Curse of the God Chapter 18

Curse of The God

 

"I hate you" the first 3 words i received from my zodiac sign. Is it taking revenge because i like Sagittarius more than him? How can he say such cruel words on our first meeting. This happened to that Sunday where the astronomy club decided to visit. Kota-sensei, Umi-chan, Yuri, Yuto, Keito, Airi and me all came to see the exhibit and that time the elementary student of Onshen School has an activity to that place as well and that is where i meet the Aries of the zodiac sign.

 

As we enter the entrance i was amazed how great the place is, we are welcomed by people wearing costume of space people and then tell us how the exhibit works. That time i noticed that Umika and Yuri are not talking to each other and maybe it is because of what Umika told her the other way and how their relationship are going. Airi is just the same but it seems like she is more clingy to Yuto, Keito and Kota-sensei are talking to each other while me is just watching them from the back.

 

"This place is great." Mirai whispered and then without looking on her way she bump on someone that make her fall down and her things scattered in the ground. Umika saw her and then she immediately help her to put her stuffs on her bag. "Thank you, i am so clumsy i didn't see that coming." Mirai uttered.

 

"There are lots of children today."Umika commented.

 

"To make this excursion enjoyable let us go with pair and wander around this place, being in group is so childish and i don't want that." Kota randomly commented. "I make a list already so no one will complained i will not entertain any complain. Airi and Yuto, Umika and Yuri and then Keito and Mirai."

 

"Eh...eh?" Umika stammered. "I...i don't want to be pair with Yuri."

 

"Me, too can i be partnered with Mirai rather than her?" Yuri asked.

 

"No, i said that i will not entertain any complaints. Since you are group in pair i will give you a task at the end of this day i will give you a question and then the answer can be found inside the whole exhibit. I will wander around on my own so you better do your best. The group who will loss will clean the club room for a month." Kota told everyone and then after that he already leave them alone.

 

The 3 pairs also separated their ways, Airi and Yuto, Umika and Yuri and Mirai and Keito as partners.

 

"Keito, where do you want to go first?" Mirai asked as she look around the map given to them at the entrance. "this is place is bigger than what i have imagine."

 

"Where do you want to go?"

 

"Well i want to start at the planetarium but i also want it to be the last. I wonder what to do?" Mirai asked.

 

"Then maybe we can do that, besides the biggest part in this exhibit is the planetarium, we can explore the first half and then end the view with the second half." Keito suggested and then Mirai agreed with it. While they are on their way to teh planetarium that's the time that Mirai's phone ring and then she answered it.

 

"Who is this?"

 

"I hate you." someone whispered from the other line and that gives Mirai a shocked that she was not able to respond immediately. Who is it? Who is this voice? She can't recall anything with that kind of voice to the people that she knows. "Wondering who i am? Aries desu." a voice answered and that make Mirai shocked. "I already bumped on you but you didn't bother what a shame. You even didn't noticed that i get something important on your bag."

 

"M...my bag?" Mirai asked and then she check on her bag and she noticed that her wallet is not there. Since Umika help her with it she thought that she already put it inside. "Do you have my wallet?"

 

"Obviously, but it's not like i will give this to you that easily. Let's play a game if you answer my question well i will give you clues that leads me to where i am now. You should do it alone and no one helping you, if you fail to answer even ones then... I will spend everything here and throw everything that it is inside this wallet."

 

"Bu...but Keito is here. I don't want to be a hassle to him."

 

"Just tell him that Aries is playing and he will understand." the Aries told him and then she told Keito what exactly is been told to her and then Keito nodded his head. "Go to the statue of the Gemini area." he commanded and then Mirai went there and Keito just followed her and when they arrived, The Aries called again and asked "What is the legend of the Gemini?"

 

"The story of the twins begins with the lustful eye of Zeus and his seduction of Leda, Queen of Sparta. One day, Zeus had disguised himself as a beautiful swan and seduced Leda. Leda became pregnant and she have a twin where one is a god while they other one came from her human husband. Castor and Pollux grew up strong and inseparable. They became great sportsmen and joined Jason and the Argonauts’ search for the Golden Fleece. During a storm at sea, two bright stars appeared over the twins’ heads and the storm suddenly ended. To this day, the twins are known as the patron saints of sailors. Unfortunately, during a battle, the mortal twin, Castor, met his death. The grieving Pollux could not bear the loss of his brother and begged Zeus to end his life. In honor of their love and devotion, Zeus placed them with the stars where they can be forever inseparable."

