Curse of the God Chapter 5

Curse of The God

 

You can see if someone is determined through their eyes. Eyes is the window of the soul and speaks too much without saying anything at all. If you are determined then you can do anything that you wanted to do. I like people who have dreams that they wanted to achieve. I like people who are following for the path to reach what they really want and when I meet people like that I wanted to help them with the best I can and so I decided to help Ryutaro about it.

 

"Mirai, what are you doing?" Miori asked when she enters her little sisters room. She take a look at what she is writing and then she chuckled and then start laughing out loud already. "What is this? Why are you writing a tutorial for washing dishes?"

 

"I want to help someone." Mirai answered her.

 

"With this? Is there someone who doesn't know how to wash dishes?"

 

"Rich people didn't know of course, they live with servants who do everything for them."

 

"Then for whom is this? You even bother doing this stuffs. Is this for someone special?"

 

"It's for a workmate, you know that i start working in a restaurant right? He is not doing well so i wanted to help him." Mirai answered her and then she write the last things that she wanted to right. "Yosh I'm done already. I hope he can read my hand writing."

 

"Seems like you are doing fine with your school. I'm glad to know that." Miori told her as she pat Mirai's head. "I hope i will not see you cry again like you always do before."

 

"I'm not a cry baby anymore." Mirai replied her back as she pout. "I'm happy."

 

I...I don't want the people that i love to worry about me again. I don't want to be burden and a hindrance. I want to change for the better. I want to find who really i am? Why i am born to this world? If i don't keep forwarding and just stick to the pass nothing will happen to my life. As much as possible i wanted to have a memorable last year in high school. All this time i always fear school but this time i will create it as something i will treasure for the rest of my life.

 

"According to my horoscope today I will be half fortunate and half bad luck." Mirai whispered as she is reading the horoscope magazine that she bought in a stall a while back. "Green will be my lucky colour." she continued and then she think. She is not wearing anything green that time. She has this habit where in she bring something that has colour of her lucky colour which is stated in the horoscope. "Then maybe... I can get a leaves because they are green." she thought to herself though she knows its stupid she still get one of the leaves from a tree that is just on her way.

 

"Do we have an assignment that needs a leaves?" someone asked and when Mirai turns around she saw Ryosuke standing at her back.

 

"Eh? I...it's no...not like that." she stammered as she tried to hide the leaves that she get and also the magazine that she is reading. She feels embarrassed showing her side of being a fan of the horoscope and zodiacs. "Do you need something from me?"

 

"Not really I am just curious of what you are doing." Ryosuke told her and then he start walking again. Mirai watch him as he walks away from her but it is rare opportunity that Ryosuke start talking to her and she wanted to know more about him. She immediately hide the magazine and the leaves to her bag and then held a deep breathe as she make her way to level up with Ryosuke's phase in walking.

 

"Ryosuke, are you not planning to go back to Astronomy Club? Th...they said that you are a former member." Mirai asked him. She heard about him being a member of the club but he is not active so Yuto erase his name in the members name. But the fact that he joined the club means he has a little interests with it right? But why did he stop being active? And also the fact that the two are not in good terms when they are actually relatives.

 

"I'm not interested with it anymore." he answered directly.

 

"Why? Is it because Yuto is there? I...I heard that the two of you are not in good terms to each other."

 

"Are you a detective? Can you stop throwing me question." he snapped and then he speed his level of walking leaving her on her own. She feels disappointed, she think that she make Ryosuke piss off again. She just wanted to be close to him a little, it pains her whenever she saw Ryosuke all alone. For some reason she can see her old self to him and because of that she wanted to be friend with him.

 

While she in depth thinking someone tap her shoulder and when she take a look who could it be, he saw Yuto.

 

"Yuto, good morning."

 

"I saw you talking to Ryosuke, is there something you need from him?" Yuto asked.

 

"Not really." Mirai answered. Now that she saw Yuto, she wanted to ask him about why the two are not in good terms but on the hand she thinks that it is not a good idea at all. It is a private thing and she should not dig in more since she is just a friend. She wanted to change the topic but she can't think of anything but all of a sudden something flashed on her mind when he saw a guy wearing a Lucia School uniform. "Yuto, can I asked something?"

 

"Yeah, anything."

 

"Well, I told you about my part time job right? I start yesterday and then I... I meet an Ishikawa there."

 

"Really? A customer?"

 

"No... He is there as a part time worker like me. His name is Ryutaro Ishikawa senior at junior high. Do you know him? I...is he one of your relatives as well?"

