Curse of the God Chapter 4

Curse of The God

 

"Good day everyone, this is the first official meeting of Astronomy Club and I want to say welcome to your new family." Yuto started his speech. Everyone's eyes are set into him and listening to what he is saying. "I am Yuto Ishikawa and i am the president of this club, Umika Kawashima here is the vice president and can be consider as the secretary as well."

 

"Good day everyone, Umika Kawashima desu." Umika introduced herself and she is as active as ever. "This year there are  8 official members of the Astronomy Club. Including the president and me and also Keito Ishikawa who is a member of the club last year and the new members which include Mirai Kurosawa, Yuri Ishikawa and Airi Suzuki who are all in 3rd year and Kento Nakajima and Fuma Kikuchi who are in second year."

Name: Kento Nakajima, 2nd year high school          Name: Fuma Kikuchi, 2nd year high school                     Name: Airi Suzuki, 3rd year high school

Likes: music and playing instrument                         LIkes: playing baseball                                                         Likes: cooking

Dislikes: nothing in particular                                       Dislikes: calling him a child                                                 DIslikes: -----

Personality: Cheerful                                                     Personality: mature                                                              Personality: angel in disguise.

 

Today is the start of my first day in the Astronomy Club and like i thought i am not regretting joining this club. Now I feel more comfortable going to school because I know i can do something which i really love. Everything is thanks to Ryosuke, because of his words I realized that i was wrong but... I wonder what is going on between Yuto and Ryosuke? Why did Ryosuke quit Astronomy Club? Kawashima-san told me about Ryosuke yesterday but i can't understand anything at all.

 

"3 days from now there will be meteor shower that will happen and so we plan to hold our first club activity that night." Yuto said as he start giving some copied report to each and everyone. "We will stay at school until midnight and i will pass some waiver later for you to see to your parents about this activity. Is there anyone who is not sure about going?"

 

"Activity at night is exciting." Kento commented. "Of course I will go."

 

"Me too." Fuma agreed. "Besides it is nice to see meteor shower with everyone."

 

"How about the others?" Yuto asked as he look at the seat where the girls are. "Suzuki, Kurosawa-san, are you going?"

 

"Yeah, I'm going." Mirai replied back. "But i will start working part time job and my shift will be until 22:00 so i will just go here after my work."

 

"I will go too, I cannot miss this kind of chance right?" Airi said as she smiled cutely.

 

"Ne, Yuto are we doing some picnic?" Yuri asked. "Watching will just be boring, it's better if we have something to eat while looking up at the sky."

 

"Don't worry, we are really planning about that. Umika-chan will bring the food."

 

"Eh? Umi? Does she know how to cook?"

 

"Of course...I don't." Umika answered Yuri back.

 

"I want to eat something homemade." Keito finally said, all this time he is just listening and not saying anything and so when he said those things everyone look at him. "Kurosawa-san, can you do it? You can cook right?" he asked without thinking about his words.

 

Mirai nodded her head and then Keito asked her to cook for that night.

 

"Wait, Keito we can't imposed Mirai the cooking. She has part time job so..."

 

"I..I don't mind." Mirai interrupted. "I will cook. I can prepare it before i go to school and i will just let my sister bring it here in the afternoon. It will be my pleasure to cook food for everyone."

 

"Can I suggest?" Airi asked as she raised her hand. "Why don't the girls do it? We will cook for the food. It will be better if we will divide the dish so that Kurosawa-san will not cook everything for everyone. I can cook as well so i also volunteer to do it." she confidently said.

 

"Alright, let's do it." Umika replied back.

 

The meeting is already over and then everyone went back to their class for the afternoon class. When Yuri and Mirai enters the room, they saw Ryosuke playing cards with some of the guys and it seems like he is enjoying what he is doing. She remembers again about Ryosuke quitting the Astronomy Club and she wanted to know about it and so when Yuri is about to go, she grab his hand and drag him outside of the classroom.

 

"Why did Ryosuke quit the Astronomy Club?" Mirai asked Yuri as they both squat down the corridor and face each other. "I know you know about it since you are classmate with him since first year right?"

 

"How did you know that Ryo-chan is a ex member of the Astronomy Club?"

 

"Kawashima-san told me."

 

"That girl is really talkative." Yuri sigh. "I don't know why Ryosuke quit the club but he quits when Yuto and him have an arguments with each other. After that they didn't talk to each other and ignore each other."

 

"Why?"

 

"Mirai, are you interested with the two of them? You asked too much as if you are interested. You are like those fangirls who keeps on interrogating things."

 

"Eh? I...it's not like that. "Don't get me wrong... i...i don't like them... But i don't hate them as well..." Mirai stammered and she feel like she is blushing. Yuri stand up from where he is sitting down and look at Mirai from above. "The teacher is already here, let's go inside." Yuri told her.

 

The next class is a self study and so the students just do whatever they want. Mirai together with her friends look at the window and that time they saw Umika walking and she is on her way to her class. Everyone praise her for her beauty and cuteness.

 

"She is so cute. Being in a rich family really helps right? She is a young lady in a very big mansion."

