04

Living With Mr. Smart Guy (EDITING)

"Not His Fault"


It has been a month since you moved into Hoya's place, but nothing good has changed for you. Hoya still refuses to teach you, and you are still forced to wake up early with breakfast on the go, to ride together to school with him. The month of ride to school was been awfully silent, but it wasn't awkward so it was bearable for you.

The both of you agreed that he would drop you off a couple of streets away from school to avoid fangirls being suspicious of you, and so you walk to school while he drives off. You still couldnt believe dad didnt give you your car keys, when it could have been helpful right now. Mrs. Lee and your dad had agreed upon riding to school together because they claim it is more economical that way.

Since you still stopped by a coffee shop to buy you cup of machiatto, the bell rang before you even get to step on your school gate.

"Otteoke! I'm late again!" you quickened up your pace and rushed to your classroom, but then weirdly no one is around. You heard people at the hallways talking about rankings, and you knew instantly what was out. The mid-term exam results are out, which means hell for majority of the Seoul Academy population. 

"Way to go losers! Losers will always be losers. How come their ranks never change?" Someone guy teased.

You placed your bag onto your seat and immeditely rushed out of the room to see how you ranked this time around, hopefully it would not reach any lower than it already was. By the time you went to the hallway, you saw Hyomin the school wannabe trying to flirt with Hoya.

"Yes! I passed I am now moved to special section classes! Oppa let's seat together araso?" The queenka linked her arms into Hoya's and he immediately removed it. You completely ignored the scene and just past by them, since they are not as important as your status right now. You completely hated it when smart people tend to just look chill and brag about their scores like it was totally a no big deal.

You walked past through the crowd and made your way to the board. Thankfully along the crowd you found your friends. "Yah! ~~ you're late again! Come on let's check out your results." Yumi and Sooyoung teamed up and started scanning my name from the board.

"I totally forgot about it, I but know I at the exam. Hopefully it wont drag my ranking down as I thought" you told them and frowned at the thought. "Yumi and I are just in the average group. Considering your English skills, your score can't be that bad." Sooyoung added.

"Come on let's check the top list first." Yumi said.

You searched the list and wasn't able to finy your name. You moved on to the average list and double checked your name but like earlier you were not able to find your name on the list again. "Oh my god. What if I am at the bottom ranked list this semester?" you thought nervously.

"This is not happening to me. No." your head was screaming as you scan the very few list of names under the lowest ranking students, but it was not there either. Phew. A heavy sigh came out of you. "My name is nowhere to be found maybe they had a problem checking my exam papers that is why it was not yet posted." You said.

"That's a good thing ~~! It is impossible for you to be in the below average list. We've been together in the average list for as long as I can remember and nothing could change that." Yumi said.

"Miss Yoon ~ please come to the principal's office." The secretary announced through the school's speaker.

You slowly walked to the office and knocked.

"Enter." He called out.

"You may have noticed by now that your name wasn't put into the result list." He paused.

"Yes sir. I was looking for it just now." You responded.

"Well, I am very sad to tell you that you didn't make it to the average level." He explained and continued. "But you are lucky enough to have been reconsidered, someone advised me that it would be proper to give you a chance to ammend your grades, to prove that you do not deserve to be placed in that class."  "In order to make up for it, you would just have to take the below average classes until the next exam." He announced.

"I what? Y-you must be kidding, I can't be in that class! I don't want to belong in a class with slow comprehension, and aside from that they are rowdy." You protested.

"I have seen your results and your English and laungage ability scores are quite high, Ms. Yoon. Your only problem is your lack of foucs and attention in class. You have been continuously tardy these past few weeks too. If you fix yourself, I am sure you can make up your way to be with the average classes again." He advised.

"Fine, I know it was my fault that I did not prepare for the exam seriously, just please don't tell my dad about this. He is going to be furious." You pleaded.

"I am sorry ~~ but it is in our school rules to inform the parents about the results our students got." He informed.

"Jaebal! Principal Kang don't call appa anymore!" You begged.

"Don't worry being in the below average class wouldn't be as bad as you think it is. Also it is just for the mean time until you make up your grades for it." He finalized.

"You may leave now." He said and picked up the phone as soon as you stood up to leave. You found Yumi and Sooyoung waiting for you outside the office.

"What happened to you? Why were you called in?" They both asked.

"Yumi ah! Sooyoung ah! I wanna die now! Can the both of you just shoot me right now?" You whined while hugging your friends tightly.

"Waeyo? Is it some bad news? Did someone steal your purse again?" Sooyoung asked.

" Ani- its probably worse than that." You frowned.

"Then what is it? Whatever it is, spill it now. " Yumi demanded.

"I'm afraid I am going to have to leave the average classes. I flunked the test guys." You said. You couldnt believe the words you are utterning right now. It is really happening is it?

"Jinja? How could that happen? There must be some misunderstanding." Yumi defended.

"What Yumi said is right. Your name wasn't on the list in the first place." Sooyoung said.

"That's still not it you guys, maybe I'm just really stupid." You mocked yourself.

 "We can't do anything about it anymore, its final, so can the both of you just forget about it?" You told Yumi and Sooyoung and they stayed quiet for awhile. 

