Curse of the God Chapter 3

Curse of The God

 

It came a time that i hated school. I didn't want to go back to school i don't want to see my classmates, i don't want to see my teacher. I want to stay in the house and lock myself in my room. As long as i have my books of astronomy, my telescope, my glow in the dark stars, my figurine i can live... I can be happy but in the end i realize i am not. It's hard to be alone. I want to find someone who i can talk to the things that i really love. I want to but every time i tried to search i always failed and that ends to frustration. Is there no one who have the same interests as i am? Is there no one who likes the same thing like i am? Am  i weird liking this stuffs? Am i different wanting this things?

 

But then... I found it. A place that i am looking for very long time. A place that will accept me for who i am. A place that from now on i will call my paradise.

 

Yuri and Mirai reach the astronomy club room but she is surprised when there is a very long line of girls in front of it. It seems like they are falling in line to buy some goods or in cafeteria.

 

"What is this line?" Mirai asked Yuri who is stretching his arms up high. He looks so sleepy and he keeps on yawning since this morning.

 

"Girls who wanted to join the Astronomy Club." Yuri answered her. "But let me change that... This is line for a fansclub."

 

"Eh? What do you mean?"

 

"Well, Yuto is famous to girls and so they wanted to join the club to get closer to him and also to Keito and of course to me." Yuri replied back confidently and he point to himself while saying those stuffs. "Astronomy Club is not just an academic organization but also a fansclub. But of course i am just kidding, Yuto is strict with qualifications that even there are lots of girls who wanted to join they can't do it. In the first year of the Astronomy Club there are only 3 members, the president, the vice president and a member it is because everyone are just there to see Yuto. Yuto is not looking for girlfriend but for a club member."

 

"But seems like the girls this year are hype up and wanted to join the club." Mirai said as she noticed that some of the girls are reading something about Astronomy and memorizing just to impress Yuto. "This look like a long battle. I need to fall in line already or else i will not be done to this day."

 

"You don't need to." Yuri answered her as he grab her hand and drag her together with him "We will give you a VIP treatment."

 

"But it's unfair with the other girls."

 

"It's fine... It's not like they are going to pass."

 

Yuri is dragging Mirai with her but actually she doesn't like it. She wanted to fall in line and waited for her turn than to go in front line when the other girls went their earlier than her. She feels guilty and so she wanted to stop but seems like Yuri have so much strength on him even he looks so small. But they stop when someone called Mirai's attention and it is her friend. They are also in the line and when she saw them she immediately grab her hand away from Yuri.

 

"Mirai, are you going to enter the club as well?" a girl asked her.

 

"Yeah... I wanted to join the Astronomy Club." she answered.

 

"You are also interested with Yuto? Well that's normal, he is really attractive and good looking so nothing is wrong with joining a club just to be close with him. Actually we are not really interested with Astronomy, we just wanted to see Yuto closer everyday and so we are here. You are the same with us right?" another girl told her again.

 

"If Yuto is not the president then i am sure no one wanted to join this club. It's lame and boring. What's the point of learning Astronomy... It's even impossible for us to be an astronaut." the girl besides Mirai said.

 

I'm tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. Lame? Boring? How could you say this in front of me? Astronomy is worthless to you but for me it is my everything. I need to say something, i need to defend my part. I will not lose... I will move forward... Forward..to reach my happiness.

 

"Lame and boring." a voice started to talk from the back of Mirai. "that is not what Astronomy means."

 

"She's here." Yuri muttered as he look at those girls direction.

 

"Ka...Kawashima-san." someone called. "Yo...you hear our conversation?"

 

"Yeah... I'm listening here from the very beginning." the young lady answered her and then she went straight to Mirai's friend and then get their application paper and then when she collected everything she tear it in front of everyone. "If you will going to insult Astronomy again then go to hell. I don't need girls like you to join my club."

 

Scary...

 

"Wh...why did you do that?"

 

"This is an Astronomy Club and not Yuto's fansclub. If you wanted to join it then you can register on the other building. That is where the registration for the fansclub happening. If you are not interested in Astronomy, then don't waste your time in here coz we know if you are serious or not. We didn't want half hearted people to join our club." she continued and upon hearing it almost all the girls give their application paper to her and leave the place until there are only 5 girls who are left from all those 50 plus girls that are falling in line a while back.

 

"Look what have you done." Yuri muttered as he approach that young lady who is holding on the application paper and Mirai who is starring at them in shocked. "There is no one left to join the screening, this turn very boring. I even spread the news that it is automatic that if they will join Astronomy Club then they will also part of the fansclub."

 

The girl glare at Yuri and strangle him to his neck like she wanted to kill him and Mirai try to stop her. "The hell are you doing you stupid midget? Do you want to exhaust Yuto to his works?" the girl asked. She is still looking at Yuri madly but the latter act as if he is not affected.