 

After she answer that they went to the next destination which is the Kingdom of the Leo and the questions is "What is the ruling planet of the Leo and what zodiac is ruled by the moon?"

 

"Sun is the ruling planet of Leo while Cancer is ruled by the moon."

 

"What are the 4 cardinal signs and why they are called that way?"

 

"The 4 cardinal signs are the Libra, Capricorn, Aries and Cancer. They are called Cardinal signs because  they are the sign of the zodiac that initiates a change of temperate zone season when the Sun makes its annual passage into them. "

 

"Brightest star in the constellation of Aries?"

 

"Hamal."

 

"How many stars consist the constellation of Taurus?"

 

"11 stars are connected to make up "The Bull". Aldebaran is the most intense star in the constellation."

 

...

 

"Look at this Yuto, this rock's shape is so weird." Airi told Yuto as she try to touch the stone. Yuto approach her and then stare the stone as well. "Yuto, i am not that smart so i really can't help you with the challenge Kota-sensei is doing but i will sure do my best."

 

"You don't want to clean that place?" Yuto asked her.

 

"It's not like that... But..."

 

"Fine, don't worry about it. I will not let our group loss." Yuto answered and then he smiled. "Ne, Suzuki-san, i get take it off to myself but did we see each other before already?" he continued.

 

Airi was startled and then she immediately walk far away from Yuto and pretend that she saw another interesting stuffs. "Maybe it is just your feeling but i first saw you when i transfer to that school last year."

 

"B...but i have this feeling that i already meet you before you even transfer to our place."

 

"President look at that... What is that one?" Airi asked obviously changing the topic of the conversation.

 

...

 

Umika and Yuri are not talking to each other even they are together. The tension between their relationship is just getting worst and only Mirai knows the story because Umika told it to her.

 

"Are you not really going to say sorry for what you have done?" Umika break the awkward silence between the two. "So you want it to be like this? You want me to get mad at you for stupid things that you are doing."

 

"For your information what i am doing is not stupid at all." Yuri answered her back.

 

"It is stupid because you didn't want to tell me what is your reason. If you are jealous then get loss Yuri, if you will continue to act like this then i have no choice but to hate you and not talk to you."

 

"It's fine with me but just don't continue your feeling for Yuto."

 

"I don't get you anymore... Where is my best friend Yuri that is always caring for me? I hate you..." Umika uttered and then she runs away.

 

...

 

"Not bad, you really are knowledgeable about this." the Aries told her. "This just make the game more exciting for me." he said and then he laugh. "I wonder how much knowledge you have about the Curse of the God."

 

"T...the Curse?" Mirai asked. All this time she is transferring from one location to another and then answering questions that is thrown to her. Keito who is with her just follow wherever she goes and not doing things to interrupt but he has knowledge who is doing that to her and he is wondering why is he examining Mirai like that.

 

"First question, when you hug a zodiac what will happen?"

 

"They will shrink."

 

"For your opinion what is the Curse of the God?"

 

"It is the curse that binds the zodiac to the princess." Mirai answered though she is not sure yet about her answer about it.

 

"Then what is your point of view about the princess?"

 

"I...i didn't see her yet and so i...i didn't know." Mirai said and for some reason she has some thoughts about it.

 

"Do you think the curse can be broken?"

 

"I...i don't know but if possible then... I hope it will."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because... Because i think it is a burden on the members part."

 

"Why did you say that? Did they say anything to you that it is a burden? Did they say that they didn't want to have that curse and just leave a normal life like other people do? Did they tell you their problems and how they are planning to solve it? Did you know that at age 30 everyone will be coming back to the main mansion and will going to live there for the rest of their life. The zodiac member are just decorations, they are just source of wealth of the Ishikawa clan. Other people doesn't care about them, their own family doesn't care about them. They are abandoned, they are alone and forever be alone. They don't need someone like you. You are just a third party who is their wounds but soon will put salts to it and get worse."

 

"What are you talking about? I am not like that."

 

"Then do you know who is the Sagittarius of the zodiac? Did you meet him? I heard that you have about the Sagittarius?"

 

"I...i didn't meet him yet."

