teach me cooking so i have a little talent with it." Airi answered him and the 3 look at Keito who immediately took something in the food and eat it. "Is it great Keito?"

 

"It taste good." Keito responded as he keeps on putting something on his mouth.

 

"Yeah, this is great Airi. They taste so good." Kento complemented as he try to taste the food that Airi prepared. When he first saw them he already know that they taste good because of the way it looks like.

 

"The sky is so beautiful today." Kota said as he look up high. "The night sky really makes me feel good. This is the best."

 

"Is the princess doing fine when you leave the residence?" Yuto asked Kota as he is fixing the telescope. "Today is the scheduled ceremony right?"

 

"Yeah, that's the reason i am planning to end this activity soon. It is unexpected that the princess choose this date. If I know then this activity will not be happened." Kota told him and then he sigh. "It's alright, it's not like we will die with it."

 

"Of course i am not worried." Yuto answered him back. "but I hope it will be over soon."

 

It's already 21:00 when Mirai came together with Ryutaro. Everyone is not expecting that another guy will going to join their activity and so they are surprised. "I'm here everyone and i brought someone to join us."

 

"Ryutaro." Keito called calmly. He is already eating coz he is hungry and can't wait for Mirai to come. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I invited him to watch with us. That will be fine right?"

 

"Who is he?" Umika asked pointing on Ryutaro with the spoon that she is using while eating the cake that she bought.

 

"that's dirty." Ryutaro commented "Don't you know what manners is?"

 

"He is Ryutaro Ishikawa, he is our relatives." Yuto introduced him.

 

"He is so not like you." Umika commented.

 

"He is also good looking like everyone else." Airi commented. "Ishikawa is really a clan of good looking people. I'm envious."

 

"That's unfair, how come good looking people are only in Ishikawa. They are smart and rich but none of you have a girlfriend. That's a waste you know. You are not using what is given to you." Fuma told them.

 

"Eh? Then Kikuchi-san has a girlfriend?" Airi asked.

 

"He got his first girlfriend yesterday and so he is so hyper about it." Kento said while pointing on to his friend.

 

"Who is your girlfriend then?" Yuri asked.

 

"i saw you together with Kojima-sempai. Don't tell me she is?" Airi asked immediately when she remembered about that scene. "she still looks beautiful like before."

 

Fuma smiled as he scratch his head and then that concludes that it is really that girl that Fuma is dating. "Kojima-sempai? Who is she?" Mirai asked. She has no idea who they are talking about but seems like everyone knows that girl.

 

"Oh yeah, you are just a transfer student right?" Kento told her. "The Kojima-sempai that we are talking about is Haruna Kojima, she is Fujiko's older sister who is a year ahead of us. She is famous since she is a model since we are in high school. She is really nice and beautiful at the same time and I can't believe that Fuma has a chance to date her. I think it is really impossible."

 

"Shut up... I court her for almost half a year. I didn't really give up." Fuma said.

 

Fuma looks so happy about telling his stories, he is really in love with that girl though Mirai has no idea who the girl is. They said that she is in a magazine but only the magazine that she is reading are the horoscope one and those mangas that her sister is buying. While looking around she noticed that Keito leave his place and then Yuto approach him and tap his shoulder.

 

Everyone start eating their dinner as they look at the beautiful stars. Ryutaro easily blend in with everyone despite of his bratty attitude but everyone can easily friend with him. Yuto and Airi are eating together while Ryutaro are together with Keito, Yuri and Umika. Mirai are looking at the stars while eating her food and Kota approach her also eating something.

 

"I never thought you can control Ryutaro like that." Kota commented.

 

"Eh? I didn't control him."

 

"Of course I know about that. But that brat rarely accept someone's request so i am surprised that he came with you." Kota told her. "Dealing with him is hard right? He is spoiled and wanted to do things that he wanted to do without considering other feelings."

 

"But he is a good child, i know it." Mirai whispered. "But there are things i don't understand. Everyone of you seems like wanting not to get close to other people. Well I mean... Yuto and Keito are friendly to others but sometimes they wanted to be alone than to be with a crowd, Ryosuke too, he is kind but he shows his coldness to majority and even Ryutaro. Ryosuke told me that i didn't know much of Ishikawa so i should not get closer to everyone but then..."

 

"One individual has a secret he/she didn't want to reveal." Kota answered her. "It the same as us, but if Ryosuke said that to you then i should also tell it to you. We are not what you think we are, we are different from anyone else. As much as possible it is better if you don't get closer to us."

 

Why? I...i don't understand? I...i wanted to be friend with everyone. I want to stay like this but why? I can't understand unless you tell me the reason behind.

 

"I need to get something in the club room. I'll be back." Yuto said as he stand up from where he is sitting down. That time Kota also excuse himself to go to the comfort room and Mirai is sitting all alone to her place and still thinking about what just Kota told him a while back about the situation she is in.

 

"Mimi-chan, something wrong?" Umika asked her as she sits down besides her. She is eating cakes again. "You look so down."