 

"But she is not acting as a young lady, she acts like a normal Japanese girl who loves cute things. She also act childish. There are rumours spreading that she is not really interested with Astronomy  and she just joined because she likes Yuto like the other girls. But last year it is really unexpected that she enter the club and even became the vice president and because of that she became an attraction because she is too close with the Ishikawa."

 

"They said that she is just pretending to be like that to get Yuto-sama's attention."

 

"But others said that she used her money so that she can join the club."

 

"There are lots of rumors about her."

 

"Maybe she is really not that good like everyone knows about her."

 

Talk, rumours... Why do people believe on them easily? Is Kawashima-san that kind of individual? With that innocent look on her face, is she really that kind of individual?

 

After the afternoon class, Mirai is called to the principal's office to do something. When she is done, she pass through the music room where she heard someone playing a beautiful piece. She take a look who is it and then when sneak she saw Umika playing the grand piano. She stop there for a moment and watch her.

 

Kawashima-san is so good. The way she moves is so graceful and her hair is so soft. She looks so serious while playing, she looks like a very different individual. Her music is so lifting, i feel like i am floating if i close my eyes like this. I am not fond of classical music but i always thought that piano music are really the best.

 

The music stop and Mirai opened her eyes only to found out that Umika is already looking at her.

 

"Di...did you hear it?" Umika asked her. "Mimi-chan, did you hear me playing?"

 

"Eh? Ye...yeah" she stammered.

 

"This is embarrassing. I am not really that good i keep on messing up."

 

"It's perfect." Mirai complemented. "It sounds so perfect for me." she continued. "You are good at playing the piano. It sounds very beautiful and you move so graceful. You look like a young rich lady."

 

"You are exaggerating it."

 

"No... I'm being honest." Mirai admitted. "I... I heard a rumour that you join the Astronomy Club because you like Yuto. i...is it true?" Umika blushed when Mirai said those words and that time it is obvious that it is true. She is not expecting it, she thought that Umika is close to Yuri and so they can be an item but Umika likes Yuto instead. "I...it's true?"

 

Umika nodded her head as she start pressing keys to the grand piano. "Bu...but don't tell it to Yuto. Well... i...i admire him because he is so nice. He helps me that time that i didn't know what to do when i am in first year and that time i am already attracted to him. It's also true that i joined Astronomy Club to be close to him but.... But i change... Now it is not my reason anymore. I... I start enjoying Astronomy. When I first saw the night sky i was really happy about it. That time i realized that the sky is too beautiful at night. When i am a child i am always scared at night because they said ghost comes out but after i saw my first star it changed and i decided to devote my whole time in high school with the club."

 

"i didn't thought..."

 

"You heard it from the rumour?"

 

"Yo...you know about the rumour?"

 

"Of course, i am not naive to not hear that girls are talking about me. They are all jealous coz i have a chance to get closer to the president that everyone admire. They start hating me and going away from me but then... I really didn't care at all. If i step down it means i loss and there is no way that will happen. Besides loving Astronomy is not hard."

 

"I believe on you." Mirai uttered. "I believe on you Kawashima-san, i know that you are not that type of person. I know that you are someone who just shows who you really are without any disguise. Besides... If you really joined the club because of the president, i doubt about it. You said it... The president is too choosy in letting a member in to the club and he chose those individual who he really thinks can be a good and loyal member."

 

Umika stare at Mirai for a moment without saying a thing and then after a few seconds she stand up from where she is sitting and then hug Mirai tightly. Actually she have many friends but she knows that they are always by her side because they are using her for their own good. She is rich and has a good looks and also she is famous, if you are friend with her you will feel the same way. Among her circle of friends there is no one she can trust, she has a feeling that everyone has the will to betray her but now she found a true individual who she thinks will stay with her and will be there if she needs her.

 

"Don't call me Kawashima-san, call me Umi...Umi-chan. We are true friends from now on. Mimi-chan, we are friends from now on." Umika told her as she hold on Mirai's hand tightly.

 

...

 

After her club activity she went straight to her part time job which is just a walking distance through school. It is a family restaurant and so many people are always there, eating their food together. When she arrives at the back part of the restaurant she saw a guy sitting down in the table and drinking juice. He looks cool and cute at the same time. He is wearing a junior high uniform which she tried to guest what school. She is sure she saw that uniform somewhere. She tries to think more, digging from the deepest part of her brain and when she already realize it she is surprised.

 

"Oh she is here already." the manager said when he saw Mirai standing near the door. His name is Jun Mori.

 

Name: Jun Watanabe

Age: 30 years old ; culinary graduate ; owner of the family restaurant named JUMO

Likes: cooking , customers

Dislikes: dirty kitchen and utensils

 

The young boy look at her when he heard that he already arrives. He is not smiling and it seems like he is piss off. "Sora Gakuen?" he asked when he saw her still wearing her uniform. "You are just a distance away from this place so why do you need to be late?" he asked madly.

 

"Eh? I...I have club activities so..." Mirai answered but actually she is not late from what she and manager talk about the last interview. She is just in exact time so why is this guy so mad about it? Jun smiled when he heard the young guy saying those words. He tap his shoulder and let him calm down.