 

"Too bad, do you want to know who it is? What if you will know what will you do? Are you going to seduce him to be your own? Mirai...do you know where i am? Do you know who is the one talking to you at this very moment? Do you know who is beyond this Aries?" the voice asked and then Mirai looks around the place where she is standing and try to search for someone who is calling on the phone. She has no idea who could it be? Is it a child? An old man? His voice sounds like a man so it's either of the two.

 

She is about to turn around again but she feels something touch her back. "Game Over." someone whispered and when Mirai take a look she saw a guy wearing a uniform and starring at her. "You take your guard down. So reckless."

 

"Yo...you are the Aries?"

 

"Then it's already over." Keito whispered. "Yes Mirai, this is Shori Ishikawa and he is the Aries he loves playing games especially playing with people like what he did to you."

 

"You don't need to tell those details to her, Keito-nii. I'm going to my class already." Shori said as he step forward but then he stop and then stare at Mirai again. He throw Mirai's wallet in the air and she tried to catch it. "I didn't used anything besides i have more money compare to you."

 

"W...wait. I...if ever i will see the Sagittarius. I...I'm going to thank him for saving my life and giving me a second chance to live." Mirai told him. "Did i... Did i answer that right?"

 

"Who knows." Shori commented and then he leave them alone already.

 

The day ended and all the other members meet each other and then Yuri is all alone. He said that Umika went back home already because she is tired. Before they totally leave, Mirai grab Yuri's hand to talk to him about what is happening to him and Umika. She knows that there is something wrong between the two and since they are her friends she wanted to resolve the problem as soon as possible coz she can't handle seeing them like that.

 

"Yuri, what is your problem with Umika? Do you know that she is very troubled already with the actions that you are showing to her. What's wrong if she likes Yuto? Are you jealous? Do you feel bad? I can understand those things but then pushing her away from Yuto... What is playing on your mind?"

 

"You don't understand a thing."

 

"But Umi-chan is always crying and i don't want to see her like that. If you will not stop bragging like this she will just continue to hurt you more than what she feels right now. Yuri, Umi-chan doesn't want to hate you but you are the one making reasons for her to feel that way. If you will do something now then it can be fixed, just say sorry to her and everything will be forgotten.

 

"When she rejected me i already know my position in her heart, i am nothing but a best friend to her and i understand that. "

 

"Th...Then why? Why are you doing this to her?"

 

"You don't need to know about it and even I told you you will never understand."

 

"But I hate the fact that the two of you are torturing yourself like this. I know that Umika is suffering because of your actions. She went to my place the other day crying her tears out and telling me that she didn't know what to do anymore with you and then here you are not saying anything about your side. I know you have your reasons and so I... I want to help." Mirai told her.

 

"Why don't you just leave us alone. It's our own problem and not yours. I don't want this part of you, do you think you can solve every problem? Do you think you have all the answers to everything? Just because you know about the Ishikawa's curse you think that you are above the average. Just because you know something about them do you think that you know them more. Mirai, there are more secrets hidden from the family of the curse and don't bother to know about it." Yuri said and then he is about to leave but Mirai grab his hand and top him from running away.

 

"You love her right? Umika... You love Umika right?"

 

"Stop this." Yuri uttered and he tried to pull his hand away from Mirai's grasp. But Mirai hold into his hand tightly not wanting to let go of it. Yuri's hand is cold and she thought that Yuri feels nervous saying those words to her. Yuri didn't move for a moment, he just nod his head and look down to his feet and then he noticed that a water droplets hit his shoes. "I...is it raining?" he whispered and Mirai heard it and answered that it is not. He lift his other hand that Mirai is not holding and then cover his eyes with it and then he found out that it is wet. Tears are flowing from his eyes and he didn't expect that. "I...I love her. I love Umika so much and that's the reason  I don't want her to die." Yuri told Mirai. "It's alright if she falls in love with other guy but as long it is not the zodiac member."

 

Mirai gasped and then she let go of Yuri's hand. "Wh...why? What do you mean? Die? Why?"

 

Yuri suddenly look at Mirai with his eyes crying but he wipes it immediately "If you start loving a zodiac, you will going to die." Yuri told her. "and I don't want that to happen to her." 

 

Author's Note: HI everyone sorry if i am not updating. Actually i am waiting if the other chapters that were deleted will be back but it seems like it is not and so i post them again but i am lazy to put some pictures. i will just edit these stuffs ones i am done with the other chapters. I'm really sorry for not updating. T___T