 

"Do you know something about the Ishikawa?" Mirai asked trying to know if Umika knows about the Ishikawa since she looks like very close to everyone.

 

"Well they are rich and good looking and smart. They are really famous." Umika answered her.

 

"That is not what i mean." Mirai said. "What i wanted to know is about their relationship to other people. They look friendly to me but i think... It seems like they are trying to avoid something."

 

"Eh? So you noticed that as well." Umika told her. "Well, Even they look friendly it seems like they have this image of them that they are just choosing those people they wanted to enter to their world. Even i am with them since i last year there are limited information i know about them. You know, Yuto always have a girl confessed to him but he always rejected them. They are really famous but it seems like their gate are close for other people to enter their world."

 

"I heard about it, that girls confess to them but they reject it."

 

"Maybe i am a coward." Umika started to say. "You know about my feelings for Yuto right? But i am afraid to confess coz i am afraid to be rejected."

 

Oh yeah i almost forgot... Umi-chan has only feelings for Yuto but knowing that it is the way Yuto do things she refused to confess and just hide her feelings deep inside of her. I...i don't know things that much about love. I myself didn't fall in love but i keep on admiring people and so for some reasons it's hard for me to relate on what they are talking about. What is love? What is the difference between love and admiration?

 

"Ryutaro, let's go the to comfort room together." Yuri said as he grab his hand.

 

"I don't want, why the hell i need to join you when i didn't need to go there." Ryutaro complained.

 

"I'm scared you know... The corridor is too dark." Yuri answered him directly.

 

"Then why don't you let Keito joined you?"


"Keito is busy eating and you are the one available here so let's go." Yuri told him seriously and then he grab his hand again and drag him together with him.

 

"We are out of water, Fuma, let's go and get some." Kento ordered and then the two also leave the rooftop.

 

Keito, Mirai, Umika and Airi are the one left in the rooftop when Airi noticed that the meteor shower already started. Mirai volunteer to call everyone to come back to the rooftop to see the meteor shower that everyone wanted to see. She went to the club room to see if Yuto is there  but the lights are turned off and when she switch it on she saw him lying on the floor and clenching on pain.

 

"Yu...Yuto. Wh..what happened to you?" Mirai asked her with her panicking voice. "A...are you alright?"

 

"Ugh... I...I'm fine." Yuto said as he clench on his left arms like it is something painful.

 

"Eh? You don't look fine to me. You look like you are in pain. Should i call Kota-sensei? Wait i'm going to call someone." Mirai said as she stands up but Yuto grab her hand and stop her. "Yuto..."

 

"This will be gone later so...don't worry."

 

"But...."

...

 

AIriand Umika are both looking at the skies and it is really beautiful but they are wondering why no one is coming back yet. Umika look at where Keito is and find him laying on the floor and as if he is in pain. She immediately approach him and asked if he is fine but he is not answering her at all.

 

"Umika, what happened?" Airi asked worriedly.

 

"I...i don't know, we should call sensei."Umika told her. "Airi look for Keito, I'll be going to search for sensei." Airi nodded her head as she start comforting Keito.

 

...

 

"Ryutaro are you alright?" Yuri asked Ryutaro who is clinging on him. They sit down for a while in the corridor.

 

"It hurts...is the princess doing it already?" Ryutaro gasped as he touch his right ankle. "I...i can't walk with this."

 

"I wonder if the others is fine."

 

"Of course they are not..." Ryutaro commented and then he feels another sharp pain struck his ankle and so he moaned in pain. He feels like he wanted to take it off but he knows its not possible.

 

...

 

"Yuto, I really need to call someone. This is serious already." Mirai said worriedly. She feels more tense that now Yuto is in pain and was not able to say anything.

 

"No...please."

 

"We...we are not normal." Yuto started to talk. "we are different..."

 

"Huh? Yuto...what are you talking about?"

 

"I...if you see who we are will you accept us? Will you be friendly like this? Will you not be disgust to us?" he continued to asked. "Mirai, will you accept us even whoever we are?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Y...you are asking why we didn't open our world right? To others? It is because we are different. We are  not like you."

 

"I...i don't understand. I will understand it if you will not explain it to me."

 

Yuto grab Mirai's hand and then after that she drag him towards him and hug her to his arms. Mirai is shocked with the sudden action of Yuto but what surprised is when all of a sudden Yuto vanished from her sight. She blink her eyes so many times and then when she come to her senses she looks around and search for Yuto. Yuto's clothes are in front of her but he is not everywhere. "Wh...where are you? Yuto where are you?"

 

"I...i am here." Yuto answered and then Mirai noticed that something is moving from Yuto's clothes and then she saw a head suddenly pop up from the clothes and it is Yuto. He turned so small like half a ruler. She blink her eyes so many times , she thought that she is just dreaming. She thought that what is happening in front of her is not real. How come Yuto turned so small? Why did he shrink so much? Wh...what is going on?