"By the way did you know Hoya got the first place spot again? And Woohyun placed second after him." Yumi informed.

"As usual since Hoya is the legendary genius of Seoul Academy. If only I could get him to notice me." Sooyoung sighed.

"What so great about that jerk besides his brain?" You asked while you check your phone for the recent message. 

"Lee Ho Won is a student body president, taekwondo medalist, a philantrophist, plays piano and violin, is rich, and is good looking. That's only a few of his good traits, but who knows mr. perfect might actually have more talents than that." Sooyoung defended.

"All in all he sounds like a real bastard." You commented.

"Why pour all your anger into him? Do you guys know each other?" Yumi suspected.

"Ah, ani! Its just because I don't believe there could be a person that can do almost everything perfectly. Its just impossible!" You lied. 

"That's what I am thinking too!" Sooyoung said.

"Oh by the way ~~, we don't have classes this afternoon. Maybe we should crash in your house later. Lets have mani pedis and movie marathon of our favorites to make you feel better." Yumi suggested.

"Great idea Yumi!" Sooyoung said and clapped her hands in delight.

"I- I don't think that's a good idea." You said.

"Why not?" They both said and frowned.

"I am afraid that appa will not be in a good mood if we go there. He might get the phone call from school and all." You lied.

"Oh, I see. So I guess we'll just hang at the mall like we used to then!" Sooyoung suggested.

"Mianhe Sooyoung ah, I don't think I could join the both of you today. I gotta go home and talk to appa." You half lied again.

You glanced at your phone and there was a text message from Hoya: where r u now? I am leaving school soon.

You quickly sent a reply to him : coming!

You deleted the his message after sending yours and held up your phone.

"Appa just texted. He says I need to get home noe. I am dead when I get home. Pray for me you guys! Anneyoung!!" you said then ran back to the school playground to meet with Hoya.

"Hello!" You waved at his car window, he unlocked his car door and you went in.

"Sorry for making you wait so long." you said, Hoya started driving and then there was that silence again.

"I heard you are being sent to take below average classes." Hoya mentioned.

"Yup, I did. How did you even know about it?" You asked.

"There were rumors going around the faculty room about you being sent to below average classes." He said "So is flunking school part of your plan too? Or are you just really that dumb?" Hoya joked harshly.

You did not find that comment funny but harsh. Ever since the first day you met him he has not been nice to you but rude. So this time around you really lost it and snapped. 

"Wanna know something? Yes. It was all part of my plan, so that I could no longer live with a jerk like you who would not even bother help me a single bit when his parents clearly told him to!" You shouted.

"You want to know my side of the truth as well? I did want to help you, but everytime I think about helping you I ended up getting annoyed by you instead." He explained and continued on "Its not becuase I hate you, but because of my parents. I dont want to do something becuase they told me to. I want to help because I wanted to." He finished. Suddenly, you understood him. He was the opposite of you, he didn't want to live on his parents control, while you always do and did. Then the two of you went back to silence again until the both of you got back to his house.

 

You found your dad at the living room sipping his tea and reading a newspaper.

"Appa." You called, he held down his newspaper and looked up.

"~~"he said. Hoya looked at dad and gave a bow.

"I will get changed first." He excused himself and went up the stairs while you went to sit beside your father.

"Princess, the principal called me earlier about you failing your test and you being transfered to the below average class." Dad informed you.

"What happened to you? Are you uncomfortable living here?" He asked.

"Ani its not like that appa," You defended.

"Then what? Isn't it that Hoya is supposed to teach you what you don't understand? Why is it that you're doing worse than you are already doing?" He was now mad.

"Appa, don't be mad. It is not Hoya's fault. The fact that I am even studying you should thank him for it!" You pointed out to him.

"Blame me for being dumb and stubborn. That is the only thing that caused my failing." You explained.

"You are never dumb honey, no one is. I never blamed you for that. Its just that you never study." He said.

"Appa, I will make it up to you so you don't have to worry about me everytime and one day I can prove to you that you can rely on me." You said.

"I promise appa." You added.

Then a phone call interrupted our conversation. "Yes this is Lawyer Yoon." He said.

"A what? Yes, okay I understand, i'll get there as soon as I can." He put his phone down and sighed.

"Honey, appa has to go now. I just wanted you to know that I miss you and no matter what problems you are going through you can always come home or talk to me." He said and stood up.

"I really miss you ~~ ah. Do your best okay? I believe in you my princess." he hugged me and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Me too appa." Was the only thing you said.

After you escorted your dad on his way out, you shut the door lightly and walked slowly up the stairs when you found Hoya there at the staircase looking at you with eyes that you couldnt explain. "Were you listening to everything that we just talked about?" you asked him.

"Yes I did." He said bluntly. "Why didn't you tell your dad the truth?" He asked.

"Its none of your business." Was the only thing you said, and then you headed to your room and slammed the door.

 

 


A NOTE FROM AUTHOR-NIM

Hello guise.

it has been months since I last updated. My life and schedule had been very busy..

and this Christmas Break is the only time i get to get back on my Fanfictions :)

thanks for all the support my dear readers, commenters, and friends ^^

I am very glad and thankful that almost everybody waited for me to update till the end.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!