02

Living With Mr. Smart Guy (EDITING)

"Just So You'd Know, I Didn't Agree To This"


Moving Day:

You were awakened with the sound of busy footsteps walking around your room. You slowly opened your eyes and found two maids inside the room with a bunch of your newly bought clothes in their hands. 

"Yah, what are you guys doing in my room without my premision, and also holding my clothes?!!" you shouted furious.

The maids stopped what they were doing and bowed thier heads down. "Mianhe Miss ~~, Master Yoon asked us to pack all of these up and move it to the moving truck as soon as possible." the skinny maid said.

"He what?!" you said with your eyes wide in suprise, rememebering now that your dad actually agreed to your moving to the Lee family's house  last night. In panic, you ran as fast as you could down the stairs, not even minding that you are still in your pajamas.

"Oh honey! Good thing you're awake now!" he smiled like he knew what was up.

"STOOOOOOOOOPP!" you shouted to the workers who were busy moving your things.

"They're just moving you things honey. You don't have to overreact." he stated.

"Appa!! How can you even agree to them? Do you want your only daughter to live with a teenage boy alone?" You whined as you grabbed his arm.

"No, of course I don't, but my friend is right. That boy can help you, and not only that, I think it would be a good thing for you to live apart from me as well."

"Andwe! I'm not going to step into that hiddeous house ever! Even if you force me inside." you warned.

" ~~ ah you're being immature right now. This is not as if you're living there for enternity. Just until you finish high school and after that I'll even buy you a unit at Myungdong or wherever else you want." Your dad said and sighed.

"Fine. I get it, but if anything happens to me, it would be your fault not mine." you finished then stormed back to you room and slammed its door.

"Sigh, I wonder how Hoya reacted to this arrangement. Did he even say yes?" you whispered.

Your car arrived at a quiet neighborhood. There was only one house there, it was huge and similar to your house. As your car approached the gate of the house, it automatically opened. The driver opened the car door for you and you got out. You headed straight to the front door and slowly opened it. Unlike your at house, no maids welcomed you at your arrival here. There was only silence, you sighed with the dissapointment. You walked around the first floor and examined the furnitures, kitchen, and curtains. Everything around the house was very simple, but it was not really bad like you expected it to be.

You went upstairs and found four rooms. The first and second doors you opened are empty. Then you opened the third one near the bathroom,  the room was pink and was decorated with black and white furnitures which you asummed was your room. You went back downstairs to call the driver ahjusshi to put all your luggages in that room. When you saw Mrs. Lee at the gate waering shades, smiling and walking towards you.

" ~~ ah! Welcome home!" she said and hugged you. "Come on lets go inside." she offered.

You sat at the living room with both of your hands on your lap while waiting for Mrs. Lee, who went to the kitchen to prepare tea.

Then seconds later Mrs. Lee came back with two cups of tea. "So, tell me ~~ ah.. do you already have a boyfriend?" she asked you.

"I- don't really have one." you shyly said.

"Jinja!? Such a pretty girl like you! Why don't you have one?" she covered with her hands in suprise.

"I don't really know. I think its because im not really looking for one." you replied.

"You're such a sweet girl! You know how I really wish to have a daugter like you instead of those two boys useless who do nothing but study!" she complained.

"I don't think its that bad to have sons like yours Mrs. Lee." you said.

"Aigoo, if you only knew." she sighed.

"So, you must have already been to your room. How do you like it?" She asked.

"Its pretty! I love how the bed matches with the table and almost everything!" you explained.

"Jinja? I'm glad you liked it. I especially chose everything myself." she said.

Then someone came in from the front door and walked towards the living room after hearing someone inside the house.

It was Hoya and boy he didn't look very pleased to see us.

"Umma! What are you doing here?" Hoya asked.

"I came to check up on ~~! Why you have a problem with that?" Mrs. Lee defended.

"and what are YOU doing here?" he asked me.

"Hoya, I thought we have already discussed this. She is going to live with you here until the both of you graduates from high school." she clearly stated.

"Fine then, do whatever you want." he said and left not caring.

"Jinja! This boy!" she said.

"Don't worry Mrs. Lee, I'll just try to convince him about it." you offered.

"Okay then, i'm leaving now. I still have a salon appointment. Call me if you need anything okay?" she asked then immidiately headed to the door.

"Oh, by the way. You can call me Umma. I like it better that way." she said.

After she left, you headed upstiars to your room to check up on your clothes and the stuff the maids packed you. After looking at it, you checked your mobile phone and called  your two best friends.

"Yeobseo? Yumi ah! I'm bored. Are you free today?" you asked.

"Mianhe ~~ ah my mom saw my failed exam results again and she went hysterical. She won't let me out of the house of a week." Yumi apologized.

"Gwenchana. Don't worry about it. Take care and Hwaiting ok? bye!" you said cheering her on.

Now you decided to just call your other best friend Sooyoung.

"Anneyong Youngie. I wanna go out! Are you free today?" you asked again hoping she would say yes.

"The deadline for the art competition is due tommorrow I have to pull an all nighter on this one. Minahe ah ~~!" Sooyoung apologized.

"After I submit this thing over to the judges, we three can go out everyday again." she said.

"It's alright. Good luck with that contest! Don't tire yourself too much okay?" you said.

You sighed. There was no one to hangout with today, and no car to use to go out, you are basically stuck at home alone with that cold guy. 

"I guess I'll just do my homework for tomorrow then." you whispered to yourself and placed your school bag in the study table. After an hour of staring at the paper you still didn't do anything because honestly you didn't knew how to answer a single question in the book. Might as well get started with the tutor thing, so you gathered up your courage and decided to look for Hoya and ask for his help.

*knock knock* then you procced in entering his room.

"What do you want?" Hoya asked with an annoyed voice. You hesitated for a bit, but then continued on.

"Well, I was trying to do my homework but I don't really know how. Can you like help me?" you asked.

Your eyes wandered around his room.

His room has a balcony of its own, the doors of it were open and it had a huge telescope outside. It was very simple and neat.

His computer was at his desk, books were aranged by height and possibly by title too. There were very few photographs to be seen. The bed looked soft and warm too.

"I'm actually busy. I can't help you and also even if I have the time why would I even help you?" he said.

"Well you should, because that's the reason why my dad dragged me into this hellhole anyways." you said.

"Well, don't worry, I won't be wasting any of your precious minutes anymore. Thanks a lot for at least even trying to talk to me." you said before you got out and slammed the door of his room.

"Jerk." you spouted.