 

"Ryutaro?" he asked. "Yeah I know him, bu....but why? I mean, he is a type of a guy who doesn't went outside and now that you say that he is working, how could that be possible? That guy who even didn't know how to button his shirt is working a part time job?"

 

"So I am right that he is a young master."Mirai whispered. "Actually yesterday he didn't do anything right. I mean... He is assigned first in dish washing but he just keep on breaking plates and so he is transferred to writing orders but he is not that hospitable or should i say he is not into talking to customers. Well i know it is because he is rich since he is studying in Lucia School but if he will continue to be like that for sure he will be fired which I...don't want to happen."

 

"Why?"

 

"Wh...why you say? Well, when I asked him why he wanted to work he said with a determined eyes that he will prove he can stand on his own to that someone. Looking at it, I have on guys who are determined to reach something like their dreams and goals in life." she answered him briefly but she feels a little embarrassed to say such things to a guy and it is also her first time to say that thing to someone he just know.

 

Yuto ruffled Mirai's hair and then he smiled "You are such a nice girl Mirai but don't worry so much. Ryutaro can easily learn things so he will be fine. It's been a long time since i didn't saw him, should i visit him in his part time job? Is it far?"

 

"Eh? Not really it is just  walking distance from here. If you want to visit then you can come with me later after club activity." Mirai offered.

 

"Alright, I will look forward to that." he said.

 

While the two are talking to each other there is someone who is watching them from a far. Clenching with her own fist, she is fall of anger towards a girl who despite being a transfer student is already too close to the guy that she dreams to have.

 

...

 

Megumi enters the classroom and everyone stops talking and all their attention are towards her. She is glad that she handle 3-2, a not so smart students and not so stupid students. "Alright, today we will choose who will be the class president of this class." she started as she write the word class president and assistant president in the board. "Kojima-san, can you do the leading for the nomination." Megumi asked Fujiko who is starring at her with a surprised. For all the active student that she can call inside the classroom why should it be her? Even she is that smart, she can't handle being in front of talking while everyone's eyes are settled on her but since the teacher asked her to do it then she has no choice.

 

"Good morning, I am Fujiko Kojima and I will not open the nomination of for the class president." Fujiko started. "Please start nominating students." she continued but that time she is not looking at everyone.

 

"Fujiko, seems like nervous." Yuri commented on his seat. Mirai heard what he said which she agreed. She noticed that Fujiko stammered her words and her hands are trembling. She is an introverted type of a girl, most likely a loner who just concentrate on studying and her work in school council.

 

"Can't we nominate Kojima-san as the class president?" someone asked from the back. Megumi look at that guy and answered him. Fujiko is already a part of the school council and she is already busy by that, if ever she also became the class president then it is not really a good idea. "As much as possible I want one guy and one girl to do the leadership." Megumi added to her words.

 

"Then how about Yuri?" one girl asked.

 

"Yeah, Yuri is also a good student." another commented. "Besides he is our class president last year right?"

 

"But... He didn't do anything good that time."

 

Yuri stand up from where he is sitting down and everyone look at him. "Not because I am your class president last year then i should also be the one this year? I disagree about it. I will nominate someone, someone I know who can handle the works as a class representative." Yuri told them.

 

"Who?"

 

Yuri smirked and then look at Ryosuke who is sitting from the corner and then he point on him all of a sudden. "I nominate Ryosuke." he said.

 

"Y...Yuri, a...are you sure about that?"Mirai asked.

 

"What the hell..." Ryosuke cursed as he also stand up from his seat and everyone is shocked. "I don't want... I reject." he answered back to Yuri's nomination.

 

"Then do you have someone to recommend?" Megumi asked him.

 

Ryosuke looks around "Yeah I have, Why don't you elect the new transfer student as the class president of our class. For a change of ambiance." he suggested and then now all eyes are set on Mirai who can't believe that Ryosuke will recommend him to that position. She never tried to be a leader before and she has no idea what they are doing. Well she knows about them being the one who are doing stuffs when festival came and also the one who needs to talk to the student council president if needed. Mirai stand up from her seat "I... I am not good enough for the position." she answered. "I mean, I am just an average student I am not smart, I at math and the only thing I am really  knowledgeable is Astronomy."

 

"Being a class president doesn't mean that you have to be the smartest person in the whole class. It is about leading the class as one, lifting the spirits of everyone when they are down and also helping those who needs help. You don't need to be smart to do those things right? As long as you dedicate your time and do the task well everything's gonna be fine. Besides everyone will support you no matter what will happen." Fujiko suddenly said in front. Now all eyes are set on her and she feels embarrassed about she just said and so she face the blackboard to hide her embarrassment.