 

"You are worried about him." Yuri said seriously and the girl blush but she immediately get rid of that and then she noticed Mirai who is looking at her. She is holding an application paper with her. "Are you going to enter Astronomy Club?"

 

"Ye...yeah...I am Mirai Kurosuawa, nice meeting you." Mirai introduced herself.

 

"I'm Umika Kawashima, I'm in my 2nd year high school." the other girl introduced herself.

 

Name: Umika Kawashima

Age: 17 years old ; 2nd year high school; Vice President of Astronomy Club

Likes: giving nicknames to people using their first syllable and just repeating it, shopping, cute stuffs

Dislikes: Yuri, insects

Personality: she a jolly type girl who is really active and energetic at the same time.

 

"What's going on here? I think i heard something." Yuto asked ones he went out of the room and he is surprised to see that there are only 5 girls in the line and then he saw Mirai who is together with Umika and Yuri. "Did you change your mind? Are you going to join the club already?" Mirai smiled and nodded her head. "I am glad."

 

Yuto continued talking to those girls who still wanted to be the member of the Astronomy Club and when then it is already Mirai's turn to talk to Yuto.

 

"Kurosawa-san, why do you want to join our club?" Yuto asked her first, he look at her application and then look at her again. Compare to other girls who went for application, Mira is different. She is not those girls who is smiling awkwardly and trying to look good and beautiful in front of him because of that he can't choose a right member to join his club.  Yuto is looking for a member of Astronomy Club and not for a girlfriend.

 

"Well, when I am processing my papers for transferee i saw your poster in the corridor and i am already interested. In my last school th..there is no club like this and so when you have one here I really wanted to join. I am really interested in Astronomy cause my father is also an astronomer and he introduce me things about the stars. I love the starry sky and i am really curious about it, about the universe and the galaxies but more on stars so... I want to join." Mirai answered him briefly.

 

"Then... Do you know the name of all the zodiac?" Yuto asked her again, he asked that question if Mira is really interested with joining. His question is just a basic knowledge of what they will do in that club which sometimes cannot answered by the other girls who wanted to join the club.

 

Mirai smiled "The Ramble Twins Crab Liverish; Scaly Scorpions Are Good Water Fish" she answered. Yuri, Umika and Yuto look at her in puzzled, what did she just say? "I...it is a mnemonics my father thought me. The Ram means Aries, ble which sounds like bull which is the Taurus, Twins is the Gemini, Crab is the Cancer, Li is the Lion, Verish is the Virgo, Scaly is a Scale which is the symbol of Libra, Scorpions is the Scorpio, are sounds like arc which is the archer, the Sagittarius, good sounds like goat which is the Capricorn, the water is the water bearer the Aquarius and then the fish which is the Pieces." she explained to them though she is not sure if they understand what she just said.

 

"So that's the best way to memorize the Zodiac huh." Yuri mumbled.

 

"Great. You pass." Yuto announce and its something Umika is waiting for the president to say to hug Mirai and congratulate her for a job well done. She hugs Mirai from the back and congratulate her many times.

 

"With this I am not the only girl who will be in this club. I'm so happy" Umika said. "The president is so choosy about who will joined the club, she didn't like girls who will just joined because of his looks but you can't do something about that, you are really good looking so everyone wanted to join this club."

 

"I can easily feel it when a girl is serious or not besides I don't want too much girl in this place. It will be noisy." Yuto answered as he fix the applications of the other girls.

 

"Hey, Umi-chan are you not planning to give me a hug? I am also part of the club." Yuri interrupted as he spread his hand and waited for Umika to hug him but he only received a step on his foot.

 

"Ne, Mimi-chan let's go to eat. I'm hungry." Umika told Mirai as she grab her hand and went out of the room. Mirai look at Yuri who is crying because of the pain that he suffers when Umika step on his right foot but Umika just drag her with her. The cute girl just call her Mimi-chan? That is the first time someone called her like that.

 

"Geez, Umi-chan is really rude to me." Yuri whispered. "That hurts."

 

"It's your fault for pissing her off." Yuto answered her back. "But I am not expecting that you will join this year. Is this something you decided on your own?"

 

Yuri stand straight and held a deep breathe "I wonder if is the right decision to let Mirai joined this group. She is a girl you know."

 

"Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine."

 

Yuri shrugged his shoulder and smiled "Since Yun-Yun said it then i think it's really alright." he teased. He knows that Yuto didn't want him to be called as Yun-Yun like what Umika called him.

 

...

 

Umika drag Mirai in the cafeteria where they will going to eat. Gladly it is not crump and there are chairs that are vacant that they can used. First they look at the menus and Umika ordered pork curry rice and Mirai did the same because it is the cheapest. She thought that Umika is already done taking orders but she went to the pastries area where she looks for cakes that are beautiful put on the chillers.  They look good, there are chocolates, vanilla and caramel flavour.