 

"You are just too early, Mirai-chan is not really late."  Jun defended her. "By the way this is Ryutaro Ishikawa, he will be joining you as well. He is a new part time worker like you."

 

Name: Ryutaro Ishikawa

Age: 16 years old ; senior in junior high

Likes: ramen

Dislikes: sweets

Personality: easily get mad, went to a meeting one hour earlier but he hates waiting

 

"I...Ishikawa?" Mirai asked as she stare at the guy who is staring at her as well. He is also good looking and he has this magnetic force like what the others have. She wonders if he another relatives of this guys? Are their clan really good looking? How can that be possible? Mirai sigh, why do she always stumble a path with them. "Good afternoon. I am Mirai Kurosawa nice meeting you." she introduced herself but he didn't response. He seems like have a cold attitudes to other people but why is he working? Looking at his uniform she is sure that he came from the elite all boys school called Lucia School. For what she knows everyone who is studying there are rich students who are spoiled brat and didn't experience the hardship of life.

 

Jun get something from the cabinet besides him and give it to the two. Those are uniforms that they need to wear when they start working. They will start today and so they wear their uniform. Mirai is already done wearing her shirt and the apron but when she went out of the dressing room for girls she saw that Ryutaro is having a hard time tying the apron from the back and so she approach him and without saying anything she grab the Ryutaro from his back.

 

"Wh...what are you doing?" Ryutaro asked him.

 

"I'm going to help you tie your apron." she said.

 

"Don't touch me." Ryutaro said as he slap her hand away. "Do you think I am stupid that I don't know how to tie this?"

 

"I...it's not like that."

 

"Liar." Ryutaro whispered and then he tried to do it again but he really can do it for some reason.

 

Mirai approach him again try to touch the apron again. "I...I don't think you are stupid." she said. "But I wonder why a rich guy like you needs to work and go through this. You came from Lucia school right? It is known for having an elite image but for you to do this, you must have a big reason behind it." she continued and now seems like Ryutaro already calm down and let her do the tying of his apron. When she is done she smiled and feel accomplish about the small thing that she did.

 

"You talk too much." Ryutaro told her. "Not because you tie my apron i owe you already. Not because I came from that school you can underestimate me. I am not like those brats who didn't know anything to do with their life. Don't compare me to those guys who can't stand alone with their own feet. I will prove to her... I can do this."

 

"Her?" she asked to herself. Ryutaro looks at himself for a moment in the mirror and then after that he went to the kitchen to start doing his job. Ryutaro get the wrong idea, she is not actually underestimating him. The truth is that she adore his braveness for levelling himself with the middle class. Working and suffering hardship but still why? He is rich enough right? But like her, she actually didn't need to do part time jobs but she wanted to have experience. He has his reasons why he is doing things and she think that it is cute.

 

Mirai is about to go the kitchen when all of a sudden she heard plates break.

 

"I...I'm sorry." Ryutaro said to the guy who are helping him. "I...I didn't mean to break the plates."

 

Jun came and saw the broken plates in the floor. He sigh but he is not mad, maybe he is expecting that Ryutaro will do some mistakes in doing his job. The way Jun looks, he doesn't look naive to not noticed that he came from a rich family. "Mirai-san, can you handle dish washing alone?" Jun asked her.

 

Mirai who is just standing there and watching the scene immediately approach the scene and nod her head. "I can do it."

 

"Alright, Ryutaro I will just assigned you to taking orders to the customers. But make sure to look friendly in front of them." Jun told him.

 

"Hai." Ryutaro answered in a grumpy manner. He walks out from the kitchen and went outside to start working as a waiter. On his way he bump into a cute girl who just went inside the kitchen but he didn't say sorry about it.

 

"Eh? Is that the Ishikawa guy you are telling me brother?" the girl asked to Jun who stand besides her. Jun nodded his head and smiled back. Mirai keeps on looking to that girl. She is wearing a very cute but unique clothes like otaku do.

 

"This is Mirai Kurosawa our new part timer." Jun introduced Mirai to her. "This is my little sister Mayu Watanabe, don't be deceive but this girl is already a first year university student."

 

"Really? She looks like high school to me." Mirai answered back.

 

"Well, i don't care being mistaken as a high school girl. Actually i want to go back to being high school and wear those cute uniform. I am Mayu Watanabe and i am already 19 years old. I am taking fashion designing as my course. Nice meeting you Mirai-san." Mayu greeted.

 

Name: Mayu Watanabe

Age: 19 years old ; 1st year university student ; fashion designing

Likes: designing clothes, anime, cosplaying

Dislikes: not cute things

Personality: childish, but serious when talking about what she loves

 

Mirai's mother pick her up from the restaurant where she is working . Her hand are hurting because of washing so many dishes at ones. She thought that she will be fine if she is okay doing the work but seems like she can't do it alone. But if Ryutaro will be back in dish washing area then he will just break more dishes but Jun said that he is also not good at getting customer's order. His face is not smiling at all and not friendly at all. Because he came from a rich family he is having hard time dealing with normal individual do but he is determined to do it and for some reasons she wanted to help him.