 

"If Kurosawa-san will be the class president. Is anyone here will reject it?" Megumi interrupted. She let Fujiko set down on her chair and she is already the one who lead the choosing of the leaders of the class.

 

Students start to murmur and talking about Mirai being the president but no one raised their hands so it seems like they are fine with her being their leader. "Alright so it is final, Mirai Kurosawa will be our class president and her assistant will be Ryosuke." Megumi randomly said.

 

"Huh? Why me?" Ryosuke complained. "Yuri will do better than I do."

 

"Well, Yuri is smart but him being our class president last year is a disaster right? He is too lazy to do things and so every things was done by his assistant." another commented.

 

"Anyone disagree if Ryosuke will be the assistant?" Megumi asked the class again but no one raised their hands. "Alright, so not it's settled. Mirai Kurosawa will be the class president and Ryosuke Ishikawa will be her assistant." Megumi finally announced and everyone clap their hands for the new leader of their class. The two went in front to say something about being in their position but it is obvious on Ryosuke's face that he doesn't want it.

 

"We will do our best to guide you this whole senior year. I maybe new to everyone but... As the class president, with all my might, I promise that I will make our last year in high school as memorable as possible. So please yorushiko onegaishimasu." Mirai said in front everyone. Megumi give the two a paper to fill up, it is a paper that needs their bio-data and should be given to the student's council president so that she will know who to asked when something urgent happened.

 

The two went back to their chair. When Mirai already sit down she look back at Ryosuke who seems like piss off with the sudden actions. "Seems like Ryosuke didn't want to do it." she whispered.


"Don't mind him, he will be fine." Yuri told her. "Since i am the class president last year should i tell you tips of things that you should do?"

 

"Eh? Everyone is murmuring that you didn't become a good leader last year."

 

"Well it's true, I am also force to do that and so i also deliberately became lazy. I don't like to do things which I don't like." Yuri answered her and then he smirked. She is afraid to know how much Yuri can be lazy enough.

 

Class and club activity is already over. Like what Yuto said, he will come with Mirai to her part time job to meet Ryutaro but Yuri and Keito also tag along with them besides they are also hungry and wanted to see Ryutaro. Mirai went inside of the restaurant from the back door to change to her uniform that time she saw Ryutaro who is fixing his shoes. When she is about to talk to him, someone called her attention and said that she will start taking orders from now on and she will guide Ryutaro on doing it. Mirai feels disappointed that her dishwashing tutorial is just wasted coz the two of them will be in customer assistance already.

 

"Good day Ryutaro." Mirai greeted him but he didn't response. "Oh... I brought someone who wanted to see you." she continued.

 

"Huh? Who could be that someone who wanted to see me?" Ryutaro asked coldly like always.

 

When Mirai is about to asked question, 2 cook who are female enters the kitchen area and talking about a group of good looking young man in one table. They are admiring their looks and they think that they fall for them.

 

"Hey, don't tell me you...brought... Those guys from Sora Gakuen?" Ryutaro asked her.

 

Mirai smiled "I told Yuto that an Ishikawa is working with me and he said that he knows you and wanted to meet you so they are here to see you." she answered.

 

"Geez, why do you need to bring them here, you moron." Ryutaro asked madly. "Yuto is fine but I have a feeling that the lazy rabbit is also with him." he whispered after shouting on Mirai.

 

Ryutaro and Mirai went out of the kitchen and went to where the 3 are sitting down. Ryutaro raised an eyebrow as he saw the 3 together and eating some dessert that they just ordered a while back.

 

"You didn't tell me that you are working already Ryuu-chan." Yuri said. "You look cute in that uniform." he added with two thumbs up.


"I don't need your complement." Ryutaro muttered. "Why the hell are you here huh? You lazy rabbit, didn't we see each other everyday in the residence? Why do you need to tag along?" he asked madly. Mirai smiled, she is not expecting that Ryutaro and Yuri has this kind of relationship.

 

"I am here to see you wearing your uniform and also because i am hungry. Is there anything wrong with that?" Yuri asked him back.

 

"I am also hungry so i tag along, though i also see you everyday in the residence." Keito said which sound like he just repeated something from the conversation.

 

Residence? Are they living together in one place?