 

"Mimi-chan, choose what you like." Umika said. Mirai choose the caramel thinking that Umika just can't decided what to eat and she let her choose for her but when she said her choice the girl said to the assistant to put one slice in the plate and give it to Mirai and then Umika choose the chocolate one.

 

"Kawashima-san, this is..." Mirai uttered but Umika cut her words.

 

"Don't worry it's my treat." Umika told her. They paid for their food and look for a seat. While Umika is looking around she saw a familiar face in one table and then she and Mirai went there. She saw a tall guy eating ramen in one table alone and she knows that she saw him already. If she is not wrong, he is the good looking teacher that she bump a while ago.

 

"Konkon." Umika called as she sit down on the sit vacant and she also let Mirai sit down there. Konkon? What a weird nickname. "Can we seat here? You are alone right?"

 

"You are already sitting right?" Kota told her. "Oh, you are close already with the transfer student?"

 

Umika smiled to him "Not yet but i want to be close to her and i want to be friends with her. Oh... Mimi-chan this is Kota Ishikawa, he is the adviser of our Astronomy Club. Like what you heard he is also an Ishikawa, he is Yuto and others relatives. This year is his 2nd year in teaching but he is just 23 years old."

 

"I'm Mirai Kurosawa nice meeting you sensei." Mirai told him respectfully. Like the others he is good looking though skinny. But when he smile, his eyes is his charming point. "I'm really sorry about what happened a while back."

 

"Ah... Don't worry about that i will not die with just a bump" he answered foolishly. "So you joined Astronomy Club?" Kota asked her. Mirai nodded her head and the latter look at her with a surprised look making her feel conscious. "There are 8 official members of the club. There are 2 first years and 3 third years and there is another girl except for Mira who joined the club."

 

Umika nodded her head "Isn't that great sensei? Finally i am not the only one princess in the club."

 

"Finally, a new cute high school girl arrived in the club. Mirai-san I am looking forward to be your adviser." Kota told her as he grab her hand and shake it so many times. Mirai wanted to smile but she thought that the two are acting weird. Is Yuto really that strict about who will join the club? But looking at it, if Yuto will not be strict all the girls can joined the club and it will not be an Astronomy Club anymore but a club full of fangirl of the Ishikawa besides almost all the Ishikawa are members of the club. It is a club full of ikemen and it will be a paradise that a maidens heart can ever imagine and dream of experiencing.

 

While the 3 are eating their food, Kota sight Keito among the crowd. He is trap again by the girls that wanted to get his contact numbers or the other Ishikawa members. Kota called his attention and let him join in their table. Keito sigh, feeling exhausted about the crowd.

 

"Where are you going Ket-chan?" Umika asked with her another weird calling to person.

 

"I am searching for Ryosuke." Keito answered

 

"But you loss and then those girls saw you and you are trap." Kota continued what he is about to say. "You really never change, you have a really low sense of direction." he point out.

 

"Speaking of Ryosuke, Konkon, is he not planning to join again the club?" Umika asked Kota who is busy eating his ordered spaghetti. "I just kinda miss him around."

 

"Is Ryosuke part of Astronomy Club as well?" Mirai asked. She never heard about it nor Yuri talk about it and so she is surprised.

 

"He is a member but he quits immediately." Kota answered. "Besides i don't think he will come back when he have a bad terms with Yuto."

 

 "Actually, Ryotan is also a member of Astronomy Club but he is not that active and participating to our activities and so Yun-yun take his name off the list and what's worst those two are not in good terms which i don't understand." Umika just repeated some of Kota's words and then after that she became serious again as if she remembered something. "No... Maybe i can understand why." she whispered.

 

"Wh...what do you mean?"

 

"Mirai-san, do you like Sagittarius?" Keito asked randomly, shifting the topic into another one. It is obvious, she can feel that these people didn't want to talk about it but why? They have their own reasons and so she didn't bother to dig deeper. She looks at Kota and Umika and seems like they are also interested about her answer and so she nodded her head but why did he know about it?  "I pick your cellphone chain a while back and i saw the symbol which is the Sagittarius."

 

"Among the Zodiac, Sagittarius is your favourite?" Kota asked her.

 

"Yeah, though i also like Aries since it is my sign. My favourite is really the archer since my father who died a year ago is in that sign."

 

"Sorry, Mimi-chan, we didn't want to open such sensitive topic." Umika said when she heard about death.

 

"It's fine, i am open about those kind of things besides even he is dead it seems like he is still alive to us. My father is an astronomer and he really like to talk things about what he studied and discovered. Our house is fall of astronomy stuffs and that's the reason why i join the club." Mirai said.

 

"You seems like have a very sad life." Kota commented to what just Mirai said. "Don't worry Mirai-chan, as the adviser of the Astronomy Club i will make your life interesting as much as possible. I will let you forget all worries of your life and i will let you feel how great high school is."

 

"Don't you think you are exaggerating it, sensei?" Keito told him.

 

"Then i am looking forward to it, Kota-sensei." Mirai said.