 

"You've grown taller, aren't you Ryutaro?" Yuto asked, interrupting the conversation of the others. He close the menu that he is reading a while back and now stare at Ryutaro who is also looking at him. "But still you didn't change your spoiled brat attitude. I am wondering why you decide to work, I am surprised when Mirai said that you are working with her."

 

While Mirai are listening to their conversation someone called her attention and asked her to entertain some of the customers who just came in and so she excuse herself among the boys. Ryutaro sit down for a while together with Yuto for a moment since there are not much customer around.

 

"I need to earn money." Ryutaro replied back with his serious tone of voice. "I... I want to save her."

 

"Isn't that impossible?" Keito asked him. "You are risking your life if you plan to continue doing it."

 

"Of course I know about that. I am aware that i cannot fight against her but then... I can't take it anymore. We are... We are already tormented by this curse. Little by little it will going to kill us and so at least... Even it is forbidden to be together at least i can do something for her... I... I want her to smile again." Ryutaro mumbled as he clench his arms to his pants.

 

"Ryutaro... Are you serious?" Yuto asked him and Ryutaro just nodded his head.

 

"Don't be stupid." Yuri uttered and that time Mirai is about to come back to where the 4 are sitting down but she stop when she heard that serious tone of Yuri's voice that she never heard before. He stand up from his seat and get his bag "You can never win against a god." he continued and then after he said those words he leave.

 

Wh..what is this tension? What's with the sudden change of atmosphere? Why did Yuri act like that?

 

Ryutaro stand up from where he is sitting down and then walk back going to the kitchen. Mirai just follow her with her sight but she is worried to him.

 

"Mirai, we will order something." Yuto said to her.

 

"Wh...what happen to Yuri and Ryutaro? I...is there something happened?" she asked curiously.

 

"Yuri said that he will going to watch his favourite anime since the ending will be today so he should not be late while Ryutaro wanted to go to the comfort room coz his stomach is aching." Keito reasoned out. "I want a meatball pasta and also garlic bread plus another glass of pineapple juice." he continued.

 

"Me too, it's the same as Keito." Yuto said.

 

"Alright, please wait for your order." Mirai said. As she leave the table of the two, she feels something strange. For the first time she start to doubt those guys. She feels that they are hiding something from her.

 

The shift of the two are already over and Ryutaro is about to leave the restaurant but Mirai rush so that she can follow next to him. When she is done changing she immediately went out of the restaurant and run towards Ryutaro. "Ryutaro." she called at the top of her voice but he is not looking at her and then she repeat it again and all the people around the area are looking at her. Ryutaro stop from walking and so Mirai was able to run after him. "Ryutaro, i am glad you hear me."

 

"Of course i will hear you, you keep on repeating my name with that loud voice." Ryutaro told her.

 

"Are you hungry? Let us eat together."

 

"Eh? Do you have money to treat me in a luxurious restaurant? I want a beef steak but not those ordinary beef since i am allergic with them. I want those premium that someone like you cannot afford."

 

"You are really so mean, but that is one think i like from you." Mirai responded, a respond that Ryutaro does not expect. Mostly if people heard him talk like that they will get pissed off because of how brat he is but now it seems like someone was able to accept that side of him. "I am broke today so i will just treat you to a ramen house. My mom said that she will be late on picking me up so i have spare time to spent but i don't want to be alone and so..."

 

"Ramen? So cheap... But then fine."

 

Mirai smiled and then the two of them went to the nearest ramen restaurant that they can find. They ordered and then start digging in when their orders are brought to them. Ryutaro look at his food first, wandering it is safe t eat. He sneak a look at Mirai who is already starting eating her order. She looks happy eating it, it's as if she is already satisfied with it. It's been a long time since he eat together with someone and so it feels a little awkward but he misses it.

 

"Don't you know how to eat ramen?" Mirai asked him.

 

"Of course i know." Ryutaro answered her and then he start sipping some of it's broth. It's warm but it really taste good. "It's...good."

 

Mirai tap Ryutaro's head and ruffled his hair. She wanted to cheer him up after the talk between the others, he start acting down and now she feels happy that she accomplished what she panned to do. "You know what, i always want a little brother."

 

"Why are you saying that to me?"

 

"I want a little brother like you." Mirai point out. "someone who is brat because he can't live without me."

 

"That sounds so selfish."

 

Mirai chuckled. "You think so? But that's impossible since my father already died. There is no way i can have a little brother anymore. But maybe a big sister is enough besides she is always there to look after me."

 

"You are really weird." Ryutaro whispered and then he start eating again.